CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm so would this include the area where his phone pinged near the gravesites?
I measured a straight line distance of 36 miles between RC and the gravesites, I actually thought it was further than that. If I remember correctly I believe my phone was roaming in the Beaumont area witch is about the same distance being 35 miles but is SE of RC and the gravesites are almost due North. So, I certainly would expect the defense to challenge the accuracy of the data by calling an expert witness to the stand, after all there’s very little downside for the defense in doing so.

Thank You.
It’s crazy I have been posting about this family for years on here and I have never heard the name mentioned.

Talking about people who may be called...

Does anybody remember a news article where Chase took a family gold hunting? ( I don’t know the correct term) Chase brought the McStays up to this family and was I think aggressive and they got really scared by him and thought he was planning to rob them or even murder them? They managed to escape him and got back to the car. But they was definitely spooked by his behaviour and they had a ton of equipment that was valuable.
Yes prospecting. They were in a prospecting group together. They were not afraid of Merritt until he told them of the disappearance. He never threatened them either, they just felt uncomfortable and thought he was trying to get them to a more secluded area. I doubt they will be called to testify.

Only if they are aware of that and can have someone testify that it was an issue during that time though IMO
When I spoke with Verizon concerning the letter their customer retention guy indicated that quite a few of the same letters went out to their customers residing in that area. I think it was a fairly well known issue at the time and that's why I mentioned it, just trying to give a heads up as to what the defense may be up to.

Curious how you know that ? lol

What do you think she will say? When was she an employee? For how long?
About a year or so after the disappearance she posted on FB some very disturbing accounts she had with her employer, spanning over the course of a year or so. Of course I can't link that but I'm certain her testimony will mirror that.

Yes prospecting. They were in a prospecting group together. They were not afraid of Merritt until he told them of the disappearance. He never threatened them either, they just felt uncomfortable and thought he was trying to get them to a more secluded area. I doubt they will be called to testify.

We shall see as the article was pulled pretty quickly once it had gone up so I’m assuming LE had it pulled due to their investigation.

How do you know there’s no article? Just because there’s a CNN special doesn’t mean there’s not an article.
Because I personally know the person who was interviewed for CNN. They did no other interviews before or after. There could have been a mention of the person interviewed in an article, I suppose that is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth