CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Somehow life was kicking my butt during the time this happened, so I totally missed it. I learned about it through a website that said that Davante is alive and has been kept hidden since the wreck. Said there is a bidding war going on for his adoption. Now that I know the details, I hope that it is true that he survived somehow. I only wish that the other children had.

What is the name of the website? Can you share any details that made this sound plausible? If there are families that want to adopt him, it would not be a legal adoption. The theory seems, unlikely, unless he was dropped off at an off-grid community on their road trip. If that did happen, they probably would keep him hidden until he is 18.

As crazy as this theory seems to be, the Harts had a wide social media network and might have known some off the grid people. Reasons they might have dropped him off, somewhere, to avoid CPS interviews, since he is the one that went to the neighbors.

The other kids would have had to agree to go along with whatever excuse they gave for him not being there or this would not work.

It is probably just coincidental that he is the only one who has not been found.

Last edited:
My heart tells me Devonte is no more... :(
Those wicked women probably thought he knew way too much and would talk.
They both seemed quite image-conscious. :mad:

But I want to have some hope for him.
Those poor, abused , sweet kids deserved to live !!!!

My heart tells me Devonte is no more... :(
Those wicked women probably thought he knew way too much and would talk.
They both seemed quite image-conscious. :mad:

But I want to have some hope for him.
Those poor, abused , sweet kids deserved to live !!!!

Inside the Case of Family of 8 Whose Car Was Found at Bottom of Cliff 1 Year Ago

This PEOPLE article is from today.

The remains of Devonte Hart, 15, have still not been recovered, though Mendocino Sheriff-Coroner Tom Allman recently told PEOPLE that Devonte has been legally declared dead.

From previous articles, we know they have gone through the Hart’s social media, talked to many people who knew them, and have reached the conclusion that Devonte was in the vehicle when it crashed.

Inside the Case of Family of 8 Whose Car Was Found at Bottom of Cliff 1 Year Ago

This PEOPLE article is from today.

The remains of Devonte Hart, 15, have still not been recovered, though Mendocino Sheriff-Coroner Tom Allman recently told PEOPLE that Devonte has been legally declared dead.

From previous articles, we know they have gone through the Hart’s social media, talked to many people who knew them, and have reached the conclusion that Devonte was in the vehicle when it crashed.

I cannot even fathom what the kids were thinking when they had to hold up signs about love and whatever.

Monsters.

People want to believe in goodness so much they could not see what was right in front of their eyes, Skinny kids being treated nastily

The reports from when they were in public school should have been enough to have the children removed. Failure in so many depts. So many times they could have been saved. Just devastating to know they COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!

The reports from when they were in public school should have been enough to have the children removed. Failure in so many depts. So many times they could have been saved. Just devastating to know they COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED!

Coroner's inquest set in Hart family crash

This KOIN 6 article includes photos of the house that were published previously. The house photos are in the set of 23 photos near the end of the article. The fridge was full of food and there were bowls of apples on the counter. The house was reasonably clean. If they had been able to coach the kids, like they did when the kids were younger, there might have been another failure to remove them.

Last edited:
Telling Lies: How a Decade of Deception Led to the Hart Family's Tragic End on the Mendocino Coast

This article provided a good overview on how the Harts convinced almost everyone that the kids were safe in their home.

In fact, in the weeks after the crash, reports from state agencies, police departments, and the family’s former friends sketched a history of neglect and abuse in every state they had lived in: Minnesota, Oregon, and Washington. In Jen and Sarah’s 12 years with the children, most of those reports went unheeded. When authorities did get involved, the couple managed to dissuade police and social workers from removing the children with a well-crafted appearance and accompanying narrative of victimhood.

This is from when the kids were interviewed by the Oregon SW:

As for the children, they “provided nearly identical answers to all questions asked” and all but Devonte showed “little emotion or animation.” The children disclosed no abuse or withholding of food, and the social workers marked them as “Safe”.

Before the interviews, DHS learned from a social worker in Minnesota, probably Nancy Wiebe, that “these women look normal” and will almost certainly claim that the children’s backgrounds in Texas explain their food issues.

Last edited:
@changeindeed posted a link above that explains it pretty well (I'm re-posting it, unable to double-quote here).

A quote from the article:
"Mendocino County sheriff’s Capt. Greg Van Patten said the case had generated so much speculation and heartbreak that “from our standpoint, the best thing is to have this public hearing so that everybody will have the information and the case will be completely transparent.”

Said
[Mendocino County Sheriff] Allman, “In my career, I’ve never had so many people ask me questions about a case. This case, this topic, comes up weekly, if not every other day, and it’s a year old. I drive by where the scene is, and I see fresh flowers there on maybe a weekly basis. I think there’s a lot of unanswered questions that I truly believe that it’s my responsibility to at least put the evidence out there and allow people to come up with an educated conclusion rather than guessing at the conclusion.”

Was the cliff crash that killed the Hart family an accident? Mendocino County jury to decide

Interesting wording there by the sheriff, IMO. I think that pretty much answers my question. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

For California county, Hart family crash inquest brings closure, transparency to yearlong investigation

The attorney who will oversee the inquest swore in eight women and six men as jurors Tuesday morning at the county courthouse in Ukiah, 20 miles south of downtown Willits, where the hearing will take place. Nearly all of the jurors said they had heard about the crash that turned the nation’s attention to their county.

"Every piece of evidence we got was just that much more shocking," said Undersheriff Matthew Kendall.

County officials knew that no hearing room could fit the number of people looking for answers in the crash, so the they decided to livestream the inquest proceedings.

The inquest is happening 8 to 5 tomorrow and the next day.

For California county, Hart family crash inquest brings closure, transparency to yearlong investigation

The attorney who will oversee the inquest swore in eight women and six men as jurors Tuesday morning at the county courthouse in Ukiah, 20 miles south of downtown Willits, where the hearing will take place. Nearly all of the jurors said they had heard about the crash that turned the nation’s attention to their county.

"Every piece of evidence we got was just that much more shocking," said Undersheriff Matthew Kendall.

County officials knew that no hearing room could fit the number of people looking for answers in the crash, so the they decided to livestream the inquest proceedings.

The inquest is happening 8 to 5 tomorrow and the next day.

Perhaps someone will do a mirror feed of the sheriff department Facebook feed on YouTube and post it here.

I always have lagging problems with Facebook, yet YouTube always works flawlessly when someone does a mirror feed.

My heart and prayers are with those poor children as to what they went through. Time and time again, they were failed by others. Such a tragedy that affected so many, so many people.

The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office will be holding a Coroner's Inquest into the deaths of the Hart Family and the proceedings will be broadcast live on YouTube beginning on April 3, 2019 at 9:00 am.

It is anticipated that the Coroner's Inquest will take two to three days to complete.

To watch Day 1 of the proceedings on YouTube, please go to YouTube to subscribe to the channel and turn on the notification bell to be notified when the livestreaming begins.

The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office will be holding a Coroner's Inquest into the deaths of the Hart Family and the proceedings will be broadcast live on YouTube beginning on April 3, 2019 at 9:00 am.

It is anticipated that the Coroner's Inquest will take two to three days to complete.

To watch Day 1 of the proceedings on YouTube, please go to YouTube to subscribe to the channel and turn on the notification bell to be notified when the livestreaming begins.

Thanks so much for finding that! Facebook feeds always buffer too much and I always have problems with it, but YouTube is usually flawless.

Hart family inquest: Sarah Hart had toxic level of Benadryl in system when fatal cliff plunge occurred

WILLITS, CALIF. -- Sarah Hart had a toxic level of Benadryl in her system when the SUV carrying her family plunged off a California cliff last year, the doctor who performed her autopsy testified Wednesday.

At least three of her children also had elevated levels of the drug in their systems, but their levels were less than toxic, Dr. Greg Pizarro said during the first day of a coroner's inquest into the deaths of Sarah and Jennifer Hart and their six adopted children, ages 12 to 19.
---
He said he believes all died almost instantly after the crash from spinal injuries they received upon impact. The body of the Hart’s youngest daughter, Sierra, was found two weeks after the crash and was too decomposed to make a conclusive determination, he said.
---
Her siblings Markis, Abigail and Jeremiah, who were found near the SUV, all had levels of the drug in their system that was significantly higher the therapeutic range, Pizarro said.

He described the level of Benadryl in their mother Sarah Hart’s system as toxic. She may have been drowsy, hallucinating and experiencing heart palpitations or tremors, Pizarro said.

Toxicology tests showed Jennifer Hart had an elevated level of alcohol in her system, 0.102 percent, above the legal limit for driving, Pizarro said

Hart family inquest: Sarah Hart had toxic level of Benadryl in system when fatal cliff plunge occurred

WILLITS, CALIF. -- Sarah Hart had a toxic level of Benadryl in her system when the SUV carrying her family plunged off a California cliff last year, the doctor who performed her autopsy testified Wednesday.

At least three of her children also had elevated levels of the drug in their systems, but their levels were less than toxic, Dr. Greg Pizarro said during the first day of a coroner's inquest into the deaths of Sarah and Jennifer Hart and their six adopted children, ages 12 to 19.
---
He said he believes all died almost instantly after the crash from spinal injuries they received upon impact. The body of the Hart’s youngest daughter, Sierra, was found two weeks after the crash and was too decomposed to make a conclusive determination, he said.
---
Her siblings Markis, Abigail and Jeremiah, who were found near the SUV, all had levels of the drug in their system that was significantly higher the therapeutic range, Pizarro said.

He described the level of Benadryl in their mother Sarah Hart’s system as toxic. She may have been drowsy, hallucinating and experiencing heart palpitations or tremors, Pizarro said.

Toxicology tests showed Jennifer Hart had an elevated level of alcohol in her system, 0.102 percent, above the legal limit for driving, Pizarro said

Makes me think Sarah was in on the plan because how could Jennifer slip her that much Benadryl?

Oregon Live reports that California Highway Patrol Officer Timothy Roloff testified that Jen Hart, who was driving the family’s SUV, accelerated to just 32km/h not 144 km/h as previously thought.

That took her three seconds from a standing stop near the cliff, and she pressed the gas pedal to 100 percent throttle, he said. Mr Roloff said it was “consistent with this being an intentional act”.
“How often do you apply 100 percent throttle?” he told the inquest.
He based his finding on the car’s internal air bag-deploying computer which is akin to an airplane’s “black box.”

Lesbian mums ‘drugged kids before crash’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back