GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that LE could very well have a POI in mind yet no actual proof they committed the crime. It's a big stretch from one to the other. I think that is why they are asking the public for help, possibly a witness or accomplice to come forward. With LE making statements as to seeing the POI at three different times in the lot, they would have to have video of some sort. I believe they know more than they are saying. But that is common in an ongoing investigation. JMO's

<snipped>

And Jash, it looks like there is damage to that silver car's fender do you think that is from Sal's (Sal's dad's) car, or just a coincidence?

I'd guess coincidence because there doesn't appear to be any obvious front-end damage to Sal's car but it's possible. His car definitely came to rest in an awkward position (over the line in front, in between the double lines on the side, the wheels are turned sharply and the windshield wipers are up).

I just noticed the silver car's trunk is open -- would police let civilians cross the yellow tape to retrieve personal items in a situation like this?

9371230_448x252.jpg

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9371232

352261u.jpg

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/video/victims-shot-mall-parking-lot-044042759.html

I believe that LE could very well have a POI in mind yet no actual proof they committed the crime. It's a big stretch from one to the other. I think that is why they are asking the public for help, possibly a witness or accomplice to come forward. With LE making statements as to seeing the POI at three different times in the lot, they would have to have video of some sort. I believe they know more than they are saying. But that is common in an ongoing investigation. JMO's

Good to see we're back on. The Mods are great here making sure we all stick to the rules as they should.
Let's show Bessie some love :loveyou: as it's not an easy job.

See, jggordo, I don't think there's been enough plea to the general public to look for the supposed person of interest. There was more news coverage when Gianni was still missing, but lately there is hardly any news coverage on this case. That might mean you're right that they already have it figured out and just need solid evidence and are putting it all together. I hope so.

I'd guess coincidence because there doesn't appear to be any obvious front-end damage to Sal's car but it's possible. His car definitely came to rest in an awkward position (over the line in front, in between the double lines on the side, the wheels are turned sharply and the windshield wipers are up).

I just noticed the silver car's trunk is open -- would police let civilians cross the yellow tape to retrieve personal items in a situation like this?

9371230_448x252.jpg

Source: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9371232

352261u.jpg

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/video/victims-shot-mall-parking-lot-044042759.html

Obviously Sal's car was in motion at the time of the shooting as it rolled into the silver car. The tires being turned at such a sharp angle would IMO be from his immediate thought that he needed to escape and fast. The windshield wipes being on must have been an involuntary movement of his hand as it was not raining that evening.

So with all of the pictures we have seen it still does not help us to understand what happened, where the video/pictures are of the POI and what the LE's next step is. So sad....

I don't know Jash, maybe LE opened it to make sure nobody was hiding in there? Good pics though I hadn't seen those before.

I just can't figure out how the car came to rest up against the other one like that. Strange IMO.

Good to see we're back on. The Mods are great here making sure we all stick to the rules as they should.
Let's show Bessie some love :loveyou: as it's not an easy job.

See, jggordo, I don't think there's been enough plea to the general public to look for the supposed person of interest. There was more news coverage when Gianni was still missing, but lately there is hardly any news coverage on this case. That might mean you're right that they already have it figured out and just need solid evidence and are putting it all together. I hope so.

I believe when Gianni was still missing they had that whole "love triangle" thing going. All that taboo sex thing sells a lot of papers and new intrigue. Now unfortunately in a metro area that has murders fairly frequently, not to mention a PD with it's own sex, lies but no videotape they seem to have gotten lost in the shuffle. And I hate to say that but JMO.

Sadly, I really do believe that SDPD's internal issues of late have detracted from this case. I'm hoping our new police chief will set it straight quickly.
I believe when Gianni was still missing they had that whole "love triangle" thing going. All that taboo sex thing sells a lot of papers and new intrigue. Now unfortunately in a metro area that has murders fairly frequently, not to mention a PD with it's own sex, lies but no videotape they seem to have gotten lost in the shuffle. And I hate to say that but JMO.

I've heard a lot more about the stolen-then-found war memorial plaques than I have about this case. It must be so awful to have someone in your family murdered or go missing, and have the case go cold. Sometimes I feel a touch insulted by how simple minded the news stations and LE treat the public. One of my own children lives real close to that mall.

I just noticed the silver car's trunk is open -- would police let civilians cross the yellow tape to retrieve personal items in a situation like this?]

Kudos to jash! Now this is exactly the keen "observation style" of investigating I was talking about...
(Just recently Rolling Stone Mag did a story on how a group of Cat Loving sleuths found a killer - no reason we can't do the same) http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...euths-found-an-accused-killer-sadist-20140319

I too feel strongly Sal was trying to escape at the time. After all, the scanner feed reported in the media says the call came in at 1:10 AM. Something's definitely happening between 1:10AM and 1:14AM when the talking stops.

As far as the car with the trunk open goes - it's part of the crime scene, so therefore was opened and searched by PD or with the owners consent, (it's legal and normal in this case).

Also, [if] the wipers being up like that could have been PD's doing if they arrived and the car was still running with the lights 'on'. They simply could have turned the wrong knob in an unfamiliar car as most us of will do. Either way, good observation.

