CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katherine Callaway, who was raped by Jaycee Lee Dugard's kidnapper, glad Phillip Garrido behind bars

A Las Vegas woman raped by kidnap sicko Phillip Garrido said Friday she was relieved the "monster" is behind bars again.

"I am overwhelmingly relieved," Katherine Callaway told The Daily News. "He's a monster."

Callaway said she was "shocked" when she learned that the man arrested for kidnapping and raping Jaycee Lee Dugard was the same man who attacked her in the 1970s.

Callaway, who lives in Las Vegas, said she intends to speak more about her ordeal in the coming days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-28_katherine_callaway_who_was_raped_by_.html

And guess what? Even back in the '70's he used a camera.

<snip>
Sheriff Warren Rupf apologized publicly Friday for missing "an opportunity to have intervened earlier." He said, "We are beating ourselves up over this and are continuing to do so."
But the sad fact is that many people missed an opportunity to end this ordeal.
As a registered sex offender, Garrido was required to check in regularly with a parole office. None of those visits, except the last one, raised any suspicions.
Garrido regularly blogged about the kind of outrageous claims — the ability to speak in tongues and to control sound with his mind — that should have identified him as a box of rocks on a ledge, but no one saw the warning signs. Garrido's older brother, Ron, in one published account, acknowledged that he knew Garrido was deeply troubled. He described him as a "fruitcake" but apparently never was concerned enough to intervene.
The underlying question that spans the past 18 years is how did such bizarre, erratic behavior go unquestioned day after day? How did an encampment cordoned off with fences and tarps used to imprison three human beings not evoke someone's curiosity? It makes you a little nervous about your Neighborhood Watch program.
One of the ironies of Garrido's discovery and arrest is that he was busy distributing, yes, religious pamphlets at UC Berkeley when a campus cop sensed something suspicious about his relationship with the two children accompanying him.
Garrido had nearly always dodged suspicion before.
This case might have been closed years ago if someone had been suspicious earlier.
read more: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13225584

What blows my mind the most about this case is that Jaycee could have been home for the last three years if the officer had done his job. How hard can it be for LE to look up someone's records...heck, I can pull up the sex offenders list for the town that I live in and see if there are any living near me.....it's public information here in Texas.

Oh and the parole officer who was assigned to PG also dropped the ball big time. I don't see how the whole property was never searched. My question is this, back when he was picked up for parole violation in 93, when he was released did they not search his house and property? My gosh, if that had happened Jaycee could have been home for the past what, 16 years?

Not only should this scum never see the light of day again, I also feel that in investigation needs to be done on the parole officer and on the deputy that answered the 911 call back in 2006.

M~

Somewhere within these threads someone had asked why PG was sent to serve his time at Leavenworth....my guess would be that since he was charged with kidnapping and that is a federal crime, he would serve time in a federal prison. If that is wrong please someone correct me.

TIA :)

M~

IERA SUB S 84 FT OF LOT 22.
Lot Number 22 Tract Number
Block Subdivision

Characteristics
Use Sfr Year Built 1951 Sq. Feet 1457
Zoning R-10 Lot Size Ac/Sq Ft .5207 / 22680 # of units
Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms 1 Fireplace
#Rooms 7 Quality Heating
Pool/Spa N Air N Style
Stories 1 Improvements Parking Garage
Flood C Gross Area 1457 Garage Area 800
Basement Area

Attributes
Other
Property Sale Information
Sale Date 07/00/1979 $/Sq. Ft. $46.67 2nd Mtg.
Sale Price $68,000.00 1st Loan $48,000.00 Prior Sale Amt.
Doc No. 9449-810 Loan Type Conventional Prior Sale Dt.
Doc Type Deed (reg) Xfer Date Prior Doc No. 7486-294
Seller Lender Adobe S&l Prior Doc Type Deed (reg)
*$/Sq. Ft. is a calculation of Sales Price divided by Sq. Feet

Tax Information
Imp Value $89,655.00 Exemption Homeowner
Land Value $27,573.00 Tax Year/Area 2008/53026
Total Value $117,228.00 Tax Value $110,228.00
Tax Amount $1,194.76 Improved 76%

Assessor's Parcel Number(APN): 051-072-007-1 Today's Date: 08/28/2009
Property Location(Situs): 1554 WALNUT AVE , ANTIOCH

Current Tax Year Information

TO PAY BOTH 1ST AND 2ND INSTALLMENTS TOGETHER, SELECT THE PAY BUTTON FOR THE 2ND INSTALLMENT
Bill Type
Installment Bill Number
Due Date Bill
Amount Bill
Balance Payment
Status
09/10Secured Taxes Available Sept 17,2009

REDEMPTION 2004-07330 $6,702.44 $6,702.44 View Bill
THRU 08/31/2009

SUBTOTAL $6,702.44 $6,702.44

*Amounts may include additional penalty and interest if past-due.
The balance due, including any penalty, is as of : 08/22/2009.
Posting occur at minimum weekly. Payments processed are posted through: 08/22/2009.
For prior year tax information on this property please refer to Prior Tax Year Information.
CURRENT ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
as of January 1, 2008

Land
$27,033
Improve
$87,898
PP
$0
Gross
$114,931
Exemption
$7,000
Taxable
$107,931
Exemption Type
HOMEOWNERS Tax Rate Area
53026 Last Transfer Date
http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/index.aspx?NID=2079

Ok, so she inheirited the house and property. They've not been refinancing it. The mother presumably would have some type of retirement income. But I still have that feeling.

all of this talk of hoping she sells her story for lots and lots of money is crazy to me! it just smacks of exploitation to me. what makes anyone think that she would want to share what she has been through.

i know what people will say, well if she wants to do it that's up to her and yes it is, but the snakes will circle them and the pressure will be enormous to do it. makes me sick. i hope they give her a new identity so people will leave her the hell alone and let her TRY to build some pieces of a life.

I haven't posted in forever but I am pleased but also sad about her being found. I can not imagine how her and her 2 children will recover. Or for that matter how her parents feel, it has to be bittersweet. I wish them the best, all 3 have a long road ahead of them and I do hope they can have a happy life. I do hope in the end this has a happy ending but for now it is far from a happy ending. Her life basically seemed to end at 11, I do hope they can all pick up the pieces.

all of this talk of hoping she sells her story for lots and lots of money is crazy to me! it just smacks of exploitation to me. what makes anyone think that she would want to share what she has been through.

i know what people will say, well if she wants to do it that's up to her and yes it is, but the snakes will circle them and the pressure will be enormous to do it. makes me sick. i hope they give her a new identity so people will leave her the hell alone and let her TRY to build some pieces of a life.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if the news stations and/or paps aren't already camped outside of her mother's home waiting to get the first glimpse of Jaycee. Very saddening if they are. I sure hope they give her and her family privacy.

I am curious what she looks like today and what she is like but hope her privacy is respected I am sure in time we will see her. I feel for her family I can not imagine how they feel. It is such a shocking and amazing story.

I am curious what she looks like today and what she is like but hope her privacy is respected I am sure in time we will see her. I feel for her family I can not imagine how they feel. It is such a shocking and amazing story.

I agree. I, too, am curious about what she looks like and how she is coping. I only want to see her on her terms. That being she wants to reveal who she is and what she looks like. Not from a photo taken by a photog who is following her, etc. She doesn't need to be violated anymore.

I agree. I'd love to see what she looks like, and hear her speak, but it is only if she wants to come forward.

I cannot imagine what she went through, and hope that she will be able to have some semblance of a normal life.

Hey! I'm ecstatic and gleeful that these girls are now free, free at last from slavery! They can be totally and completely free from the clutches of pedophiles! They can have Air conditioning and heating and live in a home free of sexual abuse . If anyone thinks that horrible looking wife allowed anthing other than maybe infants and toddlers to come into HER home better think again. These girls are free and they will make it. It may be rough but at least they are free.

I heard a brief snippet last night on some show that comes on a few hours after NG that: (sorry no link)
from the JC's mom to the stepfather:
Jaycee is dealing with a lot of guilt.

I am getting really irritated over the comments referring to the children being linked to a biological father as a monster. There are thousands of kids who had SO's for fathers. They grow up to be fine productive human beings loved by their families and friends. Please lets let these kids be themselves and separate them from the baggage right from the beginning.

I wish we had the funds to buy that place and level it to the ground.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member