GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBestInTheWest- Where you been? I see you've been a busy young lady. Hope the quake didn't shake you all up too much.

That ^^^ is moving and inspiring. Makes me realize the things in my life that trouble me are just trivial things. Just sayin...

I feel the same way. I am usually not sensitive to most things but this whole thing makes me question so many things and its probably the hardest thing I have ever done. I realized Ive spent so much time worrying about stuff that isn't important and I feel like this has really made me grow up. Its one thing to be good at your career its another to have respect for all things living or not. I hope they catch this guy

I feel the same way. I am usually not sensitive to most things but this whole thing makes me question so many things and its probably the hardest thing I have ever done. I realized Ive spent so much time worrying about stuff that isn't important and I feel like this has really made me grow up. Its one thing to be good at your career its another to have respect for all things living or not. I hope they catch this guy

It's ironic that you would post that and also that she could write that at this time. I have never been one to seek out my Minister for advise or guidance really. But in the last week or so, between this case and the Holly Bobo case that I also follow it really made me ask questions of myself about Faith. And I thought I might talk to him about the meaning of tragedy. JMO's

I think she summed it up every bit as well as he could.

Anything I could help you with, just ask and let me know when the site is ready for viewing.

It's ironic that you would post that and also that she could write that at this time. I have never been one to seek out my Minister for advise or guidance really. But in the last week or so, between this case and the Holly Bobo case that I also follow it really made me ask questions of myself about Faith. And I thought I might talk to him about the meaning of tragedy. JMO's

I think she summed it up every bit as well as he could.

Anything I could help you with, just ask and let me know when the site is ready for viewing.

Its really important to me for people to get to know the families and see how nice they are. Gianni and Sal's dad is just as nice. These people are so incredible to me to still be able to function and not just function they still have compassion in their hearts. If for whatever reason there is reward money left over they want to start a fund to help people in similar situations with funeral costs etc. They want their children to be more than a statistic they want to continue to give them integrity. When I was talking to the parents at different times they both said the same thing whatever the reason this happened theyre willing to accept it even if it was drugs or etc but there is nothing to support that drug theory anyway. There were no drugs in any of their systems nor any traces of any in the cars. Plus drug dealers keep low profiles they arent into public attention.

Thanks for sharing more about the family best. I'm not surprised at all at how genuine and compassionate they are and that just hurts my heart more for their terrible losses.

Can you tell us if they are still meeting with LE on a regular basis? It doesn't sound like much is happening but just curious if LE is giving them the time to inquire and meet whether there are updates or not. At least to let the family know that they have an agenda. I certainly hope so :dunno:

Thanks for sharing more about the family best. I'm not surprised at all at how genuine and compassionate they are and that just hurts my heart more for their terrible losses.

Can you tell us if they are still meeting with LE on a regular basis? It doesn't sound like much is happening but just curious if LE is giving them the time to inquire and meet whether there are updates or not. At least to let the family know that they have an agenda. I certainly hope so :dunno:

Hi, on Sunday March 30th I emailed the lead investigator, Mike Hastings, and asked if if the case had gone cold?
He replied the following morning:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry in this matter.

In no way has this case gone "cold." There is still much to learn and we are committed to exhausting all resources..."

Hi, on Sunday March 30th I emailed the lead investigator, Mike Hastings, and asked if if the case had gone cold?
He replied the following morning:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry in this matter.

In no way has this case gone "cold." There is still much to learn and we are committed to exhausting all resources..."

:tyou: !for taking the time to not only send the email, but update the thread! Gianni, Ilona & Sal have captured our :heartbeat:
The fact that we continue to do our best to :sleuth: despite minimal word from two LE agencies, IMV, shows what they represent: three young, amazing lives full of potential - taken from beloved family and friends brutally and without explanation. A public left has been left in fear at the reasons why these lives were extinguished in such a heinous manner, on what should have been one of the most joyful times of the year -and the happiest times in their collective lives.

So, again, h_w_i, I truly appreciate you letting the Lead Investigator know there are people out here that really still care, and aren't going anywhere. :hug:

To our VI, TBITW, :tyou: for YOUR efforts and insights, for allowing us to know the personal side of these victims, and for helping to ensure this case does not go cold here on WS.

I am proud to :sleuth: beside those of you who continue to persistently :detective: here.

No stone unturned.

May there be answers soon!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me for the long post :blushing:

Yes on Thursdays i dont think LE wants to tell them anything just in case someone tries to get their own justice

So here is a little background information i wrote for the website approved by the family.
I just realized some of this stuff might be pretty important

Gianna was the first boy and fourth child born to their parents and Sal was the youngest of 5 children as well as the only other boy to carry the Belvedere Family name. With both sons gone there is no one else to carry the family name. There are no words that can explain the pain Gianni and Sal’s murders caused their father. Sal and Gianni’s father lost his only 2 sons and his legacy of the work ethic and values he instilled in his sons. I am choosing to not name Gianni and Sal’s father due to privacy as he is still trying to cope with the tragedy of the loss of his only 2 sons. If and when Gianni and Sal’s father is ready to face the public it will be on his own terms. Please respect his wishes for privacy at this time.

16 years ago Gianni and Sal’s father sold the San Diego family restaurant “Mario’s” to another member of the family as he and his wife decided to move to Provo Utah. Gianni and Sal’s father and mother decided to make the move from San Diego to Provo so their children could grow up in a small town and have small town values. As all parents want they wanted the best for their children and they wanted to raise their family in a wholesome family oriented community. The family opened up Ottavio’s Italian Restaurant in Provo, described as having authentic Italian food with a romantic ambience.

While living in Provo Gianni met a beautiful Russian girl named Ilona Flint. Ilona can be described as caring, thoughtful, gentle, and smart. Ilona’s mother raised her beautiful daughter born with fashion model good looks to be as beautiful as she is on the inside as she on the outside. Ilona was her mother’s first child, she was her shining star, best friend, and when you see pictures of the 2 of them it’s obvious where Ilona got her good looks!

Gianni and Ilona had the romance you only read about. Ilona at 14 years old and Gianni at 16 years old they were each other’s first loves and their love never deteriorated as many young relationships do. Both families considered each of them as their own child. When you ask the Belvedere family what Gianni was passionate about the answer you will get is “Ilona”. Gianni wrote poetry about his love for Ilona and Ilona gave Gianni the motivation to make something of his life so they could have a life together as beautiful as he felt she was. Eventually Gianni and Ilona became engaged. The ending of their love story is tragic. Not only did the murderer take them from their families this murderer robbed the families of future grandchildren, future family memories, the Belvedere legacy, and now neither family will ever have a happy complete Christmas again.

Ever since Gianni and Ilona started dating they were inseparable from their 3rd Musketeer Sal. The 3 of them were the best of friends. Sal was artistic, quiet, gentle, and loved animals; If Sal found a lost animal he would knock on all the neighbor’s doors until he found the lost animal’s home. Even after he left this life he donated his heart that right now at this very moment beats in someone else’s body and it doesn’t stop there! Sal had a very rare blood type his blood gave other people a chance at life; Sal’s parents say Sal would not have wanted it any other way. Sal added the perfect blend to the trio’s friendship.

Once the Belvedere kids were finished with High School and reaching young adulthood their father closed Ottavio’s and purchased back Mario’s from the relative. The Belvedere family moved back to San Diego from Provo bringing Ilona with them. Gianni and Sal’s father bought Mario’s for Gianni and Sal in hopes of keeping the family tradition of father and sons running successful Italian restaurants going in the family, and maybe someday even having Sal and Gianni’s sons carry on the tradition. A little over a week after the finalization of the change of ownership the tragic events started on Dec 24, 2013. Gianni was the restaurant manager and Sal was the chef. Both Gianni and Sal fit into their positions at Mario’s perfectly Gianni was an outgoing charming people person who was business savvy and Sal was the artist he created each meal with thought and high standards. Ilona attended classes at Grossmont College and worked retail jobs that appealed to her love of fashion.

Hopefully ill be able to post some more pics tonight or tomorrow morning

Yes on Thursdays i dont think LE wants to tell them anything just in case someone tries to get their own justice

In a world of logic this would tell me that LE has a POI(S) and therefore will not disclose information about it for fear of retaliation. But that being said there is nothing logical about these murders :banghead:

In a world of logic this would tell me that LE has a POI(S) and therefore will not disclose information about it for fear of retaliation. But that being said there is nothing logical about these murders :banghead:
Yeah I think they are still figuring out their butts from their heads for this to happen and how careless this person was to not be caught is pathetic I don't want to ask the family but it's my feeling Gianni wasn't dead very long before he was found if they could still identify him via fingerprints and the smell didn't take for a few days. I know that none of them had drugs in their systems nor were their any drugs found in the car there is a way to track if drugs were recently in the car and it came back negative and the computers were searched absolutely nothing incriminating not even close. I would not be surprised if it was random and Gianni saw what happened and followed the murderers or they see he saw something and they got him when he was running away I know that I sound crazy for thinking that but really nothing else makes sense. It's weird that the suspect was at the mall twice so maybe he knew Ilona was there maybe he had feelings for her or once he got Gianni he knew he'd have to kill the other 2 because they might know something. It's also my understanding the suspect got in the passenger side of the car who was driving? Whoever was driving is just as guilty. If they lost police on 43rd in city heights they had to have known that area you don't just murder people and then guess your way around town. Also the Jack in the box where Gianni was found is right by the court house- I'm going to go with they know their way around that area because they've been to that courthouse before probably for criminal court. If you don't live in Southern California: Riverside, California is where the main courthouse is for Riverside County aside from Indio where Gianni's body was sent for autopsy most cases in Indio are palm springs-mecca cases. Riverside is Riverside and Temecula area which neighbors San Diego.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Does anyone locally know who is managing the restaurant now in light of what has transpired? Since the restaurant was "purchased back" for Gianni and Sal, and transaction was completed Dec. 8th, 2013. With Gianni to be the General Manager and Sal to be the Chef, has the family had to close the business? Did the previous family Members step back in?

No the sister Antoinette stepped up with her husband and she is helping her dad run it. The previous owner was Paul Donato but there is no bad blood there they still own a few restaurants together

thebestinthewest
Thank you for all your informative posts. It sounds like they are all wonderful people - the entire family.

It's been a while since I've read the official results of the cause of death, but I thought all three were shot 2 times - once in the torso and once in the head.

I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery shows about true to life murder mysteries. The first thing that comes to my mind because of those shows is that when the murderer is military, police or hitmen, they all prefer a method that makes sure the person will die, by using the double-shot method, by shooting in the torso first to keep them from getting away and the one to the head to ensure death.

Does anyone locally know who is managing the restaurant now in light of what has transpired? Since the restaurant was "purchased back" for Gianni and Sal, and transaction was completed Dec. 8th, 2013. With Gianni to be the General Manager and Sal to be the Chef, has the family had to close the business? Did the previous family Members step back in?

Who owned that restaurant before they bought it?
Was it on the market?
Or forced to sell possibly?

Just a question!

thebestinthewest
Thank you for all your informative posts. It sounds like they are all wonderful people - the entire family.

It's been a while since I've read the official results of the cause of death, but I thought all three were shot 2 times - once in the torso and once in the head.

I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery shows about true to life murder mysteries. The first thing that comes to my mind because of those shows is that when the murderer is military, police or hitmen, they all prefer a method that makes sure the person will die, by using the double-shot method, by shooting in the torso first to keep them from getting away and the one to the head to ensure death.

Im thinking hit!

Im thinking hit!

Um, someone who's hired to do a 'hit' would do just that...
People who do such things I truly doubt would drive a victim, (and their car), 100 miles from the scene of a [hit].
Also, what possible motive is there for such a theory?
BTW: Only Sal & Ilona were reported to have the double shots. Gianni, they reported the single to the head and nothing more (so far).
FYI: Small caliber weapons aren't always fatal...LE reported the caliber to be either .22 or .25 - so unless otherwise precisely placed, multiple shots from a small caliber weapon would be needed to end life.
Sal for instance wasn't deceased when police arrived, he survived for of few more days - (so this would probably go down as the worst 'hit' job ever recorded... I'm just saying.

As far as I'm aware...to date, only the preliminary autopsy reports have been released, not the finals.
Also, SDPD is handling ALL three cases. Riverside hasn't been part of the investigation for months.
Media reported Gianni's body found "badly decomposed". If this fact is correct, TOD is 2 weeks plus.

Thanks

People who do such things I truly doubt would drive a victim, (and their car), 100 miles from the scene of a [hit].
BTW: Only Sal & Ilona were reported to have the double shots. Gianni, they reported the single to the head and nothing more (so far).
FYI: Small caliber weapons aren't always fatal...LE reported the caliber to be either .22 or .25 - so unless otherwise precisely placed, multiple shots from a small caliber weapon would be needed to end life.
Sal for instance wasn't deceased when police arrived, he survived for of few more days - (so this would probably go down as the worst 'hit' job ever recorded... I'm just saying.

As far as I'm aware...to date, only the preliminary autopsy reports have been released, not the finals.
Also, SDPD is handling ALL three cases. Riverside hasn't been part of the investigation for months.
Media reported Gianni's body found "badly decomposed". If this fact is correct, TOD is 2 weeks plus.

Thanks

Badly decomposed can mean a lot of things and that did not come from Law Enforcement that came from the media who isn't exactly reliable just like when they said Ilona worked at Macys but she actually worked at Kathy Jean. The body didn't smell for a few days with the temp in Riverside being unusually hot that can cause advanced decompression if they were able to identify through fingerprints I'd assuming the body was somewhat fresh if not they would have used dental records. LE is the one who said fingerprints. However since I'm not a pathologist I could be wrong.

Hey Best! I do believe that if Gianni was alive he would have moved heaven and earth to protect Ilona. The fingerprint thing. Yes ME can establish fingerprints from a decomposed body, the method is gross but it can be done. Also his ID may have been present when he was recovered. The car was backed in with the trunk facing away, so the odor could have been present for some time without anyone complaining about it. I believe Gianni was killed immediately before or after Sal and Ilona. JMO

Thanks

BBM

HWI respectfully, it still has not been disclosed by the ME as to how many shots to the head GB received. Many reports claim more than one and the fact that they were able to determine it was not suicide very soon after his body was found tells me it was more than one. Many of the media reports are linked up thread but here is one for example:

"A Tierrasanta man found dead outside a fast-food restaurant near March Air Force Base last month died of gunshot wounds to the head..."

More here: http://www.cbs8.com/story/24666816/gianni-belvederes-cause-of-death-revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak