CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped for focus>

When did these two get officially married in CT again? Anyone have it handy?

They became a couple in 1999 or 2000. SH changed her surname legally in July 2005, and then they married in CT in Sep 2009.

I never saw, or maybe I did and thought nothing of it, the pic of Devonte hugging the cop. I get tons of cute pics on my FB and it is possible but doubtful to me that children are identfied as to where they live.

I am sure many have seen the hilarious, &#8220;But Linda, &#8220; video where the little boy is explaining his naughty behavior. I don&#8217;t think there is any indication where that has come from.

I say this because I wonder how people knew where to send their death threats?Ferguson is a long way from their home

Law enforcement has been more open with this case than in others. They don't want to give too much info for investigation reasons and also not to deter any witnesses from coming forward.

I tell them I'll take their literature if they'll take mine (eg. a pamphlet explaining what cults are all about). They're not allowed to have it or read it, and we get put on the 'dangerous influence' list.

Buh bye, doorbell rings... :)

LOL A guy I knew a long time ago, who lived out on a country road, once saw them approaching his door and quickly took all his clothes off and answered the door. hahaha

I never saw, or maybe I did and thought nothing of it, the pic of Devonte hugging the cop. I get tons of cute pics on my FB and it is possible but doubtful to me that children are identfied as to where they live.

I am sure many have seen the hilarious, &#8220;But Linda, &#8220; video where the little boy is explaining his naughty behavior. I don&#8217;t think there is any indication where that has come from.

I say this because I wonder how people knew where to send their death threats?Ferguson is a long way from their home

attachment.php

You can see on the police officer's patch that it says Portland.

Attachments

• Fergusonhug-v2.jpg
    Fergusonhug-v2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 464
The high tide between them reported leaving Ft. Bragg and when the vehicle was first spotted was at 6:59 am on Monday, March 27.

LE has done a horrible job reporting information, with little being released and a lot of it inaccurate.

Where did this family stay on Saturday night? I seriously doubt that they camped anywhere, mostly due to the fact that the vehicle had no cargo space for a tent and enough sleeping bags. So that would mean some rooftop container. Was this shown on the parking lot surveillance or not? If there was a container, I would expect that at least some of it would have been recovered.

I wonder about that, too. If they were in Ft, Bragg for a long time, they would have needed to use facilities and stretch their legs after such a long drive. JMO

We're not the only ones who know how to sleuth. But honestly the photo (and then the family) got a lot of attention. Especially in Portland where not everyone is as open-minded as it sometimes appears.

I am sure many have seen the hilarious, “But Linda, “ video where the little boy is explaining his naughty behavior. I don’t think there is any indication where that has come from.

For me the picture stood out because it was a clear contradiction of how many people felt about the relationship between law enforcement and the black community. That relationship as a collective is filled with great mistrust so it was hard for me to see a child embracing a cop in that manner and crying and feeling safe enough to trust and share his pain with someone representative of an institution that brought so much hardship. It didn't make sense. But now that I think about it, who would be sending death threats to them over that and for what reason?

IMO

The high tide between them reported leaving Ft. Bragg and when the vehicle was first spotted was at 6:59 am on Monday, March 27.

LE has done a horrible job reporting information, with little being released and a lot of it inaccurate.

Where did this family stay on Saturday night? I seriously doubt that they camped anywhere, mostly due to the fact that the vehicle had no cargo space for a tent and enough sleeping bags. So that would mean some rooftop container. Was this shown on the parking lot surveillance or not? If there was a container, I would expect that at least some of it would have been recovered.

They were said to have arrived Sat night (8:00ish) in Fort Bragg according to the phone ping tracking, and stayed overnight in that vicinity. JH was on video buying groceries at the Safeway there Sunday morning, and they were then thought to have left Fort Bragg about 9:00 pm Sunday. (About a 25-hr stay in Fort Bragg area.)

Due to warm water in the wheel wells, they are considering that the crash may have happened late Sunday evening into the early morning hours Monday (coinciding somewhat with Monday's lowtide times, which were 1:17am to hightide at 6:59am.)

http://katu.com/news/local/jennifer-hart-may-have-been-spotted-in-fort-bragg-large-search-for-missing-kids-planned

Possible sighting, and good timeline at this link: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8182783-181/possible-fort-bragg-sighting-of

A Fort Bragg man told authorities he thought he saw the family at a knickknack shop along the highway, though he can&#8217;t recall the exact date or time, and can&#8217;t say for sure whether all eight members of the Hart family were there.

&#8220;He&#8217;s fairly convinced it was the family,&#8221; said Mendocino County sheriff&#8217;s Lt. Shannon Barney.

my step kids hadly look at a camera at our house but they are smile and face forward w mom. "look proof im a good mommie!" until the school reports her to CPS....

The Turpins were adorable and smiling in their videos.

For me the picture stood out because it was a clear contradiction of how many people felt about the relationship between law enforcement and the black community. That relationship as a collective is filled with great mistrust so it was hard for me to see a child embracing a cop in that manner and crying and feeling safe enough to trust and share his pain with someone representative of an institution that brought so much hardship. It didn't make sense. But now that I think about it, who would be sending death threats to them over that and for what reason?

IMO

To me he looks terrified in the picture.

So, assuming the vehicle went over prior to sunrise, the tides coming in, rocking the vehicle, dislodging items and people, and then going back out. Evidence could show up over time on the neighboring beaches and cliffs. Hopefully, those who are in the area will keep a look out for anything new on the coastline.

I sorta feel like he was secretly thinking "HELP ME"

I did it too. Which is why I was so disturbed by the photo of Devonte with the cop crying. I just felt like his pain was on another level and I focused my anger toward media trying to sugar coat instead of researching his family then [emoji53]

IMO

CPS shows up in a county car. it is a regular car (usually nowadays a prius or ford fusion hybrid) that has a small emblem on the door. here anyways. I know because one of the kids at my sons daycare was in his gma custody, and CPS picked him up weekly from daycare to take him to supervised visitation w his parents. :(

Wondering, does CPS show up in a marked vehicle? And, are the officers dressed in plain clothes or a uniform?

I can't imagine what the next few days were like for these kids. And to leave animals at home to perish?

Someone posted a thought about maybe Devonte somehow ran away, with the missing kids and dogs, maybe that afternoon, or maybe just before CPS showed up, --while Jen was out shopping? What if Jen thought CPS already took the missing kids? Or, the others confessed to knowing Devonte had been to the neighbors? They didn't return, and she bolted with the rest in a panic? She figured if the missing kids were returned they would take care of the animals? Devonte seems especially devoted to the one dog, and in another photo he's reading with a chicken by his side. I also wonder if Jen threatened to give the dog away as punishment and that kicked Devonte into high gear with the neighbors?

I know it is a total hope against hope scenario... But these kids did have some experience camping in nature. Without knowing their neighborhood maybe some befriended someone else? Who mistakenly is protecting them? Because extraordinary things can happen like the Turpin child managing to escape and dial 911.

It is odd that three bodies, and two dogs, are gone without a trace thus far. And no debris has shown up either...

I am going from my own experience and generalizing.

From all of the reports from MN to the last home, it was reported that they were private. Even in MN it sounds like the children did not interact with peers outside of school.

A couple of years ago, a friend came to stay with us for three months, (I thought it was for three weeks, but I will be brief). I had known her for forty years although she moved a lot so I only saw her briefly over the years, except for a three year period where she lived close.

Anyway, I discovered while staying with us that she was a pathological liar. And she was a freeloader in a clever way. She ,white, told me she had married her black (deceased) husband as a statement.

When I asked friends what they thought of her, they said that they really did not know her that well. I was trying to see if I was being unfair in my judgment,

People for short durations can show a side and fool people. But we see from what the children said that there was an ugly underbelly to the loving facade publicly presented.

It sounds like the people that &#8220;knew&#8221; them were from festivals. The one woman who &#8220;knew&#8221; them from FB reported them to CPS when they stayed with her. Actual interaction showed a different story.

I wonder if there are other people they befriended somehow and they stayed with them? It seems hard to imagine that experience was a &#8220;one of&#8221;, but no one else has come forward to say that they stayed and the experience was lovely in the home.

For anyone who has children, can you even imagine having your six children in the home day after day, all day?

Kids need physical exercise. Running in the home was a forbidden acfivity. .

here is my CPS story. BM called in a fake report. she was mad because the school had reported her for suspected abuse on the oldest and dad filed ex parte on her, and court was not going her way. so she concocted a plan w my middle step son to call a fake report and have him lie. so CPS visited each kids school unannounced. 3 different schools. of course middle child corroborated mommie's elaborate story poorly. hard for a child to keep that many lies straight. oldest and youngest told the truth. and oldest called and alerted dad immediately after he was dismissed from his cell. dad contacted CPS himself before CPS called him, and set up an appt at the CPS office. we brought along court paperwork. he told the worker that BM was mad because court is not going her way and showed him the huge file of court paperwork. he asked us what happened and we both told him. the report was closed unfounded within the week w no visit to the house. the end. (her CPS report was closed after a 30 day investigation "inconclusive w concerns" and she was referred to have therapists visit her home weekly for 6 months)

I will share a CPS story about my son and us.
When he was 4ish we lived in a building where there was two buildings. His bedroom looked out to the other buildings balconies.
Anyhow. My son was being pretty mouthy typical behaviour of a worked up child before dinner. He wouldn&#8217;t listen to anything I said or his father said. His father finally picked him up brought him to his room and spanked him. Not bare bum. Only one open hand spank. All was over and done with. Daddy and his boy talked after. My son said sorry to me. We went on with dinner.
A knock on the door a few hours later. The police! A neighbour saw the spanking and called. We allowed the police to come in. I had no clue what my rights were but I was scared!
They questioned us and my son.
All was good. Next day I was at work and my sons father just picked him up from school. CPS was at our door. Ian allowed them in and they spoke with my son and Ian.
A few days later we got a letter from CPS saying our case was closed and spoke about techniques to avoid using physical violence. All was done.
But I was scared. We were really young. We had my son at 17. I know my story is nothing like this. But I&#8217;m so glad someone did call the police although I was upset at first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member