GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No news on Jessica???? :( Locals, have you heard anything more?

No news on Jessica???? :( Locals, have you heard anything more?
Nothing on the local news the last few days.

Sierra Lamar, the girl that went missing on her way to school is the main story on the news here right now. Hopefully, they will find more info on both of these heartbreaking cases.

I really thought this was going to be solved quickly. There were voices in the park and flashlights and surveillance cameras nearby and kids who might be talking and it seemed so ripe for being resolved. :mad:

Bumping up for Jessica!
The leads looked so promising... but still no news about this poor girl! :please:

Oh Jessica.

Why has the media forgotten about you?

Oh Jessica.

I am thinking of and praying for, Jessica!
I hope this quiet time is giving LE the time and space to really delve into this perplexing case!:please:

Oh Jessica.

Well, I'm not media, but I haven't forgotten. I'm still thinking malicious teens did this. Girls can be pretty evil and mean. They can also be extremely manipulative, and convince others to help perpetrate a crime or help cover one up.

Forgive me for thinking this, but lately it seems that cases seem to just get moved to the back-burner until the case solves itself. Unfortunately, most cases aren't going to solve themselves. So sad for this poor girl.

Well, I'm not media, but I haven't forgotten. I'm still thinking malicious teens did this. Girls can be pretty evil and mean. They can also be extremely manipulative, and convince others to help perpetrate a crime or help cover one up.

Forgive me for thinking this, but lately it seems that cases seem to just get moved to the back-burner until the case solves itself. Unfortunately, most cases aren't going to solve themselves. So sad for this poor girl.

Especially when kids that age are in a group. I saw the most horrid violent things happen to other kids when I was in Jr High. The mean-spiritedness in just one or two kids spreads to the others and all of their faces change to one of 'evil' delight at the abuse and violence of some poor kid.

I also agree with your thoughts about the back burner until the case solves itself. Seems like such a lazy way for the police. I think that's what happened with the Powell case, too, but that's another can of beans. We need some great detectives in this country who bite down on something, uncover all the secrets, and solve the case. I guess cities don't want to may for them anymore.

Rosemont is trying to get more media attention, and making it known that we have not forgotten. There is a "Rosemont Walk" scheduled for next Sat, the 14th (with jessica in mind) and folks are planning on putting up more ribbons to put pressure on Law Enforcement. CRAZY that this has not been solved, not even a SUSPECT are you kidding me?! So frustrated, but always on my mind. I will post updates as I know them - hopefully something, anything soon!

Especially when kids that age are in a group. I saw the most horrid violent things happen to other kids when I was in Jr High. The mean-spiritedness in just one or two kids spreads to the others and all of their faces change to one of 'evil' delight at the abuse and violence of some poor kid.

I also agree with your thoughts about the back burner until the case solves itself. Seems like such a lazy way for the police. I think that's what happened with the Powell case, too, but that's another can of beans. We need some great detectives in this country who bite down on something, uncover all the secrets, and solve the case. I guess cities don't want to may for them anymore.
BBM
Thanks for commiserating with me. I agree on the Powell case! Still wondering if they could have prevented the tragedy that happened to those innocent boys if things were handled differently.

In this case, I just can fathom that no one is talking. I get that no one wants to rat out their peers, but usually there is gossip. Maybe there is, but the LE isn't sharing. I'm hoping there will be justice soon.

Rosemont is trying to get more media attention, and making it known that we have not forgotten. There is a "Rosemont Walk" scheduled for next Sat, the 14th (with jessica in mind) and folks are planning on putting up more ribbons to put pressure on Law Enforcement. CRAZY that this has not been solved, not even a SUSPECT are you kidding me?! So frustrated, but always on my mind. I will post updates as I know them - hopefully something, anything soon!

Thanks Traceyrita. I check for updates everyday. This case has stuck in my mind and heart.

Bumping up for Jessica!
I pray justice is served soon!:please:

I'm getting frustrated now (well, more than before). Scoured news articles and NOTHING new. I haven't taken my daughter to that park since this happened. I wish we had more info.

Fellow Sleuths: is there anything that I can do as a concerned member of the community, and a parent to get answers or info? I've even thought about calling/emailing LE although I know they likely won't give any info.

I keep hoping to find more info. when I read this thread!

Tracyrita...I am so new that I really don't know what else we are allowed to do. I hope a fellow sleuther can give us some suggestions!

Bumping up for Jessica!:please:

Did anyone see this comment?

"Macie53 at 4:08 PM March 24, 2012
Is there anyone who reads these comments,would you please investigate the missing 15 year old down in Morgan Hill,California??? I still feel there is a connection. I am sure this father had to pay child support and he spoke to his daughter the night before. I feel that there is a third party involved that these fathers have shared information with. Her father is a registered sex offender,she last lived with him in Oct,2011. I am sure he was very upset when she moved with her mother."

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...a-funkhaslams-killer-20120321,0,5791016.story

Did anyone see this comment?

"Macie53 at 4:08 PM March 24, 2012
Is there anyone who reads these comments,would you please investigate the missing 15 year old down in Morgan Hill,California??? I still feel there is a connection. I am sure this father had to pay child support and he spoke to his daughter the night before. I feel that there is a third party involved that these fathers have shared information with. Her father is a registered sex offender,she last lived with him in Oct,2011. I am sure he was very upset when she moved with her mother."

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...a-funkhaslams-killer-20120321,0,5791016.story

Ok, I am trying to get what they mean. Are they saying that these two cases are connected somehow through the father? And did they mean thru Sierras father? Or is jessica's father an RSO too?

Ok, I am trying to get what they mean. Are they saying that these two cases are connected somehow through the father? And did they mean thru Sierras father? Or is jessica's father an RSO too?

This comment was difficult for me to understand too.
I could not find AP, Jessica's father on the registry.. but he may have another name, too.

Does he have a prison record that coincides with Sierra's dad, maybe?

JMO and MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back