Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snipped:
Switching topics for now, I studied the cctv of her walking Seven in the alley. It appears, to me, that she is walking rather briskly, with Seven trailing behind her. Why would this be?

Begins at 0:35

It does appear that way to me, too, but a friend of hers says this is the way she normally walks.

“We know Heidi. We know her stride. She did not seem in distress. She was definitely walking casually the way she normally strides."

New Video Shows Missing Woman Walking Dog in Downtown LA Hours After Friends Last Saw Her

I did not pick up on HP as seeming to be in distress during the very brief video in the alley but her pace is brisk, just based upon my visual acuity.

Perhaps in walking Seven, through the years, she grew accustomed to walking briskly which then became her normal stride. It doesn't jive with Seven trailing behind her tho.

The LAMP Unit has her weight as 120 pounds but she weighed 102.
Missing 39-Year-Old Female NR21305dm - LAPD Online

The MP Center has the information a 5'2", 102 pounds
Missing Persons Center - Heidi Planck

Does anyone know if she was walking in the direction of or away from where her vehicle may have been parked?

snipped
Perhaps in walking Seven, through the years, she grew accustomed to walking briskly which then became her normal stride. It doesn't jive with Seven trailing behind her tho.

I was terrible at training my dog to walk properly with me, but I’ve been told a dog should walk beside or behind—never in front of the person walking him. So, yeah, maybe Heidi walked briskly and authoritatively in training her dog that she was in charge, and that he was to stay behind her. JMO

Wonder why she allowed Seven to pass behind her to the right side as it seems a danger of leash entanglements with her feet. My precious Great Pyrenees puppy failed 6 weeks of Dog Obedience School; not once but twice. I was then asked not to enroll C again. She's untrainable, allegedly. That's in a city with dog parks.

Wonder why Heidi took Seven with her to the football game? Maybe California is lenient on their school campus policies but dogs are not allowed onto school property in my state. Could that be one reason she left the game early? We have fairly liberal laws that allow dogs at outdoor cafes, etc. Some country clubs allow dogs but some don't. Personally, I don't want a dog barking when I'm about to serve match point or if my son's about to throw a touchdown pass.

Did Heidi have a key fob or whatever is required to gain entry into the buildings? It appears she's holding a mask in her right hand along with something else that's perhaps dark in color.

"Planck's dog was found around 7 p.m. wandering alone on the 28th floor of the high-rise apartment building. A resident said that nobody can get inside the building without a security card."

NOV 12, 2021
New Video Could Lead to Clues About Missing Mom Heidi Planck – NBC Los Angeles

Los Angeles Police Department detectives told family and friends that an incident at a downtown L.A. apartment building in October resulted in her death.

Planck's friends have set up a website in her honor. They're now hoping people will do and share acts of kindness in Planck's memory.

The website talks about the case and Planck's life. Friends ask that visitors email in their random acts of kindness.

Heidi Planck remembered by family, friends 6 months after mysterious disappearance in downtown LA

snipped

I was terrible at training my dog to walk properly with me, but I’ve been told a dog should walk beside or behind—never in front of the person walking him. So, yeah, maybe Heidi walked briskly and authoritatively in training her dog that she was in charge, and that he was to stay behind her. JMO

I've never heard of training a dog to walk behind. I have heard of training a dog to say, sit, and wait for permission to go outside instead of rushing through the door ahead of its owner. But if a dog is habitually walked behind the owner, the owner doesn't know if the dog is grabbing something to eat off the ground, for example. The owner also can't easily know if the dog is trying to find a spot to stop to pee. Finally, the owner can't know if something has caught the dog's attention meaning, among other things, he/she might try to bolt (a cat or a rabbit, for example.) And finally in the case of a dogfight it puts the owner between the two dogs and that might not be good.

HP looked like to me she was in a hurry to get somewhere and was kind of dragging the dog along (I don't mean literally dragging) instead of the walk being any sort of pleasure walk or a "potty" walk (at the time she was photographed it wasn't anyway.)

I did not pick up on HP as seeming to be in distress during the very brief video in the alley but her pace is brisk, just based upon my visual acuity.

The LAMP Unit has her weight as 120 pounds but she weighed 102.
Missing 39-Year-Old Female NR21305dm - LAPD Online

The MP Center has the information a 5'2", 102 pounds
Missing Persons Center - Heidi Planck

Does anyone know if she was walking in the direction of or away from where her vehicle may have been parked?
From what we know personally of the area, she would be walking towards the car and hope and flower.

Wonder why she allowed Seven to pass behind her to the right side as it seems a danger of leash entanglements with her feet. My precious Great Pyrenees puppy failed 6 weeks of Dog Obedience School; not once but twice. I was then asked not to enroll C again. She's untrainable, allegedly. That's in a city with dog parks.

Wonder why Heidi took Seven with her to the football game? Maybe California is lenient on their school campus policies but dogs are not allowed onto school property in my state. Could that be one reason she left the game early? We have fairly liberal laws that allow dogs at outdoor cafes, etc. Some country clubs allow dogs but some don't. Personally, I don't want a dog barking when I'm about to serve match point or if my son's about to throw a touchdown pass.

Did Heidi have a key fob or whatever is required to gain entry into the buildings? It appears she's holding a mask in her right hand along with something else that's perhaps dark in color.

"Planck's dog was found around 7 p.m. wandering alone on the 28th floor of the high-rise apartment building. A resident said that nobody can get inside the building without a security card."

NOV 12, 2021
New Video Could Lead to Clues About Missing Mom Heidi Planck – NBC Los Angeles
I don't see Heidi's purse with her in the video of her in the alley. So that means she either left it in her car, or she had already been in the apartment before this video was taken, and she left it in there. I wonder if police ever found it. I would only leave my purse unattended with someone I trusted. If there was a party going on and there were multiple people in the apartment, I would take it with me. How likely is someone to leave their purse in their car? Even under a seat or somewhere hidden, I don't think I would be very comfortable with that. Especially if my car was parked a little bit away from where I was going to be.

I don't see Heidi's purse with her in the video of her in the alley. So that means she either left it in her car, or she had already been in the apartment before this video was taken, and she left it in there. I wonder if police ever found it. I would only leave my purse unattended with someone I trusted. If there was a party going on and there were multiple people in the apartment, I would take it with me. How likely is someone to leave their purse in their car? Even under a seat or somewhere hidden, I don't think I would be very comfortable with that. Especially if my car was parked a little bit away from where I was going to be.
I was thinking she may have left it in the car if she was only planning to be there for a short time.

Slightly O/T, because this is not connected to Heidi's disappearance, I just find the story seems to have some of the same elements as the story told of Heidi overdosing on Fentanyl-laced Adderall while at H+F. I think this building was just a few blocks and a short walk from H+F.

Slightly O/T, because this is not connected to Heidi's disappearance, I just find the story seems to have some of the same elements as the story told of Heidi overdosing on Fentanyl-laced Adderall while at H+F. I think this building was just a few blocks and a short walk from H+F.

Also slightly O/T but that headline is very misleading. Fentanyl "exposure" (eg skin contact) has been debunked as a cause of OD. Fentanyl ingestion is the only way to OD (I'm sure there is some extreme circumstance where I'm wrong, but let's say 99.9% of the time). The men were found in the presence of fentanyl because they intentionally consumed it.

Maybe the link below was posted and I just missed it. Doesn't say alot but

1. Apparently Jim W is still claiming JS was involved. If I were JS and I wasn't involved, I'd be ready to take a swing at JW or at least sue the pants off him. But I guess luckily for JW, JS has other things in his mind these days. It's also hard to prove a negative when no one knows what happened to HP. I'm not ruling out JS's involvement although personally I think it's unlikely. But all JW does is continuously yammer "I think JS was involved. This related to HP's work. I just feel it." Saying something like that in the heat of the moment when HP first went missing is one thing. But continuing to say it for months based on "feelings" with no apparent real evidence is the kind of thing civil suits are made from.

2. The hoopla over the laptop makes sense to me. I'm not an attorney but if I were representing JS I'd be absolutely livid over work-related documents coming in as evidence that were essentially supplied to LE by JW. Not only does that raise Constitutional issues related to search and seizure, it would seem to raise chain of custody arguments. How do we know those documents weren't altered by JW? I already found it pretty weird JW grabbed HP's stuff (computers, phone) and kept them for days after she was reported missing. I don't know if an interviewer who contributed to the linked article asked JW about the laptop or what but I can't believe JW apparently feels the need to insert his views into that court case.

I guess JW just rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog...isappearance-and-many-questions-still-remain/

Maybe the link below was posted and I just missed it. Doesn't say alot but

1. Apparently Jim W is still claiming JS was involved. If I were JS and I wasn't involved, I'd be ready to take a swing at JW or at least sue the pants off him. But I guess luckily for JW, JS has other things in his mind these days. It's also hard to prove a negative when no one knows what happened to HP. I'm not ruling out JS's involvement although personally I think it's unlikely. But all JW does is continuously yammer "I think JS was involved. This related to HP's work. I just feel it." Saying something like that in the heat of the moment when HP first went missing is one thing. But continuing to say it for months based on "feelings" with no apparent real evidence is the kind of thing civil suits are made from.

2. The hoopla over the laptop makes sense to me. I'm not an attorney but if I were representing JS I'd be absolutely livid over work-related documents coming in as evidence that were essentially supplied to LE by JW. Not only does that raise Constitutional issues related to search and seizure, it would seem to raise chain of custody arguments. How do we know those documents weren't altered by JW? I already found it pretty weird JW grabbed HP's stuff (computers, phone) and kept them for days after she was reported missing. I don't know if an interviewer who contributed to the linked article asked JW about the laptop or what but I can't believe JW apparently feels the need to insert his views into that court case.

I guess JW just rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog...isappearance-and-many-questions-still-remain/

Thanks for finding and sharing that article. It's nice that not all media has forgotten about Heidi's disappearance.

I think we all assumed nothing was found at the landfill but it's still disappointing to see it in black and white (described as a "fruitless LAPD search").

Her friends have created a lovely website. Hope it leads to some tips. The "What would Heidi do" page is awesome. Love the way they are remembering her. Missing LA Mom | Heidi Planck

It has been 8 months now since Heidi's disappearance, and presumed death. and we seemingly are no closer to an arrest. I believe that LE know what happened to Heidi, where it happened, who she was with when it happened, and who may be responsible, but I believe with no body, and little or no forensic evidence, as well as no one willing to corroborate anything LE think they know, there is little else to do but keep digging, until someone comes forth with new information. As the adage goes, "It isn't what you know, it's what you can prove".

We haven't forgotten you, Heidi, nor will we. We may only post when anniversary dates roll around, but I think most everyone here is here for the duration, praying you will one day be found and taken home, and any responsible will be held accountable. JMO

Last edited:
It has been 8 months now since Heidi's disappearance, and presumed death. and we seemingly are no closer to an arrest. I believe that LE know what happened to Heidi, where it happened, who she was with when it happened, and who may be responsible, but I believe with no body, and little or no forensic evidence, as well as no one willing to corroborate anything LE think they know, there is little else to do but keep digging, until someone comes forth with new information. As the adage goes, "It isn't what you know, it's what you can prove".

We haven't forgotten you, Heidi, nor will we. We may only post when anniversary dates roll around, but I think most everyone here is here for the duration, praying you will one day be found and taken home, and any responsible will be held accountable. JMO
Eight months and not a peep from LAPD, family, friends, a reporter even ... :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793