CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he tossed the cutting instrument in the marshlands. Or maybe that's why he went to the salvage yard--he secreted it in one of the cars there..

That's kind of what i thought when I heard about the trip to the scrapyard. LR didn't take anything, so I figured he had to be leaving something...I never would have thought sword, though. I was thinking more of a blunt instrument, used to beat Hassani. The sword idea is just making me sick.

Great question, but I believe that in order for decomp to be scented by the dogs, it has to be at least an hour or a few hours old to get the right scent of parts per million that the cadaver dog can pick up on. Beyond that, I would think that there would have been other physical evidence in the car like urine from evacuation? I think what most struck me about the article was the DNA swabs and the fact that scent dogs didnt track him outside of the car. I hope they took scent dogs to the salvage yard as well. And in case I didn't state the obvious, scent/tracker and cadaver dogs have different specialties in terms of scenting. Wonder if they have taken any cadaver dogs out?

He may not have been dead in the car.
He may have been injured.
Or he may have driven him to a location and killed him and disposed of the body there. Therefore no body in the car. If there was a sword involved that would explain any dna swabs if the weapon went back in the car but Hasanni didn't. Just a thought.

He may not have been dead in the car.
He may have been injured.
Or he may have driven him to a location and killed him and disposed of the body there. Therefore no body in the car. If there was a sword involved that would explain any dna swabs if the weapon went back in the car but Hasanni didn't. Just a thought.

BBM --

That's what I was thinking when I heard LE took DNA swabs. What else would they have to swab?

I also find the latex gloves interesting. I mean, who carries latex gloves in their car? I doubt even someone taking a med asst course or volunteer class, whatever, would. Do we even know if he really was taking that class? Maybe it was just supposed to be his "cover" for why he'd have gloves in his car . . . .

BBM --

That's what I was thinking when I heard LE took DNA swabs. What else would they have to swab?

I also find the latex gloves interesting. I mean, who carries latex gloves in their car? I doubt even someone taking a med asst course or volunteer class, whatever, would. Do we even know if he really was taking that class? Maybe it was just supposed to be his "cover" for why he'd have gloves in his car . . . .

Maybe he's really particular about baby poop accidents. Personally, poop no longer phases me, but some folks are pretty freaked out by it.

Just tossing out non-nefarious reasons for the gloves... not that I necessarily believe them, because it's hard to get passed the bad reasons... but I do think there are all sorts of reasons for having them.

... If he bought the pack for criminal purposes why would he retain any of them in the car, though? Not quite a smart move.

Do you think someone saw him with something resembling a sword on that Monday? How else would they come up with that or a similar cutting instrument to be on the look out for? It's not your everyday item. This is getting stranger.

Do you think someone saw him with something resembling a sword on that Monday? How else would they come up with that or a similar cutting instrument to be on the look out for? It's not your everyday item. This is getting stranger.

I was thinking on this. Perhaps a relative mentioned a sword that the family happened to own as a collector's item, and LE simply wanted to take it into the lab... but then the addition of "or other cutting instrument" really does stumps me... I think the idea that someone saw him with it is a good call, though. Or perhaps they found neat cut marks in the upholstery (or something of that ilk) and want to see what made them?

ETA: But, yes - strange... Sword? WTH?

I wonder if they checked the lawnmower blades. They could have been put back on, and voila - "cutting instrument" hidden in plain sight.

There has got to be something that lead investigators to specifically spell out "sword or other cutting instrument." They have a reason for it, something was obviously found in the car and they haven't released it. JMO
What could it have been?
The obvious is blood...any other thoughts?

One thing that crossed my mind was maybe he threatened someone with a sword in the past and that person came forward...or they found slash type marks in the seats of the BMW. Those are the only things I can come up with.

ETA: One more. There might be upholstery missing from the car or the trunk of the car and the lab was able to say with some certainty what made the cuts.

I, too, was wondering what would make them come up with something so specific if they didn't have a body to go off of. My vote would be for a witness saw him with one that day or someone knew he had one. If so, where did it go since it states LE didn't find one? LE HAD to have a reason for looking for one.

Isn't it interesting how LR has been all over the news bashing media and LE and defending himself. Then it's released he didn't pass his LDT and suddenly he's refusing interviews?!? :rolleyes:

No scent of Hassani at the shoe store...Hmmm, who'd a guessed? No blood or scent of death in the car or the house. That means the dirty deed happened in the open.

LE were searching the parks. Mind, the parks here are more like reserves. Deep gullies and lots of trails that lead miles into forests. I've never been to Coyote or Roberts Regional Park, but I've been to Redwood. I used to live in Montclair by the infamous Hans Reiser who buried Nina in Redwood.

Example. My husband, daughter and I took a walk in Redwood one day. She lagged behind. We doubled back when we realized she was gone. She was climbing up a hill asking "didn't you hear me screaming?" She slid off the trail down into a gully. We'd heard nothing. Sound doesn't travel upwards. There are miles and miles of these trails. Completely secluded areas.

A sword? A knife? Nah, don't believe it. I'd so hate to be LR.

Here is the link to the current story on KTVU.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20467597/detail.html

What sticks out to me is the following:

"KTVU also learned from authorities that certain evidence indicates it is unlikely Hasanni wandered off.

Law enforcement sources told KTVU that search dogs never led their handlers on what's called a "hot trail" on the afternoon Hasanni disappeared, meaning the dogs never picked up a scent that led handlers away from the lot."

To me this makes the foster dad's story less plausible. That would mean someone, with in about 2 minutes, would have to open the car door, remove Hassanni from his seat/seatbelt/booster seat, take him to a waiting vehicle and disappear in to thin air. I just don't see that happening in such a busy area at 4 oclock in the afternoon!

Praying for Hassani's safe return...

I wonder if they checked the lawnmower blades. They could have been put back on, and voila - "cutting instrument" hidden in plain sight.

That is brilliant, but you're scaring me. :crazy:

A thought on the sword..maybe they found a receipt in the car that had a vague description on it that could be a sword or knife?

The latex gloves don't really surprise me. My mother uses them all the time for cleaning, cleaning chemicals bother her skin. She also uses them when cutting meats. I also dated a guy that was very OCD. He was a machanic and didn't like his hands to be dirty so he used them while at work.

I'm not saying I really believe LR but I don't like to believe people are capable of doing horrible things. I try to think positive until I hear otherwise.

"KTVU also learned from authorities that certain evidence indicates it is unlikely Hasanni wandered off.

Law enforcement sources told KTVU that search dogs never led their handlers on what's called a "hot trail" on the afternoon Hasanni disappeared, meaning the dogs never picked up a scent that led handlers away from the lot."

To me this makes the foster dad's story less plausible. That would mean someone, with in about 2 minutes, would have to open the car door, remove Hassanni from his seat/seatbelt/booster seat, take him to a waiting vehicle and disappear in to thin air. I just don't see that happening in such a busy area at 4 oclock in the afternoon!

Dogs should have at least picked up his scent by the back door of the shop. Supposedly, Hasanni got out of the car and was waiting by the back door. To me this means he was never there. So where did he leave him between the junkyard and there?

:yes:

I would think even if someone had carried Hasanni out of the alley, the dogs would pick up a little scent. Could be wrong, of course.

BBM --

Unfortunately, I think the only safe return of Hasanni is to the Lord's arms. May he become another childs Guardian Angel!

Failed the LDT - this is not looking good for our little man Hasanni. I suspect that they found something in the background checking of the "Man of Many Stories" which would indicate his "weapon of choice". Don't know what it would be but I'd say something turned up in his background checks which is leading LE in this direction. LE has something to go on for sure.

What was the address of that car parts place - anybody have it written down?

Maybe a neighbor saw Ross with what looked like a cutting object - didn't know for sure what it was, and told police about it.

Can a person get carpet swabs at a car parts yard? Maybe there was blood on the floor or trunk carpet and Ross was trying to replace it? Or, maybe bush trimmers, something that has to do with yard work? I hope LE brought cadaver dogs onto his property - don't remember how large his yard or if there are many shrubs and trees.

Who knows how his sick mind works!!!! mho

No scent of Hassani at the shoe store...Hmmm, who'd a guessed? No blood or scent of death in the car or the house. That means the dirty deed happened in the open.

LE were searching the parks. Mind, the parks here are more like reserves. Deep gullies and lots of trails that lead miles into forests. I've never been to Coyote or Roberts Regional Park, but I've been to Redwood. I used to live in Montclair by the infamous Hans Reiser who buried Nina in Redwood.

Example. My husband, daughter and I took a walk in Redwood one day. She lagged behind. We doubled back when we realized she was gone. She was climbing up a hill asking "didn't you hear me screaming?" She slid off the trail down into a gully. We'd heard nothing. Sound doesn't travel upwards. There are miles and miles of these trails. Completely secluded areas.

A sword? A knife? Nah, don't believe it. I'd so hate to be LR.

So do you think he just left him in one of those gullys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel