CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everyone on this thread cares about this case very much? Caring about this case is not equivalent to believing CM is guilty.

Whether one cares about the victims has nothing to do with whom one believes to be the killer(s).

Regardless if it's sufficiently proved, but even if CM did the alleged calling and "impersonating" JM, that is zero evidence linking him to the MURDER.

(Oh, talk about impersonating, didn't DK's ex girlfriend say he told her he went to JM's house and pretended to be JM for some hours? I know there has been no testimony of this so far, but even if the girlfriend testified on this, and even if there is proof that DK impersonated JM, it's not a proof of murder by DK just as as the same holds true for CM.)

But we KNOW that Chase impersonated Joey when he called to cancel Quicxkbooks because he admitted it. And he 'impersonated' Joey when he forged those checks and cashed them.

Sio trying to deflect and point to DK 'maybe' impersonating Joey, when it has never been verified is weak, imo.

Right? I'm surprised we are actually going to have court on Monday. Like something must be wrong.

There is still time for it to be cancelled. I mean it's the day after Mother's Day. I'm sure someone will have something they have to do. :rolleyes:

I still can't believe there isn't a camera in the courtroom everyday. So frustrating.

DK is a great example of cognitive biases

Chase supporters bought into the defence claim that there was no investigation because it fitted with long running conspiracy theories and preconceived notions about the case.

Show us the hard evidence of DKs alibi they said!

Then when it turned out the defence had the evidence of DKs alibi for years people still demand to see even stronger evidence. Goal posts shifted!

Then when the defence don't even produce the supposed star witnesses it all doesn't matter because DK was pleading the 5th anyway

It shows how difficult it is to overcome preconceived notions which lack any evidence at all but which we are emotionally attached to.

It's actually quite a fascinating case because digital forensics prove the guilty knowledge
Not forgetting of course the cheque created at the house at 8pm, by Joey, or DK, or the hired hitman. The one for paul mitchell that he had already authorised Merritt at lunch that day to go ahead and print himself, on the blanks he pre-signed.

Or maybe that one was intended to be in addition to the one for $4500 Merritt printed the next day, and Joey really wanted him to have $8500 but Merritt didn't get around to printing the additional $4000 that Joey never fathomed out how to get out of the printer for him. ;)

But we KNOW that Chase impersonated Joey when he called to cancel Quicxkbooks because he admitted it. And he 'impersonated' Joey when he forged those checks and cashed them.

Sio trying to deflect and point to DK 'maybe' impersonating Joey, when it has never been verified is weak, imo.
Gosh, I've just had a thought, maybe he pretended he was Joey while he was feeding the dogs. :eek:

They implied he might. They can't really say that with a certainty. We don't really know what he would or wouldn't say or do.

Exactly. Somehow what the state said about him probably taking the 5th as somehow morphed into an affirmative statement by the state saying he would. Not true.

Didn't the state make this statement referring to why they think he might do so? Saying more or less it's because hes being smeared by being falsely accused of being the killer of the McStay family?

If so, that's totally different than saying the state says they know he WILL as if he has something to hide, and implying the state already knows he will. When that is not true.

Nothing can be more misleading than out of context statements. Imo.

If I was being falsely accused of murdering babies or anyone for that matter, I would tell anyone who wanted me on the witness stand for their own underhanded purposes... to go pound sand, and contact my lawyer.

I still want to see any subpoena document that was issued by the DT for DK.

If the investigator was trying to locate him then the sole purpose for doing so would be to serve him a subpoena to appear as a defense witness in the trial.

So where is it? Imo its nonexistent because if he had a subpoena against him, and the DT investigator was unable to locate him the defense would make the judge aware, and he then steps in to assist. JS would order LE to locate him, and they would of course because he is not in hiding at all. One quick search on the internet shows that he isn't in hiding.

I've seen other judges do the same in other cases when the defense was unable to locate a witness they wished to call in their case.

Imo, this smoke, and mirror charade of being unable to locate their witnesses is just that. All made up BS. It does give us a glimpse into how shady, and unethical the DT is.

As I said previously ' one cannot find what they don't seek to find.' That also includes the charade of not being able to find their DK star witness who they say they lost track of as well. Yet according to their OS she was going to save the day. Riiight.

How anyone can still believe anything the DT says is still mind blowing to me.

How many underhanded shenanigans, and stunts do they have to pull to lose their credibility for some to be convinced their ethics, and, credibility are less than zero? SMH!

Imoo

Last edited:
Hey, if it's free and Chase doesn't have to work for it, he's on it like flies on rice. See how I segued into "grains"? But I'm still open to trees.;)

Agree, and he doesn't even have to scam, and con other victims either. Thank goodness for that because if out more victims would fall prey. At least now other future victims have been protected from his scams, and ripoffs.

Its obvious he never cared anyway about making sure his family had a roof over their head or food on the table. He left that up to Joey to be the man he should have been when Joey was alive.

It's always been about CM, and only him. So he's the one who doesn't have to worry about being taken care of in the last 4 years.

In CJs statement when she said CM cared about no one or anything, she left the most important part out. IMOO.

CM definitely cares about CM only, and he does care about $$$$$$!

Think about it? When he wasn't ripping people of scamming them out of $$$$$, and murdering Joey and his family taking illegal $$$$$$ from the man he had murdered... then what else is CM known as doing besides being a gambling addict?

Yep, digging hoping to strike gold!!

CMs entire adult life was consumed with $$$$$$$!

Whether he had to scam/con many victims to get it or kill 4 or digging hoping to strike it rich his entire universe revolved around himself AND $$$$$$!

Jmo

Unfortunately, they can't bring up past "activities".

Fortunately if convicted it will all come in during the sentencing phase. Character witnesses are always in the second phase, and not in the guilt phase.

Each side must prepare now in case he is convicted. The state probably has so many witnesses lined up to testify against CM they won't be able to call them all.

Sentencing phases are as interesting as the trial itself. Imo. They are like mini trials, but far different from the guilt phase.

Everything JS has ruled as too prejudicial all comes in now. The floodgates will open. Many times we learn awful things a defendant has done that even we were not aware of until then.

If it goes to this phase Charles no longer has the presumption of innocence.

Imo, the worst defense strategy I've seen defense attorneys do... is get up, and tell the jury to their face they got it all wrong, and convicted the wrong person.

How insulting.

Although if it does get to the sentencing phase I do hope this DT tries to pull the same stunt, and then watch it fall like a lead balloon.

Imoo

Not forgetting of course the cheque created at the house at 8pm, by Joey, or DK, or the hired hitman. The one for paul mitchell that he had already authorised Merritt at lunch that day to go ahead and print himself, on the blanks he pre-signed.

Or maybe that one was intended to be in addition to the one for $4500 Merritt printed the next day, and Joey really wanted him to have $8500 but Merritt didn't get around to printing the additional $4000 that Joey never fathomed out how to get out of the printer for him. ;)

Joey must have created and deleted that cheque then called chase to let him know to create it and print and delete it all over again!

Fortunately if convicted it will all come in during the sentencing phase. Character witnesses are always in the second phase, and not in the guilt phase.

Each side must prepare now in case he is convicted. The state probably has so many witnesses lined up to testify against CM they won't be able to call them all.

Sentencing phases are as interesting as the trial itself. Imo. They are like mini trials, but far different from the guilt phase.

Everything JS has ruled as too prejudicial all comes in now. The floodgates will open. Many times we learn awful things a defendant has done that even we were not aware of until then.

If it goes to this phase Charles no longer has the presumption of innocence.

Imo, the worst defense strategy I've seen defense attorneys do... is get up, and tell the jury to their face they got it all wrong, and convicted the wrong person.

How insulting.

Although if it does get to the sentencing phase I do hope this DT tries to pull the same stunt, and then watch it fall like a lead balloon.

Imoo
Interesting post and hope that this portion of the trial is over soon. Wonder how many of our opinions on CMs guilt or innocence are affected by our views on the death penalty?

Would anyone be interested in creating a poll asking first who believes in DP as punishment for certain terrible crimes? And the 2nd question would be does the defendant deserve the death penalty? I would do it if I knew how.

It might provide insight into how our views and arguments are affected by our stance on this issue. Perhaps not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia