Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the school quit reporting when they ate out of the garbage? This enrages me. They knew these kids were not geting enough to eat and were punished.

I don’t get it? Why did they get a pass?

I understood it to mean the school stopped reporting it to the "parents" because they realized the kids were being punished as a result.

I instantly jump to what on earth did these women do to 6 children to get them to lay motionless on their backs with masks over their eyes???? My kids would never, not for 5 minutes, not 6 of them in close proximity. No way. It would take an enormous amount of fear to make 6 children to lie still for hours on end blindfolded. Enormous. Children wiggle and giggle and twitch and itch and mess with each other and create all kinds of amusing new noises and contortions when they are asked to sit still even for a few minutes. I suspect these children were afraid of much worse things.

Benadryl? Seemed to be the drug of choice, at least, in the end.

That's what I really cannot comprehend. Given their history and all the circumstances in those documents, WHY were they not asked to sign a parenting safety plan that included following up with the same doctor a certain number of times in the next year????

IMO, Jen and Sarah were skilled liars and manipulators. They spun things in such a way, any issue was placed back on the kids. They knew ALL the buzz words to say, to paint themselves in the best light and their kids in the worst
2. I also think there was plenty of balls being dropped by cps, they are over worked, and have too many cases. The Harts cleverly evaded timely evaluations, some how Jen could wisk the kids away on a road trip to avoid scrutiny. We believe in naturopathy, we only see MD's in an emergency etc. (Nautropaths are doctors and anyone worth their salt red flags would see something, but I'm guess medical evaluations are few and far between and only after HEAVY coaching and space from a physical incident

<modsnip>

Why would he think they would be split up?

IMO

I am guessing but this is typical. There had been CPS involvement. I imagine that the momsters told the kids if there were anymore CPS reports they would be taken and sent to foster homes. No one would want a bunch of losers like,them so they would be split up, They were lucky that great people like them were willing to take all of their nasty little selves. No one else would.

Will someone post what they believe to be one of the last known photos? (Is it the bad yoga pants photo in front of the big white house?) Are there any photos from WA?

Reading the CPS documents I noticed none of the kids talked about friends or their own social circles. Other than stealing food at school, I guess. Is that not something the social workers would ask about? It stands out especially because they were so isolated other than the music festival scene. Socialization and friendships are important for kids.

I seriously can't imagine, if this situation had happened to me, that I could just shut my eyes and give the child back to the parents the child is accusing of child abuse, without so much as even a phonecall to LE. I don't want to judge the neighbors by any means, because that would have put them in a terrible position, and they're right - kids can say things that aren't true - but.. to have this happen in the middle of the night, and apparently it was the first time the neighbors had seen *anything* in physical form, of the children, it's just all too unimaginable.

And the fact she had climbed from an upstairs window, and been stuck with blackberries.. this would have been meaningless to me to read this, except for the fact that last summer my next door neighbor had planted a garden (on my property), which was full of big beautiful blackberries.. and there was me, hoping to instead cop some raspberries, seeing the blackberries.. and so I walked into them to get some.. and I was literally terrified and had a moment of anxiety that I wasn't going to be able to get out of it without assistance. Those things are NASTY. For her to have gone through all of that, to go to an unknown neighbor's home in the middle of night to express allegations of abuse.. surely there's something there... way too much to be solely on the plate of the neighbor to deal with and make a judgement call (or non-call!).

^^^^

I too am surprised the DeKalbs didn't call LE that night. Blackberry brambles *hurt* she must have been terrified and, it must have been dire, absolutely dire for her to risk it all like that. I can only imagine how much worse she got it, once the Harts got her back.

Dana's Dad was disturbed enough he did the right thing and called even if it was months late. I am sure Dana will never sleep right again.

I gasped when I saw that photo. OMG.
Im stunned. They are so thin. Poor babies How could any authority, medical or otherwise ignore these children's size and weight? And not follow up. Its horrific. They had to know the Harts were lying. I hope the adoption system changes especially in Texas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IMO, Jen and Sarah were skilled liars and manipulators. They spun things in such a way, any issue was placed back on the kids. They knew ALL the buzz words to say, to paint themselves in the best light and their kids in the worst
2. I also think there was plenty of balls being dropped by cps, they are over worked, and have too many cases. The Harts cleverly evaded timely evaluations, some how Jen could wisk the kids away on a road trip to avoid scrutiny. We believe in naturopathy, we only see MD's in an emergency etc. (Nautropaths are doctors and anyone worth their salt red flags would see something, but I'm guess medical evaluations are few and far between and only after HEAVY coaching and space from a physical incident

<modnsip>

And the State of Oregon knew they were "skilled liars and manipulators" from day one, from the contact with the State of Minnesota.

But still, there is nothing about a card being left, other than the surmising of the neighbors?

In this article:
http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/oregon-cps-knew-of-hart-family-abuse-allegations-in-mn/1136220858

"The Washington CPS investigators deemed the living situation to be "immediately dangerous or unhealthy," and sent a social worker to the family's Woodland home that day, on March 23. The family didn't answer the door, and no movement was noticed. The social worker left a card.

Three days later &#8211; after the weekend &#8211; social workers tried to make contact again. The card had been removed; DeKalb would later tell investigators that the family had left on Friday shortly after the social worker drove away from the home."

BBM

I am guessing but this is typical. There had been CPS involvement. I imagine that the momsters told the kids if there were anymore CPS reports they would be taken and sent to foster homes. No one would want a bunch of losers like,them so they would be split up, They were lucky that great people like them were willing to take all of their nasty little selves. No one else would.

Plus, I just recalled, Devonte, Jeremiah, and Ciera had already lost their oldest brother, because the Harts did not want him.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why the focus on an international registry for abuse cases? Oregon State KNEW about six abuse allegations in Minnesota, with two of them, I believe, being what they call "founded" and one having resulted in SH being arrested. This was in addition to the TWO separate complaints filed in Oregon. THEY KNEW. THEY KNEW. THEY KNEW. THEY KNEW.

Why would he think they would be split up?

IMO

Because every state currently has a shortage of foster families and foster families that will take in more than one child at a time, much less 6 children, are almost nonexistent. We often worked with the foster caseworkers and I can't think of a single case in which a family that consisted of more than 2 siblings were able to stay together. They're almost always split up. Even if the Harts were using that as a threat to the children just to be mean (and they probably were), it's still unfortunately pretty true. It's really sad. There's a real need for GOOD foster families out there.

It won't let me attach the photo but at this link is a photo from about the time they first got the kids?

Poor sweet Markis looks like such a regular, average boy here. Not looking malnourished, sickly or jaw bones protruding...

http://media.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/photo/Hart family photo scrapbook.png
I agree. So sad. The girls were just babies and Sarah tells everyone the girls had food issues before they were adopted?

I agree. So sad. The girls were just babies and Sarah tells everyone the girls had food issues before they were adopted?

These pictures are just heartbreaking. Such gorgeous, innocent, hopeful-looking, and healthy-looking little ones. How could anyone look at them and see only things to own, control &#8211; and ultimately destroy?

I think the doctor means that without previously examining them, she wouldn't be able to tell whether or not that the small size was due to their previous, before-the-adoption condition, or it was a current problem. However, wouldn't that be flagged for an automatic follow-up doctor visit?
They were skin and bones! Quite a few years had passed since they were adopted. Plenty of time to put on weight if they werent starved!

I understood it to mean the school stopped reporting it to the "parents" because they realized the kids were being punished as a result.

Exactly. But why did the school not report the starvation? They could have reported continuoulsy but did not.

As a teacher, I would not discuss with a parent infractions that a child made if I thought the child would get punished at home. Not because of abuse, but harshly. But starving at school is reportable. Why not?

RE: Hannah. She didn't loose her permanent front teeth until May 2012. The details about the shoved banana incident is dated 2011. Makes me wonder, however, with the comments about Hannah being disrespectful and also actively seeking out other food sources and reporting the lack of food, that the loss of the front teeth later on is related to this ongoing issue. I really don't believe Jen's account that she tripped and fell. These newly released details show just how brutal and cruel Jen was capable of being over the tiniest of infractions.
I agree. I think that's why Hannah was never taken to the dentist.

Re: the sizes/weights. Underweight, small stature, even malnourishment might not be a cause for immediate alarm (my son had issues when he was around 6 and it turned out to be celiac disease). Certain genetic conditions can make children look much younger than they are and certain conditions can make it difficult for children to maintain healthy weights. However, the fact that all 6 of them had this going on, including children who were not biologically related to one another, is shocking. I understand that the doctor didn't have previous records in which to refer to, but at the very least this should have been considered as a less intensive case. (Basically opened as a case through Family Preservation with the children's weights and physical health regularly checked upon. It would have been VERY non-obtrusive.)

Then again, I have a strong suspicion that even if a case HAD been opened, they would've figured out a way to play by the rules. It wouldn't have been opened indefinitely, only 6 months or so (maybe less). They could have pulled the wool over people's eyes for that amount of time. Not that that's an excuse for dropping the ball on this, though. We had cases opened for a lot less.

Re: the sizes/weights. Underweight, small stature, even malnourishment might not be a cause for immediate alarm (my son had issues when he was around 6 and it turned out to be celiac disease). Certain genetic conditions can make children look much younger than they are and certain conditions can make it difficult for children to maintain healthy weights. However, the fact that all 6 of them had this going on, including children who were not biologically related to one another, is shocking. I understand that the doctor didn't have previous records in which to refer to, but at the very least this should have been considered as a less intensive case. (Basically opened as a case through Family Preservation with the children's weights and physical health regularly checked upon. It would have been VERY non-obtrusive.)

Then again, I have a strong suspicion that even if a case HAD been opened, they would've figured out a way to play by the rules. It wouldn't have been opened indefinitely, only 6 months or so (maybe less). They could have pulled the wool over people's eyes for that amount of time. Not that that's an excuse for dropping the ball on this, though. We had cases opened for a lot less.

But in this case, there were several adults saying the food withholding was an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz