CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to LAPD.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building. Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone and computer, were all gone.

Planck is white, 5-feet-3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater driving a 2017 gray Range Rover with a black-and-yellow California license plate of U840X0.

Culver-City-Mother-2.png

CA - Heidi Planck,39,left son’s game,dog found, Los Angeles,17 Oct 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No discussion

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited:
Mod Note:

I must say my head is still spinning from trying to wrap my mind around so many moving parts as it relates to Heidi's life and what has surfaced. Therefore, I can absolutely see where the gray areas might be in trying to discuss this case. Here is the skinny as it relates to the rules:

-Do not sleuth individuals not named a victim or POI/Suspect. So basically - the only individual approved for sleuthing at this time is Heidi
-You can however discuss what is published in MSM regarding Heidi's business associates, etc. Use initials only and do not expand the discussion scope beyond what is published in the article as it relates to these individuals.
-Include links to support any information posted as fact
-Keep in mind that WS is a victim friendly discussion forum

If you have any questions please report on any post to reach an Admin or Mod.

Best,
Tiff

Complete List of TOS can be found HERE

ADMIN NOTE:

Please move on from the post-disappearance custody order aspect. After numerous pages of to and fro, it's become a bit tedious and in some instances the speculation is entering into the realm of not victim friendly.

Given Heidi was the Financial Controller in a company where the CEO and many within the company are under investigation by the SEC for a $43 million theft of pension funds, I know where I'd put my money (or not ?? ;))

I see there is discussion of court records that have been posted to social media. Are those records of the request for full custody by her son's father? Or are people finding other court records? I looked at the custody stuff, and I didn't see anything that jumped out to me as particularly noteworthy.

I see there is discussion of court records that have been posted to social media. Are those records of the request for full custody by her son's father? Or are people finding other court records? I looked at the custody stuff, and I didn't see anything that jumped out to me as particularly noteworthy.
I found many interesting things. Perhaps tomorrow we can detail them.

With as tight lipped and sealed off as the immediate and extended family, social circle, business associates and investigation are, I can envision a great many in the rarified air of Beverly Hills with shivers up and down their spines.
What happened to Heidi? Where is she?

With as tight lipped and sealed off as the immediate and extended family, social circle, business associates and investigation are, I can envision a great many in the rarified air of Beverly Hills with shivers up and down their spines.
What happened to Heidi? Where is she?
Speaking of her family, do we think LE is communicating with them at least on some level about the details and that's why they're sort of in the background? I've seen the Daily Mail or Sun interview with her mom, but that's really been about it. I'd like to know what kind of relationship she had with her family. It appears the only family she had in Cali was BW.

Unrelated thought, the public court docket does seem to indicate there were disputes between her and JW. There is a small claims case against HP where he was awarded a little over 7k in damages, and one of the entries in family court indicates there was dispute over what school BW would attend. While I think things were far less than rainbows and sunshine between the two of them, I want to think JW's primary focus is truly BW and his well being and all the conflicting statements we have about the timeline is due to his haste to get the news out to everybody and not having a better timeline written down.

In the beginning stages of lawsuits, attorneys take depositions of witnesses and, depending on the case, get records from medical providers, employers, etc. It never fails that a witness will give a different date or recollection of events later at trial and the next question the attorney will ask is: Do you think your memory is better now than it was then?

I know there is plenty of research out there on the way memory is retained, and I can only imagine the whirlwind his life must be right now with a distraught child and serving as the lead point of contact for his ex-wife's missing person investigation, but if there's an issue recalling dates now, I don't think it's going to get better down the road. In the event this doesn't turn out with HP safe at home, that could be a big issue later down the road.

Should he ever stumble across this thread, my advice, write the timeline down now. Go back, review your previous interviews and get the timeline straight in your mind because the details matter, the days matter. You don't have to give the public all of the details, but if you're going to, make sure they're correct.

I have never had to search for a missing person in the US.
I have read the page here at WS laying out great guidance and explanations about the process.
I still don’t understand why it took 8 days after the initial report for LAPD to post the Missing Person Bulletin for Heidi.
Can someone here please explain that? And does it mean it wasn't registered in the National
Database - Namus- until the 28th, as well?
This is interesting:
https://www.katc.com/database-for-missing-people-underutilized
Thank you

Last edited:
Ah I missed that—thank you. It sort of sounds like they have not found her car then, but why no big message to the public to be on the lookout for it? So mysterious.
I noticed when looking at the alley video of Heidi just a short time before she went missing, that there was metered street parking. If that's what she used, then it would have been ticketed repeatedly and could have been towed. Surely, LE would have checked other parking garages in the area as well. At least I hope so.

Because they haven't made plea for help to locate the car, aside from the first bulletin they issued, I do think they found it. LE has been so tight-lipped about this case, it makes me think they know what happened.

I keep thinking that she has a friend in the building and hoped to leave Seven with them. She was in a hurry.

She knew that someone on that floor would find Seven, find Seven's information tag - and the microchip. She was hoping for the best for Seven. I thought the tag was still on the dog and that her ex-husband says the people who found Seven tried to text or call several times.

But I agree with you that she was planning to disappear. Or so it seems.
In the alley video, she has on the same clothes she left the house in so she didn't take time to go home and change.

She left the football game, made her way to H+F, walked the dog in the alley a bit, then was separated from the dog somehow, and the dog was found by residents - all within a three-hour period. That's a tight window.

What happened causing her to be separated from the dog, happened very quickly.

In the alley video, she has on the same clothes she left the house in so she didn't take time to go home and change.

She left the football game, made her way to H+F, walked the dog in the alley a bit, then was separated from the dog somehow, and the dog was found by residents - all within a three-hour period. That's a tight window.

Is there a link to the alley video? I haven't seen it yet. Is she alone with the dog? TIA!

Sometimes it takes a case like this to remind me how much I despise sites like the DM and the Sun. They do cover these type stories more than other news outlets, but you never know if what you are reading is totally accurate, and I always feel dirty afterwards. JMO

Do you know ANY news outlets where you know that what you are reading is totally accurate? Or what they are deciding to NOT report? Or where they are without bias?

Considering that there have been no pleas to the public for help, no interviews with family members, the ex-husband going quiet, etc, it seems to me that the police knows what happened to HP and are just tying up loose ends.

Similarly, in the case of the KPMG executive Alan White in Texas, there was very little information from the police or interviews with family members; he went missing, car was found, then body was found, and that's it.

From the DM article, it’s hard for me to know if JW accompanied them on the wellness check: “He also asked the police to perform a welfare check on Heidi. A police officer went through the house with a body camera and with the landlord but there was no sign of her.”
So who is her landlord that accompanied the police? MOO

This is why I discount JW as a POI. He would also have been busy at the game and with others during that time.

Based on linguistic and semantical analysis :pand a look around the board of the monopoly like game history there at 3129 Helms aka Helms Square, I bet that the term “landlord” is being used in a colloquial sense.
MOO JMOO

You raise an interesting point. All we have is a statement from JW that the "landlord" accompanied the police officer to do a wellness check. LE is not going to come out with a statement contradicting him if that is not true, but if you have been reading my many posts, you probably know I take everything JW says with a grain of salt, bc there have been so many contradictions, mostly by himself, to statements he has previously made. But, if someone did accompany the officer to said wellness check, I would love to know if the "landlord" is someone already known to us... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper