Deceased/Not Found Ca - Hannah,16 (fnd dec), Devonte,15, (dec nf) Ciera Hart,12 (fnd dec),mendocino Cty,26 Mar 2018 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't spend it on food for them. Or school expenses. Or the usual teen expenses===going to movies with friends, hanging at the mall and having In and Out burgers, with other kids from school, driving lessons, manicures, the pizza parlor, school football games. Having teens is very expensive, which is why mine had part time jobs.---Which helped prepare them for adulthood and future career goals.

And it really makes me sad that these 6 beautiful souls missed out on all of that.

I should not be surprised after seeing the smiling Turpins, but to see these darling kids smiling like they are having fun and knowing two mins later they were back to hell. There was no joy. None.

Not even with the smiles because they knew what life was going to be like in the next minute.

All of those years with those monsters. I wonder how those incessantly long drives were with Jen? No talking. No laughing. No singing. And a banan each. Maybe, if they were good.

Can you imagine the accolades that woman got at those festivals? Mother of the year. Humanitarian par excellance.

Sarah could have run away. She was alone for months at a time. And Jen was in love with another.

On my FB I am watching a person I know talk about missing her ex MIL who died.

She told me of all of the abuse that woman did . This was over the course of years, Now she is pretending to be sad and people are buying into,it.

There is a woman where I lkve who truly is unattractive and she is at least 50-75 pounds overweight.

Somehow she posts pics of her much thinner and younger and people comment on how beautiful she is.

What makes people make up fake lives?

Like Jen. She posed pictures and instructed the kids how to look. Did this grow organically?

I know with Munchausen by proxy, they get sympathy and love it so,they make up fake tragedy illnesses,

Did Jen get praise somehow and then this grew into what it became?

Will someone post what they believe to be one of the last known photos? (Is it the bad yoga pants photo in front of the big white house?) Are there any photos from WA?

I've been asking this numerous times. A recent last family photo of all of them together would be good.

Interesting that Jen was obsessed with another woman and that Jen wanted to leave Sara for her.

I read that episode as Jen being awkwardly effusive, trying to flatter the social worker she had to allow in her home – someone she perceived as having dangerous power over her and her kids. And she was so clumsy about it that it creeped the social worker out, to the point that the social worker made a note of the oddness of this interaction.

I suspect such awkwardness/inappropriateness of verbal self presentation may have been typical for Jen, and may be why Sarah was the one who made any contact needed with 'authorities'. Lots of the notes in the DHS report hint that the workers found Jen to be self-aggrandizing, melodramatic, and either un-genuine or else disturbed in her affect – but while she raised their hinky meter, they had no concrete actions to confirm their suspicions that something was seriously 'off' with her. So they just made circumspect notes of any oddness in Jen's affect, in the event that they could be helpful if the case ever needed to be revisited.

Unfortunately, that revisiting never happened until it was too late for the kids she had trapped in her orbit.

JMO

Because every state currently has a shortage of foster families and foster families that will take in more than one child at a time, much less 6 children, are almost nonexistent. We often worked with the foster caseworkers and I can't think of a single case in which a family that consisted of more than 2 siblings were able to stay together. They're almost always split up. Even if the Harts were using that as a threat to the children just to be mean (and they probably were), it's still unfortunately pretty true. It's really sad. There's a real need for GOOD foster families out there.

So the actual fact that these women wanted to adopt 6 kids was a red flag just by itself do you think? It's pretty much unheard of by what you're saying it seems.

I am guessing but this is typical. There had been CPS involvement. I imagine that the momsters told the kids if there were anymore CPS reports they would be taken and sent to foster homes. No one would want a bunch of losers like,them so they would be split up, They were lucky that great people like them were willing to take all of their nasty little selves. No one else would.

The momsters - good name. I'll use that too.

Thats my question also. It seems they both were down right mean. No heart. No love. No empathy. Maybe they wanted to spend the money they got on themselves and not food for the kids. Just evil women all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hartless momsters.

I know that they often withheld food as a punishment, but what was the point of feeding them so little in general? Any thoughts?

I suspect they had major food issues of their own, and projected them onto the kids. The strange fixation on food, withholding, lying about tiny Hannah being obese, and misplaced emotion over food (the pizza episode, the made up stories about the foster kid eating from the garbage) seem like elements of an eating disorder. Someone mentioned Munchhausen by Proxy earlier, and I wonder if that ever presents in a food-dysfunctional way.

I bet that was because he was too old to get paid for by the state.

:cow:

I believe he was significantly older than Devonte. His name was Dontay (Davis). I think at the time of the adoption the younger three were 1, 3 and 4 and Dontay was 9.

It's mentioned in a couple of those Oregon articles, but I don't think it's clear what happened to him.

So the actual fact that these women wanted to adopt 6 kids was a red flag just by itself do you think? It's pretty much unheard of by what you're saying it seems.

Adoption and fostering don't always follow the same rules. There are a lot more people on the adoption list than the fostering list, for one thing. The often temporary nature of fostering turns a lot of people off. The fact that they were willing to adopt so many older children? Both unusual and not unusual. Unusual in that it's rather difficult for older children to get adopted in the first place, but not unusual in that people who adopt older children tend to adopt more than one child. There are lots of adoptive parents who prefer to keep siblings together. I have friends who have adopted 4 older children from Guatemala (ages 2,5,6, and 6). Each adoption had about 2 years between them. Over on the Turpin board we're discussing the importance of keeping the kids together and how that may/may not be beneficial to them at present time. If someone with adequate means had come forward and expressed interest in take all of them at once and providing for them, many people would probably find that commendable. It DOES happen. What I do think is a little unusual is that they adopted so close together. There was only about 2 years between them. While my friend's adoptions only had 2 between hers, she was also only bringing in one single child at a time. Integrating an older child into the family has its good times and difficult times, even in the best of times. Adopting three at once and then bringing in another small "group" not long after might not have raised any red flags, but I bet it raised some eyebrows-but maybe in a GOOD way. In our office, I can't imagine anyone having said anything negative about it.

http://katu.com/news/local/punishme...-family-friend-seeks-change-to-honor-children

I think this article has been posted before but am reposting as it seems to show a fairly recent photo of the children and SH.

If someone can pull this pic from FB and repost it as a better shot that would be helpful. The three girls appear similar heights in this shot. Or if there is an even more recent picture of all 8 that would be good. Does anyone know if any FB pictures were posted by them that last weekend?

I only just realized that I'd read the wrong version of the CPS documents from scribd, which were only 12 pages when downloaded. If you go to the KATU embedded pictures of the documents instead you can read all 30 pages with the extra details like Jen being reported as obsessed with one friend and wanting to leave Sarah, and also much more in depth accounts of disturbing incidents by concerned friends/family and reported 'facts' by the two mothers. Note that both Sarah and Jenn give practically identical statements of their personal histories and interests.

For some reason I couldn't copy the embedded files and the link leads to an error on scribd now, but at least the full report is readable.

Edited to add: The claim by the friend that Jenn saw the kids as 'animals' before they adopted them, and that she was their savior is particularly disgusting. Note that one of the kids (Markis) was clearly coached to say how grateful he was to have been rescued and transformed by his mothers. :sick:

I read that episode as Jen being awkwardly effusive, trying to flatter the social worker she had to allow in her home – someone she perceived as having dangerous power over her and her kids. And she was so clumsy about it that it creeped the social worker out, to the point that the social worker made a note of the oddness of this interaction.

I suspect such awkwardness/inappropriateness of verbal self presentation may have been typical for Jen, and may be why Sarah was the one who made any contact needed with 'authorities'. Lots of the notes in the DHS report hint that the workers found Jen to be self-aggrandizing, melodramatic, and either un-genuine or else disturbed in her affect – but while she raised their hinky meter, they had no concrete actions to confirm their suspicions that something was seriously 'off' with her. So they just made circumspect notes of any oddness in Jen's affect, in the event that they could be helpful if the case ever needed to be revisited.

Unfortunately, that revisiting never happened until it was too late for the kids she had trapped in her orbit.

JMO

I didn't get the impression they were talking about a social worker. I got the impression it was one of the two people who reported the abuse.

I am guessing but this is typical. There had been CPS involvement. I imagine that the momsters told the kids if there were anymore CPS reports they would be taken and sent to foster homes. No one would want a bunch of losers like,them so they would be split up, They were lucky that great people like them were willing to take all of their nasty little selves. No one else would.

After reading snippets of the reports i think even they were doing even more horrible acts to the children and were scared it would all come out. That ride might have been some sort of punishment too

IMO

JMO

The anon person making the report is the one who told the social worker about Jen being obsessed with her.

The anon person making the report is the one who told the social worker about Jen being obsessed with her.
Which link is this in? I read the report made by the anonymous person re the pizza incident. Is it in that part and I missed it? I sometimes tend to skim but would be interested in seeing this reference to another woman, if anyone can point me in the right direction. TIA!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Which link is this in? I read the report made by the anonymous person re the pizza incident. Is it in that part and I missed it? I sometimes tend to skim but would be interested in seeing this reference to another woman, if anyone can point me in the right direction. TIA!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's towards the end of the CPS report, not the article. You have to get inside the report and scroll down. The person making the report told the social worker that Jen was obsessed with her and wanted to leave Sarah for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx