GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In trying to determine a motive, I need to throw this question out there ... if Sal and Gianni had life insurance policies, would a pay out be given to the beneficiary if they were murder victims? If so, I'm sure LE has investigated but I feel that the trail from the beneficiary to the murderer is a very long and convoluted one. It might lead back to Utah.

Also, is there any relevance in the proximity of Gianni's car and the military base in Riverside? Just a thought ... but it was also found close to the 215 which takes you to Utah.

I have not heard of anything definitive in regard to the cameras not working that night. It has been mentioned through someone within the family but not MSM or LE that I know of.

As far as Gianni and Sal being given the restaurant as a "gift". Was it purchased for that purpose, was it repossessed? Did the former operator lose their lease? How did that come about? To say it was a gift to me simplifies the mechanics that business entails. Was Gianni to be the GM and Sal the Chef in the future?

I'm not sure how two cars get hijacked and one ends up in Riverside. I get the whole thing about motive but I can't get there on hijack. Hey just my opinions.

I have not heard of anything definitive in regard to the cameras not working that night. It has been mentioned through someone within the family but not MSM or LE that I know of.

As far as Gianni and Sal being given the restaurant as a "gift". Was it purchased for that purpose, was it repossessed? Did the former operator lose their lease? How did that come about? To say it was a gift to me simplifies the mechanics that business entails. Was Gianni to be the GM and Sal the Chef in the future?

I'm not sure how two cars get hijacked and one ends up in Riverside. I get the whole thing about motive but I can't get there on hijack. Hey just my opinions.

Here's what I've been informed of concerning the restaurant:

<modsnip>

As far as insurance claims; jealousy; etc. I've already submitted my only true POE who for jealousy in an earlier post. Insurance claim is far too obvious and no motive or possible reason has ever been given.

BTW: The number one stolen vehicle in California and across the country is the Toyota Camry.

As far as the military base and riverside goes... It may be possible the vehicle ran out of gas or was low and therefore ditched. PD only knows the answer to that...
After all, there's a deceased victim in the trunk - so I'm pretty sure if carjacking was the original motive the killer wasn't going to be able to fence a hot car or drive it into a chop shop with Gianni in the trunk.
Riverside has a lot of gangs up there. Our suspect could have just driven near his area, caught a bus or cab...and went home.

I've heard of the "Amish Mafia", but not the "Mormon Mafia", so I'm not involving Utah or even considering a hit.
If we truly must go that route, then you'll need to include Ilona's deceased Step-father...I believe he was an intelligence officer of some form for the US Consular office in RU...Crime division.
But that scenario, no matter how minute, would be my last adding nothing more than pure sensationalism and intrigue to an already complex mystery.

"...how two cars get hijacked and one ends up in Riverside..."

Please wait patiently for the second chapter of my theory...(to be continued).

IMO, reward money does squat. If PD really wishes to refresh a possible witnesses memory...they need to release more clues.
I'm pretty sure someone out there knows something - no matter how insignificant it may seem to them - that a new clue released in the media may just jar their memory.
I'm pretty sure this case would've been solved if they had.

Insurance money IS a motive and I completely disagree that it's obvious on two 20 somethings. Follow the money, right?

And why toward Riverside and not Tijuana, LA, or Yuma? There is a reason the murderer went north.

Based on your theory, can you explain why the "carjacker" hung around after killing Gianni? That makes no sense whatsoever ... no one in their right mind would stick around!

I like a lot of your reasoning, but you're very quick to squash other theories. Isn't theorizing what this board is all about!

Insurance money IS a motive and I completely disagree that it's obvious on two 20 somethings. Follow the money, right?

And why toward Riverside and not Tijuana, LA, or Yuma? There is a reason the murderer went north.

Based on your theory, can you explain why the "carjacker" hung around after killing Gianni? That makes no sense whatsoever ... no one in their right mind would stick around!

I like a lot of your reasoning, but you're very quick to squash other theories. Isn't theorizing what this board is all about!

Please re-read my theory, your answer is there. I'm not here to argue or fight or lead. I've read your opinion, your theory, but please forgive me, those ideas have already been introduced.
And if there's a money trail, then where is it? The detectives certainly haven't found any such motives.
I cannot say 'why' the killer chose his destination. I can only give a theory... It just makes sense to flee to a familiar area. Most do. The only exception in this case I can think of for him not being from that area is he's having car problems or low on fuel. Problem is, he's got Gianni in the trunk and stopping for gas, (I'll look to see where the stations are), is probably not a good idea. He may have heard an amber alert for the car over the radio and ditched it. That's also a possibility.

I'm going to explain the rest of my current theory tomorrow.
my post clearly reads, "...to be continued".

Thanks, good night

There was an Amber Alert? I'm catching up but I'm apparently seriously lost. How did I miss that?

hmmm_what_if I'd really like to see some backup on a lot of your theories and ideas.

I like throwing around ideas, but I don't care for throwing around ideas as definite facts or squashing ideas as definitely wrong when the only "fact" right now is we don't know for sure. I know we all want justice for the family.

I found this map that 10 News did -- the red triangles indicate where they noticed cameras (and I guess the estimated range of those cameras). It doesn't look like Sal's car would have been captured at the time of the shooting.

bf02ua.jpg

link: http://www.10news.com/news/live-at-...erence-on-the-belvedere-murder-mystery-012414

There was an Amber Alert? I'm catching up but I'm apparently seriously lost. How did I miss that?

There was not an "Amber Alert" for Gianni or the vehicle. There is an age limit for Amber Alerts involving children, I believe. There was an alert for his vehicle and license plate number, however. How quickly that went out to CHP I don't know. SDPD did specifically reach out to Utah authorities directly in thoughts that Gianni may have returned to that area.

I believe LE originally thought Gianni was directly involved in the first two murders, with a "love triangle" possible theory in the beginning. In my opinion LE wasted a lot of valuable lead time on that theory. And further I don't think that theory was really put to rest until Gianni's body was found. And even then there was speculation to a "murder-suicide". Until the ME let LE to rule that one out, IIRC.

JMO's

I'm now thinking Ilona and Sal were never actually inside the mall/stores that night. We heard about the times the suspect was seen on cameras, but nothing about the victims. Had they been at the mall, I would have expected that to come out (e.g. they were seen walking out of the Macy's store at XX:XX). Maybe they were just arriving to do some late-night shopping and never made it past the parking lot?

In the photo below, and I apologize if it's upsetting, it appears that Ilona is still inside of the vehicle. It looks like she's slumped forward, wearing her seat belt. To me, that means the vehicle was moving shortly before they were shot (or was about to move). If they were just sitting there chatting, maybe waiting to meet up with Gianni or someone else, would Ilona have strapped herself in?

gianni22n-4-web.jpg

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eve-triple-murder-slay-case-article-1.1586309

Can anyone make out what that thing is on ground on the driver's side? I tried zooming in but have no idea. It doesn't seem to match up with the things in this other photo.

24295764_BG2.jpg

Link: http://www.cbs8.com/story/24295764/sdpd-family-looking-for-man-missing-since-fatal-shooting

JMO This was personal! I do not think it was about Drugs taking a car or their family business.
Something could have been said to this person that night and we will never know because the three are dead! Someone wanted these three ppl dead!
Question is who?

BBM
Can anyone make out what that thing is on ground on the driver's side? I tried zooming in but have no idea. It doesn't seem to match up with the things in this other photo.

I believe that could be where EMT's may have removed Sal's jacket or something to work on him before transporting him. The plastic bag could have contained IV or breathing tubes and such. EMT's just leave that stuff and roll. IMO

BBM
"In the photo below, and I apologize if it's upsetting, it appears that Ilona is still inside of the vehicle. It looks like she's slumped forward, wearing her seat belt. To me, that means the vehicle was moving shortly before they were shot (or was about to move). If they were just sitting there chatting, maybe waiting to meet up with Gianni or someone else, would Ilona have strapped herself in?"

Jash, I am wondering if they were not "boxed in" by another vehicle and assailant(s). With the car being all cockeyed like that it seems as though they were not in an actual parking space per se.

And with Ilona calling 911, and then not speaking for a couple minutes, knowing they were in trouble. Probably initially thinking they were being robbed. Then after the silence and stating where they were, saying "ouch, I've been shot".

JMO's

The News10 "Crime Scene" image with 'red dot' was off by about 100 feet from the exact location (next to the lamp pole) so I super imposed the helicopter MSM shot from above over a GM image...
This is the spot...

Attachments

• exact with cars small.jpg
    exact with cars small.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 52
Sitting here thinking about this case. I wish I had something brilliant to say, but I don't. What I do know is this appears to be a targeted type of hit on three young people, not a random car jacking. Targeted for some reason, but this is just my own opinion.

Why can't we know where Gianni was just before? Was he abducted from the mall parking lot or not? It's shocking how little has been revealed about the events leading up to these horrible crimes and how vague the details. There must be a reason why the SDPD made that odd comment about solving this case morally and ethically...no need to say that for some random car jacking, or even some jealous nut who had a crush on Ilona.

I salute all who post here trying to fill in the blanks. It's a shame when cases go cold and too quiet.

But I'm stumped to come up with a solid theory. I'm frustrated trying to understand why the details and information of the investigation are being held back from the public. There's a person of interest with not even a sketch put out in the news. I can only surmise the investigation must be kept quiet because it is tied to something else.

I'm stuck on the "morally and ethically" statement as well, Curious_Me ... to me, that felt like a "no street justice or payback to the murderer" for what they did, almost like there were people who would figure it out and take justice into their own hands before SDPD got it solved.

The Gianni whereabouts, not seeing the three on mall cameras, and where was Ilona working and until what time totally have me stumped as well.

It's been three months and I can't even imagine what the families are going through when I know how many of my waking hours are spent thinking about these three kids all the time!

On the map above in post #212 the arrows show where the cameras are and where the "shooting scene" was. But in the photos of Sal's car it appears to me that the car is closer to the Macys store. Or is it just me. But the map makes it look like the car was near the street>

Alright guys here is the Flickr account im uploading the rest of the videos right now again sorry i was sick and im not the best photographer its like the blonde blair witch project http://www.flickr.com/photos/117512359@N03/ if that link doesnt work the user name i created is awesome_possumsd if someone else can post the pics from here it would be appreciated I am in a dark dark place with slow internet aka work :)

These video's give a excellent view of the parking lot and where the car was.

These video's give a excellent view of the parking lot and where the car was.

I'll tell you what, later to day or tomorrow, I'll go down the hill to the mall below my home and stand directly in front of the lamp post - and point to the 'tire marks' at the base shown in the MSM photos to prove once in for all what you refuse to accept. Jeez Louise!
Thank you.

I'll tell you what, later to day or tomorrow, I'll go down the hill to the mall below my home and stand directly in front of the lamp post - and point to the 'tire marks' at the base shown in the MSM photos to prove once in for all what you refuse to accept. Jeez Louise!
Thank you.

No one here is disputing the fact that is where the car was. Yes it was there...and the video reflects that as well. And it tells us nothing as to how 3 lives were taken so tragically. :truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove