CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been discussed before. It makes more sense and takes less time to dig 2 shallow graves because you hit caliche at 12"- to 20" deep in the desert. Caliche is almost like digging on a huge slab of rock. That's common knowledge to any desert rat.
Unless you have a backhoe and go down a good 6 feet down, you're going to have methane and liquid decay pushing up through the top. Caliche has almost a zero perc, decay won't go downward, it will move horizontally and the methane will push it up.

So the comment was made after a research on the efficiency of grave digging and the optimal number and depths of the graves? What about, say, 3 shallower graves?

Again, what book are you talking about?

It all goes to where you just happen to live. If you're close to a desert area, it's a pretty common thing to say. in a wooded area, you'd say the hunters will find the bodies or the bones.
I wonder if MM might have picked that scenario up from the book writer?

Where I was raised - if someone went missing they were thrown in the river. I don’t even know who said it or why but very common to hear.

So the comment was made after a research on the efficiency of grave digging and the optimal number and depths of the graves? What about, say, 3 shallower graves?

Again, what book are you talking about?
No, common sense by a desert rat. I live in the high desert and was raised in the lower deserts of the Phoenix area.
I'm not referring to any book

IMO that quote by MM was purely coincidence Frankie, what are your thoughts on it? The full quote in context is

My fear is that I’m looking for two adult shallow graves and … my two nephews’ crosses,” Michael McStay said. “If there’s no evidence of foul play at the house, like police said, it doesn’t mean there’s not a crime scene elsewhere.”

So MM was thinking they could have met with foul play as he said Joseph would have called him by now to let Susan and Patrick know they were ok. It’s unfortunate that some people read more into it.
BBM, So broken down into context about what MM stated his fear was they would be "looking for 2 adult shallow graves."
Then he states "and my nephew's crosses". What does he exactly mean by that about his nephew's crosses? Notice he doesn't mention his nephew's graves.
So what is he thinking with the crosses i wonder?

BBM, Not sure if we are allowed to go into detail about any books on the case written by anyone on the McStay case here?
In that case it should also not be used to put forth the concept of 2 adult shallow graves in the desert. There was only one person responsible for making that statement, especially when LE believed the family was voluntarily missing.

IMO that quote by MM was purely coincidence Frankie, what are your thoughts on it? The full quote in context is

My fear is that I’m looking for two adult shallow graves and … my two nephews’ crosses,” Michael McStay said. “If there’s no evidence of foul play at the house, like police said, it doesn’t mean there’s not a crime scene elsewhere.”

So MM was thinking they could have met with foul play as he said Joseph would have called him by now to let Susan and Patrick know they were ok. It’s unfortunate that some people read more into it.

This has been discussed before. It makes more sense and takes less time to dig 2 shallow graves because you hit caliche at 12"- to 20" deep in the desert. Caliche is almost like digging on a huge slab of rock. That's common knowledge to any desert rat.
Unless you have a backhoe and go down a good 6 feet down, you're going to have methane and liquid decay pushing up through the top. Caliche has almost a zero perc, decay won't go downward, it will move horizontally and the methane will push it up.

No, common sense by a desert rat. I live in the high desert and was raised in the lower deserts of the Phoenix area.
I'm not referring to any book

Okay, but “Two adult shallow graves” and “Shallow graves” when multiple people are missing are pretty much the same thing. I mean, he didn’t say “shallow grave (singular)” so what’s the difference? Anyway, it seems to be a common thought/phrase and not as nefarious as MM bashers seem to think.
I don’t think I can mention the specific book here (which is odd, IMO) but as far as I know, there aren’t but 2 possible books written about the case.

Had it been Chase Merritt who made the "two adult shallow graves" comment (or even just "graves"), imagine how different the reactions would be. Using past tense is an indication of guilt, but remark about "two adult shallow graves" is perfectly natural, reasonable, understandable.

In that case it should also not be used to put forth the concept of 2 adult shallow graves in the desert. There was only one person responsible for making that statement, especially when LE believed the family was voluntarily missing.
So are you saying what MM said are words from a book? I thought it must of been from an interview or something? In that case if from a book i would take it with a large grain of salt.

Yes, because he was an author gathering facts and there had never been mention of the family being deceased until the news interview with MM where it was quoted. LE was still working on the premise of voluntarily missing.
BBM
Patrick McStay is the only author I am aware of who was actually "gathering facts" about the McStay murder case. :rolleyes:

Had it been Chase Merritt who made the "two adult shallow graves" comment (or even just "graves"), imagine how different the reactions would be. Using past tense is an indication of guilt, but remark about "two adult shallow graves" is perfectly natural, reasonable, understandable.

My posts that you quoted have NOTHING to do with your comment above.

BBM
Considering who made the statement and in what context I do believe it was perfectly natural, reasonable and understandable. Michael McStay knew by this time that his family must be dead or they would've made contact with somebody.

BBM
Considering who made the statement and in what context I do believe it was perfectly natural, reasonable and understandable. Michael McStay knew by this time that his family must be dead or they would've made contact with somebody.

Especially considering the fact, that he had every reason to suspect foul play. The double stroller was in the garage, SM's prescription eyeglasses on the kitchen counter and dogs left to fend for themselves in the backyard. No had heard from them for eons. Money untouched in bank acct. It doesn't sound to me, like a strange thing for MM to say. At all.

I have yet to see any logical explanation for Chase Merritt being at the Mcstay home on the night they was murdered.

The cheque places him at the home and if he wasn’t involved then he should of witnessed what happened to the family.

Yes. And where exactly was he again, that nite? Oh yeah, he can't remember. And neither can anyone else, for certain.

All those reasons you state are exactly the reason he should have immediately suspected foul play and reported the family missing. Would the family go on a 10 day vacay without the stroller, without Summer’s prescription glasses and with the dogs in the yard? I think not.
All that would be logical if you were a close family member IMO.
If not, then it tells me that MM etc. were just going to wait and see if the family would return home anytime soon. Perhaps initially they would of been in denial anything terrible had happened to their loved ones? Who would even really would want to think that, especially with two small children involved?

BBM
Patrick McStay is the only author I am aware of who was actually "gathering facts" about the McStay murder case. :rolleyes:

As if we all agree on what are facts and what aren't.

I have yet to see any logical explanation for Chase Merritt being at the Mcstay home on the night they was murdered.

The cheque places him at the home and if he wasn’t involved then he should of witnessed what happened to the family.

Who do you think physically shut down the E-Machine on Feb. 8th (2010)?
Where do you think the computer JOSEPE-LAP went? Who took it?

When did DK first call LE for them to do a wellness check on JM and his family when he wasn't able to contact Joey? Wasn't that around the 9th. of Feb.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia