CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for such a master mind DK decided to beat up his girlfriend and bring the police to his door. That seems like such a rookie mistake to make to bring unwanted attention to yourself when you have gotten away with murdering a family of 4.

But what do I know :p

It's a little unclear to me... maybe you know... did Joey actually keep track of payments to Chase in QB's? Was it in the Contact account? We have seen very little as far as the QB's in the Contact account, so I'm not even sure if it was shown in the trial or not.

BIB

If only there had been a forensic accountant on hand to tell us!

But one can hazard a guess that the answer is yes as he declared all his revenue for the previous tax years so would have needed to have a solid expense ledger with the backing invoices

Seeing as he used QBs it's also not much of a leap to assume he used QBs to document his business finances for tax purposes.

I mean call me crazy but somewhere there surely must be invoices from Chase against these payments right? You don't pay an independent contractor guy 6 figures against no invoices?

So wouldn't it be fascinating to know if Joey coded his cheques in any way in the custom account?

Or did he simply delete them all? Oh wait we know he never did that!

Last edited:
DK must be such a master mind , yet oddly the behavior I have seen off him is anything but calculated.

So DK managed to convince everybody he was in Hawaii and was hiding away somewhere near fallbook.

Gave somebody his credit card to make it appear he was in Hawaii as well all the whole hiding and not being seen by any of his friends in LA.

Then he manages to kill the family, make out a cheque for Chase and have second thoughts and deletes it.

Then the follow day goes to Chase’s home and writes out a cheque for Chase who then goes to the bank and cashs it. DK must of been in disguise as Chase claimed he hadn’t met DK until after the family vanished. So maybe he wore a balaclava and Chase just the upstanding citizen he was didn’t find it at all strange somebody had come to his home written out a cheque for Chase and asked him to cash it with Joey’s signature on it.

Then DK goes back to the Mcstays and tidied up and got rid of all evidence.

Then sneaks back to Hawaii and everybody can breath a sign of relief as he has just pulled off such a con the world didn’t see it coming and Chase is sitting at home and watching tv not at all concerned about “ his best mate” Joey.

DK is now surfing up a storm in Hawaii proud as punch he has gotten away with murdering 4 people.

Don’t things like this happen all the time?

It's a fact he cashed it. The ink wasn't even dry.
Apparently, you didn't read my comment very well in which I explained this.
Are you going to next suppose that Dan hacked into Chase's phone and called QB?
We need missy's help on this question because no one else here appears to know how this evidence was obtained, and she's the only one here that seems to be keeping thorough records of the testimony.

So Maline calls the detective to question him about the cordless phone. Not sure what he was trying to elicit from this questioning. But it backfired on Mental Midget Maline cause on cross, the detective said ZERO calls from the two timed felon felon to his BFF. And per CJ and Taylor, the Merritt household spent the whole weekend wringing their hands cause they couldn't reach the McStays. Liars!

If CM couldn't reach his BFF via cell, why didn't he try the landline? Hmmm. Maybe cause he knew they were all dead!

All IMO

Sgt Edward Bachman

Verified Dan K's alibi.

Someone on their team (believes it was Hanke) interviewed Dan K's girlfriend of the time Laura?or Lauren Knowles, she said he was in Hawaii, "and she did not care for Mr Kavanaugh and had no problem providing the alibi, provided them with an image that showed them on the beach while they were there"

Det. Avila (sp?) spoke to TSA or someone from Hawaiian Airlines to verify his flight details.

Apparently, you didn't read my comment very well in which I explained this.

We need missy's help on this question because no one else here appears to know how this evidence was obtained, and she's the only one here that seems to be keeping thorough records of the testimony.
She is? Apparently you missed the quotes above.

Sgt Edward Bachman

Verified Dan K's alibi.

Someone on their team (believes it was Hanke) interviewed Dan K's girlfriend of the time Laura?or Lauren Knowles, she said he was in Hawaii, "and she did not care for Mr Kavanaugh and had no problem providing the alibi, provided them with an image that showed them on the beach while they were there"

Det. Avila (sp?) spoke to TSA or someone from Hawaiian Airlines to verify his flight details.

As Admiral Akbar once said...

"it's a trap!"

Defense strategy now becoming clear to me.

They set out to show (in opening statements) that San Bernardino didn't investigate because they wanted Merritt.

Now it's coming to the close of their case and they realise that they haven't established this in any of their cross-examinations of SB law enforcement. So time to get the boys back and look for something against each of them.

That's why they couldn't tell them exactly what they were being called back for when the prosecution asked and the judge asked Maline to give them an indication so they could prepare.

That's why Maline was so ill-prepared for direct examination and had to ask for time because he'd only just received Hanke's notebook. He couldn't tell Hanke what to prepare for, and hinted it might have been an interview of Jarvis.

So we had Steers somehow intentionally manipulating photographs of the Mitchley porch and awning - at least I think that was the purpose of Maline calling him, it never did become clear before it fizzled out. And then he tried it on that Hanke saw Agent Boles cell phone maps before interviewing San Ysidro parking lot attendants, presumably to manipulate their evidence, but unfortunately for Maline it transpired that Hanke saw the cell phone maps about a month after he went to San Ysidro.

What a shambles. The defense are rooting through police pocket books looking for evidence while the witnesses are waiting in court. This isn't because McGee is off sick, it's because they didn't prepare evidence of what they said in opening speeches before trial started. Looking for typos in reports. And then whinging that the jurors might blame him.

IMO

This was my feeling yesterday as well

I think they have pushed the boat out too far on DK - when Opening Statements suggested he was only one potential killer. They've made it seem much more like DK is the only other suspect.

DK must be such a master mind , yet oddly the behavior I have seen off him is anything but calculated.

So DK managed to convince everybody he was in Hawaii and was hiding away somewhere near fallbook.

Gave somebody his credit card to make it appear he was in Hawaii as well all the whole hiding and not being seen by any of his friends in LA.

Then he manages to kill the family, make out a cheque for Chase and have second thoughts and deletes it.

Then the follow day goes to Chase’s home and writes out a cheque for Chase who then goes to the bank and cashs it. DK must of been in disguise as Chase claimed he hadn’t met DK until after the family vanished. So maybe he wore a balaclava and Chase just the upstanding citizen he was didn’t find it at all strange somebody had come to his home written out a cheque for Chase and asked him to cash it with Joey’s signature on it.

Then DK goes back to the Mcstays and tidied up and got rid of all evidence.

Then sneaks back to Hawaii and everybody can breath a sign of relief as he has just pulled off such a con the world didn’t see it coming and Chase is sitting at home and watching tv not at all concerned about “ his best mate” Joey.

DK is now surfing up a storm in Hawaii proud as punch he has gotten away with murdering 4 people.

[bbm]

that right there kills the Dan did it theory
and you've just convinced me that Dan had nothing to do with it
up until now I was sure Chase did it but kept wondering about Dan's involvement as well
it's now obvious to me that Dan pilfered money after the fact but did not participate in the murder or planning

[bbm]

that right there kills the Dan did it theory
and you've just convinced me that Dan had nothing to do with it
up until now I was sure Chase did it but kept wondering about Dan's involvement as well
it's now obvious to me that Dan pilfered money after the fact but did not participate in the murder or planning
Welcome to the dark side. :p:p

Maline should be disbarred IMO.

They have rules about excluded matters and he violates them all the time.

This judge is a pushover.

This tells that Maline is doing a fantastic job. :D

Maline rocks.

OTOH Imes is totally replaceable by a looping voice recorder with a single word recorded, "Objection!" :mad:

Can't wait for closing arguments.
Me too! I have faith in the PT that they will pull all the evidence together so the jury can understand there was only one person who committed the murders and the dog and pony show put on by the DT was just smoke and mirrors. Bye bye Charles Ray Merritt, your days are numbered.

Me too! I have faith in the PT that they will pull all the evidence together so the jury can understand there was only one person who committed the murders and the dog and pony show put on by the DT was just smoke and mirrors. Bye bye Charles Ray Merritt, your days are numbered.
Have you noticed the few times we have been able to observe them they appear pretty confident? I am hoping they are feeling that way as they judge the jury. Course this could back fire. Shades of Casey Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro