CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Force Ten for the article on Dr. Mark Perlin.

geevee said:
snipped by me....
I'm not sure of next week's schedule, hope it will be a whole 4 days but that seems like it'd be a miracle.

from my notes:

Schedule for week of April 8th to 12th: Court on April 8 (Monday), April 9 (Tuesday), and April 10 (Wednesday). April 11 (Thursday)-NO jurors-Other hearing: Microsoft & Google Motion to Quash Defendants Subpoena Duces Tecum & Documentary crew interview w/Merritt. DARK on April 12 (Friday). Jurors informed they should have the case by end of April.

Ha, just noticed a comment under the video:

Jared Bradley 2 hours ago
As the president of M-Vac Systems I am very pleased with Suzanna Ryan and how she described and demonstrated the M-Vac forensic DNA collection system to the jury. Wish we had video but even just listening to the audio I can tell she did a great job. How she described how the system works (similar to a carpet cleaner), where it would likely be used and where it shouldn't be used. Very professional and very proficient testimony. We're accustomed to the M-Vac getting impressive results but viable DNA from evidence that has been buried for 3 years? That's amazing. www.m-vac.com

Viable as long as you dial down the analytical threshold to near zero.

Last edited:
He did admit to having some. Said Joey gave them to him

And IIRC, the ones he cashed are from the missing lot numbers
Top cheque in box #4245

76 missing cheques #4161 to #4235

cheques in Merritt's possession with dates created/printed

#4236 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Metro
#4237 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Merritt
#4238 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Metro
#4239 - not printed
#4240 - Feb 2nd - Merritt
#4241 - Feb 8th - Merritt
#4242 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Merritt

I believe Daugherty is the lead for the PT (even though Imes and Rodriguez question most of the witnesses).

Maline is lead counsel for DT.

McGee is lead counsel for CM and Daugherty and Imes are both lead counsels for the PT.

Attachments

• 24B6D7A6-28A6-4A0A-934F-9C253A3BDFF1.jpeg
    24B6D7A6-28A6-4A0A-934F-9C253A3BDFF1.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 7
According to testimony, Summer had a problem with MM too.

I dont think they are comparable though. Mike and his family didnt live close by.

However it seems Summer was having to deal with MM on a daily basis, so much so, the neighbors thought he lived there.

I think that caused Summer much more stress, than a brother in law who didnt even live close by.

I think Summers main thorn in her side, was Merritt around the time they were all murdered.

Jmo

The other problem IMO with her testimony regarding the DNA on the steering wheel and the last driver more likely to be the major contributor to the mix, is that this assumes the last driver actually used ungloved hands on the steering wheel. That would seem to be highly improbable during the commission of a crime, ie moving the vehicle of the murder victim. I would always assume during a premeditated act by a killer they would make every attempt to not leave traces and wear gloves. A cough or an inadvertent swipe of the glove on his face would be enough to deposit trace DNA on his glove and the controls IMO.

JMO

Top cheque in box #4245

76 missing cheques #4161 to #4235

cheques in Merritt's possession with dates created/printed

#4236 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Metro
#4237 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Merritt
#4238 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Metro
#4239 - not printed
#4240 - Feb 2nd - Merritt
#4241 - Feb 8th - Merritt
#4242 - Feb 5th (backdated to 4th) - Merritt

Thanks Tortoise! I knew you knew this and was tired last night :)

I think such evidence would just be hearsay. But more importantly, the prosecution are presenting the case that CM committed the murders for financial reasons. No point in muddying the waters.

I'm not sure it would be, they allowed Mike to testify about talking to Joey.

I dont think they are comparable though. Mike and his family didnt live close by.

However it seems Summer was having to deal with MM on a daily basis, so much so, the neighbors thought he lived there.

I think that caused Summer much more stress, than a brother in law who didnt even live close by.

I think Summers main thorn in her side, was Merritt around the time they were all murdered.

Jmo

We don’t know how Summer really felt about either one of them. However, MM testified there was a problem between them.

MM said he and Joey were very close. Yet, he was never at the Avo house, IIRC. I wonder if Summer didn’t want MM in her home after the argument in July. It might have been enough to have severed ties completely. JMO.

Re: The M-VAC expert and the ballpoint pen study.....She implied the results of that study can be applied to the steering wheel and we should have seen CM as the major contributor.....
IMO this is apples to oranges, or maybe apples to pears comparison. A ballpoint pen is hard and smooth and does not have a lot of crevices for the DNA to enter. A steering wheel is made of a softer material. It would be nice if had the actual steering wheel for reference. I would expect Joey's DNA to be all over the steering wheel due to his frequent and repeated use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop