CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is your take on this,Missy? I am thinking if they had anything on Bennett it would have come out by now You?

I really don't know. I was thinking maybe it was possible that they had some info that Bennett was with Chase that day (I mean the 6th).

I don't know the relevance about Bennett and they had to drive him around was? But those questions were asked and answered by their sister. I'm interested to see if he will testify as well... sounds interesting :D

I really don't know. I was thinking maybe it was possible that they had some info that Bennett was with Chase that day (I mean the 6th).

I don't know the relevance about Bennett and they had to drive him around was? But those questions were asked and answered by their sister. I'm interested to see if he will testify as well... sounds interesting :D
Hmm, got me thinking. Was it defense asking her this? I can't recall. Maybe there is a prosecution witness to seeing Bennett in a vehicle with Chase and this is the defense's way to soften the blow. Otherwise, what is the relevance? Wasn't she subject to recall?

Hmm, got me thinking. Was it defense asking her this? I can't recall. Maybe there is a prosecution witness to seeing Bennett in a vehicle with Chase and this is the defense's way to soften the blow. Otherwise, what is the relevance? Wasn't she subject to recall?

It was the defense asking. IIRC that was the majority of their questions... lol I wish we had the video! Knowing that they took his DNA in December... than questions about Bennett and driving him around (since 2004 IIRC)... and right, what was the relevance? But I also don't recall if the pro's objected or not.

The article I linked in my other post, said they had a "confidential informant" ... I don't know how much truth is in that? but the pro's weren't going to call that witness now, so Maline dropped it?

One last comment about Ad-Seg: LE just can't "put" someone into Ad-Seg w/o the Jail Commander/Warden's approval. I've been retired almost 15 years and I believe it was Title 12 (Ca Laws) about inmate's rights etc . . .

If you want to know about jail/prison life, look up Title 12 and it will explain everything about jail/prison laws.

It's either Title 12 or 15, sorry for that.

It's 15, doh ! Been awhile for me, lol.

Don't know too much about Calif., but knew about Ariz. back in the day.
Protective Custody could be requested by an inmate, or initiated by the prison of said inmate who had a threat placed on him, directly or through information gathered through confiscated kites, yard scuttlebutt, or shotcaller conversations overheard and reported by a snitch.
Admin was high risk inmates, for the safety of other inmates and staff. The one's that could control the actions of a crew/group, hand down "punishments", approve rank, control contraband, etc., if they were in GP. And the unusually hostile with the short fuses.

Both scenarios DO NOT guarantee that they will work. There's always a way to get around the rules.
An inmate in Florence, 40 some odd years ago, was burned to death when another inmate got into the light housing of his cell and replace the bulb with a bulb fill with gas and dishwashing liquid. When lock down came for count, lights turned on, the bulb exploded.
Another inmate left the AB, requested being move to PC, officials didn't grant it, he lost his eye when another inmate walked by his cell and shot him with a zip gun. He sued and received a settlement.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Do you have a link to that?
I find it. There was at least one article on it. He was pulled over and had women's clothing in his car. Had some excuse about going to the laundry mat iirc. Some old timers will remember because it was discussed quite a bit after the remains were found.

It was the defense asking. IIRC that was the majority of their questions... lol I wish we had the Can I say what I think because Bennett is now in the mix?video! Knowing that they took his DNA in December... than questions about Bennett and driving him around (since 2004 IIRC)... and right, what was the relevance? But I also don't recall if the pro's objected or not.

The article I linked in my other post, said they had a "confidential informant" ... I don't know how much truth is in that? but the pro's weren't going to call that witness now, so Maline dropped it?
Hope I can say this since Bennett is now in the mix. Only saw one pic but boy does he have that Breaking Bad kinda look. I know!! Stereotyping and the like. Just can't help myself. Dodging behind the sofa from rotten tomatoes. LOL.

Did they say why he has no driver's license, and has to be driven around?

I wonder if he could be an alcoholic and lost his license for being a habitual offender?

How old is this man if you know?

Imo

I find it. There was at least one article on it. He was pulled over and had women's clothing in his car. Had some excuse about going to the laundry mat iirc. Some old timers will remember because it was discussed quite a bit after the remains were found.

It's not that I don't believe you. I do recall reading that Chase had a brother that had some legal troubles, I'm not sure if he is the same brother. But I think it's really important if anyone is going to post something like that, it should be linked JMO I've been searching on google and can't find a link-able source yet... still looking lol

One last comment about Ad-Seg: LE just can't "put" someone into Ad-Seg w/o the Jail Commander/Warden's approval. I've been retired almost 15 years and I believe it was Title 12 (Ca Laws) about inmate's rights etc . . .

If you want to know about jail/prison life, look up Title 12 and it will explain everything about jail/prison laws.

It's either Title 12 or 15, sorry for that.

It's 15, doh ! Been awhile for me, lol.
And you have lived to tell about it. Dangerous job, IMO.

It's not that I don't believe you. I do recall reading that Chase had a brother that had some legal troubles, I'm not sure if he is the same brother. But I think it's really important if anyone is going to post something like that, it should be linked JMO I've been searching on google and can't find a link-able source yet... still looking lol

grrrr I've found a link to a newspaper on newspapers.com but I don't want to sign up LOL I don't need the junk email when I'm not sure if it's there or not. :confused::confused: anyone already have an account?

EDITED OUT THE LINK... until we are sure that we can discuss or not.

Last edited:
Mods, if this is off base, I apologize - just remove it.

I recall Patrick saying in an interview that he wanted the death penalty for CM if he is found guilty because it is far more restrictive and confining than what a life without possibility of parole inmate experiences. Considering CM's age and the number of years that appeals take, CM's life would be a tortuous one for a very long time.

Just to be clear, I'm not stating I believe he was involved or that I'm sleuthing him. But he was swabbed. They didn't do that in 77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro