Found Deceased CA - Heather Gumina Waters, 33, Pleasant Valley, 17 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'I Feel Like Dying Inside:’ Mother Desperate to Find Her Missing El Dorado County Daughter

"The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office told FOX40 deputies have not conducted a search for Gumina Waters because they don’t know her last whereabouts. They are asking the public for help with that information.

Deputies have searched her home looking for clues but that effort has not produced any releasable information on her whereabouts."

My heart is breaking for her Mom, that video was difficult to watch. Hope I never go missing in El Dorado County, if I do I want you all to 'help' the Sheriff decide where they should search for me, YIKES!!!

There is a domestic violence protection order filed against her by her husband on July 23rd - this is 6 days after she goes missing.
I find this confusing. I have a feeling we aren't getting the right story of what was going on.

Go here and enter Gumina in the Party Name field under search filter.
Web Index

Changed his name to initials.

GUMINA, HEATHER RESPONDENT
AG VS HEATHER GUMINA
PFL20190547
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PREVEN W/O MINOR CHILD
7/23/2019​

There is a domestic violence protection order filed against her by her husband on July 23rd - this is 6 days after she goes missing.
I find this confusing. I have a feeling we aren't getting the right story of what was going on.

Go here and enter Gumina in the Party Name field under search filter.
Web Index

Changed his name to initials.

GUMINA, HEATHER RESPONDENT
AG VS HEATHER GUMINA
PFL20190547
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PREVEN W/O MINOR CHILD
7/23/2019​

Note he was arrested January 31st
CRIME 1:273.5(A)FELONYCRPL INJ:SPOUS/COHAB/DATE $50,000

For those people who may not be familiar with the area, here is a google maps screen shot of the main road through Pleasant Valley:

upload_2019-8-3_21-8-57.png
Google Maps

The above photo is a satellite view of the unincorportated community of Pleasant Valley. The "town" doesn't even have a post office (although it did at one time). While Pleasant Valley is fairly flat, within 10 miles in any direction, there are roads with steep drop-offs. There are also some very isolated locations near this area--I actually own some property about 5 miles (as the crow flies) from Pleasant Valley.

Here is a terrain map:

upload_2019-8-3_21-26-55.png
Google Maps

Prayers for Heather's safe return to her family.

I'm mentioning this entirely without judgement, but I cannot find this information in any of the news articles. Was Heather released from the hospital with a prescription for pain medication? If so, had she filled it? Was it left behind when she was last seen? Was she taking it as prescribed or taking extra doses? Were there potential side effects that could lead to impaired driving, even if taken as prescribed? Had she shown any previous unusual behavior (drowsiness, confusion) that could be attributed to the medicine?

Again, not judging here and a broken collarbone surely justifies some measure of pain medication if the patient requests it. Due to HIPAA laws I doubt LE would share this information, but if she was driving against medical advice while on strong medication that could cause disorientation or drowsiness that could have put her at risk of a car accident.

Loved Ones Search Wilderness Around Missing El Dorado County Woman’s Home
(I changed names to initials)

After missing for three weeks, friends and family of Heather Gumina Waters are now searching the wilderness around her Pleasant Valley home.

Tuesday night they will be holding a meeting asking for volunteers to help in their search.

“We’re going to really target the Grizzly Flat area, Somerset, Omo Ranch, Pleasant Valley area,” said family friend KS.

KS and HS started a search team Facebook page, which has jumped up to more than 400 members in just a few days.

(I changed names to initials)

After missing for three weeks, friends and family of Heather Gumina Waters are now searching the wilderness around her Pleasant Valley home.

Tuesday night they will be holding a meeting asking for volunteers to help in their search.

“We’re going to really target the Grizzly Flat area, Somerset, Omo Ranch, Pleasant Valley area,” said family friend KS.

KS and HS started a search team Facebook page, which has jumped up to more than 400 members in just a few days.​
Finally some action! I'm hopeful the momentum continues. The area isn't familiar to me - I wonder how they determined those search locations?

Thanks for posting the search page link Jethro. It's sad that LE is not searching so family took matters into their own hands.
It is either that LE doesn't have a good location to search that is practical or LE already knows that this is more than a missing persons case.

What I would like to know is if that friend of hers that is wanted (possession of stolen property, identity theft, and conspiracy to commit a crime) is wanted because they used a credit or debit card of Heather's. El Dorado Sheriff's Office posted it up on August 3rd but the stills from surveillance cameras have date and time stamps from July 21st.

Both admitted they could use more volunteers as Gumina Waters’ family has been waiting for weeks, desperate for answers.

“If you can just imagine how distraught a mother can be looking for her missing child, it’s unimaginable,” Smith said.

“If you find something, if you see something, stop. Stop and call,” Schneider said.

Smith and Schneider said one search group was out Tuesday in an undisclosed area acting on a tip they did not want to release too many details on yet.

“But it is a tip that comes from a very reputable person in the community,” Smith said. “So, we’re positive about that.”

Meanwhile, they’re hoping more people who know El Dorado County will volunteer. Horseback riding and off-roading clubs have already offered help.

“You know, and it is a big area, it’s a huge area,” Smith said.

If you would like to help in the search efforts, a meeting will be held at Green Valley Community Church at 6:30 p.m.

Facebook search page.
Heather Waters Gumina Search Team

Both admitted they could use more volunteers as Gumina Waters’ family has been waiting for weeks, desperate for answers.

“If you can just imagine how distraught a mother can be looking for her missing child, it’s unimaginable,” Smith said.

“If you find something, if you see something, stop. Stop and call,” Schneider said.

Smith and Schneider said one search group was out Tuesday in an undisclosed area acting on a tip they did not want to release too many details on yet.

“But it is a tip that comes from a very reputable person in the community,” Smith said. “So, we’re positive about that.”

Meanwhile, they’re hoping more people who know El Dorado County will volunteer. Horseback riding and off-roading clubs have already offered help.

“You know, and it is a big area, it’s a huge area,” Smith said.

If you would like to help in the search efforts, a meeting will be held at Green Valley Community Church at 6:30 p.m.

Facebook search page.
Heather Waters Gumina Search Team

I'm just glad they are actually doing searches. They should also be searching around nearby parking lots, park and ride lots, airports, and things of that nature to try and locate the car as well. The pink gas cap should certainly make it stick out.

Finally some action! I'm hopeful the momentum continues. The area isn't familiar to me - I wonder how they determined those search locations?
They chose those areas because they are areas, near Pleasant Valley, where a car could go off the road and not be noticed. A car might not be noticed because of a steep drop-off, heavy vegetation, or a combination of a steep drop-off with heavy vegetation, combined with curvy roads and a low population density in the areas they plan to search.

Edited to capitalize Pleasant Valley.

They chose those areas because they are areas, near Pleasant Valley, where a car could go off the road and not be noticed. A car might not be noticed because of a steep drop-off, heavy vegetation, or a combination of a steep drop-off with heavy vegetation, combined with curvy roads and a low population density in the areas they plan to search.

Edited to capitalize Pleasant Valley.
Makes sense. I still question
whether she was driving her car. She could be with the car nonetheless!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79
Back