GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Badly decomposed can mean a lot of things and that did not come from Law Enforcement that came from the media who isn't exactly reliable just like when they said Ilona worked at Macys but she actually worked at Kathy Jean. The body didn't smell for a few days with the temp in Riverside being unusually hot that can cause advanced decompression if they were able to identify through fingerprints I'd assuming the body was somewhat fresh if not they would have used dental records. LE is the one who said fingerprints. However since I'm not a pathologist I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey Best! I do believe that if Gianni was alive he would have moved heaven and earth to protect Ilona. The fingerprint thing. Yes ME can establish fingerprints from a decomposed body, the method is gross but it can be done. Also his ID may have been present when he was recovered. The car was backed in with the trunk facing away, so the odor could have been present for some time without anyone complaining about it. I believe Gianni was killed immediately before or after Sal and Ilona. JMO

Hmm, now we're getting somewhere!

I tend to agree with jggordo... "I believe Gianni was killed immediately before or after Sal and Ilona." Except I'm leaning more towards 'before'. (I really can't imagine anyone feeding and keeping Gianni alive until three days before he was found...not with the entire world hunting you).
Also, LE did find Gianni's ID on him. How do I know this? They quoted the age of the victim as "24", Gianni's exact age. They had his ID, but according to identification procedure, ID found on a victim is considered "circumstantial". Only after they positively ID a victim by way of an autopsy will they confirm the victims identity.
You're correct. Fingerprinting can be done on a badly decomposed body - and it's morbidly gross. Dental records may have been unavailable at the time; maybe in Provo? Maybe Gianni took good care of them and had no records? In any case, in California for instance they take a thumb print when you get your DL. Don't know what they take in Utah? I'm guessing he was identified by a single "thumb" print, (he's never been arrested, so no other prints would exist).

*Cathy Jean - Thank you BITW for clearing that important item up!
Now we have at least one Riverside connection to consider...Cathy Jean.
[If you continue west on Van Buren Blvd, for 8 miles past the Jack in the Box you'll cross Magnolia. Make a left on Magnolia and you'll run into the Riverside Galleria, (mall), and "Cathy Jean"].
I agree it's a stretch, but we never know, right?
[Got to check all possible leads to be thorough].

Yes, I agree... There is absolutely nothing that can be believed or considered as factual in the media, (they're in a "rush" - and not in court).

BTW: If you exit the Macy's parking lot going south on the 'bus access road', and turn right on Camino Del Rio North heading West, you'll reach the I-8 freeway entrance in less than half a mile. Go west on I-8 another half mile and your on the 163 north. Stay on the 163 N. and it'll turn into the I-15. Stay on the I-15 and it'll turn into the I-215... I believe that is the exact route the killer took.

Thank you

Badly decomposed can mean a lot of things and that did not come from Law Enforcement that came from the media who isn't exactly reliable just like when they said Ilona worked at Macys but she actually worked at Kathy Jean. The body didn't smell for a few days with the temp in Riverside being unusually hot that can cause advanced decompression if they were able to identify through fingerprints I'd assuming the body was somewhat fresh if not they would have used dental records. LE is the one who said fingerprints. However since I'm not a pathologist I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BBM

HWI respectfully, it still has not been disclosed by the ME as to how many shots to the head GB received. Many reports claim more than one and the fact that they were able to determine it was not suicide very soon after his body was found tells me it was more than one. Many of the media reports are linked up thread but here is one for example:

More here: http://www.cbs8.com/story/24666816/gianni-belvederes-cause-of-death-revealed

Who knows for sure except the police and the killer? Media tell "stories", and haven't reported the actual news since the late 60's.

"Homicide victim Gianni Belvedere, whose decomposing body was found in the trunk of a car in Riverside last month, died from a gunshot wound to the head, San Diego police said Friday."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/Feb/07/gianni-belvedere-autopsy-findings-released/

"The third victim of an unsolved triple-homicide case that has gripped San Diego since Christmas Eve died as a result of fatal gunshot wound(s) to the head, the San Diego Police Department confirmed Friday."

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...i-Belvedere-Fatal-Shot-to-Head-244371661.html

One media report says 'one', another reports it was 'two' to the head. So, we have no reliable clue except he was shot at least once in the head and could not have survived the injuries. That came from LE.

Cathy Jean Shoes is right outside of Macy's (lower level) in the mall. IMO that is where CCTV captured the person in question at two different times prior to the shooting. The camera's facing the parking lot at Macy's are questionable as to if they were working or not that evening.

http://www.westfield.com/missionvalley/map

MOO :moo:

ETA: Cathy Jean Shoes are located in hundreds of malls so I'm not thinking the Riverside location has anything to do with it.

http://www.cathyjeanshoes.com/

Hmmm, just curious, do you know how close the Jack In The Box is to the freeway? Also do you know JIB has cameras in their parking lot near where the car was dropped off?

Hmmm, just curious, do you know how close the Jack In The Box is to the freeway? Also do you know JIB has cameras in their parking lot near where the car was dropped off?

Jack in the box is approximately 3 miles from the freeway.
There's no gas stations located on Van Buren between the I-215 Freeway and the Jack in the Box. The first gas station isn't for another 1 3/4 miles.
The area is upper middle class.
I don't see any exterior camera's (so far), but there may be some, I'll check for sure and get back to you.

What I'd like to know is... LE gives a description of the POE. But the description is vague, (i.e., was the unique marking on the sleeves a single white band or two?).

If their description comes from eye witnesses and not camera's, then why haven't they offered at the very least an artist's rendition of the POE?
You feel me?

Jack in the box is approximately 3 miles from the freeway.
There's no gas stations located on Van Buren between the I-215 Freeway and the Jack in the Box. The first gas station isn't for another 1 3/4 miles.
The area is upper middle class.
I don't see any exterior camera's (so far), but there may be some, I'll check for sure and get back to you.

What I'd like to know is... LE gives a description of the POE. But the description is vague, (i.e., was the unique marking on the sleeves a single white band or two?).

If their description comes from eye witnesses and not camera's, then why haven't they offered at the very least an artist's rendition of the POE?
You feel me?

BBM: THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION! :banghead:

I'm just wondering how long Gianni's car was in that lot. Seems like if it was parked there over the holiday period when the stores were closed it would have stuck out. But probably that JIB was open except for maybe Xmas Day, so maybe not. And it was parked near the JIB. JMO

jggordo - NO cameras. JITB is 200 feet from where Gianni's car was found. The drive thru window is on the opposite side. This is an upper middle class neighborhood - with probably little or no crime to warrant camera's?
The entire mall appears to be camera free on the exterior.

I'm just wondering how long Gianni's car was in that lot. Seems like if it was parked there over the holiday period when the stores were closed it would have stuck out. But probably that JIB was open except for maybe Xmas Day, so maybe not. And it was parked near the JIB. JMO

You know, yesterday I went to the doctor for a checkup. The RN tells me I hadn't been there for 3 years! I couldn't believe it!
...it seemed like only a month or so ago.

Time plays tricks on our mind. Same with witnesses. Where that car was parked isn't going to give any regular parker an advantage of being closer to any store in that mall. No, it gives the person parking there 'distance' from the closest business. So I truly doubt anyone was fighting for that spot. You follow me?
Now what that spot does give the person who parked it there an advantage too - is the little trail leading between the lot and the neighborhood lying north about a block away.

As I sit here and think, Gianni's car could have been moved around a few times in that lot and no one would even know...

All I'm waiting to know is, "Did it have fuel in it when it was found!!!???"

This is the only version of the sweater I could find that matches the suspect discription
images34_zps939b897c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the timeline I have I am not sure how it will format but it looks better with all pics and slide shows ->

Dec. 24, 2013 – The Christmas Eve Shooting

Earlier in the day on Dec 23, 2013 both Gianni and Sal had worked at the Family restaurant "Mario's" with their father. Gianni and Sal's father purchased the restaurant back from a relative after selling it 16 years ago when the Belvedere Family moved to Provo, Utah; the restaurant was purchased for Gianni and Sal to keep the family tradition of family owned restaurants going. Gianni was the restaurant manager and Sal was the chef. The finalization of the sale occurred a little over a week before Dec 23, 2013. Leaving in wake their father devastated by the loss of his only 2 sons and business partners due to this senseless act of violence. Gianni and Sal's dad still solely owns and co owns restaurants in San Diego with relatives

Per SDPD Gianni Belvedere was last seen on Friars Rd at 10pm on Dec 23, 2013.

The suspect described as wearing tan pants, a sweater with stripes across the biceps, about 5'10 ( originally it was reported that the suspect was black but SDPD recanted and said the race is unknown) is seen at the Mission Valley Westfield mall where Ilona was working at Kathy Jean shoes at 11:15pm and again at 12:15pm. The stores in the mall were open late for holiday shoppers.

Gianni does not show to pick up Ilona from work which was very out of character. Gianni was really protective of Ilona and if ever he was running late at work he would have his parents or siblings pick her up. Sal is woken up by Ilona calling him to say Gianni had not arrived to pick her up, Sal leaves the family home in Tierra Santa to pick up Ilona from Mission Valley Westfield mall. Sal parks in the usual area/spot where Ilona is picked up from when finishing work.

One theory Could Sal and Ilona have been waiting for Gianni and they were all going to go to Dennys or possibly the suspect had Gianni's phone and lead them to believe Gianni was on his way. This is just a theory of someone close to the case it has not been verified by law enforcement

Ilona call's 911

1:10:47 AM - Call is picked up.

1:13:32 AM - "X-Ray said I'm at Mission Valley Westhills Mall"

1:13:55 AM - "Then yelled ouch I've been shot"

1:14:21 AM - "The RP (reporting party) stopped talking"

Upon SDPD locating the Camry at the Mission Valley mall shortly after Ilona called 911 SDPD discovered Sal had a gunshot wound to the torso and head but was still clinging to life; and was transfered to Scripps Mercy Hospital in Hillcrest, Sadly Ilona had surcumb to gunshot wounds in the head and torso and was pronounced dead on arrival
352261u.jpg
According to the dispatch records the police were on the look for a possible black male, in his 20's, 5'9-5'10, thin build, wearing a dark hooded sweater with stripes on the biceps, khaki pants, and white tennis shoes who was last seen getting into the passenger side of a 2008-2011 dark gray 4 door Honda civic after witnesses say they saw the suspect walking away from the passenger side of the Toyota Camary Sal and Ilona occupied. Could the shooter have shot Sal first and then Ilona called 9-11 before he walked around to her side to finish her off? Regardless of the order of the shooting Ilona was extremly brave during her last few minutes on earth. According to the dispatch records the police lost a car matching the suspects description traveling at a high rate of speed on 43rd street in San Diego.

The following morning Jerry Hill (the man who owned a Christmas tree lot that was located at the mall in very close vicinity to where the shootings occurred)stated to reporters "Based on shell casings either a .22 caliber or a .25 caliber gun was used according to what detectives told me" Jerry Hill told police and media he did not hear gun shots and woken by his dogs when the police and ambulance arrived on scene and Jerry Hill also stated "They were searching everywhere for a bullet. If it would have been a big bang, I would have probably heard it because apparently there was like five, six shots that went off."

Examples of the Suspect's vehicle 2008-2011 4 door Honda Civic Gray
2009 honda 2.jpeg
images (34).jpg
images (35).jpg
Description of the sweater the suspect was wearing

December 25, 2013 Christmas Day

The victims family spend Christmas devastated hoping Gianni will come home.

December 26, 2013

The Belvedere family holds a news conference pleading for Gianni to come home “Gianni, we need you to come home,” "Please call us." and pleading for the public's help "All we know right now is that he is missing and we need him to go home. Please, please if you know his whereabouts or if you have seen him or his car, we're asking that you please contact San Diego police. Our family has been through a lot and we need your prayers and we hope to bring Gian home." At this point the family still thinks Gianni is alive.

Sal's wounds proved to be fatal and he passed away. Sal decided at a young age he wanted to be a donor and his organs were donated as well as his rare blood type. Sal would have done anything to help anyone and he would not have had it any other way and because of who he was in life choosing to be a donor he saved several lives when he lost his.
fan 5.jpg
December 27, 2013

The Belvedere family confirms to media that Sal has passed away.

Gianni's missing poster is released to the public.
gianni22n-2-web.jpg
December 28, 2013

There is a candlelight vigil for Ilona at La Jolla Shores
1010398_288180691306774_2047196837_n.jpg
January 1, 2014

Family and friends meet in Pacific Beach at sunset on New Year’s Day to pay tribute to Sal in an emotional vigil. The Belvedere family says Crystal Pier was one of Sal's favorite surfing spots. The Belvederes also plead for Gianni's safe return announce that a reward for information leading to his safe return has climbed to $10,000. "If you've seen the car, seen him, think you've seen him, please report it to Crime Stoppers, San Diego PD, to the news media, anybody,"/ "We need any clues we can get our hands on to bring him home to put a little closure to this whole nightmare that we're living right now."
DSC_6646.jpeg
January 7, 2014

Gianni is still missing. Due to increase in the reward a lot more tips come in. Police tell the media Gianni's credit cards and phone have not been used since he went missing
download.jpg
January 17, 2014

Gianni's car is found in Riverside. Inside the trunk there is a dead body. Authorities do not identify the deceased pending identification from the coroner. The car is found 100 miles away from San Diego at strip mall by Jack in the Box, the car is backed into the parking spot with the driver window slightly cracked about 2 inches. An employee who worked at the strip mall said the car had been parked there about 3 days and that the car was parked in her usual parking spot.

The car being found in Riverside means someone drove that car from San Diego to Riverside after an APB was put out to be on the lookout for the missing car. Did the suspect have ties to Riverside? Did he have someone follow him and pick up? Did he take public transportation? This murderer shot 3 people in the head point blank and then drives 100 miles with a dead body in the trunk, what kind of person could be so cruel? This evil murderer needs to be found and not destroy anymore lives. Please if you know or think something about these facts is familiar to you do the right thing and save someone elses life before they do this again.
W_RIVBODY_0118_brA_3Z70ZLMK8.JPG.jpg
January 23, 2014

The coroner confirms the body in the trunk is Giannis and that he was a victim of homicide

SDPD tell the media the suspect – seen at Westfield Mission Valley on Dec. 23 and Dec. 24, 2013 – is a man wearing a black hoodie with white bands in the biceps area of the sweatshirt, tan pants and white tennis shoes. He is described as standing 5-foot-10 to 6-feet-tall.The suspect was at the Mission Valley mall at 11:15 p.m. the night before the shooting of Ilona and Sal and then returned to the mall at 12:15 a.m. on Dec. 24.
coroner.jpg
1560586_10152271771318783_1813554832_n.jpg
1780853_10152271778913783_753205122_n.jpg
big g.jpg
4-up on 2009-12-19 at 18.16 #4.jpg
gianni christmas dance 05 021.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg
February 7, 2014

SDPD confirms that Gianni died as a result of gunshot wound(s) to the head, according to preliminary findings from an autopsy. The autopsy has not yet been completed by the Riverside Medical Examiner, so police say this is the only insight into Gianni's manner of death at this time.

This is the only version of the sweater I could find that matches the suspect discription
images34_zps939b897c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the very same 'hoodie' I posted over a month ago...
There are others out there, but none that match the image we've formed in our minds as good as this one.
Question is, "Did the hoodie the POE was seen wearing have one stripe or the two?"

BTW: This hoodie featured in the photo is sold on a website of which one of the victims friends has an account...

This is the very same 'hoodie' I posted over a month ago...
There are others out there, but none that match the image we've formed in our minds as good as this one.
Question is, "Did the hoodie the POE was seen wearing have one stripe or the two?"

BTW: This hoodie featured in the photo is sold on a website of which one of the victims friends has an account...

Im not sure if I am impressed by you knowing that or a little creeped out (JK) I did not see your sweater pic posted before or I would have referenced it! I was actually at a juice bar Casa De Juice and I saw someone wearing the sweater and like a weirdo I was like "Where did you get your sweater!?" as his girlfriend and he were arguing and she walked out lol He said it was either Kitson or American Apparel. Not sure if that helps but both brands have stores in San Diego.

Just a heads up: Watch the media tomorrow the sisters will be on there! I am thinking of posting the site on here before it goes live when I finish it but its really hard on the eyes :/ But here are some pics for now :):fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez