CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine. This is going to take an army of professionals of every kind to help her and her children. This tragedy is on the level of a personal holocaust for Jaycee and her children. I just don't have any idea where the money is going to come from to get them the help they need. The loving arms of her family is a good first step and essential foundation, but it is going to take a lot more than that to reverse the damages done here to generations of this family. They need so much exceptional quality professional help.

There's no possibility that Jaycee's parents insurance will cover this.

Hopefully Jaycee will be able to sell her story for a ton of money. WHile that will no where be any consolation for what she and her children have gone through, it will help with their counseling. Hopefully some great renowned therapist will step up and work with them pro bono. I pray these poor poor souls, can live out their lives in peace. Thank GOD for them being found.

And who pays for the years of therapy Jaycee and her children will need? Also, the 2 daughters don't even have birth certificates. What kind of legal mess with that be? How will that be handled. Prayers to them. I am sure the media will be trying everything to get their pictures.

Also let's hope the legal system is smart enough to terminate this rights, so that he is not entitled to ever see Jaycee or these children ever again. Wouldn;t that be the biggest mess?

:rolleyes: Please tell me that this "illegal alien" story is not so..
Police Departments pretend not to see them?????
and would allow them to set up tents as a habitat with no questions asked????
No Wonder they come in droves. :bang:

OT: well their illegal kids go to the schools in Texas. They do not have to be born here to go to school here. All they have to have are shots and the Texas WIC program provides that free of charge. we also teach the chidren and their parents english free of charge. So if our government really wanted to deport them all they would need to do is get the addresses from the schools and raid the houses. We also have the tents and multiple families living in one home. Drives me nuts that everything they send home from school is in english and spanish. OK getting off my soap box now.

OT again: they just announced the foster parents of Hasanni(5yr old missing in CA) were arrested for murder.

I wonder how her children are. :blowkiss:
I wonder how she is. :blowkiss:
I hope she is advised to keep as much possible away from the media.
I think it will make her book/movie more valuable. :)
I would love to see her get a lot, a lot of money.
Most of all I hope they will heal. They will be gutting to know each other all over again, and that is wonderful.

I HOPE it is because they will make a statement only after they negotiate the best deal for themselves. This will be a million dollar exclusive for some paper....And that can help to pay for therapy and healing time. I HOPE they are just waiting to speak at the right time. FIRST they had to meet,
God Bless that reunion....

The comment you were answering was why NANCY (the wife's) family had not made a statement! Jaycee's family basically has made a couple statements to the media, through the stepdad, but I am certain that everyone (even media) understands that they aren't likely to hear from Jaycee or even her mom anytime soon! I do wonder how they are handling questioning her and the children. Because surely if there were ever other children around (related to them or not) they would have knowledge of that.

OT again: they just announced the foster parents of Hasanni(5yr old missing in CA) were arrested for murder.
Foster Parents Arrested in Connection with the Hasanni Campbell Disappearance

I wonder when the stepfather will get to see her again? And meet her girls. I think that so far, he's done a pretty good job providing a little buffer, giving some news of the family and etc and he is obviously someone affected firsthand, but just a little removed right now. I hope that Jaycee's mom talked with him and told him it was OK to talk, and that he's not just doing this without her permission. He's doing a great job though, poor guy, so many doubted him and it sounds like he's really the only father Jaycee really knew.

Again I apologize for reposting things that may have already been posted. I'm recovering and catching up from following the Newsom/Christian murder trial and have barely been in this thread. So the below is for anyone catching up like I am. :)

Criminal Complaint:
http://llnw.static.cbslocal.com/station/kovr/docs/2009/8/Garrido Charges.pdf

Thanks for this SuziQ!

Did ya'll read this? I'm curious as to how they arrived at such specific dates for each charge. Any ideas?

I HOPE it is because they will make a statement only after they negotiate the best deal for themselves. This will be a million dollar exclusive for some paper....And that can help to pay for therapy and healing time. I HOPE they are just waiting to speak at the right time. FIRST they had to meet,
God Bless that reunion....

I'm guessing that Gloria Allred will be chasing this family shortly, if not already.

There has been so much info and speculation about this "man," but what about his wife FGS? SHE was the one who grabbed Jaycee and she obviously was the gatekeeper a good deal of the time over the last 18 years. She doesn't have any crazy ramblings on the Internet and where the H*LL is HER family? She is every bit as sick and guilty as her husband.

It's odd to me that, due to the wife's complicity, Jaycee and the children were not living in the house. It isn't as if he had to hide them from her; she knew everything! If Jaycee and the girls were allowed out and about, it stands to reason the monsters would have, somewhere along the way, become confident that they wouldn't run. I suppose it was because he was on parole and subject to random visits???

It sure sounds like Jaycee was, for all intents and purposes, brainwashed by these freaks. God only knows what she's going through now after they have spent the last 18 years of forcing her to be 100% dependent on them for everything.

I have seen reports about PG going around with the little girls and about PG going around with "Alyssa" who we now know is Jaycee. I have to wonder if PG and wife did not hold the kids as a bargaining chip to keep Jaycee quiet and vice versa. As a mother, she could not risk harm coming to her girls if these threatened to harm them if she did not do as she was told. I also wonder if that is why she finally spoke up because she was in a police office and had her girls with her.

Just heard right now on NBC news that NG was infertile, and that is part of their bizarre thinking for Jaycee to have children. I don't have a link, I'm just watching the news right now.

They are also apparently undergoing psychological counseling right now...they meaning Jaycee and her children.

I to am amazed at the resemblance between Nancy and Tara Cossey! For those stating that Nancy looks way to old, just look at some pictures of Hedda Nusbaum once Joel Stein was done with her! She looked well into her sixties (easily 20 years older than she was) and did not even vaguely resemble to woman she really was.
Has anyone heard any more information regarding this aspect?

"Everytime I talked to her she seemed to be very happy and smiling all the time," Karunaratne said, noting that Lake Tahoe is only a few hours drive away. "If she was kidnapped, I was wondering, why doesn't she get on a bus and go there?" Karunaratne shook his head and acknowledged the possibility that she had been brainwashed

ACK! It's starting already. Another moron weighs in on the fact that why doesn't she just leave? I hope they leave this poor girl alone as far as that goes. Maybe Bill O'Reilly will publicly say on his show that she "must have liked it" like he did when Shawn Hornbeck was found! I have NEVER forgiven O'Reilly for that! Oh please, I'm praying that no negative media comes this poor girls way....

Just heard right now on NBC news that NG was infertile, and that is part of their bizarre thinking for Jaycee to have children. I don't have a link, I'm just watching the news right now.

I saw this too and I'm not sure I buy it. If you were looking for someone to have babies, why would you kidnap an 11-year-old? She wasn't of child-bearing age! Unless they were factoring in the time it would take to break her spirit and brainwash her into doing what they wanted her to do.

And the fact that he had kidnapped and raped a 26-year-old woman years before indicates to me that was his MO.

IDK - the more that comes out, the more surreal it seems.

Did you see the US Berkeley officers too? Angels in cop uniforms!

Prayers to Jaycee, her children and her parents.

Good night all.

Maz

Contra Costa Sherriff apologizes for missed opportunities. reading this article makes me even more angry about the neighbors call. it says not only did he say that there were children living in the backyard, but that Garrido was psychotic and a sex addict. THE DEPUTY DIDN'T EVEN CHECK THE BACK YARD!!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13223930

"Contra Costa County Sheriff Warren Rupf acknowledged today that his agency failed to detect a hidden backyard compound at the Antioch-area home of a registered sex offender and missed two opportunities to rescue the girl he is accused of kidnapping.

"We missed an opportunity to have intervened earlier," Rupf told a news conference. "We are beating ourself up over this and are continuing to do so."

Rupf added, "I offer my apologies to the victims and accept responsibility for having missed a chance to rescue Jaycee."
Okay, Rupf needs to resign over this!:furious::furious::furious:

Any idea when this was that the bodies were found? Was it while Jaycee was living there or before?

If you're referring to the murdered prostitutes, they were found near an industrial park where PG worked during the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV