GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I'm just gathering as much info being reported as I can. Yes, sad, and we all want to understand what was going on. Oh, but WHY, WHY WHY?!!

Drug link to Christmas Eve slayings?
Victim had just purchased drugs when slain, witness says
3:01 p.m. Sept. 2, 2014
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/02/carlos-mercado-hearing-belvedere-flint-murders/

"Phone records indicate that she tried repeatedly to reach her fiance, Gianni, but he did not answer."

"She then made calls to three hospitals and the county jail."

"The detective said the records show that she called the Belvedere family home, where she lived with the brothers and their parents. Salvatore Belvedere then headed to the mall to pick her up."

and

"Testimony is the case is expected to continue Tuesday and later in the week."

bbm

Regardless if they did drugs it has yet to be proven this was about drugs. I was 100% under the impression drugs were not involved and I do feel a little misled but from what I understand the family found out the same way we did and at the same time as everyone else for a public defender the defense lawyer seems pretty good it's so weird to me that people even do heroin I thought it was a thing from 80s-90s I don't even know if I have ever met a heroin addict/former addict so I am not familiar with their tendencies and not to mention no one goes to a rave for the music every time I hear techno and see flashing lights my brain starts to ache from my younger days as a candy kid.

So was the nozzle of the deodorizing spray taped down so that when CM quickly closed the trunk it would fill it with the deodorizing scent because he thought it would mask (I apologize for typing this) decomposition?? That is bizarre.

So was the nozzle of the deodorizing spray taped down so that when CM quickly closed the trunk it would fill it with the deodorizing scent because he thought it would mask (I apologize for typing this) decomposition?? That is bizarre.
I believe so

Regardless if they did drugs it has yet to be proven this was about drugs. I was 100% under the impression drugs were not involved and I do feel a little misled but from what I understand the family found out the same way we did and at the same time as everyone else for a public defender the defense lawyer seems pretty good it's so weird to me that people even do heroin I thought it was a thing from 80s-90s I don't even know if I have ever met a heroin addict/former addict so I am not familiar with their tendencies and not to mention no one goes to a rave for the music every time I hear techno and see flashing lights my brain starts to ache from my younger days as a candy kid.

Unfortunately, Best, there is a nationwide epidemic of heroin use/addiction. It is very available and opiods no longer are, so people use what they can score to get high. It is a big problem and I am saddened to think so many young people are making the choice to use heroin. Really bad news.

From what little I know heroin has made a huuuuge "comeback" (so to speak) in recent years because it's basically painkillers, but cheaper. People who got addicted to Oxycontin, Norco, etc. found a cheaper but similar high in in heroin. A friend who's a drug rehab counselor told me that her heroin addicts would joke about how they were the smart ones because they got the same high for way less money.

I totally agree they might've been doing drugs but the killing may not have been about drugs - I will be curious to hear the rest of the info as it comes out.

The drugs do make more sense to me in terms of someone acting really irrationally. I've seen people coming off of Oxy addictions and it was pretty shocking. I can see them doing darn near anything just to stop the come-down (i.e. kill someone to get the drugs if they wouldn't share voluntarily). I have no idea if Oxy was mentioned in this case but since heroin was mentioned, I wondered if maybe it used to be painkillers and eventually turned into this "cheaper" habit. At 40 I'm all "old" these days but the people I've known in the past few years who were hooked on painkillers or heroin or both were all between 17 and about 30.

Heroin use/addiction is an epidemic in San Diego and many other parts of the country too. Good, clean cut kids are doing it - it's not like the stereotypical 1970's junkies you probably think of. I just find it hard to believe the family of these 3 young people would have had no idea they had drug problems. If someone has a $250 a day habit, it would be very noticeable. I mean, they at least had to know that Sal had a problem if he went to rehab, right? Maybe the family was told by police not to mention anything about it. It's all very sad.

In my opinion, from what is now coming out from the detectives, it appears this was probably over a drug debt. I also don't think Carlo Mercado
acted alone. My guess it that he probably was the hired hit man/enforcer for the drug dealers. Again, just my opinion.

Unfortunately, Best, there is a nationwide epidemic of heroin use/addiction. It is very available and opiates no longer are, so people use what they can score to get high. It is a big problem and I am saddened to think so many young people are making the choice to use heroin. Really bad news.
I've never tried it but from what I understand Xanax is used for coming down off heroin. Xanax is prescribed often with suboxone as an aid in helping people get off opiates and heroin. I'm not sure if the rule of ecstasy pills still exists:the red colored ones are cut with heroin. I know a lot of people who loved the red ones and they'd feel like crap the following day if they didn't take some sort of opiate even a 5mg vicodin. I hope she wasn't using in front of Sal when he was in recovery.

I've never tried it but from what I understand Xanax is used for coming down off heroin. Xanax is prescribed often with suboxone as an aid in helping people get off opiates and heroin. I'm not sure if the rule of ecstasy pills still exists:the red colored ones are cut with heroin. I know a lot of people who loved the red ones and they'd feel like crap the following day if they didn't take some sort of opiate even a 5mg vicodin. I hope she wasn't using in front of Sal when he was in recovery.

My nephew got addicted to heroin. I knew about the suboxone he was prescribed to help get him off heroine, but I didn't know about giving them Xanax. I could see why they would though because my nephew had major anxiety and sleeping problems. He did go through hell, but I am happy to say he has been drug free for a few years now. I thought of poor Sal, having gone through the hard process of getting clean, only to be shot down. Triple tragedy.

The video on this link has been updated regarding the DNA evidence against CM although the text has not. Also just heard on the 6:30pm report from the same station that tomorrow prosecutors will be giving evidence on information found on CM's computer as well as SM had contact with Ilona about 2 hours prior to the shooting.

Watch video: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26424867/hearing-for-suspect-in-christmas-eve-triple-murder

There's a little more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiate and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opioid.

Xanax, Ativan, and I think Valium are all used for helping to come off of opiates/opioid drugs (including heroin) to help with the anxiety (not always, but sometimes). I've also heard of Suboxone being used as well as Methadone. I think those are more "substitutes" for the heroin/painkillers and used to help taper down. Sorry I don't know more in depth details. This is just relaying what I've read and heard when helping out some friends who got caught up in all of this (interestingly, they all started with Vicodin).

From what little I know heroin has made a huuuuge "comeback" (so to speak) in recent years because it's basically painkillers, but cheaper. People who got addicted to Oxycontin, Norco, etc. found a cheaper but similar high in in heroin. A friend who's a drug rehab counselor told me that her heroin addicts would joke about how they were the smart ones because they got the same high for way less money.

I totally agree they might've been doing drugs but the killing may not have been about drugs - I will be curious to hear the rest of the info as it comes out.

The drugs do make more sense to me in terms of someone acting really irrationally. I've seen people coming off of Oxy addictions and it was pretty shocking. I can see them doing darn near anything just to stop the come-down (i.e. kill someone to get the drugs if they wouldn't share voluntarily). I have no idea if Oxy was mentioned in this case but since heroin was mentioned, I wondered if maybe it used to be painkillers and eventually turned into this "cheaper" habit. At 40 I'm all "old" these days but the people I've known in the past few years who were hooked on painkillers or heroin or both were all between 17 and about 30.
I've seen it too and I've had cosmetic surgery (it was either that or get a master's degree and I don't want anymore student loan debt) coming off the painkillers sucked I remember not being able to sleep for days or get comfortable no matter what I did I could see someone not wanting to go through that especially as I imagine it being way worse for someone using a lot more for a long period of time I had only been taking them for a few weeks. The thing about San Diego is its not hard to acquire opiates from doctors and tijuana is ridiculously easy. Such a shame :/

My nephew got addicted to heroin. I knew about the suboxone he was prescribed to help get him off heroine, but I didn't know about giving them Xanax. I could see why they would though because my nephew had major anxiety and sleeping problems. He did go through hell, but I am happy to say he has been drug free for a few years now. I thought of poor Sal, having gone through the hard process of getting clean, only to be shot down. Triple tragedy.

Emma so happy to hear your nephew has pulled through. It's a day to day struggle. So with that I will come clean, although heroin was not my choice back in the day (never touched it) I personally had a terrible cocaine habit for about 8 years. Mind you this was back in the 80's. I have been drug free for 20+ years but I can tell you it has messed with every fiber of my being ever since. I have been prescribed Xanax to take at night to sleep since 1990. I can't take OTC cold remedies or allergy meds because they set me off. Anything that say's it makes you drowsy will hype you up and visa versa.

Long story short is that Ativan/Xanax is common for drug abusers.

I do not believe drugs where the result of these three being killed. Of course MOO

Emma so happy to hear your nephew has pulled through. It's a day to day struggle. So with that I will come clean, although heroin was not my choice back in the day (never touched it) I personally had a terrible cocaine habit for about 8 years. Mind you this was back in the 80's. I have been drug free for 20+ years but I can tell you it has messed with every fiber of my being ever since. I have been prescribed Xanax to take at night to sleep since 1990. I can't take OTC cold remedies or allergy meds because they set me off. Anything that say's it makes you drowsy will hype you up and visa versa.

Long story short is that Ativan/Xanax is common for drug abusers.

I do not believe drugs where the result of these three being killed. Of course MOO

SD, so glad those days are behind you, but of course sorry to hear that there are residual effects that still bother you. I was in a pretty bad car accident twenty years ago, and was in terrible pain, so I would drink alcohol to numb it. I realized I was getting too dependent on my "pain solution", so I stopped doing that and tried a chiropractor. I confided in him that I was feeling the withdrawal from alcohol. He told me to buy some liquid b complex vitamin because it helps the nervous system. It really helped with the anxiety. Glad I met him because he helped me with more than just back pain.

ETA: also wanted to say that I don't think this is drug related, but I am not sure why I think that. I know it creeps me out that there is footage of CM following Ilona in the mall. He sure owned some pretty serious firearms too.

Xanax, Ativan, Temazepam, etc., etc., are called Benzos. (Benzodiazepine)
They are way too easily obtained by prescription for any number of slight problems. It is easy to become dependent on them.

I've been studying the benzos because I recently developed chronic insomnia and was prescribed several. Any kind of anxiety disorder is often treated with a benzo type drug. I sleep great if I take one, but now what.

There's a list of the benzos here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

Xanax, Ativan, Temazepam, etc., etc., are called Benzos. (Benzodiazepine)
They are way too easily obtained by prescription for any number of slight problems. It is easy to become dependent on them.

I've been studying the benzos because I recently developed chronic insomnia and was prescribed several. Any kind of anxiety disorder is often treated with a benzo type drug. I sleep great if I take one, but now what.

There's a list of the benzos here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

Melatonin instead? Someone's gotta come up with pain medication that works without becoming addicted. Same with sleep/anxiety meds. I understand what it is like not to be able to sleep.... And thank you for all the great information.

From this article: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/02/carlos-mercado-hearing-belvedere-flint-murders/

- Ilona had metabolites of heroin in her system at the time of her death. Several Xanax and hydrocodone pills were found in her purse.

- Gianni had consumed alcohol, opiates, codeine and Xanax.

- Sal had no alcohol or common drugs of abuse in his system.

- Four shots were fired into the car, likely by someone standing outside the driver’s side window.

- Sal’s cellphone and car keys were missing (so maybe they've since been found, possibly in CM's possession?).

I'm surprised that Ilona was found in the backseat. If she was in the back the entire time, I think either there was someone already sitting in the front passenger seat when she got to the car, or they were expecting someone to join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member