GUILTY CA - Faith Tsarnas & Kiya Kitchen, Both 14, Die In Hit & Run, Fortuna, 12 July 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess running your child down with a vehicle would be DV, but possibly something happened before this incident that he witnessed? Would driving impaired causing injury to your own child be considered DV? It will definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.

The filing and the timing of the request for a DV order is interesting, IMO. Perhaps the most interesting thing will be MK's response.

She will have the opportunity to answer any allegations laid out in the request.

Or to no-show at a hearing, leaving "her side" of whatever is alleged in the request unconsidered.

She may also elect to invoke the Fifth Amendment regarding any allegations in the request for the order.

It is possible that JK may have filed the request on the behalf of a minor child for the protection of that minor child.

What is alleged in the request may have something to do with, or include, the July 13 event, or it may not.

Ball is in the court of MK and her attorney(s). We'll see how they play it.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=fam&group=06001-07000&file=6200-6219

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-domesticviolence.htm

Thank you Everyday Grace for this.

A few years ago, a car hit us, and left the scene. We had a tag number a I talked to the driver for a few seconds before she left. The cops have never been able to arrest let alone prosecute the person responsible. Basically, the car is usually driven by more than one person, and their attorney told them not to answer questions from police, because that is within their rights. So, even with me seeing and speaking to the person, the owner of the vehicle won't talk to police to tell them who is allowed or who had been driving their car. Granted, it wasn't a homicide case, but I can se why this is complex and an arrest isn't that easy to get.

Repeating myself but it seems to me as if the DV thing he is filing is a TRO. It would get him temp custody of his other kid. Of course they would then carry out the case in family court and the TROcwikk either be dismissed unfounded or made permanent, but many use it as a pre emptive strike to prejudice the court against the other parent.

Attorneys Okin and Grieco claim to be representing the suspect (MK) but are employing a lot of "legalese and half-truths" in their defense of MK thus far. Mr. Okin, in particular, peppers his statement with a hefty amount of "as far as I know"--which in effect translates to "I don't know but will say it until it's proven otherwise." After hearing the initial 911 call that went in to FOPD around 9:11 PM PDT on 7/12/16, it's my belief that the caller was/is familiar with the Jeep as well as who was driving it at the time of the tragedy. I strongly believe his initial information to the first responders that night gave the first responders a very good idea vehicle description, accident details, and info on the driver. There were "hints" that he had more to say in the 911 call itself, but his main objective was to get help for FT (although he seemed unsure if she was still alive upon making his 911 call.) My opinion is that he later offered more info to first responders after he reported on the most important priority--potentially saving the girl's life.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/07/21/911-c...dead-last-week-warning-this-is-graphic-audio/

Kitchen and Pearlston are in Humboldt. CHP is being "methodical." That's as it should be.

However, CHP Sgt. Michael Campbell said this morning that investigators are not actively seeking to arrest Kitchen and Pearlston until further investigations are completed. Campbell further stated that Kitchen and Pearlston are willing to voluntarily turn themselves in when the investigations are completed.

http://www.times-standard.com/gener...fortuna-hit-and-run-parties-of-interest-known

I wonder how hard it will be to complete the investigation without talking to them. But of course, Kitchen and Pearlston know they don't have to talk.

Here's a recent "update" from John Chiv--and you are exactly right, Lillibet. I have lived in Humbboldt County since 1985 (in Eureka) and we have never had any kind of real MSM during the time I have lived here. John Chiv seems to be generally just as accurate (often more so) as our so-called "organized" media outlets. Kym Kemp is also an excellent and credible news source.

Anyway: John Chiv's recent article from 7/24 explains a bit about the attitude of "one family member close to the Kitchen family." Odd wording--makes me question if the individual is an actual family member of the Kitchen's or simply someone close to them?

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/07/kitchen-family-and-friends-urge.html

Also included in above blog article: photos of Marci ("Marz") Kitchen's boyfriend, Joshua Wren Pearlston.

ETA: Humboldt, not "Humbboldt" :tantrum:

Here's a recent "update" from John Chiv--and you are exactly right, Lillibet. I have lived in Humbboldt County since 1985 (in Eureka) and we have never had any kind of real MSM during the time I have lived here. John Chiv seems to be generally just as accurate (often more so) as our so-called "organized" media outlets. Kym Kemp is also an excellent and credible news source.

Anyway: John Chiv's recent article from 7/24 explains a bit about the attitude of "one family member close to the Kitchen family." Odd wording--makes me question if the individual is an actual family member of the Kitchen's or simply someone close to them?

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com/2016/07/kitchen-family-and-friends-urge.html

Also included in above blog article: photos of Marci ("Marz") Kitchen's boyfriend, Joshua Wren Pearlston.

ETA: Humboldt, not "Humbboldt" :tantrum:

Thanks for posting this. Strange wording it is. Maybe it's a family member of John Chiv or an in-law of the Kitchens who is close to the family. :dunno:

OT: You arrived a year after we left. :) My dh remembers Kym as a little redheaded girl. Her Mom was the school secretary where he taught. I consider Kym very credible and responsible. The Times Standard and local TV are pretty basic, so others have filled in the gap in a uniquely Humboldt way. These online journalists have been immeasurably helpful on numerous Humboldt WS threads.

