CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 March 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering, does CPS show up in a marked vehicle? And, are the officers dressed in plain clothes or a uniform?

I can't imagine what the next few days were like for these kids. And to leave animals at home to perish?

Someone posted a thought about maybe Devonte somehow ran away, with the missing kids and dogs, maybe that afternoon, or maybe just before CPS showed up, --while Jen was out shopping? What if Jen thought CPS already took the missing kids? Or, the others confessed to knowing Devonte had been to the neighbors? They didn't return, and she bolted with the rest in a panic? She figured if the missing kids were returned they would take care of the animals? Devonte seems especially devoted to the one dog, and in another photo he's reading with a chicken by his side. I also wonder if Jen threatened to give the dog away as punishment and that kicked Devonte into high gear with the neighbors?

I know it is a total hope against hope scenario... But these kids did have some experience camping in nature. Without knowing their neighborhood maybe some befriended someone else? Who mistakenly is protecting them? Because extraordinary things can happen like the Turpin child managing to escape and dial 911.

It is odd that three bodies, and two dogs, are gone without a trace thus far. And no debris has shown up either...

I think the vehicle has a State insignia on it somewhere. I have seen them in MI. JMO

Wondering, does CPS show up in a marked vehicle? And, are the officers dressed in plain clothes or a uniform?

I can't imagine what the next few days were like for these kids. And to leave animals at home to perish?

Someone posted a thought about maybe Devonte somehow ran away, with the missing kids and dogs, maybe that afternoon, or maybe just before CPS showed up, --while Jen was out shopping? What if Jen thought CPS already took the missing kids? Or, the others confessed to knowing Devonte had been to the neighbors? They didn't return, and she bolted with the rest in a panic? She figured if the missing kids were returned they would take care of the animals? Devonte seems especially devoted to the one dog, and in another photo he's reading with a chicken by his side. I also wonder if Jen threatened to give the dog away as punishment and that kicked Devonte into high gear with the neighbors?

I know it is a total hope against hope scenario... But these kids did have some experience camping in nature. Without knowing their neighborhood maybe some befriended someone else? Who mistakenly is protecting them? Because extraordinary things can happen like the Turpin child managing to escape and dial 911.

It is odd that three bodies, and two dogs, are gone without a trace thus far. And no debris has shown up either...

IME CPS does not have marked cars. And it was always 2 women together in street clothes. Neighbor said they did leave business card stuck in door.

I hope that they thoroughly investigate this forensically. There had to have been a lot of glass and blood, if 6 people were thrown from the vehicle, unless they all were ejected out doors. Much of the blood and glass may have washed away, but not all. If they can find blood on glass or the rocks that belongs to any of the 3 missing, they can be that much closer to concluding that the 3 were victims of the crash and washed out to sea. It just seems odd to me that there is no sign of the 3, to date. No torn clothing, shoes, hair, etc? Very strange. JMO

They have searched that area quite a bit, imo. If my theory is correct and she did this late or middle of the night the suv could have been there for plenty of time for the ocean to wash everything away. Also, there has been a lot of rain.

Why when in the beginning on day one when Abigail gives police a statement that it was Jennifer who administered the beating is it ignored? The following day Sara and Jennifer are interviewed togeather by police (with plenty of time to put togeather a phony confession) Sarah lies. Did no one collaborate why the discrepancy? Something is really evil about how LE totally ignored this gigantic red flag? There is protocol that must be followed when a school notifies LE of child abuse. Why???

I apologize for quoting myself but I want answers.
:maddening:

I guess the women could have concocted their plan on the way over. But I got the impression it happened one day, Abigail reports it the next and LE interview her at the school & immediately call the women in to "the station" to interview them. IF they were separated and blindsided by the accusations, would that change anything for you? For me, since Sarah is interviewed first and "immediately" admits to this horrible act of losing control, and spanking her. She might have had a guilty conscience. Just knowing abuse probably happened and you bought your partners sob story...or maybe she did administer a normal spanking to her behind that did not leave a mark.... Then LE says well, she has bruises front and back and you've just admitted to striking this child. Either she really did administer this horrific over the tub swatting the back of the child beating and called it a spanking, or she knew the abuse happened in the bathroom because Abi told her. Abigail says in the docs no one witnessed the abuse. Nevermind says LE, will Jen corroborate Sarah's story? She sure did. Did they feel like they had their confession and offer Jen the witness card on a silver platter? They both "acknowledge" some of the facts, like causing the actual physical evidence (Sarah) & being a witness(Jen).

Now, it has been pointed out there is some privilege being afforded the women. I want to know if the child victim was presented with this concocted story to refute it wholeheartedly immediately after the fact.

The kids and if a spouse was victimized, she too, especially in this case, had some really great times. And that was part of the emotional abuse. Sarah, as an adult, is less of a victim than the kids. She might be a coconspirator still. Sarah, according to Abigail's accusations, applied an ointment on the owies. She knew something happened and that is end of story for many. Something was broken in her to not take them and run right then. Moo.

LOL. My "no solicitors" sign works fairly well, so if someone is there, I answer the door, presuming that the visit is important. Usually, it is someone who totally ignores the sign...to whom I read the riot act! The absolute, hands down WORST offenders are those "missionaries" who try to argue that they are not "soliciting"..... JMO

I tell them I'll take their literature if they'll take mine (eg. a pamphlet explaining what cults are all about). They're not allowed to have it or read it, and we get put on the 'dangerous influence' list.

Buh bye, doorbell rings... :)

Do we know how long it has been since family and friends have seen them?

imo

Friends from festivals said they had been estranged from their families for some time. One friend mentioned when they

lived in MN. they had no contact w/ family after that because parents did not approve of their parenting style.

Based on Jen's posted email during 2017, it sounded as though friends were mentioning not seeing or hearing from them.
Jen also mentioned in that email that their old phone #'s were no longer in service. She said she'd be in touch when

the time is right. She did not offer their new phone #'s.

I hope that they thoroughly investigate this forensically. There had to have been a lot of glass and blood, if 6 people were thrown from the vehicle, unless they all were ejected out doors. Much of the blood and glass may have washed away, but not all. If they can find blood on glass or the rocks that belongs to any of the 3 missing, they can be that much closer to concluding that the 3 were victims of the crash and washed out to sea. It just seems odd to me that there is no sign of the 3, to date. No torn clothing, shoes, hair, etc? Very strange. JMO

If the vehicle went over during high tide it could have been submerged for a period of time before being noticed. This would mean the lighter weight children, and evidence, would be washed out with the outgoing tide.

I had a weird dream last night.
The three (or maybe just two of them) missing children visited me.
I kind of woke up, and they were sitting very close to me, so close I couldn´t properly see them.
They didn´t say anything, but got up and left when they were sure I had seen them. I saw their legs go away.

I thought, they must be dead, otherwise they couldn´t visit me this far away. Then I "slept" again (I did the whole time - PROBABLY!)

Jeeez, dreams!

It was not eerie, it was peaceful, the kids were very calm, very pleasant kids.

They have searched that area quite a bit, imo. If my theory is correct and she did this late or middle of the night the suv could have been there for plenty of time for the ocean to wash everything away. Also, there has been a lot of rain.

She probably checked the weather[emoji53]

IMO

I had a weird dream last night.
The three (or maybe just two of them) missing children visited me.
I kind of woke up, and they were sitting very close to me, so close I couldn´t properly see them.
They didn´t say anything, but got up and left when they were sure I had seen them. I saw their legs go away.

I thought, they must be dead, otherwise they couldn´t visit me this far away. Then I "slept" again (I did the whole time - PROBABLY!)

Jeeez, dreams!

It was not eerie, it was peaceful, the kids were very calm, very pleasant kids.

Wow... sounds like they were signaling that they're with god now. [emoji1488] either way

IMO

Good point. My car has a lag time before the seatbelt ding ding goes off.

Maybe they walked the dogs there, car parked & running, and it was a gun it for the cliff as soon as they got back in?

I am agreeing with Poppyflowers theory that this happened at night. In part, because while I think this act might have been in JH's mind, if at night it's a more abstract plunge into the darkness? Also, it would not be seen by other motorists even from a distance? Was it that "spur of the moment"?

I, too wonder about the weather conditions, they said it was clear, would the moon be visable, up over the mountains, reflecting on the water?

If it was at night, would there be a way to show headlights were on?

the family habits were in the last year or two. How would these family or friends know the kids were starving or being

beaten or held prisoner? They wouldn't. Family and friends want these two women to die in peace and save their

reputation. End of rant.

I personally love this family friend quote. In one sentence they "always travel in a pack". The next, Sarah comes to Portland alone in 2012, gets a job, Jen and the kids ("the pack, I guess) travel separately.

The family, he said, always traveled as a pack.

Ribner said that Sarah Hart first came out to Portland around 2012 to look for a job and to see if the area would be a good fit for their family. They'd been living Alexandria, Minnesota, a small town of 13,000 northwest of Minneapolis.

She found a job at Kohl's. Jennifer and the kids joined her sometime in 2013, he said.

"I think there was an openness of community out here that gave them some breathing room from the challenges they had in Minnesota."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2018/03/hart_familys_idyllic_public_im.html

He's poetic, "they" needed some breathing room...from those non-existent cross burnings?...challenges in MN. No doubt Portland is a neat place. I'd love to runaway to Oregon!!! I mean, I'm sure that is coloring my view. Sarah was probably traveling there ahead of her family to secure a job and housing.... year after she's pled guilty to abuse covering for her partner.

When did these two get officially married in CT again? Anyone have it handy?

Who knows what was said to these children to get them to smile and take good pictures. Smiling and looking happy could have been a way that they sought out rewards. Like "see, I'm being good and well behaved"

IMO

The Turpins were adorable and smiling in their videos.

Maybe they never answer the door.
I, for one, do not feel compelled to answer a door, or phone for that matter, simply because it's ringing. I don't like people in my home unless I know them well and are expecting them. The exception being my brother, who sometimes surprises me, but is allowed to do so.

I'm a sucker for kids selling stuff but can't generally afford to buy, and have no interest in a new religion, so if I don't know you're coming, I'm probably not answering.

If I were of the nefarious persuasion, I would be even worse, I guess.

My stepson's mother had him so frightened of CPS (because she's a blankety-blank-blank) that he would hide behind furniture whenever anyone came to our door, even at our house not his mom's. That was incredibly disturbing :(

Who knows what was said to these children to get them to smile and take good pictures. Smiling and looking happy could have been a way that they sought out rewards. Like "see, I'm being good and well behaved"

IMO

I agree.

I smiled in all my pictures growing up, despite living in a miserable and traumatic environment. I don't know why I did. I guess I felt like I was supposed to. When you feel powerless and without a choice, you are kind of conditioned to do what's expected. I never consider smiling pictures evidence. I don't know how many cases I've followed where the child(ren) look "happy," but were being terribly abused or neglected. JMO

I agree.

I smiled in all my pictures growing up, despite living in a miserable and traumatic environment. I don't know why I did. I guess I felt like I was supposed to. When you feel powerless and without a choice, you are kind of conditioned to do what's expected. I never consider smiling pictures evidence. I don't know how many cases I've followed where the child(ren) look "happy," but were being terribly abused or neglected. JMO

I did it too. Which is why I was so disturbed by the photo of Devonte with the cop crying. I just felt like his pain was on another level and I focused my anger toward media trying to sugar coat instead of researching his family then [emoji53]

IMO

Finally found what time the call was placed when the car was found. - 3:39pm. If my theory is correct and she drove off the cliff late in the middle of the night, the SUV was there for waaaay long enough for all of their items and the 3 (+pets?) kids missing to be pulled out to sea :(

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8156984-181/up-to-five-dead-in

The CHP said a motorist spotted the car at 3:39 p.m., launching an hourslong recovery that continued past dark, drawing multiple agencies to the remote scene about 30 minutes from Fort Bragg. Firefighters rappelled down the cliff to reach the partially submerged car, said CHP Officer Brian Henderson, part of two-man helicopter crew from the agency’s Northern Division Air Operations base in Redding that participated in the recovery.

If the vehicle went over during high tide it could have been submerged for a period of time before being noticed. This would mean the lighter weight children, and evidence, would be washed out with the outgoing tide.

The high tide between them reported leaving Ft. Bragg and when the vehicle was first spotted was at 6:59 am on Monday, March 27.

LE has done a horrible job reporting information, with little being released and a lot of it inaccurate.

Where did this family stay on Saturday night? I seriously doubt that they camped anywhere, mostly due to the fact that the vehicle had no cargo space for a tent and enough sleeping bags. So that would mean some rooftop container. Was this shown on the parking lot surveillance or not? If there was a container, I would expect that at least some of it would have been recovered.

Family-of-five-including-three-children-feared-dead-after-car-plunges-100ft-from-cliff-into-paci.jpg
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/two-mums-six-children-feared-12270159

So March adoption anniversary has just passed and Sarah's birthday is coming up in April. All.the.dates are to be celebrated.

It is so hard to be patient. Stuff has to trickle out eventually, right? If they both thrived or if Sarah struggled to make changes in private or with coworkers.

Still looking for date of official marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor