CA CA - Jeff Joseph, 45, Hoopa, 21 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:welcome: peaceofmind. I'm so glad you've been verified. I missed the good news earlier.

I'm more familiar with Southern Humboldt than the area Jeff went missing. It's a remote and dangerous area, both in terms of geography and crime, so we didn't go there too often. The place names are familiar to me though so I'll look forward to your maps.

Do you think there is any chance that Jeff missed a curve and went off the road? Or does the lack of cooperation by the people on the property indicate to you that they were involved somehow?

Hope we can help even if it's just moral support!

bear with me because this is all new to me... if you have any insight on the area etc; can read maps in very remote locations etc. they will be posted this weekend.

I'm in No. CA so will take a look at your maps once posted.

i mean i guess there IS a possibility that he went off the road BUT, the lack of cooperation by his "partners" who were his friends and lack of any concern for human life and the fact that jeff brought monetary value with his crop. So to get rid of him would be motive for many people. I don't know how many people had access to the property but, anyone that had access to that property could have done something...a-lot of people are acting very suspicious. If your friend of 2 years, 7 years goes missing, you are gonna search the roads, talk to the family who is in

I just found this thread, peaceofmind. I'm pretty far away but there are plenty of west coast people here too. Also quite a few others who are family members of missing persons. Hopefully you will find some support and assistance here. Your family will be in my prayers.

i mean i guess there IS a possibility that he went off the road BUT, the lack of cooperation by his "partners" who were his friends and lack of any concern for human life and the fact that jeff brought monetary value with his crop. So to get rid of him would be motive for many people. I don't know how many people had access to the property but, anyone that had access to that property could have done something...a-lot of people are acting very suspicious. If your friend of 2 years, 7 years goes missing, you are gonna search the roads, talk to the family who is in

That lack of concern and casual attitude about Jeff's disappearance has always been a huge clue, as it is in so many cases. Follow the money. Is there any one individual, or maybe two, who would benefit more than anyone? I assume the partners are at the top of the list unless there is someone behind the scenes pulling their strings unbeknownst to Jeff...and you.

Hi there,

Is it possible Jeff was killed and he and his car were taken into another county. His body disposed of and his car sold. Or is this not a logical thought considering the circumstances. There is a UID found in Lassen County. It's hard to compare because neither the stats of Jeff are out (except his age and what I can see in the pictures of him) neither those of the UID are known. Jeff is not in Namus (as far as I could see)? This is the UID file. https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/14594

Hi there,

Is it possible Jeff was killed and he and his car were taken into another county. His body disposed of and his car sold. Or is this not a logical thought considering the circumstances. There is a UID found in Lassen County. It's hard to compare because neither the stats of Jeff are out (except his age and what I can see in the pictures of him) neither those of the UID are known. Jeff is not in Namus (as far as I could see)? This is the UID file. https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/14594

You could be right about both Jeff and the car being taken to another county. I hadn't thought of that. Considering what we know, you're thinking outside the box and that can be valuable.

Thanks for mentioning NamUS! Here is Jeff's NamUS profile. It is a weak one with two stars so I would encourage Peaceofmind to update it immediately. For example, dental records are unavailable although the DNA has been processed. He will be identified more quickly through dental. There is nothing in the profile about his confirmed phone call in Redding or that his phone pinged near Weitchpec. I think saying that he disappeared from West Hills in LA is misleading, since you know now that he got to Redding and intended to go to Eureka. It would be more helpful to say that he disappeared between Redding and Eureka IMO. I would mention the exact location of his property too, since he intended to go there first and we know that at least his phone was near there. This information will strengthen his profile so he may be identified quicker. There are WSers who comb through NamUS trying to match unidentified remains with missing people and they have had some amazing results.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25279/0/

I need to find out where Lassen county is.
Hi there,

I doubt whomever did this took him in to another county... i mean, would you drive with a deceased person and risk being pulled over?? There are just sooooooo many places in humboldt to dispose of someone that are so remote.
Hi there,

The info that's in Namus is from the very beginning. we did know for sure he left from West Hills, CA , the redding stuff needs to be eliminated. he passed through but, he didn't stay. We just didn't know that much in the beginning. What we know for sure are the last two tower pings both close to his property. If i knew how to post maps, i would. The admin of this site is going to help me do that this weekend.

You could be right about both Jeff and the car being taken to another county. I hadn't thought of that. Considering what we know, you're thinking outside the box and that can be valuable.

Thanks for mentioning NamUS! Here is Jeff's NamUS profile. It is a weak one with two stars so I would encourage Peaceofmind to update it immediately. For example, dental records are unavailable although the DNA has been processed. He will be identified more quickly through dental. There is nothing in the profile about his confirmed phone call in Redding or that his phone pinged near Weitchpec. I think saying that he disappeared from West Hills in LA is misleading, since you know now that he got to Redding and intended to go to Eureka. It would be more helpful to say that he disappeared between Redding and Eureka IMO. I would mention the exact location of his property too, since he intended to go there first and we know that at least his phone was near there. This information will strengthen his profile so he may be identified quicker. There are WSers who comb through NamUS trying to match unidentified remains with missing people and they have had some amazing results.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25279/0/

I guess there could have been someone behind the scenes and jeff did not disclose everything as he did not want us to worry but, any one of them would have benifitted from the money he had on him and his grow...The casual attitudes from "his friends" is what makes me crazy....

That lack of concern and casual attitude about Jeff's disappearance has always been a huge clue, as it is in so many cases. Follow the money. Is there any one individual, or maybe two, who would benefit more than anyone? I assume the partners are at the top of the list unless there is someone behind the scenes pulling their strings unbeknownst to Jeff...and you.

So I looked at this unidentified ( I do not understand how it's unidentified if they have dental and DNA done) Keep in mind, this is all new to me and until my brother disappeared , I never looked in to any of this.. so, I don't really understand it...The clothing found on the body is much too small and the foot size is way too small to be jeff on this particular person. :( so sad.

I need to find out where Lassen county is.

So I looked at this unidentified ( I do not understand how it's unidentified if they have dental and DNA done) Keep in mind, this is all new to me and until my brother disappeared , I never looked in to any of this.. so, I don't really understand it...The clothing found on the body is much too small and the foot size is way too small to be jeff on this particular person. :( so sad.

This person is someone's loved one. He is still unidentified because they don't have a match in the system for the DNA they took from his remains. They have the teeth but they don't have dental records in the system to match them to. So apparently family has not submitted these to NamUS, so their loved one can be returned to them. :(

That's why it's imperative for families of the missing to provide as much information to NamUS as possible, so that when remains are found they can be matched to a missing person. You've provided DNA for Jeff's file and that's excellent. If you have access to his dental records that should be submitted also. Every little piece of information speeds up identifying him when he is found.

Sending prayers. I know how this feels & I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Keep faith. Keep hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much.. it feels horrible every single day.. prayers to you too!
Sending prayers. I know how this feels & I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Keep faith. Keep hope.

Thank you Peaceofmind[emoji181]

My advocate says the Namus admin has to update jeffs file or the detective. I guess I can not go in and edit it. Jeff should have more stars we have DNA, pic and a LE case number. According to the star system i saw, he should have more stars...One thing i do not have for Jeff is dental records unless the Humboldt county coroner was able to get them the last time they found remains up there. I suppose if he did, they would have gone in to namUS though.
This person is someone's loved one. He is still unidentified because they don't have a match in the system for the DNA they took from his remains. They have the teeth but they don't have dental records in the system to match them to. So apparently family has not submitted these to NamUS, so their loved one can be returned to them. :(

That's why it's imperative for families of the missing to provide as much information to NamUS as possible, so that when remains are found they can be matched to a missing person. You've provided DNA for Jeff's file and that's excellent. If you have access to his dental records that should be submitted also. Every little piece of information speeds up identifying him when he is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjlm730
Back