CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 26s27 seconds ago
#McStay - Maline: You were present at some conversations Dan Kavanaugh with your father? Sequeida: Yes Maline: Kavanaugh was calling your father and you and asking what you guys were doing with Joseph McStay ? Prosecution has made several objections.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 12s12 seconds ago
#McStay - Judge sustained prosecution objections about conversations between Sequeida's father and Dan Kavanaugh.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 18s19 seconds ago
#McStay - Maline: Do you know how it's possible that Chase could go to a store and use a check made payable to Metro Sheet Metal for supplies? Pros objected, facts not in evidence. Judge sustained. Maline: You just kind of made that up right? OBJECTION

Tue Jan 22, 10:33:38am

kitkat2409: athy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#McStay - Re-direct by Imes: You said the defendant should not be trusted, why? Sequeida: Lack of experience w/equipment, welding skills were not consistent with what we wanted. Imes: Any other reason why you didn't trust him? Sequeida: I just wanted him to do the work

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 31s31 seconds ago
#McStay - Judge asking question: The one check you mentioned about Merritt receiving a check from McStay that was supposed to be given to your father, do you know what project that was related to? Sequeida: No

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 33s33 seconds ago
#McStay - Sequeida is done. Next witness for the state is John Bluth. Bluth is the motorcycle rider that found the human skull and called police.

Thanks. That certainly isnt a quick arrest by any means.

Ita...they thoroughly investigated every aspect of the case before they arrested CM.

So where in the heck is confirmation bias coming from?

Seems out of thin air.

And the DA said that they knew Chase’s whereabouts every day of the preceding year. I think they did their homework.

I believe we WILL discover that CM accessed JM computer during the computer experts testimony. His brother returned JM computers and I'm positive they were forensically examined. I believe we will hear how CM accessed them from HIS computer/phone etc.
What do you mean by accessed ‘them’? Do you mean ‘it’ the desktop computer? If so how would that be possible, CM’s computer was not networked with JM’s computer?

52m52 minutes ago
#McStay - Joe Sequeida continues his testimony from last Thursday. He's under cross examination by Rajan Maline. Watch Live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

DxiJEBfU8AA-GPm.jpg

45m45 minutes ago
#McStay - Joe Sequeida from Metro Sheet Metal says Merritt was in charge of the plumbing and electrical on the water fountains. Once the sheet metal was done, Chase would do the plumbing.

Maline: You never worked on any of the fountains Merritt and McStay had, did you? Sequeida: Yes, all of them Maline: So if you father told police you worked on none... Objection, sustained.

28m28 minutes ago
#McStay - Maline: You were present at some conversations Dan Kavanaugh with your father? Sequeida: Yes Maline: Kavanaugh was calling your father and you and asking what you guys were doing with Joseph McStay ? Prosecution has made several objections.

28m28 minutes ago
#McStay - Judge sustained prosecution objections about conversations between Sequeida's father and Dan Kavanaugh.

2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Now playing the 911 call Bluth made, "I found what looks like a human skull."

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 27s27 seconds ago
#McStay - Imes: Did you touch/handle the skull? Bluth: I turned it over with a stick Once police arrived Bluth talked to the officer for a little bit and was allowed to leave.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 16s16 seconds ago
#McStay - Bluth is excused. Sgt. Gary Hart is the prosecution's next witness. Hart is with the San Bernadino Sheriff's dept. At the time of this investigation he was a detective.

DxiWz4DU0AAjVQj.jpg

Last edited:
I'm convinced the defense keeps trying to get info to the jury by asking questions they know will be disallowed on objection.

Agreed

And they keep trying to get evidence in via the backdoor

If they want to talk about CM's role of installing fountains around the country - they have the perfect witness to call!

Interesting, two varied standards, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt or innocent beyond a serious possibility. If I were the defendant, I know which one I would want the jury to use.

I think they are the same in this case - a question of semantics.

Reasonable doubt requires a real possibility the defendant did not murder the victims - or in other words, a real possibility he is in fact innocent of the murders.

I think the idea that is alibi has not been checked out is silly and defence grasping at straws
Considering, DK and JM were adversaries in a heated business dispute and DK is known to have threatened JM, with "now you know what I’m capable of" message. I think it’s far from ‘silly’ to verify DK’s alibi and his whereabouts durning that time.

Hi all! Just got home from work... all caught up, thanks for the tweets!

I see that the defense is also questioning how Chase could cash a cheque made out to MSM... I felt like I was missing something, I guess not... I would have liked to have heard an answer though lol

Did they ever go back to that invoice/cheque that we left off with on Thursday?

Considering, DK and JM were adversaries in a heated business dispute and DK is known to have threatened JM, with "now you know what I’m capable of" message. I think it’s far from ‘silly’ to verify DK’s alibi and his whereabouts durning that time.

Agreed

Which is why I said I think it's silly to argue the detectives have not done so.

Hi all! Just got home from work... all caught up, thanks for the tweets!

I see that the defense is also questioning how Chase could cash a cheque made out to MSM... I felt like I was missing something, I guess not... I would have liked to have heard an answer though lol

Did they ever go back to that invoice/cheque that we left off with on Thursday?

I am not sure if they ever answered anymore about that invoice because my feed kept going out and I kept having to reboot. I am going to have to wait for the YouTube I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
localghost