GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Texas Equisearch, at least, requires LE to provide them with an area to search, rather than just come to town and blindly go at it. These groups have specialities, usually, in their methods and equipment. But I doubt they could simply be given an area as huge as the park where Erin claimed to be headed.

I have followed hundreds of cases and do not find the handling of Erin's especially extraordinary. Many LE agencies do not really know how to deal with missing persons, Imo, and remain far too secretive, worrying in advance about evidence rather than using resources, including the public, to find the person. Some LE agencies are stuck in the past, as far as police being "close-mouthed" and this one has the military involvement as well, making it more so. It is a shame that in many cases, LE eventually gives out more info, but months later, when memories have faded.

I think in Holly Bobo's case, more than a year, or two years, passed without LE addressing the public.

Jmo

Thank you for the perspective, Cluciano. This is the first case I've worked on.

I did find this post by Voice4theSilent (Thanks, Voice!) after wondering why Texas Equusearch hasn't been asked to be involved:

Voice4theSilent 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM

The admin of the Locate Erin FB page just stated (in response to someone's post on the page) that they have reached out to Texas Equusearch asking for help.

Was there ever any other information about this?

I did find this post by Voice4theSilent (Thanks, Voice!) after wondering why Texas Equusearch hasn't been asked to be involved:

Voice4theSilent 07-08-2014, 08:40 PM

The admin of the Locate Erin FB page just stated (in response to someone's post on the page) that they have reached out to Texas Equusearch asking for help.

Was there ever any other information about this?

I read somewhere a long time ago that Tim Miller's group won't get involved in a search without being invited in by local LE. FWIW.

<snipped>
“What I can tell you at this time is that on June 30th, Cpl. Corwin’s command informed him of his right to speak with the media and placed him in a duty status that would give him time off for the next 30 days,” Marine Lt. Col. Stewart Upton said via email. “Media outlets requested to interview Cpl. Corwin via the Public Affairs officer at Marine Corps Base Twenty-Nine Palms, and Cpl. Corwin declined those requests.""[/I]

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20140722/disappearance-of-marines-pregnant-wife-taking-new-twists-turns

Thank you Twisting, that is very helpful to know. I am constantly amazed at the information you guys dig up so quickly. But I can't really blame him. By the 30th, her car would have been found, he probably would have known about the affair and that LE were looking hard at CL. I wouldn't want to be interviewed about that situation either. Can you imagine the stupid questions reporters would have asked? "how did you feel when you found out your wife was having an affair?" would probably have been the top of the list. Newsies can ask such stupid questions sometimes.

Any way you cut it, there is something VERY disturbing about this statement.

........I hope someone checks the second property, southeast at deer/tanager/cherokee/flamingo.

Just curious what you find disturbing about it?

LOL On my last 8 hour trip, I kept telling my husband that's what I was doing, was looking to see how many mannequins were around on that long hot drive. He cracked up every time I told him I was still looking because there HAS to be some since everyone thinks they see one when a dead body is dumped.

I don't see what harm this Garica guy can do to the case if he's not interfering with the police/family search. I think it's worth a shot if he's willing.

I also don't hold much hope in the Lee's showing up back in CA for the hearing. I'm willing to bet CL is a no-show. He's probably buying property in a remote area of Alaska as we speak and planning to live off the grid if he hasn't already.

I bet your husband thinks you're as nutty as my husband thinks I am :). I have NEVER seen anything that even resembles a mannequin and I live in the desert. Lol

I think CL will show up for the hearing IF the case ends up being prosecuted simply due to his reserve status. He won't want to go against the USMC or his CO.

I know that Texas Equisearch, at least, requires LE to provide them with an area to search, rather than just come to town and blindly go at it. These groups have specialities, usually, in their methods and equipment. But I doubt they could simply be given an area as huge as the park where Erin claimed to be headed.

I have followed hundreds of cases and do not find the handling of Erin's especially extraordinary. Many LE agencies do not really know how to deal with missing persons, Imo, and remain far too secretive, worrying in advance about evidence rather than using resources, including the public, to find the person. Some LE agencies are stuck in the past, as far as police being "close-mouthed" and this one has the military involvement as well, making it more so. It is a shame that in many cases, LE eventually gives out more info, but months later, when memories have faded.

I think in Holly Bobo's case, more than a year, or two years, passed without LE addressing the public.

Jmo

Keep in mind this is the same law enforcement agency handling the McStay case, another one we've heard next to nothing about. I live in the county very close to where the McStay's were found and not far from JT and even locally we've heard nothing about either case.

I don't want to bad-mouth my sheriff's department but could it be a case of them being "control freaks?" As long as they handle the cases in a way that produces convictions then have at it - but you'd better put some people in prison!

Just curious what you find disturbing about it?

Yes, I'm curious too. Also, I am headed to Joshua Tree in a few hours to spend the rest of the weekend with my parents. Maybe I'll do some real sleuthing of my own while I'm there!

I bet your husband thinks you're as nutty as my husband thinks I am :). I have NEVER seen anything that even resembles a mannequin and I live in the desert. Lol

I think CL will show up for the hearing IF the case ends up being prosecuted simply due to his reserve status. He won't want to go against the USMC or his CO.

Hubby just laughs at me. He thinks I'm nutty anyway because I follow these cases and talk about them all the time and think I might be able to do something and/or make a difference. He just thinks the whole concept of people thinking dead bodies are mannequins to start with is funny, seeing as how no one we know has ever seen a real mannequin dumped in a ravine, in the desert, on the side of the road, etc. So he cracks up at my sense of humor when I tell him I'm looking for one and how disappointed I am that I never see one.

I forgot about the fact that CL is still in the reserves and can't go off the grid. Yeh, he'll have to show up for the court date if he wants to keep his honorable discharge intact.

Keep in mind this is the same law enforcement agency handling the McStay case, another one we've heard next to nothing about. I live in the county very close to where the McStay's were found and not far from JT and even locally we've heard nothing about either case.

I don't want to bad-mouth my sheriff's department but could it be a case of them being "control freaks?" As long as they handle the cases in a way that produces convictions then have at it - but you'd better put some people in prison!

Funny you should mention the McStay case with the SBCSO. I wrote this long old post about them being in charge of the McStay case and then realized I wasn't saying anything important so I deleted it.

When the McStay family bodies were found, SBCSO made one public statement about the case and that has been it. They are not telling us anything.

BBM Unfortunately I think the no-word on the McStay case is because they have no information to report.

Frustrating that there hasn't appeared to be much movement there or here. For me, the second hardest thing about following these cases (after the obvious pain I feel for the victims and their loved ones) is my want for quick resolution and immediate answers. And still I know that how I feel can't even begin to scratch the surface of how victim's loved ones must feel as, for many, days turn into weeks....turn into months...turn into years...turn into decades....

What I find odd is that his mother stated (at the below link, dated July 10, 2014) that JC was told not to speak to anyone. The new article contradicts that information.

Here is the quote: "He can't speak out, his command has asked him to be quiet."

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/10/mother-missing-pregnant-marine-wife-erin-corwin/

I'm not surprised. Anything with our armed forces ends up being convoluted. They may have told him not to say anything but then released a public statement that he was free to grant interviews and leave it up to him to refuse because he was ordered to. Otherwise they would be the ones refusing the requests instead of him, and that would have looked like a cover up. Am I making sense? I've been up all night and haven't been to bed yet, I'm delirious. :shame:

Can somebody please post the link for the scanner thread? I though I had it saved but it went poof. TIA

What if it's Jonathan or his family finally doing something? Isn't it strange that they would omit them from that statement?

I would think Jonathan and extended family is part of Erin's family also

What I find odd is that his mother stated (at the below link, dated July 10, 2014) that JC was told not to speak to anyone. The new article contradicts that information.

Here is the quote: "He can't speak out, his command has asked him to be quiet."

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/10/mother-missing-pregnant-marine-wife-erin-corwin/

Personally, I take her statements and actions with a grain of salt because I find them utterly confusing. (I'm definitely not sleuthing her and believe she has nothing to do with Erin's disappearance!) Maybe she's one of those people who doesn't focus in too much on details, or she isn't that close to JC or gets her info from someone other than LE, or perhaps she's even taking a medication that makes details a bit hazy.

From Locate Erin:
"....we are continuing to only ask for assistance in the investigation into Erin's disappearance from local law enforcement. They are working ceaselessly to find Erin and have brought in others they believe are best qualified to assist in the investigation and search. If you want to offer any services in the case or if you have any information regarding Erin's disappearance, please contact the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department directly at 909-884-0156. Otherwise, we ask that everyone continue to respect our wishes that the ongoing, active investigation that the Sheriff's Department is leading be left undisturbed by the public's interference. Thank you all for the support."

And in other news.......
Mr. Garcia has been asked to withdraw from the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en