Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
STILL NO REWARD for 'information leading to' -- not LAPD, FBI/SEC, Onni Corp., and of course not JS and associates. Seems that a reasonable person might conclude that none of them really want to know what happened - or that they already know, don't want the public to know that they know, and don't want any more info to come to light!

STILL NO REWARD for 'information leading to' -- not LAPD, FBI/SEC, Onni Corp., and of course not JS and associates. Seems that a reasonable person might conclude that none of them really want to know what happened - or that they already know, don't want the public to know that they know, and don't want any more info to come to light!

Don't they even have Crime Stoppers out there? Crime Stoppers usually comes up with a reward for murder cases, right? It's not huge, but its something.

LA County has something

Rewards

https://www.lacrimestoppers.org/

Normally, this is something LE and prosecutors handle. I've seen one or two cases here at WS where public pressure was necessary to make those responsible apply to Crimestoppers for a murder victim. IDK, maybe some LE don't want to offer rewards because it brings in a flood of questionable tips that they have to follow up.

Even if this was an overdose (and I'm not sure it was), Heidi didn't put herself in the trash chute at the high rise building. Someone else did that and took further steps to dispose of her body and cover up her death. Last time I checked, those were all criminal actions.

Last edited:

I suspect the LAPD may think a reward won't be helpful. Of course, I go back and forth in my head about how much I think LE knows But today I'm thinking they know enough to think a reward won't help. I know JW was complaining very early on about JS not hiring a PI and not offering a reward but I'm not sure I would have expected an employer to do that. I might have expected HP's friends would offer something as a group but since they haven't, I wonder if LE discouraged it.

Assuming the very little they've said to the public is true, LE thinks HP died at the H&F that Sunday evening in some sort of unspecified "incident." So there's a pretty small universe of people who could possibly know anything. While there hasn't been much continuing publicity about the case, it seems unlikely to me there are residents of the H&F who don't know about it. It would seem their visitors from Oct 17 would know too. And I'm just not sure that rewards help in that kind of situation. People who know something but aren't talking likely wouldn't be swayed by a reward. But a reward might lead to "I heard from X that someone he knows said Y" calls that lead nowhere but take time.
JMO

Fairly quiet in the media. I wonder if the LE search at garbage site is still ongoing. While I do believe an OD is the likely cause of death, I can't get past the feds going into her residence at the end of October. If it was only a missing person case, I could see LAPD going it with a couple of detectives, crime scene technicians and a couple of uniforms to secure the scene. But the feds? That just seems over the top and I don't see the feds doing that for a missing person case. Maybe it has no connection to Heidi being missing other than the FBI wanted something else entirely and was concerned that the local PD might compromise their unrelated case.

I suspect the LAPD may think a reward won't be helpful. Of course, I go back and forth in my head about how much I think LE knows But today I'm thinking they know enough to think a reward won't help. I know JW was complaining very early on about JS not hiring a PI and not offering a reward but I'm not sure I would have expected an employer to do that. I might have expected HP's friends would offer something as a group but since they haven't, I wonder if LE discouraged it.

Assuming the very little they've said to the public is true, LE thinks HP died at the H&F that Sunday evening in some sort of unspecified "incident." So there's a pretty small universe of people who could possibly know anything. While there hasn't been much continuing publicity about the case, it seems unlikely to me there are residents of the H&F who don't know about it. It would seem their visitors from Oct 17 would know too. And I'm just not sure that rewards help in that kind of situation. People who know something but aren't talking likely wouldn't be swayed by a reward. But a reward might lead to "I heard from X that someone he knows said Y" calls that lead nowhere but take time.
JMO
Perhaps we have a situation where witnesses have lawyered up and are being advised not to talk to investigators without immunity, which LE might be unable to guarantee at this stage for whatever reason.

I just finished all 4 and 3/4 threads. If the scenario was an overdose (I don’t personally think so, but wouldn’t rule it out), would such an incident leave enough evidence to make LE so certain she is deceased? Not saying it’s not possible at all, but I guess in ‘no body’ cases where the victim is presumed deceased I always think of lots of blood and/or brain matter, etc. (sorry it made me sick to type that).
And the dog mystery is compelling but I don’t know what to make of any of it. So confusing.

I just finished all 4 and 3/4 threads. If the scenario was an overdose (I don’t personally think so, but wouldn’t rule it out), would such an incident leave enough evidence to make LE so certain she is deceased? Not saying it’s not possible at all, but I guess in ‘no body’ cases where the victim is presumed deceased I always think of lots of blood and/or brain matter, etc. (sorry it made me sick to type that).
And the dog mystery is compelling but I don’t know what to make of any of it. So confusing.
That they’ve already concluded she’s dead is interesting. I think a bloody crime scene would be hard to keep secret by LE. Without that what could there be? Witnesses to her death and possible disposal? And no arrests? But maybe they won’t arrest without a body. It’s all perplexing. I’m still troubled by the lack of footage.

That they’ve already concluded she’s dead is interesting. I think a bloody crime scene would be hard to keep secret by LE. Without that what could there be? Witnesses to her death and possible disposal? And no arrests? But maybe they won’t arrest without a body. It’s all perplexing. I’m still troubled by the lack of footage.
I wonder if they found the clothes she was wearing. Maybe someone disposed of them in the garbage chute. Someone wouldn't normally just throw away the clothes
they were wearing. What would she put on to leave in later?

BBM I would really love to know what forensic evidence LE found inside H+F, that led them to conclude that Heidi had died there. Like you, I normally think copious amounts of blood and/or brain tissue. While it may be possible that was found in the chute system, left after disposing of her, especially if she was still alive when discarded, a rumor that has been widely circulated since almost the very beginning of this case is that entire sections of the chute system were torn out and replaced before LE was able to secure a warrant to search H+F, so who knows what may be true.

I do believe, however, charges will never be brought in this case if Heidi's remains are not found, and at this point, that seems highly unlikely. JMO

Has anyone seen this photo of Heidi before? I hadn't seen it before tonight.

Yes, that still is from security cam footage taken, allegedly of her walking with Seven, in the alley leading to H+F, and was allegedly taken about thirty minutes before the dog was said to be wondering in the 28th/29th floor of the H+F (rumor says the Hope building). JMO

Yes, that still is from security cam footage taken, allegedly of her walking with Seven, in the alley leading to H+F, and was allegedly taken about thirty minutes before the dog was said to be wondering in the 28th/29th floor of the H+F (rumor says the Hope building). JMO
Thank you for your response. I have seen the video of her in the alley but not from this angle showing the car behind her. That's crazy. Thirty minutes. What could have happened in thirty minutes? I'm curious what others think of that timeline. Do you think it's accurate? She looks fine in the photo and video footage. What could have happened in such a short period of time that caused her to leave her dog? Unless she didn't and it was something like a dog sitter keeping an eye on Seven for a bit and accidentally losing him. Or maybe the dog was freaking out or making a lot of noise because of something that happened to Heidi, so he was put outside to quiet him down and draw fewer suspicions. Maybe Heidi had been visiting with someone who an incident occurred with that led to her death, and they let the dog out to avoid tying her to their apartment. But if people at H+F recognized Seven and Heidi, they would probably also know who it is that she comes to see.

Thank you for your response. I have seen the video of her in the alley but not from this angle showing the car behind her. That's crazy. Thirty minutes. What could have happened in thirty minutes? I'm curious what others think of that timeline. Do you think it's accurate? She looks fine in the photo and video footage. What could have happened in such a short period of time that caused her to leave her dog? Unless she didn't and it was something like a dog sitter keeping an eye on Seven for a bit and accidentally losing him. Or maybe the dog was freaking out or making a lot of noise because of something that happened to Heidi, so he was put outside to quiet him down and draw fewer suspicions. Maybe Heidi had been visiting with someone who an incident occurred with that led to her death, and they let the dog out to avoid tying her to their apartment. But if people at H+F recognized Seven and Heidi, they would probably also know who it is that she comes to see.

You have a lot of the same thoughts that most of us following this case have had at times. I, personally, do not put much faith into any of the widely accepted dog story. When so much else is completely in doubt, why would we blindly accept some unnamed person's story that they just happened to find the dog just wondering around at 7pm? It makes the timeline of what could have happened to Heidi extremely tight. I tend to believe the dog was perhaps dropped off with a dog sitter in the building, who fabricated a story about finding the dog when Heidi didn't return to pick him up and news leaked out, or, as you suggested, she did have the dog with her, and the person(s) with her when whatever happened to her happened, dumped the dog out on a random floor, so as not to be associated with her. Rumor that cannot be substantiated suggests the dog was spotted in the building with someone around 10pm. I am not sure what I believe, but I do not put much belief in anything surrounding the dog being "found" at 7pm. JMO

Heidi disappeared eighteen weeks ago, yesterday, and it seems that everyone has stopped talking about this case, even seemingly the YouTubers, who were almost the last ones still talking, and Facebook and Reddit threads, and we have nothing left that we can discuss here. It is as though Heidi has been given up on and written off, and people have moved on. My biggest hope now is that whoever is/are responsible for Heidi's death may feel the same way, and may get comfortable and let something slip out that will lead to their arrest. I am not willing to give up and write her off yet, and don't believe everyone here is either. Heidi needs to be found and taken home. JMO

Heidi disappeared eighteen weeks ago, yesterday, and it seems that everyone has stopped talking about this case, even seemingly the YouTubers, who were almost the last ones still talking, and Facebook and Reddit threads, and we have nothing left that we can discuss here. It is as though Heidi has been given up on and written off, and people have moved on. My biggest hope now is that whoever is/are responsible for Heidi's death may feel the same way, and may get comfortable and let something slip out that will lead to their arrest. I am not willing to give up and write her off yet, and don't believe everyone here is either. Heidi needs to be found and taken home. JMO
I agree - I know most people have stopped talking, but don't worry, there is a lot happening behind the scenes. This will not be a cold case. JMO.

ADMIN NOTE:

We welcome all members who have joined the discussion of this mysterious case.
Please note that if you want to share inside information without providing an MSM link, you must apply for Verified Insider status HERE.

Otherwise ALL info you post MUST include a link to an MSM or LE source. If not, posts are subject to removal.

If you are stating an opinion, it must be based in known fact, AND you must be clear that it is your opinion.

Finally, if you come upon any questionable posts, please REPORT them instead of replying to them. If you quote and reply to a post that is removed, your post is also subject to removal. The REPORT button is on the bottom of every post.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

This article made me think of Heidi and the people at the H+F that day.

A 37-year old died alone at home after he took oxy pills laced with fentanyl that he got from a dealer ("MT").

How a man's death in Beverly Hills exposed a sprawling Hollywood drug delivery business

...November 2020 death set in motion a federal investigation that uncovered a booming drug delivery service [MT] is accused of running from her apartment on Hollywood Boulevard.

...19 drivers employed by [MT] to fan out nightly across Los Angeles filling clients’ drug orders in eight-hour shifts, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration alleges in court papers. With a business model resembling a food delivery app, [MT], 33, used Venmo, PayPal and other payment platforms to collect more than $733,000 from customers in her last year of dealing, the DEA says.

This article made me think of Heidi and the people at the H+F that day.

A 37-year old died alone at home after he took oxy pills laced with fentanyl that he got from a dealer ("MT").

How a man's death in Beverly Hills exposed a sprawling Hollywood drug delivery business

...November 2020 death set in motion a federal investigation that uncovered a booming drug delivery service [MT] is accused of running from her apartment on Hollywood Boulevard.

...19 drivers employed by [MT] to fan out nightly across Los Angeles filling clients’ drug orders in eight-hour shifts, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration alleges in court papers. With a business model resembling a food delivery app, [MT], 33, used Venmo, PayPal and other payment platforms to collect more than $733,000 from customers in her last year of dealing, the DEA says.
paywall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back