CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leila, I saw GR as well tonight and I really feel for Carl. How he endured 18 years of living under suspicion. How "spot on" his descriptions of NG AND the car were. I want to hear more about the investigation into that car. They talked a little bit about it - but I want more. They had to have run a DMV report of all the Ford Grenadas and, if it was registered to PG then his RSO status would have come up too. Who was that car registered to - maybe PG's mother or the deceased other owner of the house. We know his father is still alive so that "other" owner was someone else. I'm willing to bet that the car wasn't registered in his name and that's how it was missed.

As for the two 4 year olds. They could have been boys. If their hair was long - its kinda hard to tell gender - unless they were wearing dresses.

As for the two 4 year olds. They could have been boys. If their hair was long - its kinda hard to tell gender - unless they were wearing dresses.

Snipped

As crazy as this guy is, he could've put boys in dresses.

perhaps Jaycee's boy children which he had no use for?

I hate to think about it but, they have to have something to be able to dig up the neighbors yard, I guess jaycee would know if she gave birth to more and would of told, im praying not but its not looking good

They are secluded in a Bay Area home with a team of experts. Hooray!

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65979&provider=top

"It's going good. It's going slow...they're trying to keep out of the media," Probyn said. "These girls are so fragile. They're trying to go the right direction...everything is about these girls and doing things the right way."
The family is believed to be in seclusion in a Bay Area home.
As for Jaycee's daughters, 15 and 11, Probyn said all he knows is that they're happy and were working with a team of experts. ...

"It's so sensitive right now, to bring someone else in...I know they've talked to Jaycee and she remembers me. They're taking it slow, a little talking a little watching TV. It's like having a baby and they are taking teeny steps."

Thanks so much for posting this. I was hoping to see this somewhere. Kudos to them and to Probyn who sounds like a pretty good guy himself.

So the elderly mother was moved out, recently? Huh. Well, I think we do have to thank God that these recent changes in Garrido, these changes that were causing him to go out in public more and make him think he has a "heartwarming story" and gave him a desire to hand out literature at a college an hour away from his home. It sounds like possibly his having those two girls around him out and about in public was new and unusual. The "rehearsed" statements those guards heard probably WERE rehearsed, as maybe they were getting moved into the house and there was promise of them living a more "normal family" lifestyle if they conformed and acted as he told them to. Sounds like this whole "we have a sister" thing was rehearsed as well as some other things. He thought he was going to get famous through his "god talking through a box and allowing others to hear the voices that schizophrenics hear" thing, and he was getting his ducks in a row by figuring out how to fit his nice little family in somehow so that they would appear "normal" once he got his fame.

The thing about controlling sound with your mind cracks me up, by the way. I control sound with my mind all the time. It's called speech. ANd any other sound I make, like the keys clicking on this keyboard. I'M CONTROLLING IT WITH MY MIND! lOL.

But anyway, I am glad he was feeling comfortable enough to venture a little further out of his comfort range by taking these kids out now and again because otherwise they might never have been found out.

I think until we hear another corroborating statement about those two little 4 year olds, I am going to have to assume that that one neighbor was mistaken or that it is like the game of telephone or something. But if I hear it from one more person that changes!

However I have little doubt in my mind that there are going to be other babies buried out there and who knows what all else. I wonder when we will find out. But thank GOD they are in a safe place being taken care of and are out of all this. I hope they can talk more to Jaycee though if it is possible to do without hurting her, because no doubt she saw and heard more than she could have told them and I am sure now that they have seen the house LE probably has many other questions arising.

ONE more thing in my ramble here is the thought that with the state of that yard, even the "official" part of the yard, and that crappy van he drove (I thought cars didn't rust in CA? - that van was SKETCHY!) makes me think that the conditions inside the house may have been pretty awful. Maybe the yard was nicer than being trapped in a house with nursing home lady, satan daddy and freak mother in their squalor.

Okay. So, before young neighbor dude his girlfriend-who-peeks-over-the-fence moved into the house next door, that was where the elderly man lived before he was moved into residential care (the one that PG bilked out of $18,000. After the elderly man was moved out -- PG was the acting caretaker of the vacant property! He has a familiarity with it. Then neighbor dude and girlfriend are there and girlfriend sees the core group of blonds including JC, the two older daughters and two four year old blond girls who are now unaccounted for. The crime scene tape is up and LE is digging. Tells me they have probable cause to find something under the surface of the neighbor's yard.

Leila, I saw GR as well tonight and I really feel for Carl. How he endured 18 years of living under suspicion. How "spot on" his descriptions of NG AND the car were. I want to hear more about the investigation into that car. They talked a little bit about it - but I want more. They had to have run a DMV report of all the Ford Grenadas and, if it was registered to PG then his RSO status would have come up too. Who was that car registered to - maybe PG's mother or the deceased other owner of the house. We know his father is still alive so that "other" owner was someone else. I'm willing to bet that the car wasn't registered in his name and that's how it was missed.

Swag............good point about the two 4-year-olds......the could have been boys. I can't help but think that LE isn't currently digging up the neighbor's backyard on a whim. They must have some sort of information that's leading them to investigate neighboring property.

I failed to mention in my post that in the last 10 minutes of Geraldo's program, he had as guests, Mark Garagoes and Kimberly Guilfoyle, as well as Dr. Cyril Wecht by video link. Mark and Kimberly made some good points about the car and it will be interesting to see who that car is registered to. If it was registered to someone other than PG, that could be the reason PG wasn't investigated back in 1991.

Carl Probyn stated that the suspects had every break, slipping past authorities every time. It was heartbreaking to hear Carl tell how Jaycee's kidnapping altered the course of their lives, breaking up their marriage. He said that for the past 18 years he's become a body guard for his 19-year-old daughter, who was 18 months when Jaycee was kidnapped. His voice was breaking up as he talked.

There was a lot of empathy for Carl by Geraldo, Mark and Kimberly.

Thanks so much for posting this. I was hoping to see this somewhere. Kudos to them and to Probyn who sounds like a pretty good guy himself.
Not very much like a certain Florida family. (Thank goodness.)

Not very much like a certain Florida family. (Thank goodness.)

Yeah, tell them to run when that family and their "sponsors" the M1l$toads come to call and put them on the money train.

Yeah, tell them to run when that family and their "sponsors" the M1l$toads come to call and put them on the money train.
This family has better, professional intervention from the get go.

Apologies if this has been posted, but I thought Garrido's blog profile was interesting. He apparently attempted to start 5 blogs, two with the same title. Only one, Voices Revealed {II} has entries.

The blogs were entitled -

Charging the angels with error.
The Truth Will Set You Free
Voices Revealed
Exposed
Voices Revealed

http://www.blogger.com/profile/00940447268727590947

It sure seems either he planned to confess or somehow knew of something that would lead to his discovery and arrest.

Tonight, Geraldo did an interview with Carl Probyn. As an introduction, Geraldo played an interview with Carl and Terry Probyn that he did in 1993. At that time Carl and Terry recount the same details that we've come to know about the day that Jaycee was kidnapped - how Carl chased after the car on his mountain bike and his description of the car and the woman who grabbed Jaycee.

This 16-year-old interview provides a lot of insight into the family. At that time, Geraldo asked about the stress on the couple and Terry says that the stress can tear them apart and they're working on trying to maintain a normal family life for their then 2 and a half-year-old. Terry is a beautiful woman, and Jaycee looks so much like her.

Carl says that he hasn't spoken to Jaycee yet, but Terry told him that Jaycee is a wonderful mother. He says Jaycee is very fragile, and Terry is taking it minute by minute.

Carl spoke about the stresses he and his wife, Terry, endured. It was very difficult for Terry when birthdays came, and she was unable to celebrate Christmas. It was difficult on both of them.

Carl says that neighbors of the Garrido family had a barbecue a while back and PG came and brought the two young girls. After a while the two girls returned home, and after the girls left, PG started making advances on some of the teens at the barbecue. He was finally asked to leave.

Later in the program Geraldo had two neighbors on the program who had attended the barbecue.

Former governor Mike Huckabee was a guest on the program briefly, and he wanted to shake Carl's hand and extend his good wishes to the family on the recovery of Jaycee.

Carl said that Jaycee bonded with PG and it hurts (he's obviously upset). He says he thinks PG was arrogant enough to think he could get away with it when he walked into the parole officer's office with his wife, Jaycee, and the two girls and explain it away.

I'm kind of wondering if Garrido was over at Berkeley to scope out the campus for young coeds.

I have a sinking feeling we're going to find all sorts of additional horrifying things about this guy, his wife, and whatever associates he may have had working with him. LE could be just scratching the surface here.

ONE more thing in my ramble here is the thought that with the state of that yard, even the "official" part of the yard, and that crappy van he drove (I thought cars didn't rust in CA? - that van was SKETCHY!) makes me think that the conditions inside the house may have been pretty awful. Maybe the yard was nicer than being trapped in a house with nursing home lady, satan daddy and freak mother in their squalor.
respectfully snipped

ITA. That yard looks like a hoarders and it won't surprise me in the least to see photos of the inside of the house that look as cluttered and insane as the rest of the yard and the "compound".

And LOL about your mind control. I totally "heard" your message as was typed by the keyboard. :crazy:

I'm kind of wondering if Garrido was over at Berkeley to scope out the campus for young coeds.

I have a sinking feeling we're going to find all sorts of additional horrifying things about this guy, his wife, and whatever associates he may have had working with him. LE could be just scratching the surface here.
:puke: You could be right. Just thinking about it, makes one feel like they need :bath:

What happened to the pitbulls the girlfriend-who-peeks-over-fences saw? There were pet food dishes and kitty litter. What happened to the cat? The living conditions of the 3 goldfish wasn't too good either. Slimy.

I have 5 sons. ALL 5 of my kids were reading at post high school levels by age 11. Maybe because we homeschooled? Maybe not. Maybe because my boys did not have access to a television? Many kids (girls especially) are voracious readers, ESPECIALLY if their environment doesn't include TV and video games.

Just to note, they DID have video games in their tent, I see a TV and a Nintendo Gamecube in one of the pictures; interesting, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinasK
Okay, Rupf needs to resign over this!

Warren Rupf has been our Sheriff almost 20 years and with the department more than 40 years and is well respected in most circles. He doesn't need to resign. What he will do is sign the termination papers for the deputy that failed to properly investigate when he was dispatched to the home back in 2006, because we can be sure that employee will be held responsible for his lack of action and will definitely be dismissed from the job. Rupf is not the kind to take a screw up like this lightly.

I regret to say that I was wrong when I posted that the deputy would be held accountable for his lack of action, and terminated from employment. I fully expected that they would do an IA investigation into why the deputy didn't take the time to check the backyard according to the neighbor's concerns and follow it with some kind of discipline, even if he wasn't dismissed.

I am very disappointed by this statement from yesterday's paper, and am going to try my hardest to find out who the deputy is:

The deputy involved in that 2006 call will not be disciplined, and Rupf complimented the deputy's general performance. The constant reminder of the tragic oversight will be punishment enough, Rupf said.

Source: http://www.contracostatimes.com/contracostacounty/ci_13223931

How do you feel about this?

I regret to say that I was wrong when I posted that the deputy would be held accountable for his lack of action, and terminated from employment. I fully expected that they would do an IA investigation into why the deputy didn't take the time to check the backyard according to the neighbor's concerns and follow it with some kind of discipline, even if he wasn't dismissed.

I am very disappointed by this statement from yesterday's paper, and am going to try my hardest to find out who the deputy is:

Earlier I mentioned the formal or informal "sanctuary city" policies. This could be the back story as to what happened in 2006 and why this is being handled like this now. However, the deputy does not make policy.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A few years back, when they let Joseph Duncan, a Level III sex offender, post a hot check to bond out on a charge of fondling a child, I decided the entire system of managing sex offender was terribly broken. Duncan went on to murder three people, kidnap and sexually abuse two children before murdering one. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No one was even looking for Duncan when they found him with the surviving victim. Garrido simply reconfirms[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to me, our current system does not work. Letting these violent [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sex offenders out is like setting a rabid dog free and hoping it doesn't bite anyone. Blaming this officer is singling out one man when Garrido was able to fool just about everyone. What about Garrido's aunt that saw him at a family gathering with the girls and he told her he was babysitting. He is a registered sex offender and he is babysitting young girls? There is guilt to spare in this case.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The list of lost opportunities to catch this man started long before and [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]continued long after this officer interviewed Garridos. I hope the lesson learned here resonates to others that interact and manage sex offenders.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Be diligent, be involved, be sure.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member