CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no Themis - it didn't look like they had the "big suits" on - just wearing facial masks. I thought it odd to just wear the mask and not have the haz-mat suit on.

no Themis - it didn't look like they had the "big suits" on - just wearing facial masks. I thought it odd to just wear the mask and not have the haz-mat suit on.
They don't always wear the bio haz mat suits.

ETA: Maybe they found something like a dead animal, something decaying like food, something like insects or mold. The masks could also have been for something like that. Something low grade. Still, the meth cooking could well have warranted masks.

Thank you for the on the scene updates and I look forward to your pictures!

Yes, the windows literally have been boarded with plywood as you described.

I took several pictures of the front of the house, the neighbors house, and the neighbors backyard looking towards the Garrido house. They might not be the best quality as they were with my cell phone, but I could post them in the Pictures thread if anyone wants to see them.
And you're welcome. We thought about it, should we or should we not go, but decided yes, we would.

I was told by one of Garrido's biz card clients that he asked to be paid for a job so he could buy a dress for his daughter (she said this was a couple of years ago). I'm just getting my thoughts together about it, but that is one of the things I heard today.

**bolded by me**

Well that tells me that LE (and even more so) the FBI dont' want ANYONE being able to look through ANY WINDOW in that house. Interesting. The parole officer said he had been there a few times over the years and never saw ANY sign that it was other than just PG, NG and his mother (a few years back) - so no signs of children or weirdness or anything. So, why board the windows? Does anyone know if Luminol once sprayed and lit under the blacklight stays on the surface - IOW can you "see it" after the blacklight is off? does it kinda "stain" whatever surface (walls, doors, etc) if its positive?
Did LE and FBI literally "trash" the place finding things, was there a meth lab or drug paraphenalia laying around? This has me questioning - why board the windows? Why don't they want ANYONE to see in there?

Those boards over the windows are ominous given of any of the above scenarious. I'm going to be shocked if this case ends up being "just" about Jaycee (and her girls). I think we might be watching a Bundy/Manson/Dahlmer type of case unfolding. (And you all know I'm not saying the "just" part in any way lightly).

**bolded by me**

Well that tells me that LE (and even more so) the FBI dont' want ANYONE being able to look through ANY WINDOW in that house. Interesting. The parole officer said he had been there a few times over the years and never saw ANY sign that it was other than just PG, NG and his mother (a few years back) - so no signs of children or weirdness or anything. So, why board the windows? Does anyone know if Luminol once sprayed and lit under the blacklight stays on the surface - IOW can you "see it" after the blacklight is off? does it kinda "stain" whatever surface (walls, doors, etc) if its positive?
Did LE and FBI literally "trash" the place finding things, was there a meth lab or drug paraphenalia laying around? This has me questioning - why board the windows? Why don't they want ANYONE to see in there?

LE usually tries to cover the scene to prevent media and peepers from looking. I would guess they have had a major problem with this scene and that would explain the plywood over the windows.

LE usually tries to cover the scene to prevent media and peepers from looking. I would guess they have had a major problem with this scene and that would explain the plywood over the windows.
Yea I thought of that as well - however, and plus we've already seen how the British paper got those exclusives of the "tent" and "compund" - really wonder how they got those - and yet they board up the windows of the house. Living in South Florida all these years, I've seen my share of crime scenes (including murder) - not up close and personal but ya know - seen the houses and apts. and I can't remember a one where LE boarded up the windows. I find it strange, but possibly explainable due to the "high profile" crime we have here.

Sex parties with hoardes of Mexican men! I'll never believe that all the men knew though, but why didn't they notice something and tell? Maybe they did and it was ignored though. This is getting more and more sickening. If we all think we are protected by authorities then hear of something like this happening with a registered SO, on parole, and even turned in for stuff, then everyone better attend to their own safety.

Anyone who tries to lay blame at the feet of this innocent is clueless about mind control, manipulation, trauma and the tactics of a sadistic terrorist. I am not. After 10 years of freedom from my abuser and at the age of 24, a Mother, the head of a successful company and the choir director at church...if I saw a vehicle resembling my Father's from my childhood I would cower in the floor of my car screaming for hours until my husband was able to convince me I was safe. He assured me if I told he would kill me. I believed him. It is not essential to describe the ways he did so, rest assured that this young woman was convinced for herself and her children that it was not safe. I no longer live in fear or have debilitating nighmares, the post traumatic stress has abated, I pray that day comes for these innocents soon. PLEASE never blame the victims.

Dearest Stiletto,

My hear just breaks thinking of you suffering at the hands of your own father. I'm so sorry that you were betrayed so heinously by your own family. I pray that your pain may lessen as time goes by and that you find comfort and peace in your life. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband. I'm so glad that you do... you have obviously risen above your extremely challenging childhood and become a successful, admirable human being worthy of love.

Best wishes to you always

Jewal

Betty Unpingo, a mother of 10, always knew her neighborhood was "an easy area to get lost in for a while." But until her family threw a backyard party two years ago, Unpingo didn't know exactly who was taking advantage of that anonymity.

As the party ended, Garrido stood in front of his house across the street and motioned for the teenage girls leaving the event to come on over, she said. Unpingo's daughter was so suspicious, she checked his name on the Megan's Law list.

On the list were Garrido and several others nearby, including two living in one home. Since then, Unpingo has instituted the "buddy system." None of her children are allowed to leave the house alone.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-kidnapped31-2009aug31,0,1096874.story

Im glad now after this has happend, that i have a bunch of nosey nieghbors lol

I dont think this could happen on my block

just last week, my husband had let his friend borrow his car trailer and he was bringing it back and we were not home, and the neighbor thought he was stealing it instead of bringing it back, she came over her and confronted him lol,

called the law and all. it was mess lol
thankfully he is my niece cousin and she was home and came and straighted it out lol

heck i locked my keys in the house and had to climb in the window and someone called the cops on me a few years ago lol

Last May my husband and I called the police because we heard a woman screaming in the park across the street from our house (NOT normal for our area at ALL). After calling the police we drove over to the park to see if we could find her and help her... when the police arrived they first thought we were the suspects... quickly we let them know we were the ones who had called... the police found the girl in the woods where she had been dumped after being sexually assaulted and possibly drugged with a roofy (sp)... The police came to our house to thank us and get our statements... they said they were grateful that we called .... we said how could we Not call? They said you would be surprised how many people DONT call. We just couldn't believe it... but we were the only people that called that night.

It is strange that people don't get involved and try to help more often in our society. What the heck is that about??

If it's true that they saw lines of men partying and going one by one into a tent and occaisionally heard a woman scream... WHY on earth did they not immediately pick up the phone and call 911??!! Why did they even need to ask someone what they should do? It is just too staggering to me that they could see and hear such things going on and not call and call until they were satisfied that it had been thoroughly looked into.

I have to say... after all the stuff I have read... I was worried that he could have been prostituting them... or worse... selling them when they were of no use... (where are the 2 four year olds we have heard about?)
Just watched Gardens of the Night after a fellow websleuther mentioned it... too close for comfort here...

This case is just HORRIFYING... No exaggeration necessary...

I hope the two that have perpetrated this monstrosity on these innocent children will SUFFER HORRENDOUSLY in PRISON for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. Please give them the smallest, dirtiest, smelliest, Black Moldiest cell possible, with the biggest, meanest, ugliest, most psychotic room mate possible. Thankyouverymuch.

I have a question. It seems to me that very quickly after the info about the kidnapping was found out, the news about the prostitute murders came out. Am I right about that? I mean that connection was made even before the id of Jaycee was confirmed.

I think someone talked. I think right at the beginning LE was told of the connection to the prostitute murders. Not sure who talked, Jaycee or PG or even HG. But someone talked.

LE may have made the connection themselves later, after they did a home search related to the kidnapping. But the quick connection to me seems to indicate that someone is cooperating with LE and telling it all, or at least most of it.

The question is, are they telling it all? LE has confirmed they are looking for things related to the prostitue murders and the Lisa Norrell murder, but not much is being said about the missing kids in the area.

I've actually been wondering that too... And the fact that they are now digging next door... It seems likely that someone is talking... Maybe Jaycee

I sure hope so!

I used to live in an apt building and a family of 6 moved into a one bedroom down the hall from me and I use to hear screaming, pounding, presumably the man's wife screaming and saying things like 'stop it', 'please don't', etc. Worse yet I would hear the children crying and saying things like 'daddy don't'. I called the police countless times and the first few times they would show up, knock on the people's door, the guy would come out and say everything was fine and he didn't know why they were called, etc and the cops would leave. Never once was this man arrested. It got to the point where a policeman actually came to my door after I called and basically told me to mind my own business and there wasn't anything they could do about it unless they caught the abuse actually in progress! I was just shocked and dismayed. I would have to listen to this and realized I was powerless to stop it. I did go to the landlord with a list of how many times the police had been called and told her everything that had been going on and she did evict them under the excuse they were violating their lease by having so many people living in one place. While we didn't have to hear it any more I am sure they just moved somewhere else and the same thing continued happening. I still think about those poor children and just hope someone finally did do something and that monster of a man was arrested.

It is nice to hear about people calling the police and some good actually coming from it considering my experience was not very positive dealing with my local police.

I added the pictures I took this afternoon to the Photos & Other Images thread if anyone is interested in seeing them.

I've only read the main media (abc, cnn) articles on this. I'm so glad there's a forum because I just have so many mixed emotions about what just happened. I'm happy and amazed that she was safely found after all these years, but there are just so many questions. Even the police are apologizing now saying they could have solved this case 3 yrs ago after a 911 call. Yet, they dropped the ball! Unbelievable. It also appears as though Jaycee began to suffer from Stockholm Syndrome at some point.

I am glad that at least one neighbor was on top of things, even though her concerns weren't taken seriously. I'm still amazed that she was really the only one who noticed the strange things with the kids and the odd backyard situation. Still, though, I just read an ABC news article where a neighbor named Helen Boyer keeps saying she believes the Garridos are innocent and that the blonde girls she saw were just "friends of the family" as she was told. The reactions of neighbors in these situations always amazes me. I grew up in a neighborhood where our neighbors would have a fit if my parents let the grass get over a certain length.

I added the pictures I took this afternoon to the Photos & Other Images thread if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Thank you so much for taking the pictures and sharing them with us!

I can only imagine how unsettling it must have been to be so close to such a place.

I used to live in an apt building and a family of 6 moved into a one bedroom down the hall from me and I use to hear screaming, pounding, presumably the man's wife screaming and saying things like 'stop it', 'please don't', etc. Worse yet I would hear the children crying and saying things like 'daddy don't'. I called the police countless times and the first few times they would show up, knock on the people's door, the guy would come out and say everything was fine and he didn't know why they were called, etc and the cops would leave. Never once was this man arrested. It got to the point where a policeman actually came to my door after I called and basically told me to mind my own business and there wasn't anything they could do about it unless they caught the abuse actually in progress! I was just shocked and dismayed. I would have to listen to this and realized I was powerless to stop it. I did go to the landlord with a list of how many times the police had been called and told her everything that had been going on and she did evict them under the excuse they were violating their lease by having so many people living in one place. While we didn't have to hear it any more I am sure they just moved somewhere else and the same thing continued happening. I still think about those poor children and just hope someone finally did do something and that monster of a man was arrested.

It is nice to hear about people calling the police and some good actually coming from it considering my experience was not very positive dealing with my local police.

next time please call dcs, they have a hotline number for every state
police usually cant do anything unless they see it happened but dcs
department of children services can investigate

excerpt:
Until she accompanied Phillip and Nancy Garrido and her daughters to a Concord parole office Wednesday, there was no indication Dugard had been off the property since her abduction in June 1991, El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said last week.

Garrido, a registered sex offender, kept the compound secret despite what corrections officials say were twice monthly visits from parole officers.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13236464?nclick_check=1

Twice monthly visits and all those times they had no idea of the large backyard?
The man lived on a 23,000 sq. ft. property! Incredible negligence!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela