Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does for me as well. As soon as I start scrolling past the montage of pictures right under the headline, there is a link about subscribing, which is quickly overwritten (too quickly to even read the entire link) by a large, uncloseable popup window that says "To read this exclusive story, join Business Insider Prime". There is no way to read the text of the article.

Could you please summarize it briefly for those of us who can't access it? TIA.

From what I understand there is no copy paste allowed for this link as the whole thing is behind a paywall. Just sharing.

I'm sure a summary is fine, well maybe.

It does for me as well. As soon as I start scrolling past the montage of pictures right under the headline, there is a link about subscribing, which is quickly overwritten (too quickly to even read the entire link) by a large, uncloseable popup window that says "To read this exclusive story, join Business Insider Prime". There is no way to read the text of the article.

Could you please summarize it briefly for those of us who can't access it? TIA.

Yep, same here- summary would be great!

That business insider article is old- from Dec 10th- so there is nothing new. It was already linked back in December through a different site, although that link has expired.

Anyhoo, below is a post commenting on it, so people may find it helpful to go back to posts around this one to see any discussion about it at the time.

(ETA: I’m not implying anything by bringing forward the below comment- I merely pulled it because it was the quickest “highlight” of any new info in the article at the time!)

Thanks for posting this article. I found it very interesting, and concerning as well. Let me quote the two concerning paragraphs:

"Valenti is believed to have been last seen by a former manager of hers at Summit Partners, Dean Jacobson, on Monday afternoon. He recalls Valenti as “vibrant” and “uniquely talented” in an email, though he did not want to be interviewed for this story."
Emphasis is mine.

And this:

A police investigation is ongoing, though a spokesman for the San Jose police would not say more for this story, including whether the police had ruled out foul play.

So Jacobson is the last person to see Erin alive, and Jacobson did not want to be interviewed for the news story. In my opinion, it sounds suspicious. What happened in that last meeting? Also note, the police have not ruled out foul play.

That business insider article is old- from Dec 10th- so there is nothing new. It was already linked back in December through a different site, although that link has expired.

Anyhoo, below is a post commenting on it, so people may find it helpful to go back to posts around this one to see any discussion about it at the time.

(ETA: I’m not implying anything by bringing forward the below comment- I merely pulled it because it was the quickest “highlight” of any new info in the article at the time!)

That is correct and it is I who posted it.
However as time has gone by many new people have joined the thread.
In relation to the Business Insider link, stating exact same information. It is not behind paywall for me. I am in Europe.
I cannot even begin to imagine why anybody has found it to be paywalled.
I suggest you google search Erin Valenti's autopsy.
Also, I have no way to know which geographic areas are paywalled and which are free. So leaving snarky messages like 'Thanks a lot' when the information had already been viewed and shared are not helpful.

Erin Valenti is not ours.

There has been ZERO supportive evidence suggesting she suicided, OD'd or otherwise contributed to her own untimely death.
There is ZERO information in her life history, career or academic histories, relationship , familial or friendly relationships suggesting she was even remotely in that category of people likely to abuse drugs or self harm.
We all speculate but I reckon if I was a friend or family member reading many of these posts I would be hurt irreparably.

There is nothing to suggest they were duplicitous or ashamed or hiding any information from the public.
We know the autopsy will take many months.
There are many articles posted about her family and friends and there have been from the outset. They are open people, lovely people and grieving people.

That is correct and it is I who posted it.
However as time has gone by many new people have joined the thread.
In relation to the Business Insider link, stating exact same information. It is not behind paywall for me. I am in Europe.
I cannot even begin to imagine why anybody has found it to be paywalled.
I suggest you google search Erin Valenti's autopsy.
Also, I have no way to know which geographic areas are paywalled and which are free. So leaving snarky messages like 'Thanks a lot' when the information had already been viewed and shared are not helpful.

Erin Valenti is not ours.

There has been ZERO supportive evidence suggesting she suicided, OD'd or otherwise contributed to her own untimely death.
There is ZERO information in her life history, career or academic histories, relationship , familial or friendly relationships suggesting she was even remotely in that category of people likely to abuse drugs or self harm.
We all speculate but I reckon if I was a friend or family member reading many of these posts I would be hurt irreparably.

There is nothing to suggest they were duplicitous or ashamed or hiding any information from the public.
We know the autopsy will take many months.
There are many articles posted about her family and friends and there have been from the outset. They are open people, lovely people and grieving people.

True, always good to refresh info for the new folks- thanks for trying to bring it forward. The paywall thing must be a geographical issue. I agree that snark is not necessary.

As for speculation on EV’s COD, I think it’s only natural that we would all try to come up with possible scenarios. Afterall, she was a missing person, and later found dead under suspicious circumstances. So that’s kind of by definition what WS’ers discuss. And I personally have found this thread to be respectful to her with posters remaining sensitive in their posts.

So given all that, I think it’s reasonable to mull over what could have caused this bright and energetic young woman’s mysterious death. There are certainly a variety of possibilities that are reasonable at this point since her COD has still not been released. To say there is zero evidence of the suggested theories is a bit like trying to prove a negative (there is no evidence to say that she could NOT have died from an accidental overdose for example).

In any case, no matter how she ended up dying, I’m quite sure she would not be looked down upon in any way by the folks here. Nor would it be a commentary on the kindness of her loving friends and family. Her COD will not/does not diminish her valuable life.

MOO.

[QUOTE="So leaving snarky messages like 'Thanks a lot' when the information had already been viewed and shared are not helpful.
.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, kittythehare.

I tried to remove the "Thanks a lot" comment soon after I wrote it, but the forum did not allow me to edit my post.

[QUOTE="So leaving snarky messages like 'Thanks a lot' when the information had already been viewed and shared are not helpful.

I apologize, kittythehare.

I tried to remove the "Thanks a lot" comment soon after I wrote it, but the forum did not allow me to edit my post.[/QUOTE]
No prob. Thank you.

Some news.

The autopsy, which Business Insider has reviewed, ruled her manner of death natural and said the cause was "sudden death in the setting of an acute manic episode," though it did not explain what killed the 33-year-old tech founder.

An investigation by San Jose police found no evidence of foul play, authorities said. Blood tests were negative for common prescription drugs and other substances.

"Sudden death has a medical definition," said Sally Aiken, a medical examiner and vice president of the National Association of Medical Examiners. She described it as an unexpected death that happens within an hour of onset and has a natural cause.

Valenti had a previous diagnosis for a thyroid condition that was treated with medication. The autopsy report noted that her condition could have contributed to her death, however, blood samples were not satisfactory for an analysis.

The autopsy report did, however, give new details around her mental state.

A police review of Valenti's electronic communications in the days before her scheduled return confirmed the family's account that she had showed symptoms of a "manic episode," according to the San Jose medical examiner's office.

Authorities also said a review of her medical records "suggest that the etiology of her final manic episode was related to an emerging, previously undiagnosed psychiatric disorder." The family told Business Insider last year that she had no diagnosis of a mental-health disorder.

A 33-year-old tech founder went to Silicon Valley on business and was found dead in her car a week later. Her cause of death was just identified as 'natural causes' following 'an acute manic episode.'

Rest in Peace sweet lady. I'm glad our paths x'd even though we are in different dimensions.
May her loving family now receive Divine catharsis.

From the above linked article:

There is mounting evidence that suggests people with bipolar disorder have higher rates of death from natural causes, like heart disease or a stroke, at an earlier age. A review of studies involving more than 331,000 patients found that "having bipolar disorder is similar to being a smoker in terms of increasing a person's risk of early death," wrote the paper's author, Dr. Wayne Katon, of University of Washington, in a 2009 press release.

There's a number of variables that could be responsible for the higher rates of mortality. People with a diagnosis may be less likely to get medical care or take care of their health, according to the published report. The disorder is also frequently undiagnosed, which leaves many more suffering in silence. A large population study from Stanford University in 2013 found that people with bipolar disorder who knew they had a physical illness, such as heart disease, had death rates similar to people who were not bipolar. The research suggests a diagnosis is part of the antidote to premature death.

What a loss to all of those in her personal and professional circles. It sounds like she was an overall amazing person who contributed so much and really gave her all in regards to family, friends, and business pursuits. It sounds so cliche to say but Erin's spark was extinguished way too soon.

I'm really struggling to make sense of it all and hoping for some clarification from additional sources as I'm not finding anything reported by local media (i.e., SLC UT). Sharing a link to Erin's memorialized FB page -- perhaps it will be updated with official news by the family and/or admin.

In Memory of Erin Valenti

Relevant clip from an earlier news report-- Oct 2019:

San Jose police were treating Valenti’s disappearance as “a voluntary missing person,” according to The Tribune. This sparked anger among some people who knew Valenti.

The Help Find Erin Valenti Facebook page had written, “I would like to emphasize how out of character this would be for Erin. While she is adventurous, she is not foolhardy and would never intentionally be out of contact with her family. As a psychologist [husband], I am especially concerned about her last calls which were confusing and disjointed.”

The page stated that it was “completely possible to have a sudden onset of symptoms like this for a variety of mental health and physical reasons (even if there have not been previous symptoms). Erin should be considered a vulnerable person at severe risk and the police should be involved, although they have continued to treat her as a voluntary missing person. If anyone has any influence with the San Jose of California police, I urge you to make this point.”

The page continued, “Harrison (Erin’s husband) is also a psychologist and Erin’s mother is a nurse. It is difficult for me to understand why the police are not giving greater credence to people who have experience with people in psychiatric and medical crises and who absolutely believe that Erin’s last calls indicate that she was at peril.”

^^bbm

Erin Valenti: A Tribute to the Utah Entrepreneur | Heavy.com

Some news.

The autopsy, which Business Insider has reviewed, ruled her manner of death natural and said the cause was "sudden death in the setting of an acute manic episode," though it did not explain what killed the 33-year-old tech founder.

An investigation by San Jose police found no evidence of foul play, authorities said. Blood tests were negative for common prescription drugs and other substances.

"Sudden death has a medical definition," said Sally Aiken, a medical examiner and vice president of the National Association of Medical Examiners. She described it as an unexpected death that happens within an hour of onset and has a natural cause.

Valenti had a previous diagnosis for a thyroid condition that was treated with medication. The autopsy report noted that her condition could have contributed to her death, however, blood samples were not satisfactory for an analysis.

The autopsy report did, however, give new details around her mental state.

A police review of Valenti's electronic communications in the days before her scheduled return confirmed the family's account that she had showed symptoms of a "manic episode," according to the San Jose medical examiner's office.

Authorities also said a review of her medical records "suggest that the etiology of her final manic episode was related to an emerging, previously undiagnosed psychiatric disorder." The family told Business Insider last year that she had no diagnosis of a mental-health disorder.

A 33-year-old tech founder went to Silicon Valley on business and was found dead in her car a week later. Her cause of death was just identified as 'natural causes' following 'an acute manic episode.'

Rest in Peace sweet lady. I'm glad our paths x'd even though we are in different dimensions.
May her loving family now receive Divine catharsis.
Thanks for the update. It’s too bad they weren’t able to find out her thyroid levels, because with her history of that I wonder if she had a thyroid storm (crisis). It can come on pretty quickly, cause mania like symptoms and be fatal.

Rest In Peace, Erin.

Thanks for the update. It’s too bad they weren’t able to find out her thyroid levels, because with her history of that I wonder if she had a thyroid storm (crisis). It can come on pretty quickly, cause mania like symptoms and be fatal.

Rest In Peace, Erin.
I have a feeling that none of us even discussed it as a possibility in all the threads!
I would never have considered it.
I will from now on though.

Rest In Peace, Erin.

Agreed happyday.....that was my first thought when I read that she’d had thyroid problems....

(perhaps because I have experienced both thyroid & mental health problems, it stood out for me)

I presume there is now no way of knowing & I suppose it doesn’t make a great deal of difference now that poor Erin is deceased.

What a tragedy.
My condolences to Erin’s family, friends & colleagues.

I’m so glad there was an update re: COD. I had never heard of thyroid issues having a potential to cause something so tragic. Very eye-opening. No substances found in her system. My theory of a lethal combination of something was definitely wrong.

I do tend to agree not much could have been done to prevent this outcome, however- I can’t help but wonder if the San Jose police knew she had a potentially dangerous medical condition why they didn’t search harder that night. They did make contact with her and searched around a bit, but in the end they still said they saw it as a voluntary missing adult case.

Article said she had been taking medication for the thyroid condition. Frustrating more stock from LE wasn’t put into that, but perhaps since they did search and couldn’t find her then it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Maybe this is why her family was so upset that her disappearance wasn’t taken more seriously.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w
Back