DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On Feb 4th, 2010 the McStay Family, Joey, Summer, Gianni, and Joseph Jr vanished from their home. It looked like the family simply got up and left their home never to return.

Law Enforcement was convinced that the McStay family ran away to Mexico.

Patrick McStay, Joey's father, along with other loved ones knew there was no way Joey and his family would never flee to Mexico. There was no reason for this scenario presented by law enforcement.

Up until the remains of the family were found buried in the desert on November 11, 2013, Patrick McStay searched for his son and his family.

Family friend Chase Merritt was arrested for the McStay family murders on Nov 7th, 2014 and finally, Merritt's first-degree murder trial is underway.

The McStay forum is in our private section. However, we are making the discussion of the trial public.

Link to prior threads
#1 CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Wednesday, January 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9:30am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt (57/now 60) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
12 jurors & 6 alternates were finalized on Tuesday (12/11/18). 8 women & 4 men, while the alternates include 4 men & 2 women. Dec. 19 hearing will focus on evidence & details about possible jury visits to the both the desert grave sites & the McStay family home in Fallbrook. Trial to start 1/7/19.
1/7/19 Day 1: Judge will allow live stream of trial. Judge gives jurors initial instructions. Judge not happy with the number of cameras in the courtroom. Opening statements are done. Trial continues 1/8.
1/8/19 Day 2: State witnesses: Susan Blake (Joseph's mother). Michael McStay (Joseph’s brother). Trial continues on 1/9.
1/9/19 Day 3: Prosecutor tells the judge Mike McStay doesn't want to be shown on camera today. Judge denies request. State witnesses: Jennifer Michley (or Mitchley), former Fallbrook neighbor of the McStays, she is now from out of state. Michael McStay. Trial continues on 1/10.
1/10/19 Day 4: State witnesses: Michael McStay (subject to recall). Bruce Carter, He was security for the San Jacinto Shopping Center mall where the McStay's Isuzu Trooper was towed from on the Mexico Border town of San Ysidro. David Jackson. Jackson worked for the last witness. He was a security guard at the parking where vehicle was owed from. Kathleen Conwell, in 2010 she was an animal control officer for San Diego County. Sgt. Michael Tingley, San Diego Co. Sheriff's Office. In 2010, he was a patrol deputy for the Fallbrook area. Trial continues on Monday, 1/14. Will be dark on Fridays.
1/14/19 Day 5: State witnesses: Jeffrey "McGyver" McCargar (he was friends with Joseph & Summer. He introduced them). Det. Troy DuGal, from San Diego Sheriff's office. Tomorrow 1/15 trial will go from 9:30am to 12 noon, as a juror has an appointment.
1/15/19 Day 6: State witness: Ret. Detective Troy DuGal. Trial continues on 1/16.

Am I spelling the detective's name correctly? Is it DuGal or Dugal - ?? The tweeter person has DuGal.

Wednesday, January 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9:30am PT) - CA - McStay Family: Joseph (40), Summer (43), Gianni (4) & Joey Jr (3) (Feb. 4, 2010, Fallbrook; found Nov. 11, 2013) - *Charles "Chase" Ray Merritt (57/now 60) arrested (11/5/14) & indicted (11/7/14) of 4 counts of murder with special circumstance; plead not guilty. DP case.
12 jurors & 6 alternates were finalized on Tuesday (12/11/18). 8 women & 4 men, while the alternates include 4 men & 2 women. Dec. 19 hearing will focus on evidence & details about possible jury visits to the both the desert grave sites & the McStay family home in Fallbrook. Trial to start 1/7/19.
1/7/19 Day 1: Judge will allow live stream of trial. Judge gives jurors initial instructions. Judge not happy with the number of cameras in the courtroom. Opening statements are done. Trial continues 1/8.
1/8/19 Day 2: State witnesses: Susan Blake (Joseph's mother). Michael McStay (Joseph’s brother). Trial continues on 1/9.
1/9/19 Day 3: Prosecutor tells the judge Mike McStay doesn't want to be shown on camera today. Judge denies request. State witnesses: Jennifer Michley (or Mitchley), former Fallbrook neighbor of the McStays, she is now from out of state. Michael McStay. Trial continues on 1/10.
1/10/19 Day 4: State witnesses: Michael McStay (subject to recall). Bruce Carter, He was security for the San Jacinto Shopping Center mall where the McStay's Isuzu Trooper was towed from on the Mexico Border town of San Ysidro. David Jackson. Jackson worked for the last witness. He was a security guard at the parking where vehicle was owed from. Kathleen Conwell, in 2010 she was an animal control officer for San Diego County. Sgt. Michael Tingley, San Diego Co. Sheriff's Office. In 2010, he was a patrol deputy for the Fallbrook area. Trial continues on Monday, 1/14. Will be dark on Fridays.
1/14/19 Day 5: State witnesses: Jeffrey "McGyver" McCargar (he was friends with Joseph & Summer. He introduced them). Det. Troy DuGal, from San Diego Sheriff's office. Tomorrow 1/15 trial will go from 9:30am to 12 noon, as a juror has an appointment.
1/15/19 Day 6: State witness: Ret. Detective Troy DuGal. Trial continues on 1/16.

Am I spelling the detective's name correctly? Is it DuGal or Dugal - ?? The tweeter person has DuGal.
DuGal and pronounced "Doo-gowl".

Good morning everyone!

As usual I have some more questions. I'm sure no one is surprised! LOL!

First, in the closed thread we were discussing DKs ex girlfriend's possible testimony leaving me with questions.

Question 1. Does anyone know when DK supposedly confessed if it was a face to face conversation or by some other method?

Question 2. If it was by another method other than face to face did she say she recorded the entire conversation between them?

Question 3 & 4. How long had it been since the relationship ended, and when she notified the defense?

Question 5 & 6. Had their relationship already ended at the time she said he confessed, and, if so, how long had it been over?

Question 7. Are the memorials put up at the McStay gravesites still there?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may answer my questions. I'm just trying to get a better understanding about DKs ex.

DK's motive, method, and opportunity.......NOT seeing it. Sounds totally ridiculous.

Holding a child at knife point to get 2 adults to do what he wants? JM and SM are going to let THAT happen?

Was he stealing from the company?

His ex-GF comes up with this NOW?

He's in Hawaii during this time, doesn't take a lot to verify that and it's obvious that LE did their due diligence on that and moved on.

We're supposed to believe the multi-felon, thief, and con man CM isn't capable of this crime or carried it out......right.

Just expressing my opinion. DK is just the defense's method to distract us from their client and some people are getting sucked into it.

DK's motive, method, and opportunity.......NOT seeing it. Sounds totally ridiculous.

Holding a child at knife point to get 2 adults to do what he wants? JM and SM are going to let THAT happen?

Was he stealing from the company?

His ex-GF comes up with this NOW?

He's in Hawaii during this time, doesn't take a lot to verify that and it's obvious that LE did their due diligence on that and moved on.

We're supposed to believe the multi-felon, thief, and con man CM isn't capable of this crime or carried it out......right.

Just expressing my opinion. DK is just the defense's method to distract us from their client and some people are getting sucked into it.

Great post, Bernina.

Didn't even Charles Merritt tell the police that DK was in Hawaii, and he even thought DK lived there?

You don't go to Hawaii with absolutely no one seeing you.

I have no doubt someone on the homicide investigating team went to Hawaii at some point to checkout his alibi.

LOL! They probably had no problem getting investigators who were more than willing to be the ones selected to go.

The state has long known the defense was going to use the SODDI defense and knew their target was going to be DK.

It makes no sense the investigators would just sit there doing nothing, and not verify DKs alibi while knowing the defense is going to target DK as the SODDI.

Imo

Good morning everyone!

As usual I have some more questions. I'm sure no one is surprised! LOL!

First, in the closed thread we were discussing DKs ex girlfriend's possible testimony leaving me with questions.

Question 1. Does anyone know when DK supposedly confessed if it was a face to face conversation or by some other method?

Question 2. If it was by another method other than face to face did she say she recorded the entire conversation between them?

Question 3 & 4. How long had it been since the relationship ended, and when she notified the defense?

Question 5 & 6. Had their relationship already ended at the time she said he confessed, and, if so, how long had it been over?

Question 7. Are the memorials put up at the McStay gravesites still there?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may answer my questions. I'm just trying to get a better understanding about DKs ex.

The supposed admission was recent and after she couldn't convince him to turn himself in, she went to the FBI, then the defense. They weren't intimate at the time but she claimed he was like a brother to her and it was a long relationship. She has also claimed he has threatened her and she requested witness protection.

The memorial is still there.

Anyone else having problems with live stream in and out?

These are the tests presumably done on Merritt's truck's lights to compare with the Mitchley video. (I could be totally wrong because I didn't hear him say it was Merritt's truck, I suppose it could be the Trooper)

test tunning lights.png

This is a few screenshots from the Mitchley video

mcstay 6 porch night car head & tail jm.png mcstay 6 porch night car heads b jm.png mcstay 6 porch night car heads jm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980