CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's damning.

JMO

My son is a model finisher for Laika Studios. They use an application similar to FARO to scan the models for 3D printing. The most current movie produced by Laika is "Missing Link".
My son also said when you use FARO or similar apps, there's no way you can make an object with registration points fit another object that doesn't have corresponding points. The margin of error is set and anything above that will not set up with additional registration points for a 2nd, more defined scan. They do up to 5 scans, each more defined, before it is set to the 3D printer.
His explanation sealed the deal for me.

It cant be any clearer this man did everything he is accused of doing. I think there are many more rotten things he has done, and just wasn't caught. Imo

He turned out to be the worst back stabbing individual that ever crossed paths with Joey McStay, and his family. He wasn't Joey's best friend. He was his worst living nightmare.

This case is a painful reminder of how many good caring people, like the McStays, have been murdered in cold blood because of their good deeds.

No good deed goes unpunished because of individuals just like CM.

When he couldn't manipulate Joey anymore, he knew then, the only way to get his hands in Joey's cookie jar was to murder them all where neither Joey nor Summer could stop him.

Any individual who can look into the eyes of two terrified totally innocent little boys, and crush their skulls in has to be demonic to the core. Only psychopaths are capable of doing such cruelty. Imo

It makes CM truly one of the worst who walks this earth.

At least he has been stopped in his tracks. Anyone capable of being stone cold is perfectly capable of hurting others if allowed to roam free among more good hearted people.

I hope CM never sees the light of day ever again.

We've seen even after murdering four how quickly he went on to victimize more, hoping he would be able to find another easygoing Joey he could manipulate, and get his evil claws in.

Imo
His evil deeds are beyond the comprehension of many good people. I can understand how many of us can't fathom how a man, a father and a friend could be cabable of such horror.

I cant stand the new time change either. I wish we would just have one,all the time, instead of it jumping forward in March and then falling back again in the fall.

Imo
Where I live, we don't change time, so I have to "adjust", I was 2 hours ahead of Pacific time, I'm now only 1 hour ahead. All TV programs are different now as well, it's annoying lol

I can understand how many of us can't fathom how a man, a father and a friend could be cabable of such horror.

My doubt about this case is the lack of convincing evidence. Regrettably, I can totally "fathom how a man, a father and a friend could be capable [originally spelling corrected] of such horror", given so many horrible news reports about man murdering their own children and wife. And it's more than likely this crime was committed by a man or men who were or are fathers and were friend(s) to Joseph or otherwise very close to Joseph. Joseph couldn't have fathomed that, but many of us can. However, regarding to the current accused, there is nothing I've read or heard about in this case that suggests he either has the violent nature, or the motive, or the capability to torture Joseph and murder this entire family.

My doubt about this case is the lack of convincing evidence. Regrettably, I can totally "fathom how a man, a father and a friend could be capable [originally spelling corrected] of such horror", given so many horrible news reports about man murdering their own children and wife. And it's more than likely this crime was committed by a man or men who were or are fathers and were friend(s) to Joseph or otherwise very close to Joseph. Joseph couldn't have fathomed that, but many of us can. However, regarding to the current accused, there is nothing I've read or heard about in this case that suggests he either has the violent nature, or the motive, or the capability to torture Joseph and murder this entire family.
But that is not a requirement for deciding guilt based on the evidence. Otherwise first time murderers would have to have a history.

I believe Susan may have said she was scared of him or something to that effect when he wanted to wring Dan's neck, to the extent she walked away from trying to keep the business afloat for Joey.

I disagree there is no motive in this case btw.

But that is not a requirement for deciding guilt based on the evidence. Otherwise first time murderers would have to have a history.

Requirement or not, what we have so far is not sufficient.

I believe Susan may have said she was scared of him or something to that effect when he wanted to wring Dan's neck, to the extent she walked away from trying to keep the business afloat for Joey.

I disagree there is no motive in this case btw.

Not sure why Susan would be scared of the friend of her son who was concerned about his welfare and urged them to visit the house. As for motive, Dan Kavanaugh.

Not to sound old or anything (I am 29, I swear) but I am not real sure how twitter works. I have an account (FWIW) and I have a follower - haha. Anyway, make sure we all give this guy lots of heart clicks for being our eyes and ears at the trial today.

Yes, a little love is appropriate, and we do want him to go back as often as possible (lord knows no one else is keeping us informed :().

My son is a model finisher for Laika Studios. They use an application similar to FARO to scan the models for 3D printing. The most current movie produced by Laika is "Missing Link".
My son also said when you use FARO or similar apps, there's no way you can make an object with registration points fit another object that doesn't have corresponding points. The margin of error is set and anything above that will not set up with additional registration points for a 2nd, more defined scan. They do up to 5 scans, each more defined, before it is set to the 3D printer.
His explanation sealed the deal for me.

What an interesting field.

I think we will be seeing more, and more 3D imaging in our criminal courtrooms throughout the country.

We have to remember what was once new at one time, becomes frequently used after then in court. At one time DNA was new too. Lol

I find all new aspects used in criminal cases quite fascinating.

Poor Tortoise says listening to DNA details being testified to is not something they enjoy, but me, I love it all. Including somewhat boring cell phone data evidence.

I'm probably the oldest geek or nerd on this forum because all of it I thoroughly enjoy. LOL!

Which makes me wish I had time to devote to even listening to the audio.

My hubby retired last year after 51 years of service, then 2 months later he has his own business, so of course you can guess who his accountant, and office manager is! Lmbo!

Jmo

This morning's hearing outside the presence of the jury - haven't listened yet.

So more of the same...:rolleyes:

McGee complaining that the prosecutors went to the defense witnesses to get their reports last week, because defense hasn't provided discovery yet, and the prosecution complaining that this is defense by ambush, and the defense complaining that the prosecution conducted their case by ambush.

Judge ended up by telling defense they would have to file a motion if they want to allege prosecutorial misconduct, he was not prepared to go into it this morning with the witness scheduled and the jury waiting.

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 3m3 minutes ago
Court is back in session. The defense is continuing its cross-examination of the prosecution's 3D expert, trying to poke holes in his process. For example, questioning the shape of the headlights in his models, the length of the truck, etc.

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 1m1 minute ago
Another defense question: are you referring to the headlight, or the running light. Expert: I tried to distinguish between the headlight and headlamp.

He may not have known. I used QB for several years and I don't remember ever backdating any checks. I don't think I knew it was possible. I'd have to sit and try to figure it out.
You can back date to the date of the fiscal period start and/or last reconciliation, unless your last reconciliation isn't finished and it is just saved but not submitted. You can override the reconciliation, those cases, you'll get two separate errors or warnings. 1. It will tell you the "transaction precedes the reconciliation date, and it will cause your reconciliation to become unbalanced. Do you wish to proceed?" (not verbatim, but something like that). If you try to cut the cheque/do a transaction before the fiscal start date it will 2. just not let you. Like you can't physically put the date into the transaction to cut the cheque, EVEN if you try to bypass the invoice feature and savagely go to "Make other payment", as us "oops, forgot that and now the year end is finished and I accidentally rolled it over and fml, that (payment/general journal/invoice/remittance) needed happen before I rolled it over and all hope is lost" bookkeepers are sometimes want to do. It will just say "Invalid transaction, (something to the effect of) valid date between 01/01/2018-12/31/2018 and doesn't allow you to post it.

Hope that helps!

Yes, a little love is appropriate, and we do want him to go back as often as possible (lord knows no one else is keeping us informed :().

I agree.

Wasnt there another reporter from CBS that was also tweeting at one time about this case? I remember one of our posters was putting up some of her tweets.

I cant believe they don't have a pool camera set up by a large news outlet in the area.

Florida always has them in high profile cases in that state.

Imo

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 2m2 minutes ago
The defense attorney is now telling the expert that he ignored certain information with his reconstruction. The expert says he didn't ignore anything; that information was not relevant.

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 2m2 minutes ago
The defense: "I'm asking you what it is." The expert: "If you want me to speculate, I can."

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan 46s46 seconds ago
The defense is pointing out the expert's measurements were off by 20%. The prosecution is objecting, saying the defense is confusing "light" with "glare."

I agree!!!!! I wish we could get someone else to cover it.. I mean, use a phone, it's gotta be better than L&C's live stream anyway, right? haha
Ditto. I wouldn't patronize them at all. I didn't even know about them since I dropped off the grid for so many years. Will they survive when Court TV is back in play?

Rob McMillan‏Verified account @abc7robmcmillan now
The defense is arguing that the high-quality closeup picture of the truck on top is different than the low-res video of security cam. The expert: “you’re comparing apples to oranges here.”

D1fP8BHU4AA3dK2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member