CA - Foster parents arrested in connection with murder of Hasanni Campbell - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about public opinion. ...you know big bad LE and the courts picking on a poor pregnant lady.

Maybe I am just getting jaded at the accused having all the breaks the victims never get.

I think legally it is a good move to not charge her yet.
I do believe she is involved and knew this child was being abused.
But from a trial standpoint they are already being very aggressive in pursuing charges with no body, no crime scene, and no witnesses.

Charging her too soon can completely destroy the case before it gets to court. They were probably trying to pressure her into talking. Just getting them separated may go a long way towards that cause. She may not talk until she is truly convinced he is not getting out in two days. They may also threaten her with taking her child when it is born which could get her talking as well.

Also the easiest to harm...physically weaker. What happened to 'pick on someone your own size'?

Yes! I remember when I was a kid, we got in much deeper doo for picking on smaller kids than in fighting with kids our size or bigger. I think that natural instinct should be a bit stronger in the legal world - way too many people are getting off with less prison time than their innocent victims lived on earth!

It's time we equalize child victims and adult victims - or even make the sentences harsher for kids - just like my mum used to do when I picked on smaller kids than me (meanwhile, torturing my older brother was pretty much a misdemeanor).

But from a trial standpoint they are already being very aggressive in pursuing charges with no body, no crime scene, and no witnesses.

Charging her too soon can completely destroy the case before it gets to court. They were probably trying to pressure her into talking. Just getting them separated may go a long way towards that cause. She may not talk until she is truly convinced he is not getting out in two days. They may also threaten her with taking her child when it is born which could get her talking as well.

I agree - taking the charges too far too soon could be disastrous.

I am putting a lot of hope in the search as key to this case.

If they know they have Burris supporting them and advising them, I can't seem them ever admitting to anything. :mad:

Point of order on threads: If these charges are all dismissed for both, do we close this thread and open a "general discussion" thread instead, since we'll basically be back to where we were last week?

Yes! I remember when I was a kid, we got in much deeper doo for picking on smaller kids than in fighting with kids our size or bigger. I think that natural instinct should be a bit stronger in the legal world - way too many people are getting off with less prison time than their innocent victims lived on earth!

It's time we equalize child victims and adult victims - or even make the sentences harsher for kids - just like my mum used to do when I picked on smaller kids than me (meanwhile, torturing my older brother was pretty much a misdemeanor).

Sounds like my house. LOL!

If they know they have Burris supporting them and advising them, I can't seem them ever admitting to anything. :mad:

If she truly thinks they will take her unborn child from her if she does not cooperate she might, that is the only incentive I see for her to talk.

I personally think Hassani was injured via abuse in the home and died a long slow death and she did not seek help. When he showed up at works and said Hassani was gone I think she had a genuine emotional response, but to the knowledge she knew he was dead, not that he had just been kidnapped. moo

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=NO-CHARGES-11-09

The aunt and foster mother of 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell, who was reported missing earlier this month and who police now believe was murdered, will be released from custody today after being arrested on Friday, Alameda County Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers said.

Rogers said there is insufficient evidence to charge Jennifer Campbell, 30, as an accessory in Hasanni's murder. The boy's body has not been found.

I will say he seems like the type of attorney to do exactly that.
He is labeled as a civil rights attorney but what he really makes his money on is suing the county for "bad" police work, violation of prisoner's rights, and challenging the investigative work.

This case is right up his alley, especially when you consider he has a book to sell.

MOO

Uh Oh! That doesn't sound good for justice for poor Hasanni!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/Hasanni-Campbells-foster-mother-to-be-released-56362072.html

Rogers said the investigation into the disappearance is continuing and that he's reviewing police reports to see if there's enough evidence to file murder charges against Louis Ross, 38, the boy's foster father.

Ross was arrested at the couple's home at 5997 Roxie Terrace in Oakland about 2:45 p.m. Friday. He is tentatively scheduled to be arraigned in Alameda County Superior Court at 2 p.m. on Tuesday if charges are filed against him, Rogers said.

Un-frigging-believable.... did LR truely pull all of this off after she left for work on Mon, and is she truely unaware and truely not very bright, and truely just does not see this for what it is ???? I can not wait for the first interview by the press once she is home ALONE... Un-frigging-believable

Must rest, must pick up heart and get band-aides to hold it together, must let Brain regroup, Shock and Dismay are flying all around this room. Un-frigging-believable.

I am still not ready to give JC a free pass on all this mess. She was not charged TODAY Doesn't mean she is innocent of all wrongdoing.

Hey Duck ......Just wonderin huh me too wonder what she will do in that big empty house alone !!!
Un-frigging-believable....

Un-frigging-believable.... did LR truely pull all of this off after she left for work on Mon, and is she truely unaware and truely not very bright, and truely just does not see this for what it is ???? I can not wait for the first interview by the press once she is home ALONE... Un-frigging-believable

Must rest, must pick up heart and get band-aides to hold it together, must let Brain regroup, Shock and Dismay are flying all around this room. Un-frigging-believable.

BBM....
I don't want to see anymore interviews. I seriously doubt she'll speak publicly again. But if she did, I suspect all she would do would be to spend her time defending LR.

Hey Duck ......Just wonderin huh me too wonder what she will do in that big empty house alone !!!
Un-frigging-believable....

I wonder if she even has a job anymore? I'm sure Shuz doesn't want a possible murder convict working there.
The point is, how can she support that house? Pay hospital bills for the birth? etc etc

It seems they underestimated JC or what she knows.

I'm wondering now if they have enough to charge LR with murder. Dang, I wish the arrest warrants weren't sealed.

I still think he flipped out over some minor infraction of Hasanni's and wailed on him until he died. He seems to have such a rigid, domineering way about him. UGH. He must have been feeling a lot of pressure being Mr. Mom and having a new child on the way, a big house to support and apparently no real job. Probably lack of a job was really eating at him.
But again, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members