Also, I'm praying a year from now the families won't be suffering through a cold case anniversary as did these families yesterday:

http://www.10news.com/news/annivers...was-murdered-in-temecula-music-store-03232014

I believe our next step may be to relinquish the idea in our minds - Ilona would not have driven home with Sal in a separate car if Gianni was on the scene with his own. It's quite possible she could have... I'm just saying.

Still waiting to get verified :/ Im working on getting the website up with a backstory and quite a few details. I hope if I link to it I wont get in trouble (Dont want Bessie to have to yell at me).
Its common sense that SDPD has acquired all financial documents pertaining to the victims as well as insurance and definetly computer and phone records.

There are several possibilities with Gianni's car and where he was found IMO someone either kept driving the car to different places moving it around or they stored it somewhere and made the trip to Riverside with someone following so they could leave right away. I am not sure how close the closest form of public transportation is to the Riverside location mostly Greyhound or Amtrak seems the most rationale.

Ilona's stepfather is not deceased as I read on one of the messages. Her paternal father passed away when she was pretty young at 12 I think. All of this can be located online if you look hard enough. I'd link to it but I am super tired.

Andre is not a person of interest due to the media attention he sought SDPD probably saw red flags and investigated him right away.

If there were life insurance policies which i strongly doubt due to their age and health i am sure the parents would be the beneficiaries. There is absolutely no reason to suspect the victims parents of anything but raising a close knit happy family who worked hard together in the family restaurant.

There is so much room for speculation because no one knows what happened. Its safe to assume the family knows about as much as we do. If the family knew more there is always a possibility of the family seeking justice outside of the judicial system and who would blame them? but the last thing the family needs is any member in jail for avenging the deaths of loved ones.

I don't know what happened to the message I posted earlier today?

Um, Ilona' was born - "&#1063;&#1077;&#1088;&#1075;&#1080;&#1082;, &#1048;&#1083;&#1086;&#1085;&#1072; &#1043;&#1088;&#1080;&#1075;&#1086;&#1088;&#1080;&#1077;&#1074;&#1085;&#1072;", (Chergik, Ilona Grigorievna), on March 21, 1991 in Naryan-Mar Russia.
[modsnip]

NOTE: Whenever a Russian name is Americanized for Immigration or Visa documentation purposes - whatever the transliteration was at the time these documents were issued, becomes permanent spelling on your identification; passport; visa; DL; SS; or whatever...and most of the time there are errors made in the transliteration of a Russian name into English, (i.e., Evgeny is often misspelled "Eugene" on US documents).
So, keeping this in mind - unless we have the original Cyrillic spelling of a Russian name, we cannot properly search the English version of any given Russian/Ukrainian name as we would like to. Chergik could be spelled any number of ways, (example: &#1063;&#1077;&#1088;&#1078;&#1080;&#1082; or &#1063;&#1077;&#1088;&#1076;&#1078;&#1080;&#1082; or &#1063;&#1077;&#1088;&#1075;&#1080;&#1082; = Cherzhik or Cherdzhik or Chergik).

How do I know all this?
#1. I'm Russian...)))
#2. Ilona herself tells us her full name: "i am ilona gregorievna gorshkova chergik flint but minus the flint because it is ugly and american sounding."
Ref: http://kenshonbow.livejournal.com/2166.html

I finally got verified! Im not sure if I should go out and celebrate or post on here :D Thanks Bessie for helping!!:slapfight::beersign:

I finally got verified! Im not sure if I should go out and celebrate or post on here :D Thanks Bessie for helping!!:slapfight::beersign:

Yippie yi yo kayah!!! :skip: :thewave: :congrats:

Okay I'm dating myself but congrats Best!!!!!

P.S. Go celebrate!

food-smiley-015.gif
Here ya go, a beer for thebestinthewest!
food-smiley-004.gif

The stripper thing is just embarrassing. :-/
I'm actually hunting for an email address for the new chief, I'd like to respectfully request she put the Belvedere case back on the front burner. If I do find the correct contact info, I'll post it here so anyone else who wants to do the same can join me.
:clap: Bingo! You read my mind. :wave:

We're losing money when things aren't handled correctly. For instance:
http://www.10news.com/news/stripper...go-after-kearny-mesa-strip-club-raid-03242014

I dont know why my post demanded a beer and slap fighting itself :/ technology these days haha I will repost more pics after I get some sleep I am currently working on the timeline as well if i finish early in the morning I will post it.
GianniandSal001_zpsc71874bb.jpg

Sal with his dog Milo Sal loved animals and was always trying to rescue lost or stray animals
salpicture_zpsd481dc76.jpg

4-upon2009-12-19at18152_zpsa3a7e773.jpg

IMG_0001_zps9b38fdb7.jpg

IMG_4053_zps58f58cfa.jpg

My personal Fav pic of the brothers
giannisalbeachclimbingrock_zps87f0c81d.jpg

IMG_2855_zpsfd50e6ec.jpg

IMG_0346_zpsca6940c9.jpg

golfing037_zpsb14a9c27.jpg

golfing020_zpsba7f5efc.jpg

As kids
ASHTONLILI059_zpsb3700960.jpg

Actually Ill share this photo tonight as well its really stayed in the back of my mind since I saw it for the first time. Ilona with her mother its incredibly sad and haunting
1004855_10152418669300934_1411442156_n_zpsf27ef9a5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member