GUILTY CA - Jessica Funk-Haslam, 13, found murdered, Rosemont, 6 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wonder how long those will take.....what did they find with her body? was there dna evidence on her?

It is good to know that there are still actions being taken in the investigation of poor Jessica's death.

I hope these DNA samples will lead in the right direction.

ITA. I've been so sad not seeing any new news.

This gives me hope.

Bumping for Jessica!
May the DNA results help LE in there search to find this poor girl! :praying:

Hi Mods!
I was wondering if there is any way we could add Jessica's name to the thread heading?
I just thought it would give poor Jessica a little more dignity now that we are following her case?
I am not trying to be picky.
Thank you!:seeya:

Hi Mods!
I was wondering if there is any way we could add Jessica's name to the thread heading?
I just thought it would give poor Jessica a little more dignity now that we are following her case?
I am not trying to be picky.
Thank you!:seeya:

I like your thought. I would love to see Jessica's name, too.

wonder how long those will take.....what did they find with her body? was there dna evidence on her?

Could be just about anything that might have been left behind by someone who did this to Jessica. Spit, hair, cig butts, pop can, rope, blood, clothing, ect.

By the number of injuries Jessica received I think this had to be more than one person. I doubt that those people just showed up, killed her and then left. I would think they where there for a while with her before they killed her. It seems strange to me that she would have been there by herself and then the killers just happened upon her, killed her and left. I think the killers knew her. The more time they spent in the dugout the more chances some DNA was left behind.

The one thing that we know for sure is LE has some DNA that it is unknown who it belongs to. Where the DNA evidence was obtained is what I would also like to know.

JMO

JMO

Hi everyone! It is my understanding (paraphrasing from a local sac bee article) that they are doing the additional DNA testing to eliminate suspects. I talked to a parent here that said she asked LE why her son was being tested, and they said because of the type of music he listens to. :banghead:

I also felt from the beginning that this was done by someone Jessica knew (although I was thinking more along family lines) but I had a thought driving home the other day...what if Jessica didn't want to go home, and having no cell phone (and ya know, no pay phones around here anymore) decided to sleep in the dugout until school and someone happened upon her? Again, the circumstances and cause of death don't really fit this scenario, but I had a bad feeling one day.

We went to the park last Sat for the first time since this happened, and walked past the dugout. It was sad and creepy. Pss I do not think this has anything to do with Sierra Lamar, but certainly love to hear any and all opinions about it. I have been a bit preoccupied in that thread since there
hasn't been much news on our dear Jessica. Hoping we get somewhere soon. :please:

Just a tragic loss so close to here. I would be willing to bet it was a peer killing. Especially because of the head trauma, strangulation and stabbing. Overkill to the hilt. It was done fast, in a passionate rage, and there were more than one person present, imo. We'll see what pans out with the DNA.

Also, I thought I'd add that I'd like to know why the police weren't called to report her child out at 2:30 in the morning? My girls would have never been permitted to go out into the night, angry or not.

Just a tragic loss so close to here. I would be willing to bet it was a peer killing. Especially because of the head trauma, strangulation and stabbing. Overkill to the hilt. It was done fast, in a passionate rage, and there were more than one person present, imo. We'll see what pans out with the DNA.

Also, I thought I'd add that I'd like to know why the police weren't called to report her child out at 2:30 in the morning? My girls would have never been permitted to go out into the night, angry or not.

I thought the daughter had run away the weekend before and LE wasn't helpful, maybe that was why?

I would really like to know what that anonymous letter had written in it!:what:

Still nothing new? I don't like it when cases go quiet for too long.....

Still nothing new? I don't like it when cases go quiet for too long.....

I know. I really thought they might have something by now, especially if kids were involved...

Bumping up for Jessica!

I am hoping that the DNA/forensics testing provide some leads/results soon!
:please:

Thank you to the Powers That Be for placing Jessica's name in the thread title!

:gthanks:

Bumping up for Jessica!

It is hard to fathom how a vicious murder can be covered up for so long!:please:

Bumping up for Jessica!

It is hard to fathom how a vicious murder can be covered up for so long!:please:

This case seemed to be so ready to be solved. All those people milling around the local park,a poor dead girl right there, in the open, found so quickly. And still it goes cold??????????????????

This case seemed to be so ready to be solved. All those people milling around the local park,a poor dead girl right there, in the open, found so quickly. And still it goes cold??????????????????

I SO agree with you!

Murder in a busy location, body not hidden... it seemed like answers, though sad, would come sooner than this!:maddening:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87
Back