CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rsbm

According to Susan Blake's testimony he wouldn't participate in the flyers and the media appeals from the beginning.

What? What in the world was the reason he gave the family members for not participating in any way he possibly could in order to help?

I don't know of one best friend that wouldnt want to be completely involved in trying to help the families locate them?

It's even stranger that he had such a cold unfeeling attitude when he has gone on, and on about how much he cared about Joey, even saying he was the nicest guy he had ever known.

I guess it's TRUE that actions do speak far louder than mere words.

The only time I have seen this attitude was when the unfeeling so called friend was involved, and had murdered them.

Again, this will all come down to what makes more logical sense, based on the evidence the jury will have with them during deliberations.

It's not rocket science or complex, but a motive as old as time.

It's not that hard to figure out why CM didn't care one whit about helping the family of the man he had murdered. He darn sure wasn't going to take any of them to the two graves in the desert.

Imo

I listened to this last night. I could be mistaken, because there was a lot covered, but it just reaffirmed what I believe to be true and stated, that VM calls do not register to the receivers phone or nearby tower. I'm going to listen again when I have some free time.

There was a TON of information in there, it really is terrible that the days that exhibits would have been extremely helpful to follow the testimony, we didn't have cams :( I have actually mapped out some of his testimony to understand it better haha Like the 'flyers' that they were talking about... and also McGee was talking about a tower they both hit off of I15 that was further away, I was able to find those from the testimony we did have on video to better understand what they were talking about.

I thought yesterday you understood it to mean it was off/airplane/out of range?

Didn't Boles also testify the his phone was either off, in airplane mode or out of range?

He did say that in his direct testimony, and I really think he thought that to be true, and I think the prosecution did as well based on what Boles told them. But after cross examination, he says that he would like to confer with AT&T.

These include calls to and from on the 4th, correct?

In my notes I have it written as from the 4th on.... 39 times, 27 of those were on the 4th, so that leaves 12 after the 4th. It was in testimony on the 23rd Part 4, towards the end. It was actually @MichaelCorleone that pointed it out last week.

I'll look for that. How many times does did this occur? It's hard for me to throw out the baby with the bath water. This doesn't really signify any glaring discrepancies either.
McGee as far as I can remember, shows that happening on the 4th in the records... I will go back and see if I can find it later for you.

The only explanation that I can see for that is that it was 5:47 and 5:48... would it show twice if the phone was ringing at 5:47 and it went into the next minute? Wasn't answered until 5:48? If that makes sense? LOL

I don't think they have any computers that show which it was printed from? or at least none that have been talked about in the trial.

The only one that was shown in a cached image was the Feb 4th one, but it wasn't printed. I have attached a snip of that from the trial.

Thanks. The main part of the evidence about this is, they know it did not come from Joey's.

I think that is the most important part the jury will consider.

Jmo

Right but there is further testimony that it was more than 6 because they included some calls on the 4th.
Do you have a time for that in the testimony? Boles testified for a few days, so not always easy to find LOL Like I said, I didn't even realize it was 12 until last week when it was pointed out.

Thanks. The main part of the evidence about this is, they know it did not come from Joey's.

Jmo

I am unclear about which computers were in the house... maybe @Force Ten recalls, but there was mention of another computer or a laptop. Looking at my notes... Device 1 was an Asus laptop, but when the defense asked about it, it was objected to, they approached and was sustained as beyond the scope. So maybe we will hear more about it when the defense starts? I think there was another one mentioned besides this one with the username Giuseppe black... but this could be the Asus I guess.

somewhat OT... I would hate for LE to ever have to take all our computers from the house haha we have 5 that are used daily... but many more that are still here but are not used daily! And I have been following trials for many years... I can only imagine what would come up in my "search" history :eek::eek::eek:

He never said they came to his home for dinner. So I think he was only referring to Joey.

It did make me wonder why he said they met at CFL instead of Joey meeting him at his home since according to CM, Joey had done that often.

Jmo

How far is the shop from CM's home? Could they have met there or does the phone information make that impossible?

None yet ocean.

Detective DuGal in 2010 and detective Hanke in 2014 were unable to get cctv footage from CFA and the forensic accountant Weitzman found no evidence in either Joey's or Chase's bank records that they were there.

I know that you don't think that Chase met him there that day, partially based off of the phone pings and him going to Starbucks... have you ever considered that he didn't go to the Starbucks that was close to Chick-Fil-A?

I was listening to Chase's interview yesterday looking for the info about when PM called Joey about the lawsuit, and I heard something that made me go and look at the map... Fiske and Chase were talking about Wendy's and Starbucks (I think Dugal/Fiske stopped at one of them before going to Chase's) I looked for the Wendy's and it is close to Chase's, but not by the Chik-Fil-A. There is also a Starbucks there.

ETA: I wish we had Joey's CC statements that also showed no purchase, but we don't. So I can't conclude that they didn't meet there just yet.

How far is the shop from CM's home? Could they have met there or does the phone information make that impossible?

I think over the years, the theory was that they met at the storage facility, but so far in testimony, there has been no confirmation that one even existed other than a payment to a storage facility in April 2010 I believe *sigh*

Jmo

You just reminded me that there was some talk about Joey's printer and what was on there, Schroeder tried to get the images over the weekend break in his testimony but was unable to IIRC I'm going to add that to my list of things to watch for on the defense side LOL There are a lot of things they implied, they need to back them up when they present their side IMO

I know that you don't think that Chase met him there that day, partially based off of the phone pings and him going to Starbucks... have you ever considered that he didn't go to the Starbucks that was close to Chick-Fil-A?

I was listening to Chase's interview yesterday looking for the info about when PM called Joey about the lawsuit, and I heard something that made me go and look at the map... Fiske and Chase were talking about Wendy's and Starbucks (I think Dugal/Fiske stopped at one of them before going to Chase's) I looked for the Wendy's and it is close to Chase's, but not by the Chik-Fil-A. There is also a Starbucks there.

ETA: I wish we had Joey's CC statements that also showed no purchase, but we don't. So I can't conclude that they didn't meet there just yet.

Based on the cheque serial numbers he had already printed a cheque on the 2nd from the middle of the batch of cheques he printed on the 5th.

The defense did not raise credit card records to make the forensic accountant look incompetent, and they are turning over every stone, so I am sure even if you aren't that it isn't in there.

JMO

Do we have any idea if the shop/warehouse was ever located and/or searched? TIA!

I believe Smith tried to find it and was unable to. I will say JMO because I am not sure where in testimony it is lol

On the archived EIP website, it states they own and occupy a 50,000+ sq. ft. warehouse and lists the factory address as 2709 North Towne Ave. Unit B, Pomona.

From the site:

EIP Fountains & Watefalls is a family-owned supplier of wall water fountains, hanging wall fountains, and water feature fountains. Currently in our 7 th year of operation, we own and occupy a 50,000+ square-foot warehouse complete with workshops and a state-of-the-art finishing booth. Our staff works diligently to provide you with the best possible service and water features.

Phone Contact Info

24 Hour Live Phone Support
Phone: 949.274.4674

Fax: 714.464.4307

Locations

Office
Factory

2377 South El Camino Real, Ste. A
San Clemente, Ca 92672
(by appointment only)

2709 N. Towne Ave. Unit B
Pomona, Ca 91767
(by appointment only
)

Email
Sales
Fountain Questions
sales@earthinspiredproducts.com
contact@earthinspiredproducts.com

Sales Executives
Joseph McStay
PHONE 949.274.4674

indoor-wall-water-fountains.gif

Based on the cheque serial numbers he had already printed a cheque on the 2nd from the middle of the batch of cheques he printed on the 5th.

The defense did not raise credit card records to make the forensic accountant look incompetent, and they are turning over every stone, so I am sure even if you aren't that it isn't in there.

JMO

I'm not sure what the first part of your post is in regards to?

As for the credit card statements, was the accountant given those? He also couldn't testify about the cheques that Chase wrote out of his account because he wasn't given those either.

I do expect to see more of the financial aspect of this, we will see :)

On the archived EIP website, it states they own and occupy a 50,000+ sq. ft. warehouse and lists the factory address as 2709 North Towne Ave. Unit B, Pomona.

From the site:

EIP Fountains & Watefalls is a family-owned supplier of wall water fountains, hanging wall fountains, and water feature fountains. Currently in our 7 th year of operation, we own and occupy a 50,000+ square-foot warehouse complete with workshops and a state-of-the-art finishing booth. Our staff works diligently to provide you with the best possible service and water features.

Phone Contact Info

24 Hour Live Phone Support
Phone: 949.274.4674

Fax: 714.464.4307

Locations

Office
Factory

2377 South El Camino Real, Ste. A
San Clemente, Ca 92672
(by appointment only)

2709 N. Towne Ave. Unit B
Pomona, Ca 91767
(by appointment only
)

Email
Sales
Fountain Questions
sales@earthinspiredproducts.com
contact@earthinspiredproducts.com

Sales Executives
Joseph McStay
PHONE 949.274.4674

indoor-wall-water-fountains.gif

IIRC from many many years ago... that warehouse never existed, right?

IIRC from many many years ago... that warehouse never existed, right?

I really don’t know if it existed. According to the EIP site, it did. But since Smith investigated and couldn’t find a warehouse, I suspect it didn’t exist. One thing I do know, the warehouse at the listed address is nowhere near 50,000+ sq. ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member