So horrific...no explanation can ever be satisfactory for some things in life...

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Ne...tuna-hit-and-run-showed-signs-of-intoxication

so horrific: Kiya's brother told police he was "home with a friend on the night of July 12 when the girls said they were going longboarding. “Sometime later, ‘Josh,’ (Marci’s boyfriend) came in and told them there had been an accident on the quarter mile with some kids,” an affidavit by CHP Special Agent Paul Craft states. “(The brother and his friend) drove out to the scene and saw that it was Kiya and Faith. Josh and Marci showed up shortly after that in Josh’s black Chevy.”"

Her brother also said his mother's jeep wasn't at home when he left to go to the accident scene but it was there when he returned. I don't know how old he is but I feel terrible for him

so horrific: Kiya's brother told police he was "home with a friend on the night of July 12 when the girls said they were going longboarding. “Sometime later, ‘Josh,’ (Marci’s boyfriend) came in and told them there had been an accident on the quarter mile with some kids,” an affidavit by CHP Special Agent Paul Craft states. “(The brother and his friend) drove out to the scene and saw that it was Kiya and Faith. Josh and Marci showed up shortly after that in Josh’s black Chevy.”"

Her brother also said his mother's jeep wasn't at home when he left to go to the accident scene but it was there when he returned. I don't know how old he is but I feel terrible for him

I don't even have words...

Ok...I actually do.
Swine. Coward. Unforgivable.

That has me wondering who actually made the 911 call...

Idk whats going on with this case. What is she gonna say, her car was stolen... then she discovered it, and brought it back to the
house?

Well, this certainly speaks to her character. Who tries to pull their child into blocking an investigation?!!

Described as one of two “parties of interest” by the CHP, the investigation also indicated Marcia “Marci” Kitchen “concealed the Jeep behind her residence immediately after the collision and has since made attempts to dissuade her son from providing a statement to law enforcement,” according to the document.
BBM

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/NewsBlog/archives/2016/07/26/court-doc-mom-is-suspect-in-fortuna-hit-and-run-showed-signs-of-intoxication

No wonder his dad is trying to protect him. Poor kid.

http://johnchiv.blogspot.com

Well, this certainly speaks to her character. Who tries to pull their child into blocking an investigation?!!
Described as one of two “parties of interest” by the CHP, the investigation also indicated Marcia “Marci” Kitchen “concealed the Jeep behind her residence immediately after the collision and has since made attempts to dissuade her son from providing a statement to law enforcement,” according to the document.
BBM

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/NewsBlog/archives/2016/07/26/court-doc-mom-is-suspect-in-fortuna-hit-and-run-showed-signs-of-intoxication

An investigation into the death of his sister no less!

That has me wondering who actually made the 911 call...

Are you thinking Josh made the call? That occurred to me, but the caller did mention the gray jeep parked and then pulling out. Josh could have avoided saying that. It does sound like he was driving separately from Marci, since he came home and told the boys about the accident. I can't imagine him wanting Kiya's brother to go anywhere near that accident scene and see Kiya and Faith so broken. Maybe he didn't know who it was until Marci contacted him and he helped hide the jeep. Maybe the boys figured it out and just had to go there. Horrible all around and getting worse.

BBM

This lady sounds like a psychopath. After mowing down her own daughter and another child, she instantly starts self preservation mode, and, wants her son to lie for her! I hope she gets a lot of prison time. This doesn't even seem real.

So she did not go directly home after the accident? Sounds like she waited for the boys to go check out the accident and the coast was clear to bring the jeep home.

A recent SM comment on this article: 'Chilling,she [MK] must be inconsolable. The emotion and guilt of a mother taking the life of her own child would be unbearable.'

My response: "May sound harsh but so be it. I hope she is feeling 'inconsolable' at the very least based on LEO reports of her actions that night and after. For her not to have certain feelings after such a tragedy would make this even more unfathomable. She took two lives while driving under the influence one of whom was her own daughter. Dissuading her son from talking to authorities, too? That was HIS sister and her friend he found at the scene, and it could have been him. This does not speak to me of a whole lot of maternal instincts at work nor even a conscience. Sadly: it's far more telling of who she puts first in her life--even after the alcohol has worn off."
<3 Rest in Eternal Peace Faith and Kiya <3

so horrific: Kiya's brother told police he was "home with a friend on the night of July 12 when the girls said they were going longboarding. &#8220;Sometime later, &#8216;Josh,&#8217; (Marci&#8217;s boyfriend) came in and told them there had been an accident on the quarter mile with some kids,&#8221; an affidavit by CHP Special Agent Paul Craft states. &#8220;(The brother and his friend) drove out to the scene and saw that it was Kiya and Faith. Josh and Marci showed up shortly after that in Josh&#8217;s black Chevy.&#8221;"

She had two children. Kiya was 14 and Jevin is 17--will be 18 in December '16.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back