DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart Detective Recognizes Jaycee Dugard
8 mins ago
<snipped>
An unnamed source told News10 they received a call Wednesday from a detective in the Bay Area who said "I've got Jaycee Dugard sitting across the table from me."

According to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's a parole agent brought in Garrido who is a parolee for questioning. On Wednesday suspicious activity had been reported when Garrido, a registered sex offender, was seen with two small children at U.C. Berkeley.
CDCR officers contacted the Concord Police Department to help in determining the identity of the two children and the woman who accompanied Garrido to the CDCR's parole office in Concord.

CDCR officials said in a statement, "The diligent questioning and follow up by the parolee's agent of record led to Garrido revealing his kidnapping of the adult female. It was further revealed by Garrido that she was Jaycee Lee Dugard and that the children were his."

Article:
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65918&catid=2

:angel:

Not only am I Jaycee Dugard's age and remember when this happened, I just saw that line in there about UC Berkeley. I am an employee there and it just completely hit close to home! This was going on around the same time as a couple of other Bay Area abductions. I wonder if it will be found out that these two (I don't even want to say human beings) people will be involved in any other kidnappings!

CREEEEEPPPPYYYYY!!!!

Because I'm sicillian and they saw my post about the facebook link and they assumed that I must be right lol. They must have not heard what they say about assuming because I'm not so sure her name is Patricia now. The Patricia on the skiptracing ws is 88 yo. :crazy:

ahhhhh wow really? that's funny

This story reminds me a lot of Steven Staynor. :(

I am so happy Jaycee has been found but so, so sorry for what she had to go through.

Tahoe Kidnapping Drama Began On UC-Berkeley Campus
August 27, 2009
Updated 9 minutes ago
<snipped>
State prison official Scott Kernan said a parole officer was contacted by UC Berkeley campus police after Phillip Garrido was seen on campus.

Garrido was called in by the unidentified state parole officer for questioning and was accompanied by &#8220;two women and two juveniles.&#8221;

The officer thought something was suspicious and during questioning Garrido admitted to kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard from a South Lake Tahoe school bus stop in 1991.

Garrido, 58, of Antioch, and his wife, Nancy Garrido, 54, were taken into custody by the Concord police who were called in by the parole officer to assist in the case.

Both were being held on $1 million bail.

Terry Probyn traveled to the Bay Area early Thursday with her 19-year-old daughter. A family member told KTVU that mother and missing daughter have been reunited in person.

The call ended an 18-year nightmare for Dugard.

VIDEO UPDATE: Two Suspects In Custody, Investigation Underway After Kidnapping Victim Returns 18 Years After Abduction
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20586757/index.html

VIDEO~ STEPFATHER INTERVIEW: Dugard's Stepfather Talks About The End Of An Abduction Nightmare
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20581900/index.html

VIDEO: CONCORD: Stepfather Talks About Stunning End To 18-Year-Old Chilkd Abduction Case
http://www.ktvu.com/video/20581239/index.html

Article:
http://www.ktvu.com/news/20581022/detail.html

ahhhhh wow really? that's funny

So I wonder who the Patricia that came up as a relative of both suspects is. She's 88 and also shows up living in Antioch so I wonder if she was living with them also? Didnt someone say he was arrested for elder abuse at some point in the past couple years?

I was going to post the same thing. Can't believe he had home visits from the parole officers. They never saw the two children? Did he hide them? Did his wife conveniently take away Jaycee and the children before they came?

I'd like to know more about what a house visit is all about. IMO, they should be spontaneous. I have questions after this press conference, as no one addressed that bombshell at the end of the pc of him having home visits as part of his parole.

I have actually lived in the same house with a parolee (stupid non violent crime...long story!!! Hahaha) in Contra Costa County...and the parole checks by the sheriff's are completely random. Usually the sheriffs would show up around the same time period, but completely random days. You would never know when they would show up. There are also very strict rules in Contra Costa County for parolee's. Although my experience was about ten years ago, there could be no weapons, no firearms, no alcohol, no drugs, the phone could not have 3way calling, and the sheriff's were allowed to do complete house searches for no reason at anytime! I can not believe someone did not figure this out sooner...although I am glad that this angel has been saved...and her two small children! Makes you believe in miracles again! Hopefully she can start to heal.

So I wonder who the Patricia that came up as a relative of both suspects is. She's 88 and also shows up living in Antioch so I wonder if she was living with them also? Didnt someone say he was arrested for elder abuse at some point in the past couple years?

I just read an aricle somewhere in which the neighbor said he cared for his mother. Let me see if I can find it again.

I just read an article that quoted a neighbor - the neighbor said they were caring for his elderly mother. I have no idea where I read that though, so sorry, I don't have a link.

I just read an article that quoted a neighbor - the neighbor said they were caring for his elderly mother. I have no idea where I read that though, so sorry, I don't have a link.

Here it is -

Neighbor Helen Boyer, 78, described the Garridos as nice and friendly and said they cared for Phillip Garrido's elderly mother.
"If I needed something, they would be the first I would call on," Boyer said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543640,00.html

Garrido, 58, of Antioch, and his wife, Nancy Garrido, 54
genthumb.ashx

When I pulled up Patricia Garrido, it does show Phillip and Nancy as relatives, but lists Patricia as Patricia Lucille Franzen and 88 yrs old. It also lists another address location of Brentwood, CA. Maybe a parent of Phillip or Nancy that they used as Jaycees name?

It also lists a relative by the name of Herschel Franzen, age 38. When I look him up individually, he is listed as being 88 yrs old too, with the following person as a relative: Michelle R Franzen. When I look HER up, she is listed as being 34, with relatives: Edward, Coe Linda, Micheal, Diane, PL (Patricia L), and Herschel.

Ok...looking on ancestry.com, there is a Patricia Garrido with the married name of Patricia Franzen, who was born May 1921. So, I am guessing (IMO) that she is Phillips mother? Herschel must be a step-father, because I found a CA marriage certificate from 1978.

He's been on parole since 1988. Jaycee was kidnapped on June 10, 1991, Apparently, someone spotted him, the girl and the grey sedan in or near Antioch in 1991 and called 911, he was sent up again for parole violation from April 1993 to August 1993, Jaycee (at age 15) has a child in about 1995 (14 years ago), Jaycee (at age 17/18) has another child (11 years ago [possibly two pregnancies via the perp as a minor], the longer term neighbors who took care of his aging mother knew that 3 blond young females "visited" with him, the neighbors knew he was a religious nut, the neighbors knew he claimed to have created a device to do something with hearing voices and something about being able to talk to God, he continues to be a registered sexual offender and on parole. Finally, in August 2009, somebody (maybe a parole officer or LEO) sees him at a Berekley park with blonde minor child(ren). He is hauled into the LE office and brings Jaycee and possibly the 2 other girls with him to prove that the minors are his. (The existence of the very young pregnancies, mind control, religious cultism, sexual violence and youth of the kidnapped victim are more than sufficient to explain why Jaycee didn't surface before this. Scared. Brainwashed. Feeling guilty, dirty and sure her family didn't want her anymore. Fearful for her two babies. Mentally ground down to nothing.)

[These are not Jaycee's fault -- none of it -- 1000% of this is the perp's fault and only his fault. He may well be mentally ill, but it is still his fault and solely his fault. He may have had an horrific childhood, but it is still his fault and solely his fault. Jaycee and her daughters are not one percent at fault here -- not even a scintilla's worth of fault.
However, that being said, we, the rational people want to welcome Jaycee and her two daughters to our community. We hope and pray that the grandparents and aunt will do the same. Regardless of their paternity, circumstances of conception or circumstances of birth they are wonderful and valuable girls and so welcome to our community.]

Against this history, how in blazes did the parole officials not know who this multi-perp registered SO was living with? I would indeed say that the California Parole Board ought to launch an investigation here. We want answers to this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel