GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

As I think about this more, I think the collecting tires was just another story that he told LE when he knew the hunting story wouldn't hold water. Why was he collecting tires when he was moving back to Alaska within the next few weeks? Why would you want to get add more to what you have to move? Unless there are just tires laying around all over the place around there, it doesn't really make sense.

He left such a trail for LE to follow, I don't know why he just didn't turn himself in.

He asked around about how to dispose of a human body.
He did internet searches on his computer of places to dispose of a human body.
He had spent .22 casings in his Jeep.
He left spent .22 casings in the mine shaft.
He had rebar in his Jeep.
He left rebar that was consistent with the rebar in his Jeep in the mine shaft.
He wasn't discrete about having an affair with Erin since neighbors knew about it.
He met with her outside of the base and left Jeep markings for LE to follow and trace back to him.
He left electronic imprints of his locations that day.
He didn't take into account that Erin was telling people about their affair and the baby.

He should have just tied a bow around his neck and appeared at the police station with a written confession in his hands. :shame:

There is probably a legal drfinition for viable...IMO you are correct. My beliefs are that a fetus is a person at conception but unless the law states that, my beliefs dont matter in court

Scott Peterson was convicted of the murder of his un-born son, Connor. However, Connor was a viable fetus. I don't know CA laws concerning a fetus that is not yet viable.

Dumbfounded. That's the only word that describes my reaction to what I've read.

He planned the death of a young woman, a woman whom he had intimately known. He asked someone what would be the best way to hide her body. He admitted to researching this subject on the internet. He planned to lure her to her death, and without any remorse whatsoever, he carried out his plan. He thought she would be in the mine forever as he drove away and left her there.

Then, he went home, and at some point, kissed his wife and his child.

It's scary to think CL was in the military. He must never have read about a crime or watched the news on crimes, Re: about computer checks by LE. Then the moe asks somebody about stashing a body. He has no common sense either. I would love to know the date he did the searches. Is the lying in wait the same as premeditated?

Can we assume correctly they have the murder weapon (that is, if he shot her)? The .22 was recovered at White Rock Horse Rescue, wasn't it?

"On 07/01/14.. Homicide Detectives Spoke to Lee and his wife Nicole. Nicole was asked about firearms owned by
Lee. Nicole told detectives the firearms were kept inside their home in a closet. Nicole described one of the
firearms as a .22 caliber rifle."

"After the search warrant, Nicole was interviewed again about the whereabouts of the .22 caliber rifle she said
was in her residence. During this interview she told detectives Lee took the rifle from his Jeep Cherokee and
took it to the "ranch". The ranch was determined to be located at 733 Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley.
Detectives were accompanied by Nicole to this location. Nicole spoke with. IM, (IM is the owner
of 733 Geronimo Trail and 788 Geronimo Trail) about being there to get a rifle. IM then consented for
detectives to enter and retrieve the rifle from a closet in the back of the residence."

Who did he ask how to dispose of a human body? Wow, he was dumb. But even still, these military guys are trained to kill. I think many of them are desensitized. Just like I feel that many people who play violent video games are desensitized. Just look at Littleton shooting, Sandy Hook, movie theater in Aurora, and most recent shooting in Santa Barbara.... all of the shooters were huge gamers. Not to mention, the attitude of people addicted to gaming. As a teacher, I could tell who played video games as opposed to who did not. They got bored easily, had bad attitudes about working, etc. I am certain gaming messes up SOME people's heads.

Can we assume correctly they have the murder weapon (that is, if he shot her)? The .22 was recovered at White Rock Horse Rescue, wasn't it?

"On 07/01/14.. Homicide Detectives Spoke to Lee and his wife Nicole. Nicole was asked about firearms owned by
Lee. Nicole told detectives the firearms were kept inside their home in a closet. Nicole described one of the
firearms as a .22 caliber rifle."

"After the search warrant, Nicole was interviewed again about the whereabouts of the .22 caliber rifle she said
was in her residence. During this interview she told detectives Lee took the rifle from his Jeep Cherokee and
took it to the "ranch". The ranch was determined to be located at 733 Geronimo Trail in Yucca Valley.
Detectives were accompanied by Nicole to this location. Nicole spoke with. IM, (IM is the owner
of 733 Geronimo Trail and 788 Geronimo Trail) about being there to get a rifle. IM then consented for
detectives to enter and retrieve the rifle from a closet in the back of the residence."

Correct. But I don't remember them reporting they found .22 ammunition. The probable cause said they found ten .40 spent shell casing the in CL's jeep but no mention of .22 casing.

IM also said in an interview after the probable cause was released that they didn't take a gun/rifle from her ranch.

Alaska filed a fugitive from justice charge against Christopher Lee. He is being held on a $2 million bond.

Is this true?

One thing I keep getting hung up on... how far in advance did CL know he was moving to Alaska. Did Erin know? Was this rendez vous a good bye? Did he not know about the baby and make a quick decision to rid of her?

I am waiting... just waiting for his wife to claim battered woman syndrome... anyone else?

Who did he ask how to dispose of a human body? Wow, he was dumb. But even still, these military guys are trained to kill. I think many of them are desensitized. Just like I feel that many people who play violent video games are desensitized. Just look at Littleton shooting, Sandy Hook, movie theater in Aurora, and most recent shooting in Santa Barbara.... all of the shooters were huge gamers. Not to mention, the attitude of people addicted to gaming. As a teacher, I could tell who played video games as opposed to who did not. They got bored easily, had bad attitudes about working, etc. I am certain gaming messes up SOME people's heads.

I think that these shooters had mental health issues that caused what happened and not the video games. I think there is more to it than just playing video games. I have many friends who play who aren't running out and killing people. JMO

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add a few thoughts to all your caring and insightful posts and also publicly grieve the loss of Erin. Gone too young because her "lover" would rather murder than man up. Each time I visualize where Erin was found makes me shudder. This guy is beyond the definition of cruel. I hope her family gets sweet justice. I got the creeps when I read he lured her by saying that they were going hunting. How twisted. He already knew that he was the only one gonna be hunting--hunting Erin.

which then makes me wonder how far along in her pregnancy Erin was. No fetus is viable at two months. No way Pancho.

There is probably a legal drfinition for viable...IMO you are correct. My beliefs are that a fetus is a person at conception but unless the law states that, my beliefs dont matter in court

In the state of Californiua, that is exactly the case.

5. Viability: Viability is defined under California law as “the point in a pregnancy when, in the good faith medical judgment of a physician, on the particular facts of the case before that physician, there is a reasonable likelihood of the fetus’ sustained survival outside the uterus without the application of extraordinary medical measures.”[5]

Source: http://californiaabortionlaw.com/wp/?page_id=64

Scott Peterson was convicted of the murder of his un-born son, Connor. However, Connor was a viable fetus. I don't know CA laws concerning a fetus that is not yet viable.

These quotes may be out of order - my apologies. However, I found the following:

California: California Penal Code § 187(a) says, “Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.” The words “or a fetus” were added by the legislature in 1970. The California Supreme Court later interpreted “fetus” to apply “beyond the embryonic stage of seven to eight weeks.” (People v. Davis, 1994) In addition, Penal Code § 190.2(3) makes a defendant eligible for capital punishment if convicted of more than one murder, and the California Supreme Court ruled that fetal homicide is included under this provision as well (People v. Dennis, 1998).

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

IMO, there may be different laws concerning abortions and homicide of a fetus via killing the mother. I'm not saying that I agree with different laws but there might be differences. Based on the info at the link above, I think Erin may have been beyond the embryonic stage of 7-8 weeks gestation and then CL could be charged with fetal homicide.

Did the worthless *&(#^$%#*&^! beat Erin with the rebar AND shoot her??!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! And what's with the tire in the mine with her? I hope that this miserable (&^#^%&#*^%! Christopher Lee gets what he has coming to him, PLUS some. Sorry for my rant.

Prayers for Erin, her family and friends. So, so sad. RIP Erin.

Think like a moron. He probably threw tires down there to make it look like a pile of garbage. No body, no case in their eyes, so what better way to ensure that than make it look like a tire dump site. *eye roll

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/prosecutor-former-marine-murdered-comrades-wife/27620982

creepy "The day she disappeared, he was collecting tires," Ramos said. "And that ties to his research of how to dispose of a human being, because with tires they can burn for hours and hours."

Ramos would not say if Corwin's body was burned.

So the article is inferring this MONSTER tied tires to her body and lit them on fire. I'm sure the details will emerge.
I am having a VERY hard time believing Mrs. L wasn't involved in this.....OPINION ONLY

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...der-charge-erin-corwin/14294995/?sf30024550=1

Lee, 24, made his first appearance in court in connection with the case Tuesday in Alaska.

The state of Alaska filed a fugitive from justice charge against Lee and he is being held on $2 million bail at the Anchorage Correctional Complex.

During the hearing at the complex, Lee said he would like to speak to his lawyer before making a decision on whether he will waive or fight extradition to San Bernardino County. Family members at the hearing declined to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member