GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Bill Garcia and why did he get involved? :)

I personally think he should head to Alaska and see what he can find out. Talk to some friends and see what the word is on the street. I don't know what good he'll do in JT. I don't think he's allowed to search so the next best thing is knocking on doors in Alaska and put some boots on the ground. It can't hurt. I'm just not seeing the purpose of him being in CA. We know she's here (probably buried) somewhere but we need someone to tell us where.

:notgood: imho

isn't that Bill Garcia the one that was involved , at some point, with Amber Dubois case too?

ugh

iF mr Garcia has a search dog I think he would be welcome to search with them. No one in the family can afford to pay him.imo

I had assumed his announcement along with the family's comment on a larger search were related. I guess maybe not?

Doesn't appear Mr Garcia has a good reputation????

Search dogs can only search 2-3 hours before they need rest(I am not sure how long a rest they need) So if one were to search all day more than one dog would be needed perhaps 3. I suppose you could use the same 3dogs the next day.imo

JTNP has received a lot of heavy rain recently. Perhaps this new search is being done in hopes of her being uncovered if they suspect she's in the park. Several dirt and main roads in the park are closed or being repaired because the rains were so severe. It's supposed to be clear and 100 degrees this weekend.

Megli STILL shows NO remorse at all for Erin. All she said was "I'm hoping. They're doing everything they can and that makes me feel better. We'll be here waiting for her". :confused: COME ON :gaah:
Yet in her 1st interview she spoke at lengths about how great CL is. I cannot imagine why there is absolutely NOTHING about Erin missing on her Horse Rescue Page. Erin was one of their own!!! I mean she volunteered for IM for at least 7 months and paid her $100.00 a month to sponsor a horse there. The only thing she said about EC in her first interview was she was very gentle with her horse????

I think on video when she is being interviewed, she seems very emotionless and sort of desperate to say and do the right thing (show emotion about Erin, not smile or be flippant about her disappearance), which she never does, IMO.

I agree it's highly unusual she hasn't seemed more upset, or hasn't had much of anything positive/personal/hopeful to say about Erin, or at the least made some note about her disappearance on her website, but... just to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe:

1) LE has warned her strongly not to comment on Erin and her disappearance (and to just focus on facts. e.g., that she had sponsored a horse named Cassy, and she used to carpool out there with other Marine families from 29 Palms), just like LE, Erin's family, neighbors, JC and his family, etc. have been MUM about her disappearance and circumstances (with the exception early on of the sister-in-law), and will only verify known facts.

2) She knows something bad happened to Erin (and it's too late to do anything about it), and probably has some degree of suspicion that CL may have been involved, and is (or was) good friends with the Lees (or she wouldn't have let them stay with her), but she primarily feels bad for Nichole (recalling when her reaction to LE showing up at the ranch when they were staying there with search warrants was "...poor Nichole...") rather than sad for Erin. She and Erin weren't that close it seems, Erin was shy, but she was close with NL, whom she knew a lot longer than Erin, so NL is her focus.

I think her reaction to Erin's disappearance is super creepy just the same, and she probably knows more than she's saying (to the public), but hopefully she has spilled all the beans to LE about what she knows/has observed and they are keeping it quiet and using it to work the investigation and find out what happened to Erin!! MOO

Can somebody please refresh my memory? I don't remember reading anything about NL and Megli being best friends...

Can somebody please refresh my memory? I don't remember reading anything about NL and Megli being best friends...

It was someone else who referred to them that way, so not sure whether there is factual information to justify the term "best friends". I simply think (MOO) the fact that IM knew NL a lot longer than she knew Erin, and she was close enough to them to let them stay at her ranch for a few weeks before moving back to AK (especially during the time of the heat of the early investigation into Erin's disappearance) when they could easily have made other arrangements for a place to stay (between his honorable discharge and moving to Ak a few weeks later) -- this implies to me IM and NL were close (a lot closer than IM and Erin were).

To my knowledge, they weren't/aren't. Another poster referred to them as such in one of their posts but it's not based on any MSM or anything else.

I don't think IM should really be judged that harshly... who are we to say that she hasn't been threatened or fears for her own life? If she doesn't truly know much of anything and just uses suspicions, who's to say she's not afraid it could come back to haunt her? Also, as far as EC goes, it's very possible she could be buried under rocks and literally be impossible to locate.. without an act of God or someone confessing :(

Very happy to see there will be a search this weekend.

I don't think IM should really be judged that harshly... who are we to say that she hasn't been threatened or fears for her own life? If she doesn't truly know much of anything and just uses suspicions, who's to say she's not afraid it could come back to haunt her? Also, as far as EC goes, it's very possible she could be buried under rocks and literally be impossible to locate.. without an act of God or someone confessing :(
Sometimes we get so used to analyzing everything that we overanalyze and think we see stuff that's not really there.

Sometimes we get so used to analyzing everything that we overanalyze and think we see stuff that's not really there.

Well, it will be the D.A. and prosecution that will determine the veracity of her statements and depth of involvement. You are right, we are mere armchair analysts. Her cross examination will be interesting.

Being frank, I would probably feel that my missing friend/acquaintance contributed to whatever befell her through her dishonorable actions. The unnecessary tragedy of it would make me angry and sad for everyone involved. And, after what we see on here, I would also probably be a little worried that my friend was involved in her disappearance. But, I certainly hope and believe that I value life enough to genuinely hope that a person I know is found - no matter what. And that I could find more to say about her than "she was gentle with her horse".

I agree with everything you said here. I sort of wondered if you were going to get tomatoes thrown at you for your frankness with that first sentence ... but I can't say I disagree with you there, so no tomato throwing from me. ;)

Why? (I've never head of the guy before.)

This is a quote from the Locate Erin FB page: "Locate Erin Bill Garcia is not involved in the Sheriff's department's search for Erin and his services have not been requested by Erin's family or investigators."

My son always reminds me, "Google is your friend." And so it is.

Here's a video about Bill Garcia's search this weekend. He's searching near Pioneertown (maybe 30-ish minutes west of 29 Palms & near the horse ranch), so he shouldn't be interfering with LE's search. Since these areas, like JTNP, are open to the public, anyone is able to go search. Pioneertown is at the base of an off-road trail leading to Big Bear and, depending on the time CL had available to him, I've always thought this trail would be a reasonable place to search. Bill Garcia states he's going to search a couple different places nearby, which also sound reasonable, but I hope someone gets to that trail at some point.

http://www.desertsun.com/videos/news/crime_courts/2014/08/15/14149439/

Also, someone mentioned Bill Garcia in relation to the Amber Dubois case. Here's a couple articles regarding that:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/am...led-chelsea-kings-suspected/story?id=10045235

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/dubois-parents-unhappy-with-private/

This is a quote from the Locate Erin FB page: "Locate Erin Bill Garcia is not involved in the Sheriff's department's search for Erin and his services have not been requested by Erin's family or investigators."

Interesting. I wonder where he came from then? For the publicity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en