GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted earlier. Just go to Google Maps or Google Earth and search for Death Valley Mine, San Bernardino County (it is not in death valley). It is two hours north of 29Palms

Yes, I remembered the post....reason for the deja vu comment.

Since poster didn't quote the original post, I was asking if she remembered who posted it and what page it was on. She was asking what it was about....and I was wondering what she meant by that question.

Good morning, I think I just struck good. I too believe she is two hours away. I saw someone a few posts back asking again about hunting in JTNP so I decided to search. Type in Google search "can you hunt in Joshua tree national park". A few links down is a yahoo quesgionging asking the same question from 2010. Go read the lady's answer. First thing she says is the Mojave national preserve. Then I mapped it with 20. Boom, two hours away! I also think she is in a mine so then I searched "Mojave national preserve mines" and I got the death valley mine! I had already looked at death valley when whomever posted that awesome research the other day as this one really stood out to me as it said it was 1200 feet deep! I think I'm onto something seriously. Can you call the tip line and say I think you need to search here?

What was this about?????

BBM. I believe this was someone doing some sleuthing of their own of the whole 2hrs away location possibility. Not much more to it I don't think? :thinking:

BBM. IMO, because wives usually don't react well to finding that out. In many cases at WS, this exact scenario was motive for murder.

And wouldn't it be just as cruel to let JC think the baby was his, when it may not have been?

again, i ask why would CL wife NL worry about EC being pregnant? you are assuming NL would automatically think the baby is CL's and not Erin's husbands?

BBM: of course not, it would be assumed it's her husbands, im sure this isnt the first time a woman didn't know the father of the baby, but she chose to tell him on father's day, what is he supposed to think?

I believe this was someone just doing some sleuthing of their own of the whole 2hrs away location possibility. Not much more to it I don't think? :thinking:

That's what I was thinking, but thought I'd take a look at it anyway.

Thanks!

again, i ask why would CL wife NL worry about EC being pregnant? you are assuming NL would automatically think the baby is CL's and not Erin's husbands?

BBM: of course not, it would be assumed it's her husbands, im sure this isnt the first time a woman didn't know the father of the baby, but she chose to tell him on father's day, what is he supposed to think?

BBM. If I found out the woman my husband had been having an affair with was pregnant I would definitely wonder/worry if the child was his and not her husband's. Even if he claimed it couldn't be (relationship was over, whatever) there'd still be that niggling doubt.

*That said, I'm new to the case and have not read through all of the other threads yet to know who/how much was known about the affair. Is it suspected that NL was aware?

BBM. If I found out the woman my husband had been having an affair with was pregnant I would definitely wonder/worry if the child was his and not her husband's. Even if he claimed it couldn't be (relationship was over, whatever) there'd still be that niggling doubt.

*That said, I'm new to the case and have not read through all of the other threads yet to know who/how much was known about the affair. Is it suspected that NL was aware?

I recall reading that NL was made aware of the affair back in Feb of this year. Not sure if this was yet another rumor? Anyone have a link for this?

I agree! I would have that same thought cross my mind if it were my husband cheating on me and his mistress became pregnant.

ren-dez-vous

noun
  • a meeting at an agreed time and place, typically between two people.

You're right about the definition but I have to admit that rendezvous sounds a lot more like you're up to no good than just saying she met someone. ;) Almost makes me want to say "ooooohhhh" LOL

I recall reading that NL was made aware of the affair back in Feb of this year. Not sure if this was yet another rumor? Anyone have a link for this?

I agree! I would have that same thought cross my mind if it were my husband cheating on me and his mistress became pregnant.

A link was never posted so I believe it's still considered rumor.

Jmo, but if I found out about an affair, that would be it for me, pregnancy or no pregnancy. But with pregnancy, comes the chance of 18+ years of child payment. So,even if a wife chose to stay with a cheat, chances are DNA might be tested at some point.

BBM. I believe this was someone doing some sleuthing of their own of the whole 2hrs away location possibility. Not much more to it I don't think? :thinking:

Yeah, that was as far as it went. (If the person who just copied that post over reads other posts around that time she will get the full story.)

I doubt he asked anyone about going hunting.I am willing to bet when LE questioned the two people that supposedly canceled going with him either they had no idea what LE was talking about or said CL was the one that cancelled.

I'm thinking the same thing. Since IM supplied some of this information, I'm taking it with a very large grain of salt.

Exactly, a secluded spot in the middle of nowhere, that she would buy as a celebratory locale for the two of them to escape their daily routines. As in NOT Joshua Tree National Park, that she visits every other day. You're making my point. There is no reason why she would want to go to a national park which is packed with people that she has seen inside and out for months on end, in 100 degree heat, while she's pregnant, with morning sickness etc. And if He wants a clean getaway after he accomplishes his sordid goal, he must accommodate her wishes until the opportunity presents itself.

The evidence, or lack thereof, suggests that he managed to restrain his deadly desire until they were far and away from the prying eyes of the many tourists in the park, and the motorists on the roadways. Ergo a secluded location, outside of the vehicle, that isn't in JTNP.

I'm with you about an area outside of JTNP. If NL really told IM that LE would never find the body, that eliminates JTNP IMO. (Just try and decipher all those initials! lol) Even if she didn't say it, I still think JTNP would be a bad idea. Too many people go through there, including exploring the mines (both inside and outside of JTNP), and a HUGE desert that most people never explore is right there. I've been all over most of JTNP many times, and even in a few of the horizontal mines, but I've just touched the surface on the rest of the desert. Although we've driven many of the trails outside of JTNP, there are just soooooo many that I will never get to all of them. Since they all look very similar there are few people driving around out there, so it just seems much more likely in my opinion. A lot more to see in JTNP and people come from all over the world to see it...it's just a matter of time if she's there.

Have we seen any recent media reports on what and where the CL couple are in Alaska? What are they doing...where are they working? I'm wondering why the media hasn't shoved a camera in their faces and asked them if they know what happened to EC? I'm wondering why they aren't asking CL if he was having an affair with EC, if she was pregnant with his child, and if he murdered her! Why is this couple tucked away so cozy while EC's family is going nuts trying to find her. Where is the spotlight?

All my opinion and speculation only!

There haven't been any links posted here. For some reason the media in Alaska isn't reporting anything...even though some WS members contacted the media with information on this case!

Unless the military has changed in recent years...oh heck yeah of course it has..anyway, the NCIS on base likely told him to keep his mouth shut, no interviews, no cameras. Nothing. and though the police may have jurisdiction, the military police and NCIS will be prominent, after all these are marines we are talking about and who is to say the crime didn't happenon on base?

Though lack of information kills my curiosity, I think LE are doing what they must do. I think she is gone forever. Sadly.

Yes, I agree with you on the reason for his silence...and unfortunately I also agree with you about thinking Erin is gone forever. Praying they find her soon and justice is swiftly served!!

So are we back to seeing the red car sighting as credible? I have not been caught up here the past few days.

So are we back to seeing the red car sighting as credible? I have not been caught up here the past few days.

I do see it as at least partially credible, but I know others don't. I think it's pretty mixed at this point from what I've seen posted.

Yes, I agree with you on the reason for his silence...and unfortunately I also agree with you about thinking Erin is gone forever. Praying they find her soon and justice is swiftly served!!

Of course this info is strictly from JC's mother....."He can't speak out, his command has asked him to be quiet.. He feels helpless because he can't help with the search," says Braden.http://www.kesq.com/news/marines-mother-breaks-silence-on-search-for-daughterinlaw/26857092

So as I was driving through Yucca Valley tonight and by Tractor Supply, I remembered something. We have that busybody (MOO) IM that made the comment in an interview that Erin had never worked at Tractor Supply even though she had been hired. But I specifically remember reading on the families webpage (Locate Erin) people, more than one, commenting that they had met her or knew her from when she checked them out: at TRACTOR SUPPLY in YUCCA VALLEY.

That's just one more in the long line of BS (MOO) that IM spews.

"And on to the red car. ;) Honestly, I'm undecided the sibling witness accounts. I can't decide if they are telling the complete truth or elaborating their story to make it more interesting, which has created a situation where misinformation is out there. There are too many situations where witnesses have truthfully given their account of what they saw, yet they got the details wrong. [/B] Look at all of the sketches of suspects that are given by multiple witnesses and none of them match-yet they are all of the same person. It happens all the time, even when witness accounts are taken moments, instead of days, after the crime. The witnesses had no reason to pay special attention and it was so far away that I have a hard time believing that he paid special attention to the person sitting in the car or that he could even see the details of the person sitting in the car. I think he wants to remember and might be trying so hard that he is making himself believe he saw something that he did not or might have seen at another time and is confusing things in his mind. Here is an example, my neighbor's house is directly across the street from me and I was in my driveway the other day. My neighbor's friend was visiting and before he drove away, he rolled his window down. I wasn't able to determine much about him even though I was paying attention and he was only about 50 feet from me. Try it sometime. Go about your day in a normal manner and without trying to cheat. As you lay in bed that night, go through your day and ask yourself to remember someone completely random such as a grocery store clerk, the UPS guy, the woman walking her dog, the family in the crosswalk, the guy eating lunch in his car at the park, etc. I was blown away by how little I remembered. As a result, I tend to dismiss the description of the person inside the car, and the car. We have no idea if he would have gotten Erin's car description correct since it was still sitting there so he didn't have to remember. In my opinion, it makes sense to me, that a car was being parked on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and the witnesses were curious and looked to see what was happening. It makes sense to me that if they paid any attention at all, they would have watched the woman exiting the car out of curiosity. If it was me, I would have originally been focused on the car being parked to see if it was damaged or just being parked and then I would have moved my focus to the woman getting out of the car, locking her car, and then walking to the other car and getting inside. Then I'd be done. Maybe it is just me, but I wouldn't have paid much attention to the other car since my focus would be on trying to figure out what the woman was doing. I'm not sure I would be able to remember details about the other car or who was inside, other than another vehicle was there. This is pure speculation on my part, but when I put myself in the position of the witness, this is the way I would have watched it unfold and remembering it accurately several days later would be sketchy, at best. That said, my other issue is that CL's jeep tracks match the tracks at the scene. If a red car was present, where are the tracks? A red car doesn't match the hard facts known to be true. In my opinion, there is no red car. The witness wasn't paying attention because he never thought he would need to remember anything or that he was seeing anything sinister. When he realized that was Erin's car, he desperately wanted to remember everything and that might have created a situation where he wrongly convinced himself of what he saw or maybe saw at another time. I think it would be easy for misinformation to be presented, even when he believed he was giving accurate information.

On the other hand, let's say I'm completely wrong and there is a red car and there are tracks (that we don't know about) to support the car's existence. I think Erin was transported in the car and it is burned out and sitting in the desert somewhere in a different location than Erin is or it is at the bottom of a mine with, or without, Erin. I can only speculate, but if I used a car to carry out a murder, I would burn it so no trace evidence could be linked back to me or I would dispose of it in a location with minimal chances of it being located. I would dispose of it separately of the victim. In the desert, it would be WAY too easy to go out in the middle of nowhere, carry out the crime, dig a hole, or just walk away and let the animals do the work. A car is a lot harder to dispose of, I would think."

"Intrigued Again" EXCELLENT POST !!! I was getting frustrated with the slow progress but your post recharged my battery. Thanks!
I think the issue of the RED car needs t be determined if we (us on this board) are going to help on this case. (1) Is the sighting legit? If so, (approximately 10:00 AM) who were the people that were seen by the witness? Was the woman EC, NL or someone else? Who was driving the Red car? CL , JC or someone else. The time line is also CRITICAL! If we assume the woman was either EC or NL, that means the distance to the "destination" was within an eighty (80) mile radius, maximum, and probably less do to down time (time out of vehicle). If woman was NL, she was returning the blue car from wherever and the person in the other vehicle has important information (who could that be?). If the woman was EC (doubtful), she met with whomever was driving the red car (possibly someone unknown). I think the time line, based on the witness observation is CRITICAL, in finding any information on EC's whereabouts!
Did MB see a red and a blue car or just two vehicles. The blue car was EC and was there when MB returned so that is a given, but was the second vehicle as he described? The "two hours away" is out the window if the witness statement is accurate!
As with everyone, the second vehicle is bothering me. I think this needs to be confirmed, as it would greatly aid in determining what has happened to EC and where she might be at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en