Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ John Root Fitzpatrick, 55, (fnd dec.), 30 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The few times I’ve been out to that location, was to ride dirt bikes or quads. There’s nothing but desert and dunes. The summer months (July-August) are unbearably hot. He might have driven to that area to hide “evidence” , but drove himself into a tight spot. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

I’m afraid none of this will ever make sense.

dbm to just include link

The Warrant was requested on the grounds of a person (Fang Jin) having Gone Missing Under Suspicious Circumstances

...there being probable cause to believe that the property or person described in warrant may be found at the location set forth....

Issued on August 1st

Signed by Det Bengard

With the Homicide Attachment!!

So Fang's family/friends reported her missing just a week before and it was deemed Voluntarily Missing.

Why was this not changed ??

They were Suspicious (probably highly so, as many of us were)

There's close to the chest (you say vest we say chest) and there's outright deception. Not On!

– oh do I have to stress MOO ???

"They were supposed to go camping, but the amount of time was not disclosed. There are both still listed as voluntary missing. The investigation is ongoing at this time," SBCSD PIO Mara Rodriguez told News Channel 3 on Aug. 10.

Details on the case have been very limited since Jin's disappearance was first announced. On Aug. 10, Rodriguez told News Channel 3 it was not a criminal investigation at the time and there were no suspects.

dbm to just include link

The Warrant was requested on the grounds of a person (Fang Jin) having Gone Missing Under Suspicious Circumstances

...there being probable cause to believe that the property or person described in warrant may be found at the location set forth....

Issued on August 1st

Signed by Det Bengard

With the Homicide Attachment!!

So Fang's family/friends reported her missing just a week before and it was deemed Voluntarily Missing.

Why was this not changed ??

They were Suspicious (probably highly so, as many of us were)

There's close to the chest (you say vest we say chest) and there's outright deception. Not On!

– oh do I have to stress MOO ???
can somebody send me accessible link ?

The search warrant documents state that Fang Jin sent a picture to her family/friends of JRT's driver's license and JRT with his truck. Did she do this because she felt uneasy about something and wanted them to have this information in case something happened to her?
this information was in her possession before she left to USA... we have copy of 3 id cards of John

what is a #00124 (in the search warrant list) (documents relating to JRF status?)?
why did JRF have 3 phones at home?
was Jin Fang's cash with her things in the mobile home?
did they find any blood/dna residues?
was the ring camera from the mobile home and was it functioning?

this is all still odd and if Jin Fang was frightened, not sure why she did not
text the friends/family or tell them- was JRF fluent in Chinese? I have asked myself if she wanted to leave, could she? would have been dependent on JRF driving her to a town or could she have gotten an Uber or Lyft even in Morango?

On August 1, investigators served a search warrant on Fitzpatrick's mobile home looking for evidence. CBS 8 obtained a copy of the search warrant, affidavit, and inventory from the Joshua Tree District courthouse in San Bernardino County.

The warrant said officers seized suitcases belonging to Jin, a straw hat, and Jin’s white purse with her belongings inside. Officers also smelled something disturbing inside the mobile home, the odor of decomposition.

On August 3, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s investigators served a second search warrant at Fitzpatrick’s mobile home, seizing three iPhone cell phones, according to an inventory list left at the home. That second search warrant remains sealed at the Joshua Tree courthouse.
can somebody give me a copy of this report or at least access ? Now it seems from Europe I do not have the rights to open...

what is a #00124 (in the search warrant list) (documents relating to JRF status?)?
RSBM

Likely says DD214, which is basically a veteran's discharge papers. Per the National Archives website:

Information shown on the Report of Separation may include the service member's:
  • Date and place of entry into active duty
  • Home address at time of entry
  • Date and place of release from active duty
  • Home address after separation
  • Last duty assignment and rank
  • Military job specialty
  • Military education
  • Decorations, medals, badges, citations and campaign awards received
  • Total creditable service
  • Foreign service credited
  • Separation information (date and type of separation, character of service, authority and reason for separation and separation and reenlistment eligibility codes)

Access Denied​

You don't have permission to access "http://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/fitzpatrick_search_warrant.pdf" on this server.
Reference #18.6cb22917.1697631996.33b17f03
CBS 8 also obtained photographs of the remains depicting a skull and jawbone separated from other remains nearby.

San Diego Sheriff’s media relations Lieutenant David LaDieu emailed CBS 8 the following statement:
“On Sunday, September 17, 2023, the San Diego Sheriff's Department (SDSD) Homicide Unit was notified by the Rural Command of found human remains in the Harper Flats region of Borrego Springs. Campers in the area located the remains and notified law enforcement. The SDSD Homicide Unit responded to the found remains to document the scene and process it for evidence. At this time, the identity of the human remains has not been confirmed by the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office. Previously, a blue Toyota Tacoma truck was located in the Harper Flat’s area several miles from where the human remains were located. Members of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department with the assistance of California State Parks and the San Diego Sheriff's Department located and searched the vehicle as part of their missing persons investigations. The vehicle was registered to John Root Fitzpatrick who was reported as a missing person to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department in July of 2023. Fang "Yama" Jin, a Chinese female visiting the United States was believed to have been with John Root Fitzpatrick and was also reported missing in July of 2023 to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. The Sheriff’s Department has conducted several search and rescue operations in the Harper Flats area since the location of the vehicle and has plans for additional searches. At this time, the missing persons cases for John Root Fitzpatrick and Fang "Yama" Jin, are open investigations with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department. The located unidentified human remains case is an open investigation with the San Diego Sheriff's Department. Both departments are working together under the likelihood that the cases are related to ensure the cases are investigated fully with all the applicable resources.”

The man who said he found the bones told CBS 8 the remains were located in Harper Canyon several miles away from Harper Flats. He also said an officer who responded to the scene told him Fitzpatrick's truck had been found previously, "pretty wrecked." The man did not know the exact date the truck had been found.

Last edited:
where are those pictures ???

In the video posted by @Trublue21 that is also found in the news article by CBS8 (the news channel). At around the 1:11 mark. There are two pictures, both look like they were taken surreptitiously. It says they were given to CBS8 "by a friend of Fitzpatrick," so I'm assuming Daryl Hoss took them when he visited them on July 17. Very creepy. Why would he do that?

f94322dd-b336-436d-b4ef-a7230c2b6de1_1140x641.jpg

Location of human remains found in Anza-Borrego on Sept 17

In the video posted by @Trublue21 that is also found in the news article by CBS8 (the news channel). At around the 1:11 mark. There are two pictures, both look like they were taken surreptitiously. It says they were given to CBS8 "by a friend of Fitzpatrick," so I'm assuming Daryl Hoss took them when he visited them on July 17. Very creepy. Why would he do that?
From Belgium, at least, acces is denied to the hereabove : video, article and CBS8 (news channel).
Could you please find a way so that @mark1969 can acces to this documents. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla