CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#MeToo: Hashtag Becomes Anti-Sexual Harassment and Assault Rallying Cry
by Elizabeth Chuck

The tweets and Facebook posts came flooding in: from actors and other celebrities, from women not normally in the spotlight, even from some men.

On Sunday night, after a tweet from actor Alyssa Milano, social media was inundated with personal stories of being the victims of sexual harassment or assault.

"Suggested by a friend: If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote 'Me too' as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem," Milano posted on Twitter...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...exual-harassment-assault-rallying-cry-n810986

NYPD Probing Two Allegations Against Harvey Weinstein
by Tom Winter and Jonathan Dienst

The NYPD is investigating two credible allegations of sexual assault made against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, a senior law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the matter told NBC News.

Both allegations are separate from a 2015 complaint filed by Italian model Ambra Battilana, which the NYPD investigated but the Manhattan district attorney decided not to prosecute...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nypd-probing-two-allegations-against-harvey-weinstein-n811066

“Harvey Weinstein was happy to lend both moral and financial support to his friend Bill Clinton back in 1998 when the then-commander-in-chief's affair with a much younger female employee almost cost him his job.

The Hollywood producer was among a handful of stars who cut a $10,000 check to offset the costs of Clinton's legal defense fund after the president was discovered to have lied about his relationship with White House intern Monica Lewisnky while under oath according to The Washington Post.

Clinton, who was 49 at the time, perjured himself by claiming that he and Lewinsky, then 22, did not have an intimate relationship while the college student was working at the White House.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...linton-10K-Monica-Lewinsky.html#ixzz4vhm9uA2b

#MeToo: Hashtag Becomes Anti-Sexual Harassment and Assault Rallying Cry
by Elizabeth Chuck

The tweets and Facebook posts came flooding in: from actors and other celebrities, from women not normally in the spotlight, even from some men.

On Sunday night, after a tweet from actor Alyssa Milano, social media was inundated with personal stories of being the victims of sexual harassment or assault.

"Suggested by a friend: If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote 'Me too' as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem," Milano posted on Twitter...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...exual-harassment-assault-rallying-cry-n810986

I'm seeing this all over FB and I realized I've always assumed it's true for every woman. :(

We know me too = all of us.

His parents were proud he worked on that movie? WTH?
It goes to shows what I mean about him, and his being worshiped as the end all, be all of filmdome.
He still has has defenders on Facebook. That claim it's perfectly ok that he married Soon Yi, because she was not his adopted daughter. Even though in his own words he was fatherly to her. Ewwwwwwww. The sicko groomed her. I fear for their children.

He should change his name to Weinerstein

I have a friend that went to college for film editing. She moved to LA about 6 years ago and is very good at what she does. She was warned very early in her career to never be in a room with him alone.

Woody Allen’s Weinstein Comments Example of ‘Men Protecting Men,’ Activist Says
by Elizabeth Chuck

Woody Allen's comments on the sexual harassment scandal is yet another example of "men protecting men," says the president of the largest women's organization in the world.

For Allen, the famed Hollywood director who in 1993 was accused of molesting his 7-year-old adopted daughter, offering thoughts on the Weinstein allegations was a minefield to begin with, women's rights advocates and attorneys say. The allegations, which were lodged in the context of a child custody dispute, has never been proven, and Allen has denied them.

But instead of carefully tiptoeing through, Allen made it worse by downplaying the claims as rumors and by warning against a potential "witch hunt" of men in Hollywood, the advocates say...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-example-men-protecting-men-activist-n811076

It is absolutely shocking that the disgusting behaviour dates back to the 1980s and it has taken this long for the story to break.

I am truly sorry to all woman who have been sexually harassed and much worse. It is never behaviour I have or would ever engage in. My Grandmother used to say to me when I was growing up that I should treat women properly the way I would want my daughter treated. I don’t have any children but I have always treated everyone with respect male and female in all areas of life.

It is absolutely shocking that the disgusting behaviour dates back to the 1980s and it has taken this long for the story to break.

I am truly sorry to all woman who have been sexually harassed and much worse. It is never behaviour I have or would ever engage in. My Grandmother used to say to me when I was growing up that I should treat women properly the way I would want my daughter treated. I don’t have any children but I have always treated everyone with respect male and female in all areas of life.

:tyou: :loveyou:

I have a friend that went to college for film editing. She moved to LA about 6 years ago and is very good at what she does. She was warned very early in her career to never be in a room with him alone.

RSBM

Going to try to say this carefully ---and I mean no disrespect to anyone to whom this doesn't apply : I wish some of the people who knew or saw what HW did had spoken out before now. Referring to those who had careers that were pretty solid , and who might have had the means to go after him. People he couldn't really hurt.
Or is that wishful thinking ?? :(

RSBM

Going to try to say this carefully ---and I mean no disrespect to anyone to whom this doesn't apply : I wish some of the people who knew or saw what HW did had spoken out before now. Referring to those who had careers that were pretty solid , and who might have had the means to go after him. People he couldn't really hurt.
Or is that wishful thinking ?? :(

Some did come forward. A case from a few years ago was reported to NYC cops....and they dropped the investigation (I think they have reopened the case?) Gwenyth Paltrow told Brad Pitt. Some told other people in the industry Some told lawyers. Some told family. Some told friends. Some told no one.

But that is the past. I don't understand the point of telling people what they should've done in the past. They can't go back in time and change it. So if they were quiet in the past, should they remain quiet forever? I don't understand that logic.

I was harassed and I was attacked on jobs. I didn't tell a soul. IT IS SCARY TO TELL and support cannot be guaranteed. In fact, criticism and blame are pretty much guaranteed....and I was capable of doing that to myself.

jmopinion

Some did come forward. A case from a few years ago was reported to NYC cops....and they dropped the investigation (I think they have reopened the case?) Gwenyth Paltrow told Brad Pitt. Some told other people in the industry Some told lawyers. Some told family. Some told friends. Some told no one.

But that is the past. I don't understand the point of telling people what they should've done in the past. They can't go back in time and change it. So if they were quiet in the past, should they remain quiet forever? I don't understand that logic.

I was harassed and I was attacked on jobs. I didn't tell a soul. IT IS SCARY TO TELL and support cannot be guaranteed. In fact, criticism and blame are pretty much guaranteed....and I was capable of doing that to myself.

jmopinion
SABBM

Those are good points to consider. And no --they shouldn't remain quiet -- I mean now. I think it's good for those who are speaking out. But not trying to blame anyone who chooses to remain silent.
Needed to re-word my comment.

I am sorry for what you went through !!

But it's nice to think that maybe the film industry can change ? And people --esp. producers, directors, etc. -- should start treating people with the same consideration they expect for themselves ?

"[Scott] Rosenberg stayed quiet and Weinstein continued throwing his parties.

'I am eternally sorry. To all of the women that had to suffer this…I am eternally sorry. I’ve worked with Mira (Sorvino) and Rosanna (Arquette) and Lysette (Anthony). I’ve known Rose (McGowan) and Ashley (Judd) and Claire (Forlani) for years…Their courage only hangs a lantern on my shame. And I am eternally sorry to all those who suffered in silence all this time. And have chosen to remain silent today,' he wrote."

BBM. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/scott-rosenberg-f-king-knew-weinstein-article-1.3567666

Some still don't want to talk about it, even as so many women are coming forward. I understand that. I respect that. I hope a day comes when women (and men...because men can be harassed, raped, coerced, shamed, etc. too) don't hesitate. We're not there yet.

Blaming women for being silent - on top of blaming them for whatever else - doesn't help solve the problem.

jMYopinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back