GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If this is the case, then why isn't LE pressing charges or making arrests?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to give LAPD a call and ask, "What's the hold-up? You're taking too long to build this case and analyze the remains found in the desert. Chop. Chop!"

Geez...

I'm glad to see Gavin Smith has been found and LE is closer to an arrest.

I think some news is about to break. Might just be the results of the autopsy
... but would be nice to see movement towards an arrest of Gavin's killer.

A convicted drug dealer has been charged with murdering a Hollywood studio executive whose remains were found in the desert last fall, nearly two years after his disappearance.

John Lenzie Creech, 42, was charged Thursday with 57-year-old Gavin Smith's death, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

<snip>

At the time he disappeared, Smith was reportedly having an affair with John Creech's wife, Chandrika Creech, whom he met in drug rehab. John Creech is currently in prison on unrelated drug charges.

Frustrated police said that while they had a number of leads in the investigation, they did not have enough evidence to lay charges and the absence of a body was a significant hole in the case.
Two years after going missing, in May 2014, a death certificate was issued for Smith, with the death officially recorded as May 1, 2012 - the day he disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-years-ago-having-affair-suspect-s-wife.html

https://www.facebook.com/ABC7/photos/a.153502602451.124224.38245492451/10152596096352452/?type=1

It took them long enough. I guess they had to wait for a body and forensics to come back to make a solid case. We all pretty much figured John Creech was good for it.

John Lenzie Creech, 42, is scheduled to be arraigned Monday at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center.

Smith was last seen leaving a friend's home in eastern Ventura County. His black Mercedes-Benz 420E was found in February 2013 at a Simi Valley storage facility that is connected to Creech. Investigators believe Smith had some kind of relationship with Creech's wife.

They updated the above article with a statement from his attorney.

An attorney for a convicted drug dealer charged with murder in the death of a Fox film executive, whose remains were found in the desert north of Los Angeles, called the case a tragic accident as the defendant appeared Monday in court.

Whenever there's a tragic accident, most folks will dial 911.

I love how the attorney said "I hope it will come out that this was a tragic accident." That is typical attorney speak. He knows that is the only defense he can hope to give this guy because John has already lied about knowing Gavin.

The attorney knows that due to decomposition and the state of the remains, that much of this case will be unprovable and based on circumstantial evidence. He's getting all geared up for an Involuntary manslaughter or self-defense case. The perp will end up with somewhere in the 5-10 year range, if that. This is the end result when a missing person isn't found for 3 or 4 years.

C.S.I. isn't what it's cracked up to be on T.V., most of the "proof" has been eliminated after this time frame. The only thing they have left is what the perp is willing to tell them. Expect this to plea out to basically nothing.

I hope all these people that knew about this the whole time are going to do some jail time also. Wow!

I've been away from this thread for a while and just caught up. Thanks for posting that article shanmo.......it's so sad, those poor kids and what they've had to live thru and deal with. It infuriates me.....all due to their father's poor choices.

This absolutely breaks my heart (from shanmo's link):

"A Fox exec's son told grand jurors he begged his father's accused killer to spare him months before he died"

"Evan Smith recalled standing with his little brother in the foyer of John Creech's home in December 2010 and begging Creech to spare their father's life."

"Creech had recently learned that his wife was having an affair with the boys' father, Gavin Smith, after they met in rehab two years earlier."

"Creech told the brothers they had "saved" their father's life by coming to him that day, Evan Smith recalled in recent testimony before the grand jury."

"The promise would not last long."

Creech is an sob and I'd better not type what I think of Chandrika (sp) and her lowlife family. What a group......all of them should have the book thrown at them. My God. Scum. Total scum, all of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back