Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Never be solved? Ugh. jmoo

LEO stated evidence from the bldg leads them to the certain landfill spot. An intensive search begins many weeks after mid Oct. It's quite expensive and dangerous to conduct landfill searches; hazmat, equip, etal. Why didn't anyone else at the party pass away?

Surely, via various interviews, they know where HP was last spotted alive - her last proof of life, for us, is the walk in the alley with her dog, Seven. Where did she go after this footage was recorded? Somewhere and she died there. Why didn't anyone else pass away?

Someone, then, pushed her thin body down the trash chute, perhaps.

Why? Maybe we know the answer to this? Bad drugs? :shrug: Why didn't anyone else pass away? Who was the last person to be with Heidi? Was the Maserati Lady one of them?

How much sorrow for BW there is. Just all of a sudden, your mom is nowhere to be found and you're not even a teenager yet. I wonder about his mother's estate left behind. #JusticeForHeidi

Here's an example of wrongful withholding of a corpse, by negligence or intentional malice. This one is in California. To me, if there was no homicide or additional moving of the remains, it still stands.
Kristin Smart's Family Sues Father of Alleged Murderer, Says He Dug Up, Moved Victim's Body After Search Warrant
I've thought before of murderers moving a body like once or twice to different locations while the initial search was going on, but I've honestly never thought about someone moving a body multiple times over the course of years. I wonder how common this is, and if it's the reason why some bodies are never found or take such a long time to locate.

LEO stated evidence from the bldg leads them to the certain landfill spot. An intensive search begins many weeks after mid Oct. It's quite expensive and dangerous to conduct landfill searches; hazmat, equip, etal. Why didn't anyone else at the party pass away?

Surely, via various interviews, they know where HP was last spotted alive - her last proof of life, for us, is the walk in the alley with her dog, Seven. Where did she go after this footage was recorded? Somewhere and she died there. Why didn't anyone else pass away?

Why? Maybe we know the answer to this? Bad drugs? :shrug: Why didn't anyone else pass away? Who was the last person to be with Heidi? Was the Maserati Lady one of them?

How much sorrow for BW there is. Just all of a sudden, your mom is nowhere to be found and you're not even a teenager yet. I wonder about his mother's estate left behind. #JusticeForHeidi

BBM

Well, we don't really know that no one else died. HP's disappearance generated some press attention (the cynical would say that's because she was white and often blonde) but there could have been other missing persons. Or maybe persons are missing no one has reported. That does happen. But even if HP was the only death, there can be plenty of reasons one person might die from a drug and no one else does (at least not at the same time.) While there are sometimes "bad batches" of drugs that wipe out entire parties of drug-takers, that's not the usual pattern overdoses follow. It's much more likely to see "spotty" overdoses and isolated solitary overdoses.

1. If an additive like fentanyl was involved, others present may have had enough if a tolerance to not be as affected. That could be especially likely if HP usually took real pharmaceuticals.

2. If an additive like fentanyl was involved, perhaps Narcan was used on other potential victims.

3. If only one person ODed he/she could have had another drug in her system that interacted with the new drug.

4. The person who ODed could have taken more of the drug at one time or took more of the drug over a period of time.

5. The person who died had an idiosyncratic reaction to the drug or was unusually sensitive to it. There is no absolute cutoff for most drugs in terms of lethality. In other words, we can't say X amount is safe for everyone but X + 1 kills everyone. Rather we talk about things like LD50. That stands for Lethal Dose 50. It's means the amount of the drug given in a single dose that will kill 50% of the test animals. Humans vary just like lab animals.

This is a sad case and like @SteveP I fear it may never be solved. While cases can be tried without a body, this one doesn't sound at all promising to me. And I don't happen to believe "justice" for BW can or will be obtained in civil court.

Regardless, the fact that we don't know of multiple overdose victims from the supposed H&F party really doesn't rule out the possibility of an overdose killing HP. No one else dying (that we know of) doesn't make her presumed death an intentional murder. And conversely if other people had died, that wouldn't necessarily mean her death was accidental.
JMO

We have heard nothing else from LE since a month ago, when they announced they were resuming the search and would make an announcement if anything warranting one was found. I doubt the search is still going on, but even if it is, if nothing has been found, as would seem to be the case, I think LE may be back to square one, and this may never be solved. JMO

May well be a matter of "knowing what happened" but not being able to "PROVE by WHOM."

It seems, based on the media, there isn't much more known now than there was at the end of November. If the Maserati Lady's story is even partially true, I have to believe LE tried to obtain some surveillance video on the comings and goings in the building that day. While that isn't evidence, such a set of videos would at least give them an idea of who came and went and when. I'm still leaning toward an OD now and not anything to do with her employment.

Still, her employer being concerned about the location of her laptop so soon after she was last seen or reported missing bothers me. Or why was the FBI involved in checking her residence. Maybe it is as simple in that the employer is just concerned for business. Still it bothers me.

It seems, based on the media, there isn't much more known now than there was at the end of November. If the Maserati Lady's story is even partially true, I have to believe LE tried to obtain some surveillance video on the comings and goings in the building that day. While that isn't evidence, such a set of videos would at least give them an idea of who came and went and when. I'm still leaning toward an OD now and not anything to do with her employment.

Still, her employer being concerned about the location of her laptop so soon after she was last seen or reported missing bothers me. Or why was the FBI involved in checking her residence. Maybe it is as simple in that the employer is just concerned for business. Still it bothers me.

I'm thinking OD too. But I know what you mean about the laptop. But it seems to me, IF her employer had had her killed because of what she knew, he wouldn't have left a company laptop that might be evidence-laden floating around. I know criminals can be dumb but that dumb?

Her boss could just be an insensitive jerk. Or it could be he really thought HP was in a period of "personal instability" and had temporarily disappeared. I certainly don't think anyone who doesn't show up for work must be dead. And while just about everyone who has spoken about HP has talked about her devotion to her son, I don't think anyone has spoken about her unwavering attention to her job. We don't really know if she'd had a previous work disappearance. And with COVID she was likely working from home so "missing work" is different than it used to be.

Finally, we really only have JW's word for her boss (JS) insisting he wanted the laptop back. And JW surely was full of accusations against JS from the very start. (HP "knew where all the bodies are buried?") May be there's some truth there but it also had the flavor to me of 1. an older ex-husband being jealous of his ex-wife's younger boss and 2. an older ex-husband feeling he wasn't getting the respect he deserved for his connection to HP even though he and HP divorced a very long time ago. (And anything JS knew about JW came from HP and might not have been flattering.)

So I think we have to consider JS's focus on the laptop might not have happened or might not have happened exactly the way JW said. JW was also upset only days after HP disappeared that JS didn't post a reward or hire PI's to find HP. I wouldn't really expect a company to necessarily do that....and it's not clear posting rewards always helps anyway.

JMO

I'm thinking OD too. But I know what you mean about the laptop. But it seems to me, IF her employer had had her killed because of what she knew, he wouldn't have left a company laptop that might be evidence-laden floating around. I know criminals can be dumb but that dumb?

Her boss could just be an insensitive jerk. Or it could be he really thought HP was in a period of "personal instability" and had temporarily disappeared. I certainly don't think anyone who doesn't show up for work must be dead. And while just about everyone who has spoken about HP has talked about her devotion to her son, I don't think anyone has spoken about her unwavering attention to her job. We don't really know if she'd had a previous work disappearance. And with COVID she was likely working from home so "missing work" is different than it used to be.

Finally, we really only have JW's word for her boss (JS) insisting he wanted the laptop back. And JW surely was full of accusations against JS from the very start. (HP "knew where all the bodies are buried?") May be there's some truth there but it also had the flavor to me of 1. an older ex-husband being jealous of his ex-wife's younger boss and 2. an older ex-husband feeling he wasn't getting the respect he deserved for his connection to HP even though he and HP divorced a very long time ago. (And anything JS knew about JW came from HP and might not have been flattering.)

So I think we have to consider JS's focus on the laptop might not have happened or might not have happened exactly the way JW said. JW was also upset only days after HP disappeared that JS didn't post a reward or hire PI's to find HP. I wouldn't really expect a company to necessarily do that....and it's not clear posting rewards always helps anyway.

JMO
While I'm on board with the OD theory, I haven't completely ruled out her employer as having some connection. His concern for the laptop over her bothers me somewhat. I also realize this may only be one side of the story coming from the ex and may not be entirely accurate. The employer's connection could be indirect. That is, she mentioned to him where was going that afternoon. Or he knew of a mutual friend or acquaintance in that building. In those theoretical scenarios, JS may have been more concerned with trying to stay out of the spotlight given the past experiences with the SEC. And if an OD is involved and he is aware of past drug usage at similar occasions at an address in that building he may not want to appear as he is concealing criminal activity. All theory, of course. He may just be a cold business exec just looking out for his own interests.

While I'm on board with the OD theory, I haven't completely ruled out her employer as having some connection. His concern for the laptop over her bothers me somewhat. I also realize this may only be one side of the story coming from the ex and may not be entirely accurate. The employer's connection could be indirect. That is, she mentioned to him where was going that afternoon. Or he knew of a mutual friend or acquaintance in that building. In those theoretical scenarios, JS may have been more concerned with trying to stay out of the spotlight given the past experiences with the SEC. And if an OD is involved and he is aware of past drug usage at similar occasions at an address in that building he may not want to appear as he is concealing criminal activity. All theory, of course. He may just be a cold business exec just looking out for his own interests.

Yeah, we don't know anything much for sure. So really nothing much can be ruled out!

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean about JS having a possible indirect connection. It sounds like you are saying JS may have known HP was going to see someone at the H&F that Sunday and he may have known that 730-unit condo complex houses some drug users. So early on in the investigation he may not have come forward to say that's where she went? If that's what you are saying, that's possible I suppose. We don't know why HP went to the H&F so it's hard to say whether she'd have been likely to tell her boss her weekend plans. And we don't really know much about the relationship between JS & HP. But to me, if that's what happened, that seems like a pretty tenuous connection to her apparent death.

I know some people believe failing to volunteer information to LE automatically makes a person guilty of a crime but it doesn't really. And even if JS did know that's where she went, that wouldn't mean he knew she was dead. She could have been off on a "drug binge" & perhaps he thought he was protecting her privacy by not speaking up early on. Unless you are saying he knew people at the H&F so he heard the Maserati woman's story very early on? And didn't tell? I guess that's possible too although that's not criminal either. (Plus, we don't really know what he told LE, if anything.)

JMO

I think the overdose theory is the "easy way out". I don't know why but I don't think that's what happened to her.

Three and a half months after her disappearance, with no body and no arrests, there doesn't seem to be an "easy way out". I believe she overdosed and was disposed of, but I am not married to the idea. What do you think happened?

Did JS personally drop off muffins to her often? Seems pretty odd

In isolation it does seem odd. But I don't think we know much about the relationship between JS and HP. I'm sure there's "gossip" out there but I've not seen much reported in the MSM. So I don't think we can really know if his visit to her home was unusual.

We don't know if there was anything but a work relationship between JS & HP. Sticking just to that-- with people working from home because of COVID it might not be all that odd for a boss with a small number of employees to drop by a relatively "senior" employee's home on a workday, especially if the person wasn't answering the phone or texts. For all we know, some sort of work product was due. I'm not sure when the visit happened but it's reported CBS (the network that first got the video from a neighbor) said it was "a day or two" after HP disappeared. Not sure why an exact date couldn't be given but it sounds like the visit was before HP was reported missing on Oct 20.

Missing Heidi Planck's boss drops off MUFFINS at her door

Since we don't know if the visit was on Oct 18 or 19, I don't think we can know if it was before or after JW called JS's office. But we also don't know what HP had told JS about JW. So JW saying "HP is missing" might have been taken with a grain of salt by her boss. And he might have gone to her house to look for her himself.

IF JS had something to do with her disappearance, then I suppose the visit could have been a set-up to make it look like he knew nothing. Personally, at this point I don't think he killed her or had her killed so his visit doesn't make him look guilty (of that) to me.

Finally, I've said this before but we also don't know if HP had had unexpected "work absences" in the past nor do we know if there would have been reason to worry about her health. After all, she did live alone when JW had BW.

JMO

Things that, after three and a half months, I wish we knew, but still don't know. Many of these things have been talked about, but have never found their way to MSM, so are off-limits to discussion.

1) Would love to know Heidi's connection to H+F, and where she was and with whom, immediately before disappearing.
2) Would love to know when and where her dog Seven was actually found, and by whom.
3) Would love to know if any of Maserati mama's story to the YouTuber is true, and if so, what parts.
4) Would love to know what Heidi's 'friend' retrieved from Heidi's home when first she went to check on her, and when that eventually got to LE, and if anything was retrieved that was not turned over.
5) Would love to know what LE took from their raid of Heidi's house.
6) Would love to know where Heidi's RR was actually found, who put it there, what if anything useful was found in it, and where it is now.
7) Would love to know if and how much repair and cleanup was done to H+F before LE obtained a warrant and was able to search.
8) Would love to know if search has ended, and if any evidence was found.

Unless LE know or can learn the answers to several of these questions, I think this case will grow ice cold, if it isn't already.

Last edited:
Things that, after three and a half months, I wish we knew, but still don't know. Many of these things have been talked about, but have never found their way to MSM, so are off-limits to discussion.

1) Would love to know Heidi's connection to H+F, and where she was and with whom, immediately before disappearing.
2) Would love to know when and where her dog Seven was actually found, and by whom.
3) Would love to know if any of Maserati mama's story to the YouTuber is true, and if so, what parts.
4) Would love to know what Heidi's 'friend' retrieved from Heidi's home when first she went to check on her, and when that eventually got to LE, and if anything was retrieved that was not turned over.
6) Would love to know where Heidi's RR was actually found, who put it there, what if anything useful was found in it, and where it is now.
7) Would love to know if and how much repair and cleanup was done to H+F before LE obtained a warrant and was able to search.

Unless LE know or can learn the answers to several of these questions, I think this case will grow ice cold, if it isn't already.

Great list. On #7, I'd also like to know how long it took to get the warrants (for the H&F itself and for the security tapes.) What you've listed is what's important (along with knowing if any tapes were erased, overwritten, or otherwise unavailable.) But I'm curious. So many press reports implied it was such a big deal to have to get warrants as though that was unheard of and was a process took many many days. (I didn't think it was weird to need warrants but I also didn't think it would take long to get them for the tapes and common areas once it was known she'd been there after the game.) I read one place it took 2 weeks to get warrants but I'm not sure if that was accurate. So I'd like to know.
JMO

I log in every so often to see if LE has uncovered anything new that they'd like to share. I wish Heidi's family and friends had answers and I wish that whoever may have been responsible for discarding her body, if that indeed happened, would be arrested and charged. But this may be one of those cases that remains unresolved, sadly. JMHO.

I have no idea if Heidi's family in NY has the means, or even the desire, but I wish someone would either provide the funds, or attempt to raise the funds to hire a PI to investigate this case. BW deserves to know what happened to his mom, and at this point, I no longer have faith that LAPD is ever going to be able to give him that answer. JMO

I have no idea if Heidi's family in NY has the means, or even the desire, but I wish someone would either provide the funds, or attempt to raise the funds to hire a PI to investigate this case. BW deserves to know what happened to his mom, and at this point, I no longer have faith that LAPD is ever going to be able to give him that answer. JMO

I agree BW should eventually know (assuming he wants to know details. Honestly, people differ so that could go either way.) My impression is that HP did not come from money but that's only an impression. And a reputable PI would probably be pretty expensive for anyone to hire.

I really go back and forth on what I think the LAPD knows. Obviously they know more than they've told us-- we don't know what specific evidence led them to say they thought HP was dead nor do we know what led them to the landfill, for example. Some people seem to assume they have DNA from the trash chute. And maybe they do but we don't know that. But unless the DNA was from the chute entrance on the floor where she was dumped (according to Maserati woman that was the 40th floor), from the area around the door on the 28th floor where the Maserati woman says she got stuck (assuming that's true), or from the exit above the dumpster, I'm not sure how the LAPD could have DNA-swabbed a chute that extends from above the ground-level dumpster to the 40th floor. Maybe they inserted cameras on each floor to search the chute for visible blood? (But dead bodies don't bleed so how much of HP's blood could there have been in the chute?)

Maybe the LAPD knows who disposed of her body. But without the body, or without a sample of the exact drug she took, I don't see how the cause of death can be established. Fentanyl is a safe bet-- one CA DA said virtually all street drugs contain Fentanyl. But that's still not a definite COD for HP.

California DA warns virtually all drugs on the streets are laced with fentanyl

It's possible too the LAPD is pretty sure of what happened and pretty sure of who did what-- as sure as any PI could ever be-- but they can't prove it. I don't know how much they'd tell the family in that case. Normally I'd think they'd be pretty forthcoming but with JW showing he can be such a blabbermouth? I'm not so sure.

JMO

You would think there’d be more camera footage than just of her in an alleyway.

I’m not buying the OD theory. I think this Maserati woman is a red herring. However one of the building’s employees did recognize her so she frequented there.

You would think there’d be more camera footage than just of her in an alleyway.

I’m not buying the OD theory. I think this Maserati woman is a red herring. However one of the building’s employees did recognize her so she frequented there.

There may be quite a lot of footage of HP at the H&F. Supposedly the alleyway footage was recorded by a neighbor or a camera in a neighboring building. (Not exactly clear, at least not to me.) But we don't know what the LAPD got from the H&F. Sounds like though without the dog being found & the alley footage no one would have looked at the H&F, 30 miles from where she was last seen.
JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793