CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Seven the dog was rescued by that couple from the street around the building, or found alone in the hall on the 28th floor is kind of crucial to know. If found in the hall, then I'd believe Heidi went to meet someone on the 28th floor. That would give some LE some direction to investigate what tenants live on the 28th floor.
Ofcourse they already know since they've probably talked to the couple, and I'm sure Mr Wayne asked the couple how they found the dog.

But what if the person wasn't a tenant, or what if the person was wily enough to bring the dog up to that floor if he lived on another floor? But, easier that the person would probably just send the dog out on the street, or IF he/they/whoever forced Heidi back into her own car and took it somewhere out of town, then it would be better to dump the poor dog somewhere else, not connected to the building and area at all.

Just thinking aloud...in circles....I don't get it.....it's such a strange mystery.

Is the Range Rover there or not??

Ok....
the Feds with the quick warrant, their guns drawn raiding the house, going through every nook and cranny seems more and more related to something a lot bigger than a single attractive woman going missing.
imo

another thing...the ex husband had custody of the son until Wednesday.
Someone else knew that

As far as her schedule and shared custody arrangements, I think there is a potentially wide circle of individuals who are aware of those arrangements. She would probably tell her friends, her employer, and her family. She might need to have a flexible work schedule on certain days, and her social life on some days would be constrained by caring for her son. It is even possible that a potential abductor could have established her routines by watching her activity over time.

Ok....
the Feds with the quick warrant, their guns drawn raiding the house, going through every nook and cranny seems more and more related to something a lot bigger than a single attractive woman going missing.
imo

Someone else knew that
It’s quite a head start - but still surprising it took until Wednesday to report her missing. No friends were worried Monday or Tuesday?
jmo

As far as her schedule and shared custody arrangements, I think there is a potentially wide circle of individuals who are aware of those arrangements. She would probably tell her friends, her employer, and her family. She might need to have a flexible work schedule on certain days, and her social life on some days would be constrained by caring for her son. It is even possible that a potential abductor could have established her routines by watching her activity over time.
No doubt. It seems also that she and her ex husband and his new family get along, I expect he would be flexible in the arrangements.
I was referring to the possibility that an entity would choose a "convenient" time for Heidi to vanish, with no alert till Wednesday.

Ok....
imo

Someone else knew that

There is only one thing in all of this that doesn’t seem to fit the seedy world of organised crime, and that is the friending on Facebook. To me, that seems more personal, perhaps as though someone who knew her well on a personal level was trying to cover for something.

I noticed in all of the videos of her leaving her home with her dog the last time she is seen there, she is not carrying anything except a small purse. Yet, it is reported that her computer, phone are missing. I wonder when and how they disappeared. Did she leave the game and go back homeand pick them up and then go meet someone or meet them at the house? If she met them at the house then they would be on the same camera, wouldn't they? Oh, my brain hurts !

Are any of our timeline wizards available? I read upthread that the football game where Heidi left in a rush was 3 days before she went missing. If someone could compile the limited info we have into a timeline, it would be hugely helpful to reference in the thread.

There is some AMAZING sleuthing on this thread - some of the best I’ve seen. Corporate records, cases, maps, building ownerships, related investigations - So much deep digging. And what a twisted intriguing case. I don’t have anything of substance to add just a few thoughts - the building where the dog was found seems to have quite a few short term rentals - the type of place you could rent to meet someone that would seem respectable, not sketchy, but professional. Could Heidi have gotten a call/text asking to meet? And felt safe enough to meet? Many people involved with the investigation are clearly well-acquainted with shell corporations and entities that could obscure the “renter’s” true identity. If this is the case, I feel certain they didn’t rent on the 28th floor and the person found themselves with a dog they didn’t know what to do with.

I really hope the feds have paid some attention to the building and circumstance of how the dog was found - that they have gotten warrants for the building - albeit late. But I agree with the poster that said they that they seem more invested in the fraud investigation than Heidi.

Incorp Services is a company who for a fee, files your annual statement and offers other services- InCorp.com | Registered Agent Service - National Registered Agents
It's common for many businesses to use this type of service.

ETA - totally over her head. It would be interesting to know what the actual business her company was involved in.
MAGELLAN REAL ESTATE INVESTMENTS, LLC :: California (US) :: OpenCorporates
Wow There is a lot to learn from the names in this. She may have gotten in over her head. MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:
There is only one thing in all of this that doesn’t seem to fit the seedy world of organised crime, and that is the friending on Facebook. To me, that seems more personal, perhaps as though someone who knew her well on a personal level was trying to cover for something.
I believe her ex-husband was on FB trying to talk to friends to see if they had heard from her.

He speaks about trying to contact her friends after finding her phone in her apartment.

ETA: He speaks about it in this video.
Missing Mid-City mom has family, police concerned | KTLA

Last edited:
I noticed in all of the videos of her leaving her home with her dog the last time she is seen there, she is not carrying anything except a small purse. Yet, it is reported that her computer, phone are missing. I wonder when and how they disappeared. Did she leave the game and go back homeand pick them up and then go meet someone or meet them at the house? If she met them at the house then they would be on the same camera, wouldn't they? Oh, my brain hurts !
I wondered that, too, but the video looks cut - and not very well either. It abruptly goes from one frame to the another. It never shows her putting the dog in the car either.

I believe her ex-husband was on FB trying to talk to friends to see if they had heard from her.

He speaks about trying to contact her friends after finding her phone in her apartment.

ETA: He speaks about it in this video.
Missing Mid-City mom has family, police concerned | KTLA
I've read the requests came a day or two before she went missing. And we're mostly people she went to high school with. So maybe that aspect is real.

From the link, bolded by me:
“Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone, and her computer were all missing.” Mom missing after video shows her leaving for son’s football game nearly 2 weeks ago | CBS 17

If her personal phone is the one missing, does it then follow that the phone the ex found in her home was her business one? If so, doesn’t it seem she was not planning on doing work or being on call for work when she went to watch her son’s football game?

I wondered that, too, but the video looks cut - and not very well either. It abruptly goes from one frame to the another. It never shows her putting the dog in the car either.

I know! At first, I thought, hey! She forgot to put the dog in the car! Lol :confused:
Is it certain she took the dog to the football game with her, though?

So does anyone she work with live in the area of where the dog was found? Could she have been meeting up with someone to give all evidence to in case something happened to her? Maybe she had a meeting with someone involved in the fraud business and they shut her up? Or did she meet with someone and was dragged in to a car and the dog got left in the chaos? They go to her house guns drawn in case whoever she may have met with was there trying to steal evidence? Maybe she’s in hiding…trying to keep her kid out of it and keep him safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee