CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd debunk this Maline slide also - just because I happen to know SEO in overview

It is in fact true that in 2010 the key to good SEO / domain authority was valuable links from ranking domains.

So in simple terms, when someone types a search related to fountains into Google, Google has complex Algorithms to understand which are the important sites on the topic of your search. So in essence google weighs a lot of signals to determine how much "SEO juice" to give your site on key phrases. Originally this was a lot about your content, and then about links, and then social media got in the mix, and then mobile, speed, UX etc etc etc. This is always changing.

At the time in 2010, Google placed a lot of reliance on the popularity & authority of your site. Google understands popularity in terms of what and how many sites link to yours. But of course it is more complex than that. What counts for a lot is if a site that google regards as authoritative on a topic, links to your site. And it helps if the link is contained in words that relate to that topic (so called anchor text).

So what became a big deal was going out to sites that ranked on the key words you wanted to rank on, and buying links from them. One way to get these links was to provide an article that then linked back to your own website. I used to get a lot of these emails offering say $50 -$100 if I would publish an article on my site with the anchor text.

So of course there were a lot of services that would do this crap for you, and a lot of very black hat stuff (link farms etc)

Now - as a small business web developer - your clients first want to build a site - but then of course they quickly want SEO rankings. So you have to know how the SEO game works and how to combine the optimisation of your own site with link building activities. A lot of people have said EIP was an ugly site. Yes it was. But it was also obviously an SEOed site and Dan did that. So yes of course he contracted link buying services. But again he had to know how to run such a programme and which suppliers to trust (so many black hat scam artists!)

To say this is duping Joey is nonsense. Of course if Joey knew about this stuff he could do it all himself. But the point is it was Dan who knew how to do it and mystery = margin.

Dan Kavanaugh Duped Joseph

- DK claimed he was valuable because he designed the website and kept EIP in top 5 Google searches

- DK had nothing to do with it. DK contracted with AUTHORITY DOMAINS

- Buy links and insert links into back stories on the internet

- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION “SEO”

RSBM

I would go further and highlight how the defence (i.e the defendant) has been dishonest compared to their Opening Statement.

Credibility is key here - I would compare what claimed vs what the defence actually already knew!

Absolutely!

If at anytime the jury feels the DT has been deceptive with them, the DTs credibility becomes a big issue. Retaining credibility throughout is a must in every case.

After all in their OS they promised the jury they would bring forth evidence, and witnesses that would show DKs involvement. Okay then where is it?

While they have no legal burden to disprove CMs guilt, they do have an obligation to the jury to support what they told the jury they would do during OS. Imo.

It may make the jury feel the DT has tried to insult their intelligence thinking the defense could pull the wool over their eyes.

Now the jury is fully aware the DT had all the documentation, and witness statements all along, showing DK was in Hawaii, just like the state has told them all along.

It shows the jury now how underhanded, and devious they've been all along, especially Maline. Imo, it rises to the level of unethical conduct. Imoo.

Someone mentioned yesterday how many times the state has made objections, but failed to include the most IMPORTANT part, which was, most all of the objections made by the state were SUSTAINED by the judge, rightfully so.

Imo

Last edited:
Reviewing the OS again I tend to agree with @Tortoise that Maline is in breach of his duties to the Court

McGee's sections of the opening are far more what I would expect from defence counsel. Using expert testimony to try to create doubt on key issues like DNA, Crime Scene, Cell pings and financials.

Maline's section of the opening is all about the DK conspiracy and Riccobene. He makes multiple statements that are actively deceptive.

This clearly is not true or supported by the evidence & Maline had DKs bank statements since 2016.

This clearly is not true yet played even seasoned trial watchers.

Maline himself reveals he holds further affidavits that investigators did check the travel arrangements. And we know Maline had all DK's bank statements since 2016.

This guy is way over the line

There is a spreadsheet in the old forum, I compared it after we got more Paypal info... from records that were released years ago and are in the McStay forum, there was a $2000 transaction that always seemed to be questionable as to how it was done and if Joey himself started that transaction possibly on the 4th. It was a transfer from his bank to his PayPal account of $2000 but it didn't go through until the 9th (which is why it was questioned who did it and when). It would be that $2000 that allowed Dan to just transfer the $900 on the 10th, the $200 on the 11th and the $800 on the 12th directly to his own account. After that, he had to transfer money using the union bank, $3000 on the 12th and $1000 on the 13th.

Anyway, I think this $2000 may be the discrepancy.. he used that $2000 IMO but it wasn't transferred and then transferred again if that makes sense lol

I'm reluctant to share the spreadsheet here but it can easily be found in this thread... posted by bessie. I'm impressed with how much bessie was able to figure out in this case with the so very little that she had to work with! LOL

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ase-facts-no-discussion.190911/#post-10061862

I thought I'd debunk this Maline slide also - just because I happen to know SEO in overview

It is in fact true that in 2010 the key to good SEO / domain authority was valuable links from ranking domains.

So in simple terms, when someone types a search related to fountains into Google, Google has complex Algorithms to understand which are the important sites on the topic of your search. So in essence google weighs a lot of signals to determine how much "SEO juice" to give your site on key phrases. Originally this was a lot about your content, and then about links, and then social media got in the mix, and then mobile, speed, UX etc etc etc. This is always changing.

At the time in 2010, Google placed a lot of reliance on the popularity & authority of your site. Google understands popularity in terms of what and how many sites link to yours. But of course it is more complex than that. What counts for a lot is if a site that google regards as authoritative on a topic, links to your site. And it helps if the link is contained in words that relate to that topic (so called anchor text).

So what became a big deal was going out to sites that ranked on the key words you wanted to rank on, and buying links from them. One way to get these links was to provide an article that then linked back to your own website. I used to get a lot of these emails offering say $50 -$100 if I would publish an article on my site with the anchor text.

So of course there were a lot of services that would do this crap for you, and a lot of very black hat stuff (link farms etc)

Now - as a small business web developer - your clients first want to build a site - but then of course they quickly want SEO rankings. So you have to know how the SEO game works and how to combine the optimisation of your own site with link building activities. A lot of people have said EIP was an ugly site. Yes it was. But it was also obviously an SEOed site and Dan did that. So yes of course he contracted link buying services. But again he had to know how to run such a programme and which suppliers to trust (so many black hat scam artists!)

To say this is duping Joey is nonsense. Of course if Joey knew about this stuff he could do it all himself. But the point is it was Dan who knew how to do it and mystery = margin.

Dan Kavanaugh Duped Joseph

- DK claimed he was valuable because he designed the website and kept EIP in top 5 Google searches

- DK had nothing to do with it. DK contracted with AUTHORITY DOMAINS

- Buy links and insert links into back stories on the internet

- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION “SEO”

Interesting... on another note... I worked for a company that contracts to google and there are human elements to "ranking" that I'm not sure how much people know about LOL It was ... with a very basic explanation... verifying results and relevance to a 'search', which takes into account everything on that site. There was way more to it... but I've said too much already haha

So looking at Bessie’s spread sheet Joey would of sent DK a payment around the 4th Feb as he sent one the month before on that date.

Hence why on the 6th DK makes a request for the money he is owed.

This is why DK obviously knows straight away something is wrong as Joey didn’t send his monthly payment.

IMO

Last edited:
So looking at Bessie’s spread sheet Joey would of sent DK a payment around the 4th Feb as he sent one the month before on that date.

Hence why on the 6th DK makes a request for the money he is owed.

This is why DK obviously knows straight away something is wrong as Joey didn’t send his monthly payment.

IMO

I thought it was coincidence (or not) that the $2000 would have covered what was said to be remaining on the "payoff" to Dan. The request made on the 6th, IIRC, he cancelled that request.

I wish we had the video for that PayPal testimony, typically we can see way more in the exhibits than they ask questions about lol

@Mony Mony

This is the best I could get.

I believe it shows Feb 3rd... 8:33pm? I thought it was the 7:03pm one, but then it's not chronological... so the 7:03pm one must be the 5th? I can clearly see the 2/5/2010 10:26pm for sure.

ETA the snip lol

Attachments

• Dan paypal debit card Feb.JPG
    Dan paypal debit card Feb.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 30
Interesting... on another note... I worked for a company that contracts to google and there are human elements to "ranking" that I'm not sure how much people know about LOL It was ... with a very basic explanation... verifying results and relevance to a 'search', which takes into account everything on that site. There was way more to it... but I've said too much already haha

It's changed completely in my time.

Way back in the day when on page optimisation was big, and links. then blogs, then social signals, then quality content publishing, then mobile and geo, then google even stopped showing you what key words you were ranking on - "free" lunch was over!

IMO google has cleaned up its act a lot since 10 years ago when it tended to be a massive spamdex of robo sites and nonsense

If only Facebook would do the same ;)

There is a spreadsheet in the old forum, I compared it after we got more Paypal info... from records that were released years ago and are in the McStay forum, there was a $2000 transaction that always seemed to be questionable as to how it was done and if Joey himself started that transaction possibly on the 4th. It was a transfer from his bank to his PayPal account of $2000 but it didn't go through until the 9th (which is why it was questioned who did it and when). It would be that $2000 that allowed Dan to just transfer the $900 on the 10th, the $200 on the 11th and the $800 on the 12th directly to his own account. After that, he had to transfer money using the union bank, $3000 on the 12th and $1000 on the 13th.

Anyway, I think this $2000 may be the discrepancy.. he used that $2000 IMO but it wasn't transferred and then transferred again if that makes sense lol

I'm reluctant to share the spreadsheet here but it can easily be found in this thread... posted by bessie. I'm impressed with how much bessie was able to figure out in this case with the so very little that she had to work with! LOL

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ase-facts-no-discussion.190911/#post-10061862

Thanks I will dig into this!

However Maline knew for a fact that DK did not "swipe" 2K from Joey's account on the 5th

Forensic dude sent him a report in 2018 with the transactions that he presented in his EIC

Did the police ever investigate the previous owner of the McStay house? Whoever lost the house to the McStays through foreclosure probably lost a large amount of equity...more money than Chase stole. I would assume there would be some hard feelings there.

I'm just curious whether the investigation was thorough, or whether they latched onto Chase (for obvious reasons) to the exclusion of everyone else. The former owners probably retained at least one set of keys to the house.

If Dan was scamming Joey on SEO then Joey was scamming all his customers who were ordering fountains that Joey simply purchased from suppliers and drop shipped at 33% margin. The simple fact is the knowledge of where to source the fountains and connecting them with customers online could support a significant price margin

@mrjitty. Were you able to grab the time stamp on the PayPal debit card transactions on the 3rd and the 5th? I tried to get them, but i was not quick enough to grab them. Thanks!

There is two on the 3rd

7.03.49PM Foodland PUPUKE 59 720K
5.33.55PM CHEVRON 0099248 Q61

And one on the 5th

10:26.46PM Foodland PUPUKE 59 720K

Did the police ever investigate the previous owner of the McStay house? Whoever lost the house to the McStays through foreclosure probably lost a large amount of equity...more money than Chase stole. I would assume there would be some hard feelings there.

I'm just curious whether the investigation was thorough, or whether they latched onto Chase (for obvious reasons) to the exclusion of everyone else. The former owners probably retained at least one set of keys to the house.
I have never heard of previous owner's killing a family of four because they've lost their home to a foreclosure. I've heard about owners stealing and trashing but murder, never.

Law enforcement followed the evidence. The evidence lead to Merritt to the exclusion of all others.

I do believe the year long investigation was very thorough.

That's why all the evidence gathered in the long investigation showed the murderer of this family of four was committed by CM.

Imo, during this lengthy time they ruled others out just like they do in every case.

Respectfully, the previous owners being killers of tiny children just because they previously lost their home to the bank seems more far fetched than the defense lamely trying to blame DK for crimes he did not commit.

The first thing that happens in a foreclosed home is the bank changes the locks knowing the previous owners could come back, and do vandalism damage or become illegal squatters.

Imo, all of the facts in evidence shows who did commit this crime. There is no evidence showing it was done by anyone else, much less previous homeowners.

Even the location of the graves were in CMs comfort zone. His pings put him in the area. Everything,...all of it points to CM, and no one else.

Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members