CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swag I see you are a cool Floriden . (going by your avatar).I wonder if this jerk could of had anything to do with the Kristen Modaferri disappearance.Not that far from where she disappeared an in 1997.

We also need to check Alabama for missing cases from 1993.

Public records search shows: Phillip C Garrido Birth Date: 1952 Address: 2815 Patton Rd, Anniston, Alabama 36201-0901 (1993)

Most likely this is the same man. :frown:

Maz

Looks like there are unpaid property taxes going back to 2004 - don't know how they can get away with that...

The unpaid property taxes become a secured statutory lien on the property as of the valuation date. The County cannot seize the property and sell it at a Sheriff's auction until five years have passed from the date of the lien. So, 2009 would be the first year the property would be subject to involuntary sale. Generally, the Counties do a sale once a year in about May because of the due process notices they have to give to the property owner. Therefore, May 2010 would be the date the property would have come up for seizure and sale. The buyer would get clear title, but then the buyer would have had to go through an unlawful detainer action in court to get a court order authorizing the Sheriff to forcibly remove the occupants of the property. So, this would have taken another 45 days at the minimum. The entry of the Sheriffs to remove the people would have been about autumn of 2010, a year from now.

Looks like there are unpaid property taxes going back to 2004 - don't know how they can get away with that...
Takes quite awhile to get to seizure. IIRC it is in the neighborhood of 5 years or so.

I wish we had the funds to buy that place and level it to the ground.:furious:

Raise the amount of money needed to satisfy the delinquent property taxes and you could do that! It looks like the property will be subject to seizure and Sheriff's sale for taxes after May 2010.

Raise the amount of money needed to satisfy the delinquent property taxes and you could do that! It looks like the property will be subject to seizure and Sheriff's sale for taxes after May 2010.
Hi Themis. Does the mother own it free and clear?

Better yet, buy it and donate the land to the County or City to make a memorial park. If I recall correctly it is about 2 acres in size...would make a nice place for kids to play.

Maz

<Snipped.>
In Nevada at least, if you buy the tax lien you don't get clear title to the property, you just get in the position the County was in, the property would still be subject to senior liens.

TAX DEED IN CALIFORNIA

California Revenue and Tax Code Sections:

3708. On receiving the full purchase price at any sale under this chapter, the tax collector shall, without charge, execute a deed to the purchaser.

3708.1. Upon execution the tax collector shall immediately record the deed with the county recorder and pay the recording fees. Recording of the deed shall constitute delivery thereof to the grantee named in the deed.

3712. The deed conveys title to the purchaser free of all
encumbrances of any kind existing before the sale, except:
(a) Any lien for installments of taxes and special assessments,
that installments will become payable upon the secured roll after the
time of the sale.
(b) The lien for taxes or assessments or other rights of any
taxing agency that does not consent to the sale under this chapter.
(c) Liens for special assessments levied upon the property
conveyed that were, at the time of the sale under this chapter, not
included in the amount necessary to redeem the tax-defaulted
property, and, where a taxing agency that collects its own taxes has
consented to the sale under this chapter, not included in the amount
required to redeem from sale to the taxing agency.
(d) Easements constituting servitudes upon or burdens to the
property; water rights, the record title to which is held separately
from the title to the property; and restrictions of record.
(e) Unaccepted, recorded, irrevocable offers of dedication of the
property to the public or a public entity for a public purpose, and
recorded options of any taxing agency to purchase the property or any
interest therein for a public purpose.
(f) Unpaid assessments under the Improvement Bond Act of 1915
(Division 10 (commencing with Section 8500) of the Streets and
Highways Code) that are not satisfied as a result of the sale
proceeds being applied pursuant to Chapter 1.3 (commencing with
Section 4671) of Part 8, or that are being collected through a
foreclosure action pursuant to Part 14 (commencing with Section 8830)
of Division 10 of the Streets and Highways Code. A sale pursuant to
this chapter shall not nullify, eliminate, or reduce the amount of a
foreclosure judgment pursuant to Part 14 (commencing with Section
8830) of Division 10 of the Streets and Highways Code.
(g) Any federal Internal Revenue Service liens that, pursuant to
provisions of federal law, are not discharged by the sale, even
though the tax collector has provided proper notice to the Internal
Revenue Service before that date.
(h) Unpaid special taxes under the Mello-Roos Community Facilities
Act of 1982 (Chapter 2.5 (commencing with Section 53311) of Part 1
of Division 2 of Title 5 of the Government Code) that are not
satisfied as a result of the sale proceeds being applied pursuant to
Chapter 1.3 (commencing with Section 4671) of Part 8, or that are
being collected through a foreclosure action pursuant to Section
53356.1 of the Government Code. A sale pursuant to this chapter shall
not nullify, eliminate, or reduce the amount of a foreclosure
judgment pursuant to Section 53356.1 of the Government Code.

