CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AWC, those other two links--the first one went completely out, and the second one (cbs whatever) is just a 9:30 minute loop--nothing live there.

I am still trying to get on the news10 link--so far no luck.

OMG what if they are other missing girls???

That was my first thought when I heard that. The wife Garrido is in her 50's--seems a bit old to have an 11 year old daughter, doesn't it?

I pray that if there are other missing children there that they will be reunited as soon as possible with their parents.

My goodness..........

Here is a pic of the female suspect on Jaycee's doenetwork page

http://doenetwork.org/
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jaycee was last seen walking to a bus stop at 8:15 AM on June 10, 1991 near her home in South Lake Tahoe, California.
A gray Ford or Mercury 1979 or 1980 two-tone gray sedan (sketch below) was seen making a U-turn on the same street where Dugard was walking. Two unidentified people, a man and a woman (pictured below), were inside the car. The female grabbed Jaycee and pulled her inside the vehicle, then sped away. Jaycee's stepfather chased the car while riding a bicycle until it eluded him.

JDugardCar.jpg

Sketch of abductor's car

Featured below is a sketch of the female suspect in Dugard's case:

JDugardSusp.jpg
JDugardSusp1.jpg

Sketches of female suspect

The suspect had long black hair and a dark complexion. She was approximately 32 years old in 1991 and was approximately 5'5.

I hope the family accepts a lot of help from expert counselors in trying to build a new relationship with Jaycee.

I got the sense from the Elizabeth Smart case that the family didn't want to accept what happened to her and wanted to pick back up almost like nothing had happened. That's a very understandable thing, you don't want to face the horrible things that happened to your daughter, but it's not the best thing for her.

This makes me wonder what became of the other girls that were suspected of being related to Jaycee's case. I know that they figured out who took Amber Garcia, but two other girls were also missing; Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garecht.

Nancy M Garrido 54,55
Nancy Mrs Garrido
Nancy Bocanegra
Nancy Garrida
Nancy Garrizo

Antioch, CA
Denver, CO
New York, NY
Leavenworth, KS

Phillip C. Garrido

That was my first thought when I heard that. The wife Garrido is in her 50's--seems a bit old to have an 11 year old daughter, doesn't it?

I pray that if there are other missing children there that they will be reunited as soon as possible with their parents.

My goodness..........

She's in her 50's now, and the child is 29 so I can see how people could have thought it was their own kid because they would have been in their mid 30's at the time.

It reports the couple was arrested after they walked into the station with Dugard to ask a question. Apparently whatever they asked aroused the suspicions of a Concord police officer who took action.
The couple lives in Antioch and both are being held on one million dollars bail.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Kidnapped-Girl-Emerges-18-Years-Later-55381482.html

BBM :eek:

Maz

The article says the FBI set up a tent in the backyard of the Antioch house. That is never good news.

Prayers for anyone else they might find there.

Salem

I am so happy that it is her. I just hope the other girls in that house get rescued as well! I am sure there will be a lot of information coming out about these scumbags and their crimes. :furious:

It reports the couple was arrested after they walked into the station with Dugard to ask a question. Apparently whatever they asked aroused the suspicions of a Concord police officer who took action.
The couple lives in Antioch and both are being held on one million dollars bail.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Kidnapped-Girl-Emerges-18-Years-Later-55381482.html

BBM :eek:

Maz

Okay - so they were WITH Jaycee when she went to the police station. It sounds like from this article she did not go with intent to turn herself in but for some other reason and LE became suspicious and the truth came out?
If she was with them when they went to the station i wonder if she has been living with them all these years. She is a 29 year old woman now it is hard to believe she would not have broken free but as we know Stolkhom-Syndrome can be a very powerful and enigmatic disorder (for lack of a better word).

it will be interesting to see photos of the perps from when this happened if they match the sketches

She's in her 50's now, and the child is 29 so I can see how people could have thought it was their own kid because they would have been in their mid 30's at the time.
There is a video of reporters talking to a neighbor. The neighbor said she moved in 2 months ago and she has seen ANOTHER 11 year old girl there and the 11 year old told the neighbor she had another older "sister" and one older than that (Jaycee). So, there are concerns that there may be two other girls (women) involved. The poster was saying that NG, now in her later 50s would be unlikely to be the natural mother of a current 11 year old that the neighbor says is there.

They all are saying the live links people are getting bumped out due to the heavy internet traffic keep trying all of them & you should be able to get back to one. I'm keeping mine on the News10 & the CBS5 link! Try these again everyone (cleo!)

NEWS10 Live:
http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default-on.aspx?menuid=181

(No sound on this one!)CBS5 Live:
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=54598@kpix.dayport.com

Live video: Search of Antioch home Inside BayArea (no picture at this time) I refreshed & still says there is live coverage keep trying this one!
http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_13214483

I hope this helps anyone out! I'll check to see if ktvu.com has any live coverage.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member