CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard of this case today, and have spent the last couple hours reading all of your posts. I have nothing to add that hasn't already been thrown out here, but I will say, there has been some amazing sleuthing going on here, in a case that may prove to be big headlines somewhere down the line. Marking my spot for now, and hoping to be able to contribute to the conversation soon. Hoping for a good ending to this story, but the needle is just about pegged on my hinky meter. JMO

I have a question.
Since computer tech is not my area of expertise, is it possible for for the Feds to access her files and history without being in possession of her laptop? through the cloud or other means, through her work phone that was found in the house ? Or would one need the hard drive for that? I know, it may be a dumb question....

I'm thinking, IF her disappearance is related to her work, and IF she was abducted or worse...maybe whoever she was to meet asked her to bring along her laptop.
Hopefully though she would have backed up to an exterior drive which was left in the house.

Bizarre.

I immediately get Prisma Reyes vibes.

Why was her dog roaming around on the 28th floor? And why is the building manager being so very shady?

ETA: Just googled it. Looks like a very fancy complex. Hmm.

Well, just at first glance, one would assume the dog was brought to the 28th floor and either let into a condo or not - but eventually kicked out of the condo, if it was ever in one.

I do not think the dog drove himself there or pushed the elevator buttons (I guess I should say that was slightly sarcastic, but I thought I would get out ahead of that one if possible.)

Something nefarious happened to the person who brought the dog there. If it happened nearby and some resident on the 28th floor isn't coming forward, well, that's starting to seem par for the course, these days. People just don't want to get involved in anything if they sense crime, death, mayhem 0r even, just "unusual circumstances."

I have a question.
Since computer tech is not my area of expertise, is it possible for for the Feds to access her files and history without being in possession of her laptop? through the cloud or other means, through her work phone that was found in the house ? Or would one need the hard drive for that? I know, it may be a dumb question....

I'm thinking, IF her disappearance is related to her work, and IF she was abducted or worse...maybe whoever she was to meet asked her to bring along her laptop.
Hopefully though she would have backed up to an exterior drive which was left in the house.
Good question. If her companies have a network, they could likely access her files there. But if it's shady stuff, they likely hide information in a different way.

Good question. If her companies have a network, they could likely access her files there. But if it's shady stuff, they likely hide information in a different way.

If LE is able to break into her work phone, they could look at whatever is on the phone. That includes emails, saved documents, messages, photos, etc. With a cloud backup in use, it might be possible to examine what was stored in the cloud.

It would be much tougher if information was on a missing laptop. A cloud backup would be helpful, if it could be identified and accessed. We don’t know if she used one, though. A backup on an external hard drive would be helpful, but we don’t know if she did that. The server of the computer system used for her companies would be the best bet. That server might have been tampered with or destroyed, though.

But, as noted, if they are doing illegal activities, it will take a lot of detective work to discover hidden information. If they’re dealing with money, though, there are records somewhere….

Last edited:
In a nutshell - money laundering - MOO. Not sure what it has do to with Heidi, may just be coincidental to her disappearance. But it's hard not to side-eye the business circumstances surrounding her.

Money laundering is certainly likely, but some of the people in these companies have also been tied to Ponzi schemes and embezzlement in the past. The SEC must know a lot more than we do.

Last edited:
We don't know if her disappearance has anything to do with her work. However the Feds being involved, her links to this securities fraud case, and that sudden aggressive raid on her home seem to point that way.

But we don't know if she has a part in that fraud case, or whether she is a victim of it.

I'm leaning to her being a victim....for now. What if she inadvertently stumbled on info she was not supposed to know. Someone found out or suspected she did, and could not risk her going to the police with info. Or maybe she already contacted police.
So someone set up an innocent sounding or social meeting at that apartment complex (which from previous sleuthing here, we know has an iffy reputation, as does the Onni group, maybe connected to all those LLCs), and asked her to bring the laptop, which would subsequently be destroyed... and Heidi made to "disappear"
At the same time, IF Heidi was complicit in something, whoever in that group may see her as a liability that could lead to the same result.

Just odd that she would bring her laptop to a football game, and leave at halftime to meet a boyfriend, friend, or go to a preplanned recreational activity.

I so hope, that she is in hiding....but then... her dog. :(

We don't know if her disappearance has anything to do with her work. However the Feds being involved, her links to this securities fraud case, and that sudden aggressive raid on her home seem to point that way.

But we don't know if she has a part in that fraud case, or whether she is a victim of it.

I'm leaning to her being a victim....for now. What if she inadvertently stumbled on info she was not supposed to know. Someone found out or suspected she did, and could not risk her going to the police with info. Or maybe she already contacted police.
So someone set up an innocent sounding or social meeting at that apartment complex (which from previous sleuthing here, we know has an iffy reputation, as does the Onni group, maybe connected to all those LLCs), and asked her to bring the laptop, which would subsequently be destroyed... and Heidi made to "disappear"
At the same time, IF Heidi was complicit in something, whoever in that group may see her as a liability that could lead to the same result.

Just odd that she would bring her laptop to a football game, and leave at halftime to meet a boyfriend, friend, or go to a preplanned recreational activity.

I so hope, that she is in hiding....but then... her dog. :(

With all those connections to multiple LLCs, I just have the feeling that Heidi would have to be aware of any illegal activity going on at some point. Probably not when she was first hired, but she must have realized something was “off” after a while. Maybe she was afraid to leave.

I lean towards towards a rendezvous in the shady Omni apartment complex, with someone who probably killed her. Either her employers or a swindled investor…. From the reviews of the apartment complex on Yelp, it appears that it was also being operated as a hotel, and that there was a lot of criminal activity inside. It sounds like an ideal setting for an ambush. The dog may have been released on a random floor early in the incident. Otherwise, I could imagine it scratching or waiting at the door Heidi entered, if the incident took place in an apartment. The garage of the building is also a possible ambush setting, darker, with fewer potential witnesses.

If I was going to have to leave my dog to disappear while not let anyone I know know I am planning to disappear what safer place than on a high floor of a luxury condo. Someone is going to take notice and they are not going to starve or be hit by a car. There could be some method to that madness. JMO I find the reaching out on facebook to people from her past immediately proceeding her disappearance strange. I find the FBI entering her house with guns drawn really strange. Hadn't her ex already been there when he found her work phone? At this time I am thinking and hoping she either voluntarily disappeared or she has been put in protection.
It seems to me that the raid on her house had less to do with her disappearance than with the federal investigation.

The entire raid was caught on camera so the media would have had some prior knowledge that it was going to occur. LE knew her ex-husband and a friend had been in her home and she wasn't there. But let's say there were there looking for her, they would not have brought the FBI with them.

I think after some investigation, LE started putting the pieces together and contacted the FBI. They were there looking for evidence related to the federal investigations. If they found some clues to her whereabouts, all the better.

I have a question.

Only with a search warrant. And based on some of the pleadings and news articles I've read, they haven't been very successful gaining access. Her disappearance gave them - and a judge - a lawful reason to enter her home and search for evidence.

I was critical of how long it took LE to search her home or even do a well check. I now think it took so long because a warrant had to be secured.

Okay, so I'm starting to go through some of the sources on this thread.

This document is a subpeona for documents from the firm Camden Capital Partners, dated July 2018. So not particularly relevant to Heidi's disappearance, IMO.

Heidi is listed as a Controller for multiple entities related to Camden. Some were dissolved more recently.

Heidi is listed as a Controller for multiple entities related to Camden. Some were dissolved more recently.
Heidi is not a lawyer, accountant, or a financial wizard. IMO 'Controller', in this case, is a fancy name for personal assistant in what is, essentially, a series of shell companies owned by JS. There is nothing to control, except to submit filings according to your boss's requests.

<modsnip>

JS faced fraud charges in 2019, but that appears to have been dropped quickly - probably in exchange for evidence - and the whole Galanas/Tribal Lands case was brought to trial in 2020, without JS being implicated.

IMO the media rumours started this whole fraud thing, and it's a dead end.

However, IMO she is, unfortunately, likely the victim of homicide, and that's why police have thoroughly searched her home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused, too. The way it's described could mean the dog was found on the 28th floor by the tenants or LE/family found the dog with the tenants on the 28th floor.

Edited to say---nevermind---pup was apparently found in the building...

I think they found the dog outside somewhere, maybe on the sidewalk or in the parking area...and took him home to care for him. They did the responsible thing of having his chip scanned, so the owners could find him if they checked. Which her ex did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members