Mortgage companies get notice and they can bid on it at the sale to protect their interests.

Just pausing here a brief moment to give due respect, honor and recognition to Jaycee's mother and family for not hesitating a single instant and opening their hearts and arms to Jaycee's return with children in tow. For all of Jaycee's injuries and with two more young lives in such turmoil, they really stepped up to the plate and behaved as nurturing parents -- with joy -- with love -- without hesitation -- to welcome back and support their daughter and granddaughters. That's love -- appropriate, pure, unconditional love. That is one of the absolutely best parts of this story standing there on the same height as Jaycee's survival and return.

Gotta love the differences in State laws. But as I understand it, only the County has the right to sell the property for the tax lien - individuals cannot go and pay any delinquent tax bill on someone's property and get title.
Right. No "tax certificates" in California. Only tax sales and deeds after the sale. The results of the tax sale is California delivers clear title, subject to those few statutory exceptions.

Mortgage companies get notice and they can bid on it at the sale to protect their interests.
That's why I was asking if she owned it outright.

I was just thinking if there is a note on it, and if payments are not made now, then it can go through the non judicial foreclosure process and the lien holder can satisfy the prop taxes and get clear title that way. It would be a race to May 2010, but a foreclosure would prevail imo LOL. A foreclosure could be done in a matter of months if the payments stop and as long as they cover the taxes it's all good.

I couldn't find any TDs files, but the Contra Costa recorder's office appears to operate on an ancient steam-powered system of some sort that breaks the records up into arbitrary groups of years, IIRC the oldest I could look up on line was the period 1992-1994. Only some data is provided, no scans of the original documents.

In Nevada at least, if you buy the tax lien you don't get clear title to the property, you just get in the position the County was in, the property would still be subject to senior liens.

In 1993 the owner PF filed an affadavit of death of joint tenant. So she had right of survivorship and didn't really 'inherit" the property in the true sense of word. rather she took over his half. I have the scanned copy of that and the death cert.
I will see if there is anything else of interest.

I am furious about what happened to Jaycee, and can't believe how many missed opportunities there were to help her earlier. But thinking about the UC Berkeley Officers made me realize that calm, rational thought is what broke this case and saved Jaycee and her daughters. The first officer said seeing the children with PG rubbed her the wrong way, and she asked him to come back tomorrow at 2pm. She didn't say this anywhere that I saw, but I think she realized something was wrong and she needed to make sure she saw those children again. She could have immediately called the police while he was there the first time, but I think very perceptively she thought causing an uproar could be very, very dangerous. The next day the 2nd officer also thought something was off, but once again, calm, rational thought led her to research and make the necessary calls.

Its refreshing to see a pure example of competence.

Second, I know there's been a lot of criticism of the deputy who responded to the first call. But we don't know the full situation of what that deputy knew when he responded. Its been reported that the 911 caller reported the tents, children, and that PG is a sexual psychopath. But we really don't know if that was reported down the chain. The dispatcher might have just asked the deputy to check on reported code violations because of tents. In that case, the deputy wouldn't really have probable cause to insist on going in the backyard if PG refused. In his mind, he may have been dealing with a neighbor-dispute about an ugly yard. Someone dropped the ball, for sure. But I'm not sure where.

What I'm more concerned about is how did a violent kidnapper and rapist get out of jail in 11 years? That makes me sick.

I have a question. I read somewhere that the campus security is supposed to run background checks on anyone passing out literature on campus.
Is that true and if so how smart of a policy is that?

OMG, he is also giving the credit to the parole officer in solving the case when it was in fact the UC Berkeley Officers who really solved the case.

They are the true unsung heroes IMHO.

Maz

:cow:

They campus security is getting all the credit down here in SoCal that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member