Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that's a very likely possibility. Good find.

Attached, collage of Nerissa with the old and new sketches of Andrea. Click to enlarge. As you say, it's hard to compare features because of the angle and lighting, but it looks close enough. Sketches, even the very scientific and detailed ones, are still only an approximation.

Nerissa Franklin was excluded as being this UID.

The trouble is that repeatedly, I try to come up with different versions of Caucasian eyes which usually are a different color, and she looks somewhat Caucasian. And then when I change the color back to brown to match the description given, she looks Hispanic again. I do need to stay within the constraints indicated by the lower eyelids, the thick eyelashes, and the shape of the flesh above her eyes, and it bothers me that the new NCMEC recon shows big wide eyes (with almost no lower eyelid) that isn't evident in the PM photo.

You can't just drop a set of eyes onto a PM photo without staying within the constraints of what is shown.

The shape and contour of her face is what it is, give or take a few very minor modifications to adjust for possible postmortem effects (e.g., lowering the eyebrows, reducing the jowl, and now lowering the tip of her nose), and I still end up with the same overall look.

Here's another try using light-brown eyes that are almost hazel. Still, I have a look that is either Hispanic or Mediterranean.

2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

Carl, look at this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• sketch_Ilenepossibility.png.jpg
    sketch_Ilenepossibility.png.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 267
I wouldn't be surprised to find that she occasionally wore bangs or had just worn them the prior year or two. They were the style back then and it is possible that people knew her like that. She seemed to take care to have "a look".
Ilene did have bangs at the time of her disappearance. The photo used for comparison is a computer-aged one.

1. her family was extremely religious and she had been a troublesome, wayward child (smoking, drinking) and they had disowned her prior
2. her family was abusive and neglectful (not much of a family)
3. She was a foster child
4. Her family were immigrants and poor (thought they couldn't afford to bury her) (her teeth don't match this story)
5. her mom/caregiver was constantly going from guy to guy and self centered. no other family*

*sadly, I personally many people who grew up living on some guy's or friend's couch or another with no stable home environment. Their mom wouldn't contact them for weeks on end because she was too busy to care.

6. kidnap victim far from home, no way to get back

1. Dixie Arensen 1948 California
2. Tavia Bailey 1970 Florida
3. Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
4. Kimberly Billy 1965 California
5. Aundria Bowman 1974 Michigan
6. Cynthia Carmack 1971 Ohio
7. Michelle Duncan 1966 California
8. Andrea Durham 1976 Florida
9. Christine Eastin 1952 California
10. Denise *advertiser censored* 1966 California
11. Wendy Felton 1971 Indiana
12. Nerissa Franklin 1974 Mississippi
13. Tebble Garrett 1970 South Carolina
14. Rose Gayhart 1962 Florida
15. Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
16. Amy Johnson 1961 California
17. Kimberlie Kantonen 1969 California
18. Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
19. Mona Lincoln 1967 California
20. Sandra Lowe 1962 California
21. Gayle Marks 1969 California
22. Maria Medina 1970 California
23. Penelope Milbourn 1963 California
24. Jennifer Pandos 1971 Virginia
25. Shaliegh Phillips 1975 California
26. Dean Pyle 1966 Michigan
27. Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
28. Mary Shondel 1959 Minnesota
29. Christina Smith 1964 California
30. Annette Vail 1965 Arizona
31. Joyce Walcott 1967 California
32. Sheree Warren 1960 Utah
33. Julie Weflen 1959 Washington

Bumping, as Ilene still hasn't been ruled out...:bump::crossfingers::praying::autumn:

Bumping, as Ilene still hasn't been ruled out...:bump::crossfingers:[emoji14]raying::autumn:
I'm seeing some match potential in the brow and hairline for Ilene with the ncmc recon. There is a photo on the doe page for Ilene with ribbons where her face reminds me of Carl's recon. I'm struggling with her case circumstances; I didn't see any implications of mental health problems or obvious reasons for running away reported in msm.

I'm seeing some match potential in the brow and hairline for Ilene with the ncmc recon. There is a photo on the doe page for Ilene with ribbons where her face reminds me of Carl's recon. I'm struggling with her case circumstances; I didn't see any implications of mental health problems or obvious reasons for running away reported in msm.
She didn't run away- she was kidnapped. No reason they couldn't have driven her to Southern California. It's happened before.

By "ribbons" you mean bangs? I saw some new pictures of her there that I hadn't seen before.

1. Dixie Arensen 1948 California
2. Tavia Bailey 1970 Florida
3. Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
4. Kimberly Billy 1965 California
5. Aundria Bowman 1974 Michigan
6. Cynthia Carmack 1971 Ohio
7. Michelle Duncan 1966 California
8. Andrea Durham 1976 Florida
9. Christine Eastin 1952 California
10. Denise *advertiser censored* 1966 California
11. Wendy Felton 1971 Indiana
12. Nerissa Franklin 1974 Mississippi
13. Tebble Garrett 1970 South Carolina
14. Rose Gayhart 1962 Florida
15. Brenda Green 1972 Alabama
16. Amy Johnson 1961 California
17. Kimberlie Kantonen 1969 California
18. Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
19. Mona Lincoln 1967 California
20. Sandra Lowe 1962 California
21. Gayle Marks 1969 California
22. Maria Medina 1970 California
23. Penelope Milbourn 1963 California
24. Jennifer Pandos 1971 Virginia
25. Shaliegh Phillips 1975 California
26. Dean Pyle 1966 Michigan
27. Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
28. Mary Shondel 1959 Minnesota
29. Christina Smith 1964 California
30. Annette Vail 1965 Arizona
31. Joyce Walcott 1967 California
32. Sheree Warren 1960 Utah
33. Julie Weflen 1959 Washington

Has Ellen Akers from FL been ruled out? I strongly believe this is our UID

No, see the list above.

Well I'd look more into her. She fits to Description and. Looks very similar to the UID

You'd probably get more response if you included pointers to her information and pictures.

The height and weight are the same. Andrea told people she came from several states in the east Coast, Ellen lived in FL. She "disappeared in 1981, at age 15. In 1990, she would have been 25/26, the same age(s) Andrea claimed to be. Ellen had several fillings whilst sources list Andrea having recent expensive dental work. I'm not used to writing long paragraphs so sorry if it's out of order or incoherent.

Poor Andrea! I can't imagine a person just being forgotten. It's so sad.

Has anyone ever read "the face on the milk carton" haha, it's a really unlikely scenario, but maybe it's something like that, so when she had an accident the "parents" were too scared to come forward, who knows.

Someone has to know her! I hope she's identified one day

The height and weight are the same. Andrea told people she came from several states in the east Coast, Ellen lived in FL. She "disappeared in 1981, at age 15. In 1990, she would have been 25/26, the same age(s) Andrea claimed to be. Ellen had several fillings whilst sources list Andrea having recent expensive dental work. I'm not used to writing long paragraphs so sorry if it's out of order or incoherent.
I'm not taking what's reported as "Andrea" saying as fact. If you think you have a match, then the thing to do is to call the contact at the Orange County, CA coroner's office and tell them. Their number can be found on the NamUs page for this UID. Is there DNA available for your prospective match? If your possible match is excluded, it will only take a week for them to know, if it is positive it can take 4-6 weeks to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie